Battle Of The Week: Hercules VS Unworthy Thor

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Battle Of The Week: Hercules VS Unworthy Thor (197 votes)

Hercules 52%
Unworthy Thor 36%
Too Close To Call 13%
No Caption Provided

For this weeks battle of the week we have to Gods going head to head! We are putting Hercules against Unworthy Thor! Who will win?!? You decide!

Rules

• This is current Unworthy Thor armed with Jarnbjorn (Thor does not have Mjolnir or any variants here obviously). Hercules is armed with his Mace.
  • Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter (no prep for either side)
  • They're fighting in a generic city setting. It takes place during the day and they start roughly 100 feet apart and visible. Everything in the city (let's say the city is the size of Manhattan and surrounded by ocean) is on limits.
  • Incapacitation, knockout, BFR (battlefield removal, which means knocking someone so far away that the fight cannot continue in the very near future) or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too. "What's a tactical retreat?" It's leaving the fight with the intention of not returning to the battle in the immediate future. Going to another spot in the environment to catch your breath for a moment or two or for a tactical advantage is not a tactical retreat.
  • Treating everyone else in the debate with respect is a sign of a good debater. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. This is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging about fan fic.
  • If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs. Viner posts that stand out will be included at the end.
  • Votes last till late Friday, and the votes will be posted in the OP to see where combatants stand by Friday. Votes do not determine who wins, only who the majority at the time sides with.

Special thanks to @k4tzm4n for allowing me and other users to continue making these battle of the week threads

• 
TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Keeping and eye on this thread.

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Warlockmage

@sophia89 oh my god it happened.

ok ok ill have a post up supporting the Prince of Power ASAP

@jashro44 Sophia asked for it first ;) i merely supported the good idea

AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will go with Odinson.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

Voted too close to call. Without his weather manipulation, BFR ability, and lightspeed hammer nonsense, Thor really is not above Hercules who needs none of that extra shit to get business done.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73
deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah this seems like a draw.

MarvelBro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MarvelBro

Thor wins. ( After a good, long, hard fought battle )

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 Sophia asked for it first ;) i merely supported the good idea

My bad. I either missed his comment some how or he must of suggested it during the time I wasn't making the threads.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I think Herc is more skilled, but I am hardly knowledgeable on either person.

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hercules

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Thor eventually because he is more durable and unworthy Thor doesn't hold back at all.

Not to mention jarbjon is more advantageous than a mace because piercing deals more damage than blunt force.

AbelHsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seastone98: How ?Thor has better gear and by feats has more advantages except skill...

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Warlockmage

Hercules the Prince of Power (and The Main Man if i say so myself)

so I believe Hercules is the winner of this fight... based on having equal, if not slightly superior, physicals, and far greater showings of skill

Fighting The Thunder God

Hercules has stalemated the Thunder God 3 times

my favorite fight is this one. (Hercules goes blow for blow against Thor) it is of course interrupted by Zeus

however we've seen that in Hand to Hand combat Thor admited Hercules was superior

No Caption Provided

now this single scan is taken from like a 13 page fight where Thor and Hercules duke it out for an extended period of time (i believe @lvenger has the full fight if you'd like to see it. i only saved this scan) because its the most important scan of the fight.

Mijonir was what made Thor superior to this fight without it Hercules has a slight edge (and i can prove it)

Hercules' fights against Hulk

Hercules is one of the few people who has never outright been stomped by Savage Hulk. in both of their fights Hercules held his own weight

we see Hercules exchange blows with Hulk without a Hammer or the extra striking power his mace gives him (ill touch on that later)

this fight is interrupted by the Army and Hulk ends up jumping off, Hercules was just fine

here we see Hercules do extremely well against Hulk, better than most do. (especially at the beginning he gets off a flury of blows which i attribute to his skill)

No Caption Provided

bonus he 1 shots Ares

Thor and Hercules have equal striking power

No Caption Provided

this scan pretty sums it up, they have always been equals without weapons... but Hercules has the Adamantine Mace (its basically Adamantium)

with the Mace Hercules' striking power rivals that of Mijonir (which Thor does not have here)

No Caption Provided

as it is shown here Hercules with his mace has equal force to mijonir

Applying his Skill in battle...

you Hercules actually uses his skills in fights... watch

Hercules has this nasty habit of actually using skills in fights (basic though they might be)

Tanking Thors energy attacks

without his hammer, thor's energy attacks without Mijonir are fairly limited and certainly nothing Hercules cannot tank

Ask Firelord how well his energy attacks affected Hercules

they didnt at all

TL:DR

No Caption Provided
  1. their physicals are equal but with his mace Hercules hits harder
  2. Hercules is more skilled than Thor (barely but he displays it more)
  3. The limited energy attacks that thor can use won't affect Hercules...

without Mijonir the scales tip back to Hercules' favor

it'll be a long fight but Hercules should win more often than not (like 5.5-6/10)

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hercules

seastone98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abelhsu:

Hercules the Prince of Power (and The Main Man if i say so myself)

so I believe Hercules is the winner of this fight... based on having equal, if not slightly superior, physicals, and far greater showings of skill

Fighting The Thunder God

Hercules has stalemated the Thunder God 3 times

my favorite fight is this one. (Hercules goes blow for blow against Thor) it is of course interrupted by Zeus

however we've seen that in Hand to Hand combat Thor admited Hercules was superior

No Caption Provided

now this single scan is taken from like a 13 page fight where Thor and Hercules duke it out for an extended period of time (i believe @lvenger has the full fight if you'd like to see it. i only saved this scan) because its the most important scan of the fight.

Mijonir was what made Thor superior to this fight without it Hercules has a slight edge (and i can prove it)

Hercules' fights against Hulk

Hercules is one of the few people who has never outright been stomped by Savage Hulk. in both of their fights Hercules held his own weight

we see Hercules exchange blows with Hulk without a Hammer or the extra striking power his mace gives him (ill touch on that later)

this fight is interrupted by the Army and Hulk ends up jumping off, Hercules was just fine

here we see Hercules do extremely well against Hulk, better than most do. (especially at the beginning he gets off a flury of blows which i attribute to his skill)

No Caption Provided

bonus he 1 shots Ares

Thor and Hercules have equal striking power

No Caption Provided

this scan pretty sums it up, they have always been equals without weapons... but Hercules has the Adamantine Mace (its basically Adamantium)

with the Mace Hercules' striking power rivals that of Mijonir (which Thor does not have here)

No Caption Provided

as it is shown here Hercules with his mace has equal force to mijonir

Applying his Skill in battle...

you Hercules actually uses his skills in fights... watch

Hercules has this nasty habit of actually using skills in fights (basic though they might be)

Tanking Thors energy attacks

without his hammer, thor's energy attacks without Mijonir are fairly limited and certainly nothing Hercules cannot tank

Ask Firelord how well his energy attacks affected Hercules

they didnt at all

TL:DR

No Caption Provided
  1. their physicals are equal but with his mace Hercules hits harder
  2. Hercules is more skilled than Thor (barely but he displays it more)
  3. The limited energy attacks that thor can use won't affect Hercules...

without Mijonir the scales tip back to Hercules' favor

it'll be a long fight but Hercules should win more often than not (like 5.5-6/10)

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hercules

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89 said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:

Voted too close to call. Without his weather manipulation, BFR ability, and lightspeed hammer nonsense, Thor really is not above Hercules who needs none of that extra shit to get business done.

Thor can manipulate the weather without Mjolnir. During the Gorr arc, young Thor before wielding Mjolnir made it rain fire. During AXIS, unworthy Thor brought thunder down on worthy Loki (Don't ask).

Yet, I read material that states the Hammer grants weather abilities. Sounds inconsistent use of weather powers too if he only used them 2 times.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89 said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:
@sophia89 said:
@sirfizzwhizz said:

Thor can manipulate the weather without Mjolnir. During the Gorr arc, young Thor before wielding Mjolnir made it rain fire. During AXIS, unworthy Thor brought thunder down on worthy Loki (Don't ask).

Yet, I read material that states the Hammer grants weather abilities. Sounds inconsistent use of weather powers too if he only used them 2 times.

I went further in post 20, bringing 3 instances from one series, and one from a different series.

Retcon it is then. As read his Bio when discussing the hammer states weather powers as the many listed. Not Thor himself.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Both Bios stats he has affinity for weather. Check. However, it clearly states, (Bio 1) "Via" his hammer Thor is able to generate powerful weather and lightning attacks. States (Bio 2) that "Wielding" the hammer he does exactly the same.

So it states his real weather control comes from the hammer. At least his powerful attacks. Meanwhile he can shoot weak ass lightning from his hands. So you are correct then, but I am talking potency. Without the hammer, his weather manipulation sis stated nowhere near what we on Comicvine use as feats.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor is more then capable of winning here and it will be a tough fight. However I'm going to say herc for a 6/10 majority due to no mjolnir. Thor will get some wins due to no holding back and still being able to manipulate weather attacks but herc can give Thor with mjolnir a good fight so edge to herc

lukespeedblitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In like unworthy thor 1 he mentions how his ability to control the weather or lightning is pretty shaky at best.

samconery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By samconery

Hercules is really blessed if thor don't have his mjolnir

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really good match up for BotW.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really good match up for BotW.

isn't it? all credit goes to @sophia89 he thought of it... really hoping for some good debate (i got work tomorrow so it should give plenty of time for thor debaters to counter my post and leave me with some interesting things to discuss)

lukespeedblitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianbrony: Because they're pretty evenly matched in terms of strength and skill.

lukespeedblitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

warlock will have words with you

Avatar image for emperorxhadesx420
EmperorxHadesx420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Herc

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@asgardianbrony: so two current bios are wrong because he shot lightning before? That's funny, the official bios stated he can use lightning, but to a lesser degree than his feat with the hammer.

So....

Also why does a Uru made axe trumps the god made adamantium mace?

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This a good and close fight.

They've proven to be equally strong on 3 different occasions, about as durable, though Hercules is more skillful while Thor still has the ability to use lightning even without Mljonir.

It's a tough call really.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I'd side with Thor.

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Warlockmage

@lukespeedblitz said:

warlock will have words with you

not if he doesnt tag me... i have a feeling i know why he didnt either.

however if thats the best argument he can must, then really i wont waste my time

@ghostravage said:

I'd side with Thor.

wanna go a few rounds with me?

Avatar image for eternalgrandmaster
EternalGrandMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure Thor gets a Strentgh amp from wielding Mjolnir. & Is key to him being so mighty & unstopable conpared to other heroes.....So I'm going with Hercules for the win...He'll stomp OdinSon who has no Mjolnir to back him

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unworthy Thor has the physical strength to stalemate Female Thor, Ragdoll and hurt Beta ray bill, and beat worthy loki. Without his hammer he's been able to stalemate Hulk in a contest of strength for an hour.

When he was younger and weaker, he fought A Viking Hulk in battle where each punch was sending them to diff continents, and causing shockwaves at the bottom of the ocean, then punched the Viking straight through the earth to the other side. He also punched a zombie Viking into space in another comic. So his striking strength isn't diminished.

Not to mention that his Dark Uru Arm allows him to hit harder and block attacks from mjolnir.

His lightning is still strong, when he was captured by the Queen of angels and separated from his hammer, he summoned a storm from another dimension into the angels dimension that had no weather, on gorrs barren planet that dampens God's powers he was able to summon fire, while wrestling Hercules he summoned lightning, while fighting Loki he summoned lighting, while battling Gorr as a younggod, he summoned lightning. Thor was the god of thunder before he got mjolnir, the only reason he's having trouble with his powers in unworthy Thor is his angst and money attitude

Even If the lightning isn't strong enough to one shot, continous blasts will do damage.

Then there's also Thors Godblast that reduced Durok the destroyer to a skeleton.

Thor has a lot going for him in this.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The lightning and thunder thing could just be a metaphor but even if it wasn't, we see no effects of it, other than maybe being the reason behind the white flash, it didn't take out or have any effect on any of the Beyonders.

Janjborn is enchanted to have such an effect on Celestial armor, which is the reason it did so well against Exitar and Apocolypse and it's the reason why guys like Powerman who have nothing to do with Celestials can easily block it.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Vertigo-
No Caption Provided