• 97 results
Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) 2 years, 9 months ago

Poll: Battle of the Week: King Bradley vs Afro Samurai (56 votes)

King Bradley 57%
Afro Samurai 32%
Too close to call fool! 11%

King Bradly vs Afro Samurai

Today we have a treat for you. For the brothers and sisters who love the eastern like comics and anime, we have the battle of two exceptional super human swordsmen. In one corner the Sin of Wrath himself, King Bradley vs the Number One badass himself, Afro Samurai.

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Bradley is FMA Brotherhood and Manga. Afro is his Series and Movie.
  • Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter (no prep for either side) and both characters have standard gear.
  • They're fighting in a generic city setting. It takes place during the day and they start roughly 100 feet apart and visible. Everything in the city (let's say the city is the size of Manhattan and surrounded by ocean) is on limits.
  • Incapacitation, knockout, BFR (battlefield removal, which means knocking someone so far away that the fight cannot continue in the very near future) or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too. "What's a tactical retreat?" It's leaving the fight with the intention of not returning to the battle in the immediate future. Going to another spot in the environment to catch your breath for a moment or two or for a tactical advantage is not a tactical retreat.
  • Treating everyone else in the debate with respect is a sign of a good debater. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. This is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging about fan fic.
  • If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs. Viner posts that stand out will be included at the end.
  • Votes last till late Friday, and the votes will be posted in the OP to see where combatants stand by Friday. Votes do not determine who wins, only who the majority at the time sides with.

Special thanks to @k4tzm4n for allowing me and other users to continue making these battle of the week threads

#1 Posted by MICKEY-MOUSE (36712 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#2 Posted by HigorM (8915 posts) - - Show Bio

Very interesting match, let's say what the "experts" have to say.

#3 Posted by never give up (24994 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn I only know Afro!

#4 Posted by Vertigo- (17727 posts) - - Show Bio

Can anyone post some feats for Afro? I'll admit I hardly know a thing about him, and am only somewhat familiar with Bradley (really gotta get back to watching FMA:B)

#5 Posted by Sy8000 (35227 posts) - - Show Bio

Not the most original match tbh, but it's still good I suppose.

#6 Edited by VashtaNerada88 (3498 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone please clear this up for me...

BOTH of Wraths eye's are "ultimate". correct? And he only wares the patch to hide his eye tattoo.

my reason for saying this (i was told multiple times it's only one eye)

No Caption Provided

"my eyes (plural) were much too good for that"

No Caption Provided

After losing the tattooed eye against greedling, the bottom panel still depicts a streak from his opposite eye when blitzing mustang. (To me) it shows he still possess his ultimate sight.

either way, from what i seen of afro, just the series, (and it was awhile ago) the only thing he has over Bradley is skill but it's not by such a margin to say he would take the majority and Wrath has RIDICULOUS endurance

#7 Edited by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Jonez_ (11445 posts) - - Show Bio

Bradley would win but he would have to work for it.

#9 Posted by cpt_nice (9906 posts) - - Show Bio

Wrath in a good fight. Better in pretty much every way.

#10 Posted by Vertigo- (17727 posts) - - Show Bio

From what I can find, Bradley seems to hold the speed advantage, both of them are casual bullet timers, but the reason I give Bradley the edge is because he was actually reflecting the bullets from a tank while running towards it, whereas Afro was just dodging them. While both are impressive, Bradley's just seems more difficult to pull off, and he did it super casually.

He also seems to have a durability advantage, being stabbed in the stomach, losing an eye and shot in the arm, but still capable of pulling off the feat of dodging Mustangs alchemy and capturing him, I can't really find anything of Afro's to compare to this.

Bradley seems to be at the same strength level as Afro as well, can't find anything that gives anyone an advantage in my eyes

I will give afro a skill advantage though.

I don't feel as if the skill advantage is enough to give him the win, he'd have a tough time overcoming Bradleys speed durability.

Vote goes to Bradley.

#11 Edited by Mr_Ingenuity (14698 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Warlockmage (9211 posts) - - Show Bio

why isnt Jash doing this weeks? just wanderin

#13 Posted by jashro44 (52416 posts) - - Show Bio

Yesterday I was late and I couldn't really get online so Cadence decided to help me out.

#14 Posted by Warlockmage (9211 posts) - - Show Bio
@jashro44 said:
@warlockmage said:

Yesterday I was late and I couldn't really get online so Cadence decided to help me out.

coolio, just wanted to make sure you werent going anywhere.

#15 Posted by VashtaNerada88 (3498 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_ingenuity: @sirfizzwhizz: K thanks.

@blackestnight93: I agree with your breakdown but i don't recall anything significant about afros strength.

Bradley however shredded Captain Buccaneer's automail arm with just a single swipe. As well as cutting that tank round you mentioned in half without him breaking stride.

Avatar image for the_man_with_questions
#16 Edited by The_Man_With_Questions (2707 posts) - - Show Bio

Voted for Afro. He's black.

#17 Posted by Vertigo- (17727 posts) - - Show Bio

@vashtanerada88: well, to be fair, my explanation was based around a few respect threads I browsed real quick, and I haven't actually gotten around to finishing FMA:B yet (RL stuff keeps me super busy lol) so I had to go off a respect thread for that as well. most of what I found in the strength department seemed to put them pretty close like sending people flying, cutting through stone, etc. The strength feats for Bradley were lacking so I had to go off that.

#18 Posted by juiceboks (24799 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll make a detailed post backing Afro as soon as possible.

#19 Edited by StormShadow_X (16693 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Manchine (6328 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#21 Posted by XioKenji (3372 posts) - - Show Bio

Afro should stomp this

#22 Posted by fiodestromus (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

Ooooo Shinobu avatar ^^^^^

#23 Edited by fiodestromus (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

Also Afro should be faster and more efficient with his blade .

Here Afro reacts and deflects a laser being shot at him ,while also using it to kill his enemy.

https://zippy.gfycat.com/MistyObedientAmericanbulldog.webm

Here he was dodging point blank blast from what looks to be a plasma canon

https://gfycat.com/GiganticOnlyBurro

Then he did this which seemed to be FTE

https://gfycat.com/NeatExcitableHermitcrab

I mean though I watched the anime , I haven't actually read the manga for FMA but unless Bradley was dodging and deflecting bullets ,lasers and canons , I don't think he can keep up with Afro in speed and out put .

Also Afro has taken explosions Rpg damage multiple times , and had taken hits that sent him through several stone pillars with no sign of stopping .

https://gfycat.com/OilyNaiveBarracuda

https://gfycat.com/UnfitSourIceblueredtopzebra

#24 Posted by fiodestromus (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats about all I can post for him though
He has 2 respect threads if anyone wants to see them . Its the only way I could have gotten scans for what he can do .

#25 Posted by Shintakie (709 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackestnight93: Afros durability seems hard to top though. Thinking on it, the majority of his fights near the end of his series happened in very quick succession. Heck, didn't he survive getting stabbed in the head in his final fight?

Also there was that ridiculous fight with his robot self were they fell from God only knows how far and Afro survived the landing. Yeah he used the robot to cushion his fall, but that only does so much.

#26 Posted by fiodestromus (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackestnight93: Afros durability seems hard to top though. Thinking on it, the majority of his fights near the end of his series happened in very quick succession. Heck, didn't he survive getting stabbed in the head in his final fight?

Also there was that ridiculous fight with his robot self were they fell from God only knows how far and Afro survived the landing. Yeah he used the robot to cushion his fall, but that only does so much.

Exactly and he tanked several RPGS during the series .

#27 Edited by Vertigo- (17727 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shintakie: The issue with using the RPG durability, is that it isn't really that helpful in this fight considering both combatants don't use explosives. Hell, right after he tanked that explosion in the second one, he got slashed across the back. Bradley still seems superior in damage soak to me, getting stabbed, shot and losing an eye and still managing to take down Mustang on top of that? That's much better then anything you posted in my books.

in regards to Afro, I've never watched the series. Most of my knowledge for him was gleaned off respect threads.

@fiodestromus

#28 Edited by LlehDevil (7259 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Afro should win this but I already gave in my biased vote for bada** Bradley.

#29 Edited by fiodestromus (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackestnight93 said:

@Shintakie: The issue with using the RPG durability, is that it isn't really that helpful in this fight considering both combatants don't use explosives. Hell, right after he tanked that explosion in the second one, he got slashed across the back. Bradley still seems superior in damage soak to me, getting stabbed, shot and losing an eye and still managing to take down Mustang on top of that? That's much better then anything you posted in my books.

in regards to Afro, I've never watched the series. Most of my knowledge for him was gleaned off respect threads.

@fiodestromus

True true , but the thing with those combatants Bradley took down is that they aren't bullet dodgers or FTE in combat , The girl cutting or tagging afro is a feat for her cause of just how fast he is in combat .Plus the girl might have used those RPG's due to fact that she wouldn't have been able to fully keep up in 1v1 combat.

Later in the series they just kinda start spamming weaponry cause most of them know they can't keep up in a fight .

Plus Afro had taken alot of the same damage during the series , but if Bradley gets tagged , instead of just losing an eye or getting stabbed ,Afro and his blade would glide right through him .

https://gfycat.com/GreedyPowerfulCat

Bradley here doesn't really have any room to get tagged and looking at how fast Afro is compared to the people Bradley face in combat its a bit of a huge difference in terms of skill and speed .

As a matter of fact I think that Bradley's advantage against alot of people during FMA is that his tactical experience and combat prowess outshines theirs who usually rely on Alchemy .

But when he met someone like Scar he had hard time tagging them in combat til his tactical stamina out shined his .

But here he's facing someone whos arguably faster stronger and in equal if not more skill to his own .

Though I never read the manga for Bradley which is the only thing stopping me from being fully confident , but for now I say Afro .

lol sorry if this is a bit lengthy

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
#30 Edited by TheNaughtyTitan (10001 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a very interesting match up in my opinion and I happen to be pretty familiar with both characters. I'll do a quick breakdown comparing their respective stats, skill & abilities.

Strength: At first glance I would pick Afro in this facet, but now that I think about it Bradley has shown off some respectable, superhuman feats of strength. For instance in Brotherhood he kicked Greed so hard he flew around 10-15 feet making a small crater in solid concrete, ragdolled several characters throughout the series and he threw Greeling through a stone wall after being injured in the final battle. Strength is one aspect that I don't see discussed a lot when it comes to Bradley, but despite the lack of buzz about his brawn he's no slouch.

As for Afro i'd say he's as strong as Bradley if not stronger, although he doesn't have the largest portfolio of strength feats. The first thing that comes to mind would be Afro casually backhanded a HUGE mercenary across a room and through a concrete wall. The ease in which he pulls of such an impressive strength feat alone puts him above Bradley, but not by a huge amount. I wouldn't characterize Afro's fighting style as very physical either. Not like Bradley anyway. Bradley has a very aggressive, hands on fighting style where he's liable to use everything but the kitchen sink during a fight. Just look at his first encounter with Greed where he uses kicks & shoulder checks to overwhelm and disorient greed, not to mention the use of the aforementioned shoulder check to created distance as he swarmed Greed.

Skill: Both Bradley & Afro have very different fighting styles. Bradley tends to lean more on his physical advantages as well as his ultimate eye, whereas Afro's fighting style is a bit more reserved. He tends to sit back waiting for his opponent to make the first move so that he can block/dodge the strike and counter with an attack of his own while his opponents defenses are down. The main reason I'm giving the skill advantage to Afro is because he's fought more skilled opponents throughout his series. Not only that but he fought very skilled opponents that outclassed him physically, such as the Afro bot and his father in Resurrection. Afro Bot especially was a tough challenge because he outclassed Afro in every aspect and had all of his skills programmed into his microchip. Despite this Afro managed to survive and even pull a win out of nowhere when on paper he should have lost that match up 10/10 times.

Bradley is incredibly skilled even being trained from birth to be the perfect killer and he has a ton of experience in the field. His showings against other skilled FMA characters (Lan Fan, Fu, Ling) were very impressive, but it was very clear that his physical advantages helped to carry him through these encounters. Unlike Afro we never saw him really strut his stuff against physically superior foes. It is worth mentioning that Bradley as a tactician should have the advantage here, but in raw skill I still give it to Afro. Bradley's application of his skill-set may very well close the gap, or rather rend the skill edge ineffective.

Speed: Yet another razor close attribute. As most of you know both are casual bullet timers with a plethora of impressive speed feats. I'll keep this brief and just give the edge to Bradley in combat speed. While I do think from a physical standpoint they're nearly dead even (unless you actually take Laser timing seriously), but I have no doubt that Bradley's ultimate eye is going to give him the edge in combat. It's just a huge advantage to be able to predict your opponents movements. Technically that doesn't fall under speed, but i'm going to cover that base here because it goes hand in hand with combat speed.

Toughness/Durability: This will be the unsung hero of this battle in my opinion. Above anything else Bradley and Afro have shown off some insane toughness and endurance in their appearances. Look at Bradley's last battle for reference. He ran miles to get to central, chopped down soldiers, tanks, fought numerous super humans and in the process, sustained multiple life threatening injuries and was left for dead after falling 100 feet into water below. Sound badass yet? No? Well after this he fought the second most badass character in the series. Scar. If that doesn't prove to you that Bradley's one tough SOB I don't know what will. Now even after all that i'm going to give this advantage to Afro. It could be argued that Bradley is tougher, but Afro's straight up more durable. He's fallen off cliffs without any water to catch him, taken explosions, punches from super-humans, gun shots, slashes from enhanced robot samurai, etc. For reference most of the feats i'm citing took place in Afro Samurai: Resurrection so check it out if you're curious.

Intangibles: I don't have much to say here but it's worth noting that Afro has proven to be very unpredictable to the point where he can attack straight from the soul in a fashion where a Afro Bot (who copied all of his techniques) couldn't predict his attacks. I don't think this technique could fool Bradley's ultimate eye though. Despite being inconsequential in this battle it's just a cool little tidbit.

The battle: As for my thoughts on how these factors will come into play i'm not sure. It's a very close match up so I think i'm going to go with too close to call. If Bradley triumphs it will be due to a overwhelming Afro with speed, tactical superiority and aggression. Not to mention his dual swords should make him even harder keep up with. Afro however has had experience fighting dual wielding adversaries. If he can survive the onslaught and turn this into a test of endurance/toughness where both him and Bradley are hurt and exhausted that's where he will find success. Still that's going to be a tough task dealing with someone as crafty and tough as Bradley. Even as he's bleeding to death he's still trying to get you before he falls. In any case this is an extremely fun match up no matter the outcome and I look forward to reading the responses as more people post in this thread.

#31 Posted by TheNaughtyTitan (10001 posts) - - Show Bio

I almost wish I voted for Afro after seeing how incredibly uneven the poll is. Wow.

#32 Posted by VashtaNerada88 (3498 posts) - - Show Bio

Also Afro should be faster and more efficient with his blade .

Here Afro reacts and deflects a laser being shot at him ,while also using it to kill his enemy.

https://zippy.gfycat.com/MistyObedientAmericanbulldog.webm

A good showing and im not trying to downplay the feat but that laser seemed like it was shooting wild in various directions. Tough to say if he intentionally meant for it to severe that bots arm

Here he was dodging point blank blast from what looks to be a plasma canon

https://gfycat.com/GiganticOnlyBurro

Another good deflecting/reaction feat although it looks as he was just barely making it from side to side in order to close the gap. Bradley has very little difficulty outpacing bullet timers

blitzes Lan Fan while running vertically up a ladder

I can't find a vid/gif of it but during Edward Elrics State Alchemist exam, Ed tries to make a point of how dangerous it is for the Bradley to be present around the exams of people as formidable as alchemist. (he says something like "if i wanted i could assassinate you now") After he forms a spear he blitzes the King before anyone could stop him, Bradley congratulates him on his performance as the spear Ed was holding falls into pieces from being cut apart. Ed was dumbfounded.

If anyone has this scan id appreciate it if you could post it up please.

Then he did this which seemed to be FTE

https://gfycat.com/NeatExcitableHermitcrab

Bradley cut Isacc multiple times before he could react (only using 1 sword too)

Isacc gets cut

I mean though I watched the anime , I haven't actually read the manga for FMA but unless Bradley was dodging and deflecting bullets ,lasers and canons , I don't think he can keep up with Afro in speed and out put .

You've seen the anime then you know Scar>both elric brothers in combat. Scar was also able to dodge to dodge shots from Reza Hawkeye; a decorated sniper for the military.

Reza shooting at Scar

Yet it took all the PIS fma could muster to have Scar stalemate a mortally wounded Wrath.

Also Afro has taken explosions Rpg damage multiple times , and had taken hits that sent him through several stone pillars with no sign of stopping .

https://gfycat.com/OilyNaiveBarracuda

https://gfycat.com/UnfitSourIceblueredtopzebra

Again, good showing but Bradley was impaled multiple times (by captain buccaneer using a sword and Scar using alchemy) As well as getting pummeled several times by constructs made by scar in his final battle

scar vs wrath

scar vs wrath 2 ( another construct)

Scar impales Bradleys arm w/ alchemy

Even before all that fighting Bradley was on a train bound to Central command when it blew up. He RAN from from somewhere outside central command all the way to the heart of the capital and then proceeded to have his one man fight on Fu/greedling/a platoon of briggs men/a tank/buccaneer/scar.

And then there is the issue of Bradley's Ultimate eye which will more than cover the gap (if there is one) in their speeds.

I think Afro Samurai will be great at the gate but he will steadily be getting kicked & headbutted and cut. Eventually it will be his undoing.

And im pretty sure "standard gear" for Bradly means his 4 saber set. At least half the time he is depicted with at least 2 swords.

#33 Posted by Vertigo- (17727 posts) - - Show Bio

@fiodestromus: Will reply to you tomorrow when (if) I get the chance. it's late where I am.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b
#34 Posted by deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b (3700 posts) - - Show Bio

Bradley.

#35 Posted by Warlockmage (9211 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly couldnt care less about this BoTW...

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
#36 Posted by HeirToTheKingdom (9201 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@thenaughtytitan: I think more people are unfamiliar with Afro. It is a hard to watch series unlike FMB which ran on Carton Network for so long and on Netflix.

#38 Posted by Lunacyde (28178 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone please clear this up for me...

BOTH of Wraths eye's are "ultimate". correct? And he only wares the patch to hide his eye tattoo.

my reason for saying this (i was told multiple times it's only one eye)

No Caption Provided

"my eyes (plural) were much too good for that"

No Caption Provided

After losing the tattooed eye against greedling, the bottom panel still depicts a streak from his opposite eye when blitzing mustang. (To me) it shows he still possess his ultimate sight.

either way, from what i seen of afro, just the series, (and it was awhile ago) the only thing he has over Bradley is skill but it's not by such a margin to say he would take the majority and Wrath has RIDICULOUS endurance

You're correct. Both eyes are "ultimate".

#39 Posted by Lunacyde (28178 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a very interesting match up in my opinion and I happen to be pretty familiar with both characters. I'll do a quick breakdown comparing their respective stats, skill & abilities.

Strength: At first glance I would pick Afro in this facet, but now that I think about it Bradley has shown off some respectable, superhuman feats of strength. For instance in Brotherhood he kicked Greed so hard he flew around 10-15 feet making a small crater in solid concrete, ragdolled several characters throughout the series and he threw Greeling through a stone wall after being injured in the final battle. Strength is one aspect that I don't see discussed a lot when it comes to Bradley, but despite the lack of buzz about his brawn he's no slouch.

As for Afro i'd say he's as strong as Bradley if not stronger, although he doesn't have the largest portfolio of strength feats. The first thing that comes to mind would be Afro casually backhanded a HUGE mercenary across a room and through a concrete wall. The ease in which he pulls of such an impressive strength feat alone puts him above Bradley, but not by a huge amount. I wouldn't characterize Afro's fighting style as very physical either. Not like Bradley anyway. Bradley has a very aggressive, hands on fighting style where he's liable to use everything but the kitchen sink during a fight. Just look at his first encounter with Greed where he uses kicks & shoulder checks to overwhelm and disorient greed, not to mention the use of the aforementioned shoulder check to created distance as he swarmed Greed.

Skill: Both Bradley & Afro have very different fighting styles. Bradley tends to lean more on his physical advantages as well as his ultimate eye, whereas Afro's fighting style is a bit more reserved. He tends to sit back waiting for his opponent to make the first move so that he can block/dodge the strike and counter with an attack of his own while his opponents defenses are down. The main reason I'm giving the skill advantage to Afro is because he's fought more skilled opponents throughout his series. Not only that but he fought very skilled opponents that outclassed him physically, such as the Afro bot and his father in Resurrection. Afro Bot especially was a tough challenge because he outclassed Afro in every aspect and had all of his skills programmed into his microchip. Despite this Afro managed to survive and even pull a win out of nowhere when on paper he should have lost that match up 10/10 times.

Bradley is incredibly skilled even being trained from birth to be the perfect killer and he has a ton of experience in the field. His showings against other skilled FMA characters (Lan Fan, Fu, Ling) were very impressive, but it was very clear that his physical advantages helped to carry him through these encounters. Unlike Afro we never saw him really strut his stuff against physically superior foes. It is worth mentioning that Bradley as a tactition should have the advantage here, but in raw skill I still give it to Afro. Bradley's application of his skill-set may very well close the gap, or rather rend the skill edge ineffective.

Speed: Yet another razor close attribute. As most of you know both are casual bullet timers with a plethora of impressive speed feats. I'll keep this brief and just give the edge to Bradley in combat speed. While I do think from a physical standpoint they're nearly dead even (unless you actually take Laser timing seriously), but I have no doubt that Bradley's ultimate eye is going to give him the edge in combat. It's just a huge advantage to be able to predict your opponents movements. Technically that doesn't fall under speed, but i'm going to cover that base here because it goes hand in hand with combat speed.

Toughness/Durability: This will be the unsung hero of this battle in my opinion. Above anything else Bradley and Afro have shown off some insane toughness and endurance in their appearances. Look at Bradley's last battle for reference. He ran miles to get to central, chopped down soldiers, tanks, fought numerous super humans and in the process, sustained multiple life threatening injuries and was left for dead after falling 100 feet into water below. Sound badass yet? No? Well after this he fought the second most badass character in the series. Scar. If that doesn't prove to you that Bradley's one tough SOB I don't know what will. Now even after all that i'm going to give this advantage to Afro. It could be argued that Bradley is tougher, but Afro's straight up more durable. He's fallen off cliffs without any water to catch him, taken explosions, punches from super-humans, gun shots, slashes from enhanced robot samurai, etc. For reference most of the feats i'm citing took place in Afro Samurai: Resurrection so check it out if you're curious.

Intangibles: I don't have much to say here but it's worth noting that Afro has proven to be very unpredictable to the point where he can attack straight from the soul in a fashion where a Afro Bot (who copied all of his techniques) couldn't predict his attacks. I don't think this technique could fool Bradley's ultimate eye though. Despite being inconsequential in this battle it's just a cool little tidbit.

The battle: As for my thoughts on how these factors will come into play i'm not sure. It's a very close match up so I think i'm going to go with too close to call. If Bradley triumphs it will be due to a overwhelming Afro with speed, tactical superiority and aggression. Not to mention his dual swords should make him even harder keep up with. Afro however has had experience fighting dual wielding adversaries. If he can survive the onslaught and turn this into a test of endurance/toughness where both him and Bradley are hurt and exhausted that's where he will find success. Still that's going to be a tough task dealing with someone as crafty and tough as Bradley. Even as he's bleeding to death he's still trying to get you before he falls. In any case this is an extremely fun match up no matter the outcome and I look forward to reading the responses as more people post in this thread.

Nearly flawless. This is exactly how I'd break it down.

#40 Posted by TheNaughtyTitan (10001 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by Cooldudeachyut (501 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know anything about Afro but it seems it'll be a good fight.

I'll just post more feats for Bradley:

Slices through a tank shell easily
Slices through a tank shell easily

Casually slices through concrete
Casually slices through concrete
Dodges bullets effortlessly
Dodges bullets effortlessly
Can react to a blitz attempt by a skilled fighter like Fu
Can react to a blitz attempt by a skilled fighter like Fu

#42 Posted by LlehDevil (7259 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldudeachyut: Afro's cut and dodged countless missiles as well, arguably more so than Bradley.

#43 Posted by Cooldudeachyut (501 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by LlehDevil (7259 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by Cor_Tsar (4980 posts) - - Show Bio

Bradley wins. Imo stat wise their nearly identical. Afro has a skill advantage, while bradley has precog. So imo precog beats skill. At least for a majority

#46 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@lunacyde: if both eyes are Ultimate, then Scar beat a Ultimate Eye Bradley, and if Scar can beat Ultimate Eye, then it's not as impressive as I thought as the Ultimates Eye failed to counter and predict Scar of all people.

#47 Edited by Lunacyde (28178 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz said:

@lunacyde: if both eyes are Ultimate, then Scar beat a Ultimate Eye Bradley, and if Scar can beat Ultimate Eye, then it's not as impressive as I thought as the Ultimates Eye failed to counter and predict Scar of all people.

Bradley crossed half a country on foot after surviving a train explosion, got stabbed, shot, his eye gouged, fell 100+ feet into a moat bleeding out the whole time, subdued Mustang, and then beat Scar. The only reason Scar didn't die was because of literal divine intervention blinding Bradley just long enough for Scar to get the killshot in. Plus, even if both eyes are "ultimate" only having one is still a disadvantage, and creates blindspots.

Scar is no slouch himself. He dodged gunfire from an expert marksman at essentially point blank range and dodged a projectile moving faster than a tank shell. Not to mention a single touch from Scar is enough to kill.

#48 Posted by SirFizzWhizz (37749 posts) - - Show Bio

@lunacyde: from my understanding the only reason Bradly lost was having his Ultimate Eye gone. Is there a scan that states both are ultimate eyes? Only one eye had the markings. I simply do not recall this

#49 Edited by Lunacyde (28178 posts) - - Show Bio

@sirfizzwhizz: King Bradley explicitly states that his Ultimate Eye is what saved him during the train explosion by calculating the perfect path across the falling debris. The entire scene that shows this happening he has his eye patch on. That would only be possible if both eyes had the power. After all he also explicitly explains he can't see through the eye patch. Still only having one eye to work with instead of two is a handicap in and of itself.

The Ouroboris tattoo has nothing to do with where the actual power is found. All of the Homunculi had the tattoo in different places, but their powers were not limited by the location of the tattoo.

#50 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (14698 posts) - - Show Bio