Battle of the Week: Jason X vs Hellboy

• 46 results
Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Poll Battle of the Week: Jason X vs Hellboy (64 votes)

Jason X 39%
Hellboy 47%
Too close to call... 14%

Battle Of The Week: Hellboy vs Jason X

No Caption Provided

For this week's match, all in the spirit of horror, we pit the supernatural killer Hellboy up against the unstoppable slasher himself, Jason X. Can Hellboy take down this super version of the infamous Jason?

Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter (no prep for either side).
  • Hellboy is Comics version. Jason X is Comics and Films.
  • Standard gear for both sides. As in gear used more than once.
  • They're fighting in a generic city setting. It takes place during the day and they start roughly 150 feet apart and visible. Everything in the city (let's say the city is the size of Manhattan and surrounded by ocean) is on limits.
  • Incapacitation, knockout, BFR (battlefield removal, which means knocking someone so far away that the fight cannot continue in the very near future) or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too. "What's a tactical retreat?" It's leaving the fight with the intention of not returning to the battle in the immediate future. Going to another spot in the environment to catch your breath for a moment or two or for a tactical advantage is not a tactical retreat.
  • Treating everyone else in the debate with respect is a sign of a good debater. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. This is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging about fan fic.
  • If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs. Viner posts that stand out will be included at the end.
  • Votes last till late Friday, and the votes will be posted in the OP to see where combatants stand by Friday. Votes do not determine who wins, only who the majority at the time sides with.

Special thanks to @k4tzm4n for allowing me and other users to continue making these battle of the week threads

• 
Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Wyldsong
mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Let them fight. This should be good.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@lukehero said:

Let them fight. This should be good.

No Caption Provided

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

Im siding with Jason X. I think his regen, durability, and matching strength is enough.

Comic feats can be found here, and live action feats below.

No Caption Provided

Bullet to the brain? KOes him for several seconds, but this is a possessed body not his original. Still, he snaps out of it fine.

No Caption Provided

Swat Team unloads on him for 30 seconds with high caliber, and machine gun fire to no avail. Takes motor fire to blow him up.

No Caption Provided

Impaled multiple times, then smacked around by cars weight of force.

No Caption Provided

Whole porch roof falls on him. He is fine.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Ragdoll by Freddy like a ping pong ball, and then has several tons of boiler land on him. Fine.

No Caption Provided

Lit up by a live electric pole's wire. More annoyed than harmed.

No Caption Provided

Fried by the third rail of a Subway track. Fine.

No Caption Provided

Survives large house busting explosion. Walks away from it still trying to kill the protagonist.

Some strength ones.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Punches a mans head off. Drags Freddy through the window beams, and then throws him one handed 50+ feet. Lifts over with one hand a several ton boiler.

Between the two mediums, Jason X armor, and strength boon I can see Jason winning. His comic Regen is top notch too.

Nima_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This should be good. Jason seems to have the edge in with overall physicals, but Hellboy's experience dealing with freaks/monsters/etc, ability to really think quick on his feet in a fight, and his indestructible fist definitely evens it out at least..

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8
deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason X fell from orbit, tanked a huge ship explosion, and wasn't even KO'd by neither. He beats the bricks off Hellboy's a$$.

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

I wanna side with Hellboy but honestly i dont know enough about either to make an argument. will be watchin

Dragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason X curbstomp, Especially if we are using comic feats.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 owie  Moderator

After a brief perusal, Jason does seem pretty unstoppable, but Hellboy is also pretty tough, and is, more importantly, way smarter and more capable of strategy, even if he is normally somewhat of a hothead.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900
deactivated-5fb6c77c8d900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I have to learn more about comic Hellboy. If he is on par with comic Jason then I'll be surprised.

If his comic feats do not vastly outweigh his movie showings, then this is a awful, just an awful stomp in favor of Jason.

But I will wait. Let me look up and learn more about Hellboy.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Jason X has this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd20c538d35a
deactivated-5cd20c538d35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hellboy is faster, smarter, more skilled and more experienced...

But I dont know if he has the firepower to put Jason down. I cant see Jason tagging him once Hellboy realises that his opponent is stronger and more durable than him, so Hellboys only option here is to try and trap/incapacitate Jason, which I believe he can do in this environment.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Know more about Hellboy, need to learn more about Jason X.

Avatar image for deactivated-5aaf5b14aa8f1
deactivated-5aaf5b14aa8f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason got blown up and still came back I say Jason ftw

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I think I'll give it to Jason.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Vertigo-

gonna back Jason due to his OP healing factor, durability and matching strength.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73
deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason X

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanna side with Hellboy but honestly i dont know enough about either to make an argument. will be watchin

Well, I am almost in the same boat, except for the fact I do know about Jason. One of these days I need to read my Hellboy Omnibus collections, but I don't think I will get it done in time to mount a defense for Hellboy here.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump. Hopefully somebody will drop some Hellboy knowledge and make a case for him...

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@normanbates said:

Jason X fell from orbit, tanked a huge ship explosion, and wasn't even KO'd by neither. He beats the bricks off Hellboy's a$$.

While I agree with Jason X beating Hellboy (in normal mode), I believe that Jason surviving orbit, tanking the explosion from the Grendel, and at least some of the events that followed afterward was in fact all part of the hologram that Jason was subjected to during the movie (i.e. the one that started with the hilariously stupid campers and had the double bodybag kill in it. It was hijacked by a scientist named Kristen who managed to capture Jason X during the comic), thus Jason X did not actually survive falling from orbit but rather a holographic simulation of one. Not only is this supported by the Jason X Special, it was supported by the Jason vs. Jason X comic, whereas normal Jason came from his remains and multiple corpses on the Grendel, aka the same ship that was supposedly blown up (according to Kristen, it was still destroyed though and everybody from the movie was killed, but it did not blow up hence why the ship is still around), thus leaving doubt that Jason went through orbit.

Now as for the topic at hand, Jason X would kill normal Hellboy but he would absolutely fall to Hellboy in "Anung Un Rama" mode. Jason X may be tough but he's not bringing down someone who could bring on the apocalypse!

Interesting theory there on the hologram. I need to go back and look at the books again...

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christovgrigori: after re reading the comic, I see nothing about it being a hologram. It's an ice theory, it that is all it is then.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted for hellboy. I don't really know anything about Jason X. I just want to try to stir the pot. I'll say Hellboy is a better fighter, who has faced worst. Lets see if anyone can prove me wrong.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'd honestly back Hellboy. Faster, more skilled, just as strong, more versatile gear, and has a completely indestructible fist.

SPYDA-MAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anybody got a scan of either one of these theories to prove them?

And I think Jason's durability equal strength and aggressiveness will get him a victory

Bellboy is definitely faster (who ain't lol) and has good on the fly thinking skills can help him greatly in early developments of the fight but the longer it keeps dragging out the higher Jason's chances become.

I'd say Jason has a 6/10 chance for victory

7/10 chance if hellboy keeps slugging it out instead of ranged weapons or anything for a reach advantage for that machete

SPYDA-MAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christovgrigori: thanks for the bid

At least Jason can still survive the bridge explosion and deep space from the Jason x movie when he punched a hole thru the wall to make the chick get sucked out.

That's still impressive but not as impressive as the re-entry that just got disproved

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@christovgrigori said:
@spyda-man said:

Anybody got a scan of either one of these theories to prove them?

Look at the Kristen's speech in the first two panels during 2:06-2:13 of the video below. It clearly shows her talking about Jason, reprograming the holodeck, and everybody in the movie dying. (Warning: Some R-rated material!)

Loading Video...

Does not prove anything. By this logic, why does the comic have the reaction, and thoughts of everyone not Jason? That alone debunks it. Why is the holgram focusing on anything not in his perspective? You have the perspective of victims, main characters, ect, and non of that fits the holo deck view.

Secondly why was the Robot even there? Its clear he was sent to earth to capture Jason, and failed. Which is why he states to kristin he is sorry he had failed.

Finally, the holdeck attack Jason with nanites? Why? It states in panel, "Dispatch the Nanites" Why would the holodek do this if the goal was to keep him sedated? He fell to earth, and they attempted to recapture, and did. Simple as that really.

@christovgrigori: thanks for the bid

At least Jason can still survive the bridge explosion and deep space from the Jason x movie when he punched a hole thru the wall to make the chick get sucked out.

That's still impressive but not as impressive as the re-entry that just got disproved

Nothing got disproven. Its pretty clear he fell to earth and the team in space sent down a android which failed, and then stated themselves to capture him with nanite infantry which they did.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b
deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't Jason take a near orbital drop?

Nima_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted for Hellboy. Brains, an indestructible fist, experience, and decent firepower should be enough to dismiss any advantages Jason has in the physicals department. You'll need more than fancy kill feats against regular humans to convince me he's downing someone with Hellboy's background and attributes.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@christovgrigori: Look, stop derailing the thread with nonsense please. You explain your theory, and I explain why its wrong. I mean, look at what your writing. The very fact your trying to call out the authors and writers inconsistent knowledge on a movie franchise that is inconsistent in itself lol.

Here is the facts. This story takes place after the ship blows at the end of Jason X. Jason lands on earth two's version of Crystal lake for pure fan nostalgia. Kristine sends a android to catch Jason and bring him back to the ship. It fails. She then states "Send in the nanite army." It captures him fine. He then returns to her ship in lock up for tests. That is all happens.

So stop derailing the thread with your "theory" to take away feats of Jason. Unless you have a statement stating "This was all a dream or holodec" your just grasping straws to low ball with a unsupported and debunk theory.

Furthermore where is @wolfrazer and @morleericks

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@wolfrazer: well that's dispointing as a Jason fan who finnaly made it into a battle of the week. Surprised.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christovgrigori: interesting catch there. Like I said, it's a interesting theory, but we will agree to disagree. Like I said, about earth one being a mess and now not, it's all par the course of Friday the 13th franchise inconsistency.

Avatar image for emperorxhadesx420
EmperorxHadesx420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hellboy one-shots this overated horror movie chump!!!!

Sleep tight pig face!!

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumping again. Decent amount of votes, but need more discussion...