Battle of the Week: Green Scar vs Superman

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

emperorthanos-  Moderator

Poll Battle of the Week: Green Scar vs Superman (151 votes)

Green Scar 36%
Superman 56%
Too close to call 7%
No Caption Provided

Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter (no prep for either side) and both characters have standard gear. 616 Green Scar, Post Crisis Superman
  • They're fighting in a generic city setting. It takes place during the day and they start roughly 100 feet apart and visible. Everything in the city (let's say the city is the size of Manhattan and surrounded by ocean) is on limits.
  • Incapacitation, knockout, BFR (battlefield removal, which means knocking someone so far away that the fight cannot continue in the very near future) or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too. "What's a tactical retreat?" It's leaving the fight with the intention of not returning to the battle in the immediate future. Going to another spot in the environment to catch your breath for a moment or two or for a tactical advantage is not a tactical retreat.
  • Treating everyone else in the debate with respect is a sign of a good debater. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. This is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging about fan fic.
  • If you think the votes aren't going how they should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs. Viner posts that stand out will be included at the end.
  • Votes do not determine who wins, only who the majority at the time sides with.

Special thanks to @k4tzm4n for allowing me and other users to continue making these battle of the week threads.

• 
Jko1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In b4 500 post.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hulk wins.

Avatar image for randybutternubs
RandyButterNubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ITouchedTheBoat

truly don't see how Hulk wins. the Stats they share are fairly close and if anything Superman is superior (by a smidge). The fighters are in character so obviously Superman is going to take a big ass beating, but just like he did against Doomsday in Rebirth; he can easily bull rush Hulk or move the fight over to his fortress and attempt to trap Hulk in the Phantom Zone.

At the end of the day even though these two are incredibly closely matched, Superman just has a better game plan

adamantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk imo.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Superman’s obviously the winner

Meibar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know what do people refer to when they say Green Scar. It's WWH?, it's the Hulk from Planet Hulk? (weakened).

Anyway, Superman takes this.

cocacolaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cocacolaman  Moderator

I’m definitely not a reliable source, but I would back the Hulk from what I’ve seen of both.

Jko1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meibar: Green Scar is just a nickname that they gave to Hulk when he was on planet Sakaar. He's literally the same as Savage Hulk.

baph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk wins.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman - fast, versatile, and especially well-equipped to beat the Hulk in pretty much any scenario with flexible win conditions.

Meibar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jko1: I know but in Saakar he was weaker so I thought that maybe people uses the nickname 'Green Scar' to refer to that weakened Hulk.

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is an insanely close fight, could go either way. Both are insanely durable, Hulk has a strength advantage, Superman has a slight striking advantage, durability is close but Hulk takes it with his healing factor.

I say Supes wins in a brutal fight.

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with Superman, their stats are close but Supes is smarter and more versatile. His other powers such as heat vision and breath attacks should also help him here when it comes to controlling the battle. It would be a good fight but I have to back the Man of Steel in the end!

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

Their physical stats are comparable but there is a disparity in speed that tilts this in Clark’s favor. That coupled with his strategic implementation of his skill during combat, he’d take the majority in a random encounter

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By Green Scar, do we count every feat from World War Hulk onward? That's pretty overpowered, I'd say.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I fail to see how speed is going to do benefit Clark in anyway here, nor his skill that he seldom uses. If anything an In-Character scenario favors Hulk over Clark.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not super familiar with Superman in particular, but from what I've seen of him and read of Green Scar, he should win albeit in a close fight. It's not Clark's raw speed that gives him such an advantage, but rather his high skill in using it and his general combat smarts. Hulk's durability, healing, and pain tolerance will certainly give Clark issues and if he can land a hit, it'll do some damage, though not take him out. Which is important. While Clark's blows will do a lot less damage to Hulk then Vice Versa, Hulk is not going to be able to dodge or avoid hits from Clark while Clark can do just that to Hulk, and pretty well at that. Clark's also got a bit more versatility with Frost Breath and heat vision, which won't do a lot more then annoying Hulk, but hey it's worth noting. Overall, I don't think that it's Clark's speed that allows him to win, but his skill in using it and his overall battle intelligence.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’d go with Superman in this one. Superman’s speed and his skills with his powers should be enough to overwhelm and defeat Hulk.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Nice battle, could go either way.

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 takenstew22  Moderator

Superman in a good fight.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
TheSpartanB345T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, Superman eventually since he will realize at some point he needs to use speed and versatility.

But close.

Avatar image for deactivated-6052e8e44cb84
deactivated-6052e8e44cb84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman probably. He's just a smart fighter who uses all of his powers very well in combat. Hulk will tag him a few times and it'll hurt like hell, but Superman will still be having him punching at air consistently.

20damon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I used to go with Superman in this battle but i am backing Hulk in a very tough fight.

The main reason is that this fight will not be short due to the durabiltiy of both combatants. Superman will land more due to his speed advantage but this Hulk is smart and will use AoE thunderclaps to counter Superman's speed advantage. The main reason this fight will start to swing in Hulk's after later after Superman having the early advantage is this Hulk's utterly insane healing factor. Hulk will land fewer punches but every punch is felt by Superman and the effects of that punch is felt the entire fight and they start ot add up after a few hits.

Hulk wins in a brutal fight because of his durability, damage soak, his insane healing factor and the fact that his thunderclaps can counter Superman's speed.

20damon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By 20damon

Just to make sure people not very knowledgable on Hulk don't take this as the truth:

@jko1 said:

@meibar: Green Scar is just a nickname that they gave to Hulk when he was on planet Sakaar. He's literally the same as Savage Hulk.

It's also a name for the incarnation that came after planet Hulk, in world War Hulk (Incarnation is often called world War Hulk as well). With a permanent amp and a new incarnation that is both smarter and angrier and stronger than any previous Hulk before him, so no, it is not just "literally the same as Savage Hulk", i'll let the handbook and Hulk himself make my point for me.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@20damon: So every feat from World War Hulk onward is applicable, correct? I'm assuming Immortal version doesn't count, since it's not exactly standard version. Does World Breaker count though? I know it's the same Hulk, but can he transform to that version at will?

20damon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By 20damon

@lan_fan said:

@20damon: So every feat from World War Hulk onward is applicable, correct? I'm assuming Immortal version doesn't count, since it's not exactly standard version. Does World Breaker count though? I know it's the same Hulk, but can he transform to that version at will?

Immortal Hulk doesn't count, no. Green Scar is not every feat since World War Hulk, no, but he does have a few appearances after WWH storyline, including stuff like stomping an amped Red Hulk that beat the pulp out of both Savage Hulk and Thor. He's quite a lot stronger than Savage Hulk.

Worldbreaker does not count, even if Worldbreaker is what happens to Green Scar when he completely lets go, it's still considered a different version for the purpose of debating.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk cracks his skull. This is nowhere near close. Superman barely beat Thor and Green Scar is massively superior to Thor. The only advantage Superman has is speed and he almost never uses it properly anyway.

skywalker95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk in a great fight.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with Superman then.

Avatar image for captainsweatpan
CaptainSweatpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been done a million times, Superman wins, only Immortal and World Breaker Hulk can beat (stomp) Superman

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk smash.

LightingJack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green Scar is one of hulks powerful versions

He is extreme durable his healing his great

But supermans speed is the only reason these fight can go either way

Jko1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@20damon: I'm no Hulk expert but thanks for the info.

SabbaVSK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green Scar almost stalemated with Sentry. Superman can pull off the win.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Superman wins. Hulk isn't tagging Superman at all unless Clark lets him, and their other stats are mostly near equal.

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman wrecks, this is like when he fights Konvikt or Doomsday except Hulk is far weaker than them. Another thing, those bricks he fights at least have a measure of super speed to keep up with him and Wonder Woman (a character who likes to blitz immediately).

Hulk is a statue in this fight. Wolverine and Spider-Man already blitzed him multiple times

Avatar image for deactivated-5edbb4007f071
deactivated-5edbb4007f071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman wins - they have comparable physicals but Clark's speed advantage is glaring and massive. He could beat Hulk to submission before Hulk could so much as lay a hand on him

Avatar image for deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63
deactivated-5f08ae8f4ed63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman wrecks, have the stats comparable to SUperman, but he is still more faster, has energy projection and smarter, and likely better striking! and no, Hulk Thunderclap will no be enough to counter Superman Speed, Hulk is still a statue at most part of the fight. Superman will see Hulk doing this very easily.

And Thor easily losing to Hulk are just outliers/PIS or whatever it's named to compound Hulk Story and Awesomeness, Hulk writers will not help him in this Forum. At reality. Superman 5.5-6/10

Eventually Superman will knock him down! even if it's for some minutes.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beating out WWH in a slug fest isn't a winning solution unless you are Thanos-level, which Superman is no where near. WWH was fighting through Zom-Strange while having massive gaping holes punched through his chest. Superman can't replicate that at all. Ultimately WWH's regeneration and getting more powerful through the fight will seal the deal. This is by no means easy, it will be very tough, but WWH takes this.

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 takenstew22  Moderator

@kevd4wg said:

@supremegeneration said:

Hulk smash.

Just like you proved he did to Thor right?

Funny, because I think Green Scar Hulk vs. Thor is a fight that could probably go either way.

olajoe1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beating out WWH in a slug fest isn't a winning solution unless you are Thanos-level, which Superman is no where near. WWH was fighting through Zom-Strange while having massive gaping holes punched through his chest. Superman can't replicate that at all. Ultimately WWH's regeneration and getting more powerful through the fight will seal the deal. This is by no means easy, it will be very tough, but WWH takes this.

Pretty sure Green scar is a significantly weakened hulk and not WWH

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 takenstew22  Moderator

@olajoe1 said:
@green_skaar said:

Pretty sure Green scar is a significantly weakened hulk and not WWH

No he isn't lol. WWH and Green Scar are the same thing.

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green Scar