BATTLE OF THE WEEK --- Erik's Battle Scenario: Capes

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Erik

This thread is the Battle of the Week for 5/19/2014 - 5/26/2014.

Mission Four

General Rules

• You will select a body, powers, abilities, and a trainer. There will be no item selection for this round.
  • You may only have one character in the round.
  • Only one person may use a specific character for a specific category. For example, if someone chooses Spider-Man for their powers, no one else may choose Spider-Man for their powers. The remaining options for Spider-Man would be body, abilities, and as a trainer. It will be a first come, first serve basis. Early birds get the worm and all that. This restriction does not apply to trainers.
  • You may choose anyone from fiction but assume I know nothing of anyone outside of American comics. You will have to educate me on the limitations of the character you want to borrow powers or abilities from. If you are vague or I feel it will break the game AT ANY POINT IN THE GAME, I will enforce Rule 0 (which means I say no and the conversation is OVER) and deny it's use so be very clear when explaining your character. Any character that would get an easy win over a Spider-Man level character is unlikely to be given approval.

Body

A body is your physical character. It’s you. It must be humanoid (can include extra limbs). It will have the strength, speed, durability, agility, senses, and physical mutations of the character chosen.

You may not have a body with:

• Physical attributes above 616 Spider-Man (10 ton strength, etc) (Pre-Other)
  • Super-speed beyond bursts (Can’t outrun any bullet)
  • Durability above Hugo Danner (bullet-proof but heavy artillery like a tank shell will cause injury)
  • Cybernetic bodies will not have access to devices such as integrated guns, any offensive tech, or self-repair. These things and others like it that were not listed are considered powers.

Examples:

• Wolverine’s bone claws, physical stats, and senses would be included (does not include healing factor)
  • Daredevil’s physical stats and enhanced senses (does not include radar sense)
  • Spider-Man’s physical stats (no wall-crawling or spider sense)

Power Set

A power set is a superhuman ability or set of abilities associated with a single individual character. Gambit's kinetic energy charging is an example of a power set. Your power must be compatible with your power. Having a Terminator body will not allow you to have Gambit’s kinetic charging (well in one case it could but if you don’t know, I ain’t tellin).

You may not use powers that include:

• Reality warping
  • Time travel
  • Probability altering (good or bad luck)
  • Illusions
  • Telepathy
  • Mind control or possession of any kind
  • Pheromones
  • Tele-dismemberment
  • Magic
  • Vampirism
  • Force fields

You may not use restricted powers above limits:

• Energy projection above Classic Cyclops (can pulverize a tank)
  • Powers that affect your opponent internally (blood bending, etc.)
  • Shapeshifting above Classic Mystique (no mass change)
  • Healing Factor above bone claw Wolverine (most fatal injuries put you in critical condition)
  • Telekinesis above 5 ton strength. Can only lift/move objects and form melee weaponry and armor.
  • Precognition above 616 Spider-Man (Pre-Other)
  • Intangibility (may only use for up to 5 seconds and must have 55 second cooldown)

Abilities

An ability set is naturally learned or trained skill or knowledge or set of skills or knowledge disciplines associated with a single individual character. Black Panther's martial arts and scientific knowledge are an example of an ability set.

You may not use abilities that allow you to:

• Somehow exceed the limitations of your physical attributes. For example, a regular human cannot perform Spider-Man's acrobatic feats as he isn't physically agile enough.
  • Training with someone of superhuman stats will not allow you to break these limitations. You cannot train at a mystical ninja school for a month and go from human level stats to superhuman.
  • Mystical abilities, chi usage, or tapping into the ‘limitless potential’ of your character is considered a power, not an ability.

Trainer

A trainer is anyone from fiction that will educate you in a field you may desire. You will only learn ONE thing from them and it must be within both the trainer’s ability to teach and your ability to learn. You may only learn at the rate your body and/or powers will allow you. Your character is YOU with powers. So if you chose an ability set that does not have remarkable intellect, your character may only learn as fast as a regular human (you).

• Your trainer may not telepathically fast-track your learning.
  • Your training is to learn only and no other purpose.

@lunacyde AKA Nomad

@sovereign91001

@lvenger AKA Night Soldier

@fetts AKA John Locke

@pr0metheus

@tex_the_slayer AKA Blood Red

@cjdavis103 AKA The Philosophical Conduit Master

@primez0ne

@thatguywithheadphones

@nighthunder

@higorm AKA Primal

@arcus

@jack_

@frozen

@beatboks1 AKA Crusader

@serrure

@one_upper AKA Iron Lotus

@funsiized

@realitywarper

@fatherchaos AKA Mortal Sword

@shadowchaos

Mission Four

Hashima Island

You have met with the other players and made your alliances. After you have finished and others have had their friendly or not so friendly talks, the massive training room grows dark and the sound of a generator dies. After a brief moment of silence in the dimly lit room, the sound of a wind up Jack-in-the-box starts to play. From the far end of the room, you see the eyes and mouth of an animatronic doll’s face light up. You are certain that there was a solid wall there just a moment ago. The cracking lights buzz and sputter as it looks right at you. You know it’s not looking in your direction, but at you specifically. It’s jaw swings open with a rusty whine and it’s head kicks to the side while it’s body spasms and shudders as it raises it’s hand to wave at you, slowly. That is the last thing you remember.

You wake up with the sound of rain filling your ears and leaves rustling in the wind. When you open your eyes, a soft, soothing light creeps into them. You sit up, rub your eyes and wonder what happened to you the night before. When you look around, you see that you are on an isolated corner of an island with nothing shielding you from the rain but a small, 10x20 foot fabric canopy, held up by six aluminum support bars. To your back is the ocean and to your front, is an abandoned city.

This is Hashima Island, Japan. Otherwise known as Battleship Island, which sits 9 miles off of the coast of Nagasaki. The hour is 16:00. The temperature is warm, there are light winds, and it is raining at a steady rate.

You look down to check yourself. You are wearing nothing but BDU pants, a leather belt, a plain white t-shirt, standard combat boots, and a laminated note inside a Velcro band around your arm. It reads:

“There are 21 other people on the island. You must kill them all to leave with your life. Escape is impossible.

This island is haunted. The ghosts will immediately kill you if you find them. They only are inside the buildings and only are in 10% of the room within every building. One might consider avoiding the buildings entirely. However, there are also very special items in the buildings. These items occupy 20% of the rooms in each building.

You will notice that you have no items. There are many items well suited to complete your objective in the center of the island and in the buildings.

Care packages may be given to you, but require sponsors to donate them. These care packages might save your life, so perform well and impress sponsors.

It is currently the month of June in Japan. This means you can expect it to be warm and raining during your stay here.

If you successfully kill everyone else, a boat will arrive to take you back to your home.”

Match Rules

This round we are going to try something new. Players that use stealth when attacking or those hunting players that are using stealth will roll when their paths crossed. The initiator for the fight will roll on whether or not they are successful in their attack. I will roll a pair of d6 dice. If a 6 or lower is rolled, the attacker will fail, receive an injury, and then it will go to a debate. If a 7-9 is rolled, the attack will succeed but there will be a cost of some kind and the debate will ensue. If a 10 or higher is rolled, the attack will be successful and the attacker will still maintain the advantage and the debate will continue from that point.

When you are in a fight with another player, you will ONLY have 3 battle posts and 1 conclusion post. Anymore than that and you risk penalization. You must tag all three judges (myself included) when you make a fighting/conclusion post, so judges know which posts are the most important. This is to reduce the 3 -5 pages of back and forth between two players that, while fun to read, was a lot of work for me. So make your limited posts count.

To save me the time of personally deciding which rooms are haunted, have items, or are empty, every time one of you enter a building, you will tell me how many rooms you check before leaving. For each room you check, you will choose a number between 1-10 for a ghost, and two numbers 1-10 for items. I will roll a die for however many rooms you check and post your results.

The game will follow a similar pace as always. However, starvation and dehydration will occur in real time. This will help cull inactive players from my game. You will lose 5% of your stats per day without food OR water until your death at 7 days. If you can prove that you do not need as much food or water as a normal human, you will have your stats reduced by 1% per day and you will die after 14 days. Food and water stat reductions stack. So after one day with no food and water, you would lose 10% of your stats in a human body. If you can support that your character has no need for food or water at all, you will not suffer this stat reduction due to inactivity.

Drinking unfiltered water carries risk. This island is abandoned and the plumbing in disrepair. Not to mention it is magically haunted. There is a 30% chance that any attempt to drink unfiltered water will result in poisoning that reduces stats by 25%. This also applies to eating uncooked animals and unwashed plants on the island. So if you choose to drink unfiltered water or eat uncooked meat, you must select 3 numbers between 1 - 10 and I will tell you if you are poisoned or not.

There are judges for this round. This is being done to lighten my workload and to simply get rid of any accusations of favoritism. The judges are:

@jedixman

@dccomicsrule2011

They may also be players in this round. In the case that a player encounters a judge, the judge may not make a ruling on their own fight. The other judges will. I of course, maintain the authority to override any ruling I disagree with.

Sponsors are spectators of this thread. Those that view the thread and favor a player may answer some trivia questions that will result in a care package being sent to the player of their choosing. Sponsors may only participate once per round and they can only choose one of the listed options. Supplies for the entire round are limited. Once items have been used up, they are gone for the round. For example, there are 5 care packages of water. If a sponsor selects one for his tribute, there will only be 4 left for future sponsors.

Looting is turned on for this round. This means you can steal gear before and after a death. You may also share your equipment but you may not give equipment away. If you discard an item, it will dissolve into nothingness.

Single items to be selected as an individual care package can be drawn from this pool:

• x1 Box of Matches
  • x5 32 oz Bottle of Water
  • x1 Thermal blanket
  • x5 Day of First Strike Rations
  • x2 Needle and Thread
  • x3 Water purifier
  • x1 Compass
  • x2 Magical salve that can restore light injuries immediately, moderate injuries within a few hours, and can reduce lethal injuries to simply cutting stats in half.

As stated before, there are special items in the game. But you must take a risk in order to get them. Since you do not know where the items are in the buildings, winning an item will be randomized.

Special items in the buildings include:

• Web shooters
  • Batman’s Utility Belt
  • Trick Arrows
  • Captain America’s Shields
  • Vibranium Suit
  • Adamantium Spear
  • Muramasa Blade
  • Glock 9mm with Carbonadium Rounds
  • Scarecrow Gas Grenades
  • UDON Taskmaster Gauntlet
  • Stealth Cloak (immune to any visual sensors)
  • Ring of Silence (no sound can be heard from the wearer unless it’s wanted)
  • Thermal Belt (immune to damage from temperature extremes and invisible to thermal imaging)
  • Bucky’s mechanical arm (will be worn as a sleeve. Does not replace your arm)

Items in the center of the arena (assume a standard sizing/materials and new items spawn when old ones are picked up, so there is enough of each for everyone):

• Straight Sword
  • Katana
  • Shield
  • Axe
  • Bow and Arrows
  • Spear
  • Bo (metal or wood)
  • Javelin
  • Throwing Knives
  • Throwing Axes
  • Stab Vest
  • Whips
  • Shredder Gauntlets
No Caption Provided
XX marks the Cornucopia, where all the regular weapons are.
XX marks the Cornucopia, where all the regular weapons are.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I might give this a try. I'll have to think about it and what character i'd want to build.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

I'm in.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

same here i will give this anouther shot

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Erik

Previous scenarios archived on page two.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: okay takeing a shot at this ( preminary not final by any means)

Powers Ultimate Doc Oc

Abilitys Mr Terrific ( new 52)

item Titian suit (titianfall)

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@erik: ok just to be clear here, I can see magic as a no no so can I use "low level" magic as an ability set. Example would be Vic Sage during the Vietch upgrade where he was made an urban shaman. This allowed illusions and deceptions, mystic senses and a couple of instances of soul battle ( still seemed to be like a "physical fight" where his soul did the physical with another soul. I never saw it applied against anyone but a mystic though and assume it was just mystic battle ( otherwise he'd have used it more)

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Erik

@cjdavis103:

• I don't know the physical capabilities of the Titan suits and some Google searching came up with few details on their specifications. So until I get information on them, the answer is no.
  • Ferrokinesis is just a subcategory of telekinesis. So I'm going to say no on that one as well.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: ok just to be clear here, I can see magic as a no no so can I use "low level" magic as an ability set. Example would be Vic Sage during the Vietch upgrade where he was made an urban shaman. This allowed illusions and deceptions, mystic senses and a couple of instances of soul battle ( still seemed to be like a "physical fight" where his soul did the physical with another soul. I never saw it applied against anyone but a mystic though and assume it was just mystic battle ( otherwise he'd have used it more)

Magic is allowed here, so long as it operates within the restrictions set. A soul battle is, for the sake of simplicity, an astral plane battle and therefore has links to telepathy as far as this battle in concerned. Mystical senses can be allowed as I basically consider it an stat-booster. So long as you remain within the restrictions, you should be fine until I feel something breaks game. If it breaks the game, even if it doesn't break any rules, I'm going to bar it.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik:

okay then let me take anouther stab at it

can you define Gilding? is it just any abilaty that extends a jump?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Erik

@cjdavis103: Things like Batman's cape or Spider-Man 2099's web-cape are barred. Batman Beyond's suit is barred as well because of it's gliding feature.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@erik:

The powerset of "The Gorgon"

The skillset of "The Killer"

The special item "The First Gun"

The trainer "The Killer"

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so would Deslins smoke dash count as glideing then?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Erik

@pr0metheus:

• The Gorgon has telepathy.
  • I'll be a monkey's uncle before I let The Killer get face time in my thread. Besides, he said his power is to kill people. You can't have two power sets.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so would Deslins smoke dash count as glideing then?

I have no idea who that is.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik:

Infamous second son

No Caption Provided

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

@pr0metheus:

• I'll be a monkey's uncle before I let The Killer get face time in my thread. Besides, he said his power is to kill people. You can't have two power sets.

So you aren't going to let me use Wesley?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cjdavis103: Yeah he is no good. He can glide and he has some kind of 'concrete telekinesis'.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

@pr0metheus:

No way.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Cjdavis103

@erik:

can i eliminate Gliding powers and have him just use smoke?

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FukYouRenchamp

@erik said:

@pr0metheus said:

@erik said:

@pr0metheus:

No way.

Why?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik:

can i eliminate Gliding powers and have him just use smoke?

I don't care for power-scaling. If someone said they wanted Superman's powers but reduced to Spider-Man/Luke Cage levels, I would say no to that as well. There are thousands of characters in fiction that easily fit within the rules.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why?

Because you can't have two powers and because I said no. The Killer's powers are too vague and besides, it easily falls under an auto-win to combat situations, which like Midnighter's battle computer, is barred.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Cjdavis103

@erik:

okay fair enough i was just think of eliminating that one i ssue but if you think it will be a problem i will drop it

Edit: it is not power lessening it is just elimination a certain distinct abilaty like takeing away spidermans webing

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cjdavis103: The rigidity of the rules will make things a lot less complicated during debates, trust me. Power scaling makes feats useless in most cases and I don't want to have to remember what partial powers someone has when reading through the debate.

VMole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By VMole

Powers: Taskmaster

Ability: Taskmaster's comprehensive martial arts and weapons training.

Item(s): Bucky's Captain America gear.

Trainer: Taskmaster (duh)

Do any these qualify? Nothing seems to break the rules as far as I know.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vmole: Everything is fine but there is literally nothing you could ever learn from Taskmaster if you already have his powers and abilities. Just to be clear, what do you mean when you say Bucky's Captain America gear?

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik:

okay one more Go

Powers Akisame (HSDK) if this includes martail arts please tell me

ability Akisame

Item: Fallout power armor (includes Pipboy IIRC)

trainer Wanderer ( fallout 3 end game )

General gear includes various medical supplys, engineering gear ,replacement parts,

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Erik

@cjdavis103: Please read the OP. It states that if you are trying to use something other than comics, you will have to be very specific as to what your powers, abilities, and special items are. I will try to get an understanding of your character on my own but you should be helping me along if it isn't comic-related. I'm heading to bed for now but I'll give you an answer on this one tomorrow morning if you explain your build choices.

VMole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By VMole

@erik: The horribly designed shiny suit that provides a degree of bulletproofing and impact resistance, the shield, and the souped up hand gun.

As far as training under Taskmaster, he can teach me how to more effectively utilize what I've learned. By his ability in terms of martial arts and weapons training, I figured that it meant that I would know how to use every single martial art and know how to use every single weapon created by man. I would however still need a teacher to give me pointers on how to more effectively use my powers and abilities in a competent manner to reach maximum performance.

If it seems redundant, I'd like to change it to T'Challa. I'm not entirely sure how Taskmaster's copycat abilities extend into anything not directly involving our innate physical abilities such as science and engineering, so I figured that Black Panther wouldn't be able to teach me anything useful on the field that Taskmaster could already cover.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

@pr0metheus said:

Why?

Because you can't have two powers and because I said no. The Killer's powers are too vague and besides, it easily falls under an auto-win to combat situations, which like Midnighter's battle computer, is barred.

It's not an autowin at all but whatever.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#32  Edited By Saren

Powers: Judomaster (Sonia Sato)

Abilities: Clayface (Karlo)

Gear: Green Arrow's trick arrows (this would include arrows he has manufactured and given to Roy and Mia)

Amidoinitwrong?

DireDrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DireDrill

@erik said:

@cjdavis103: Things like Batman's cape or Spider-Man 2099's web-cape are barred. Batman Beyond's suit is barred as well because of it's gliding feature.

This is hilarious given the name of the scenario.

Anyways, save me a spot while I think through a character.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Powerset - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Ability Set - Vic Sage (Vietch Upgrade /mystic shaman)

Special Item - Creation Blades

Trainer - Katana

Katana is obviously to train Vic in sward fighting shich he should get sufficiently good enough with in 30 days considering he's already a trained martial artist under Richard Dragon and Katana's form of Sword fighting is martial arts based.

Standard Gear

• 1 Luger pistol + three clips
  • 6 sherikans
  • 4 smoke bombs
  • 1 grapple gun
  • 3 Frag Grenades
ThexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Save me a spot. I'll have a character posted in a couple of days.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#36  Edited By Lvenger

You know, this looks like a lot of fun. And I have a character in mind. Hopefully it'll work within the rules.

Superhero Codename: Umbra (Latin for Shadow)

No Caption Provided

Power Set: Beast.

Ability Set: Captain America.

Weapon: Backbiter (Luke Castellan's sword from the Percy Jackson series)

No Caption Provided

Trainer: Batman. Most of Batman's training would focus on extra martial arts lessons and stealth training. Hopefully, my character could learn as many fighting styles from Batman as quickly as possible given Captain America's adaptability to new hand to hand combat styles. This could also be done via the CD he gave to Cass Cain to teach her the basics of 127 martial arts styles. The other most important lessons my character would be learning from Batman would be stealth training. Given that the abilities and powers I've chosen, they will be further complemented by Batman's stealth training. And using the sword won't be a problem because I have Captain America's previous weapons training to fall back on plus training from Batman if I need it. Thus I should be able to use the sword just fine.

With any leftover time, like the last 2 days or so, that'll be spent on some strategic mindsets on dealing with groups of foes as well as short training on my extra gear I can reasonably get my hands on as per OP conditions.

• 1 Grapnel Gun
  • 10 Smoke Grenades
  • 10 Flash Bang Grenades
  • 5 Concussion Grenades
  • 4 Tiger Throwing Stars
  • 5 Ninja Throwing Stars
  • Full Kevlar Body Suit
  • One First Aid Kit
  • Infra Red Goggles (Since I've just found out that Beast has night vision as part of his power set)

Let me know if this is OK.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vmole said:

@erik: The horribly designed shiny suit that provides a degree of bulletproofing and impact resistance, the shield, and the souped up hand gun.

As far as training under Taskmaster, he can teach me how to more effectively utilize what I've learned. By his ability in terms of martial arts and weapons training, I figured that it meant that I would know how to use every single martial art and know how to use every single weapon created by man. I would however still need a teacher to give me pointers on how to more effectively use my powers and abilities in a competent manner to reach maximum performance.

If it seems redundant, I'd like to change it to T'Challa. I'm not entirely sure how Taskmaster's copycat abilities extend into anything not directly involving our innate physical abilities such as science and engineering, so I figured that Black Panther wouldn't be able to teach me anything useful on the field that Taskmaster could already cover.

No, Taskmaster can't teach you anything. You literally have all his knowledge and experience when you get his abilities. Between the powers and abilities, you have literally chosen to be everything that makes up Taskmaster. If you have someone's abilities, they can teach you nothing. You can have Taskmaster as your teacher if you want, but trust me, it's a waste of 30 days. Every time he tries to teach you something, you'll be like, "Oh... I already know that".

Taskmaster, near as I can tell, can only memorize combat moves and everything else gets erased from his mind, due to the nature of his power. The only thing I can see you learning from T'Challa are his highly advanced martial arts ability.

It's not an autowin at all but whatever.

You can try someone else if you want.

@saren said:

Powers: Judomaster (Sonia Sato)

Abilities: Clayface (Karlo)

Gear: Green Arrow's trick arrows (this would include arrows he has manufactured and given to Roy and Mia)

Amidoinitwrong?

Jesus Christ, if you are playing, this is going to be awesome. Though, I'm not sure what Clayface can do, I've only seen his powers. Are you wanting his B-list acting ability?

@erik said:

This is hilarious given the name of the scenario.

Anyways, save me a spot while I think through a character.

... Haha! I can see what you mean. Oh well, at least you can have a regular cape if you want. :p

Powerset - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Ability Set - Vic Sage (Vietch Upgrade /mystic shaman)

Special Item - Creation Blades

Trainer - Katana

Katana is obviously to train Vic in sward fighting shich he should get sufficiently good enough with in 30 days considering he's already a trained martial artist under Richard Dragon and Katana's form of Sword fighting is martial arts based.

Standard Gear

• 1 Luger pistol + three clips
  • 6 sherikans
  • 4 smoke bombs
  • 1 grapple gun
  • 3 Frag Grenades
  • Buffy has very vague physicals. Superhuman stats for sure but just how strong, fast, and durable is she?
  • Everything else is fine.
@thexx said:

Save me a spot. I'll have a character posted in a couple of days.

Will do. You have a few days and even if you miss the first round, you can hop on in the next round.

@lvenger said:

You know, this looks like a lot of fun. And I have a character in mind. Hopefully it'll work within the rules.

Power Set: Beast (Hank Mccoy)

Ability Set: Captain America.

Weapon: Sun Wukong's Bo Staff from RWBY. I'm on my phone now but I'll provide a link to the weapon when I get home to see if it's within the rules.

Trainer: Batman.

Let me know if this is OK.

• Which Beast form? His powers vary by form.
  • Sun Wukong's bo from RWBY should be okay, based on what I was able to see from my research. But I need to know the power of the energy blasts.
Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik:

Is Beast's feline form OK for the rules? I think his latest mutation might be more powerful but the Feline form has more feats behind it. As for the energy blasts, they seem to be very 'small explosions' or a wide radius attack if slammed on the ground. Granted, I did find this from the RWBY wiki but that's all the source one can find on a weapon like this.

Also I've edited in some extra standard gear like a grapnel gun, shruikens, smoke grenades, flash bang and concussion grenades. I hope those changed are alright.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: That stuff seems okay to me. I just looked up one of Sun's fights on YouTube and his blast radius seems more along the lines of a flashbang. I'll allow that.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Lvenger

@erik: Thanks, ever since I watched RWBY, I always wanted a chance to use that weapon in some kind of battle.

VMole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By VMole

@erik: Well in that case, there's no real point in me getting a teacher since Taskmaster's powers and abilities will supplant any knowledge that I've gained from anyone else.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@erik: What is the legality of cloning and hypnosis?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vmole said:

@erik: Well in that case, there's no real point in me getting a teacher since Taskmaster's powers and abilities will supplant any knowledge that I've gained from anyone else.

If that were true, Taskmaster would never waste his time learning from other fighters. He pays through the nose just to get footage of Wolverine in action.

@erik: What is the legality of cloning and hypnosis?

Can you elaborate?

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#44  Edited By Sovereign91001

@erik: Sure. I was thinking of using a character named Kakashi Hatake as a base, one of his powers called 'jutsu' in the manga Naruto is that he can create clones of himself, he's tends to use them one at a time to pair attacks or misdirect opponents. So I wouldn't be able to clone spam and make a bajillion clones at one time. They can be taken out with a solid strike, so durability isn't great.

The Hypnosis isn't like mind control or anything and could be used to create illusions to disoriente the opponent.

And I guess while I'm at it, I should ask about the substitution jutsu But instead of explaining it here's a feat for it.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#45  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Power set: Archer (Valiant)

Ability set: Batman

Special weapon: Bagh-Nakh

Trainer for a period of 30 days: Eternal Warrior

Equipment:

• Crossbow
  • Sword
  • Hand Gun
  • Semi Auto Machine Gun

Can I use batarangs and high tech stuff like grapple lines as well?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001: Kakashi Hatake is a tough one to evaluate. It's very difficult to distinguish between powers and actual ability. From what I am reading on his wiki, much of what he can do is a result of that eye-thing, which means powers. Once again, if you guys want to use someone from a medium other than comics, you are going to have to assume I know nothing about the character (because I probably won't) and you'll need to be very VERY specific or I will simplify things by just saying no.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik:

forgot you did not like manga

okay then

Powers spiderman ( this includes webing agilaty right )

abilatys Spiderman

Trainer: knocking master Jirou master of the Toriko skill of knocking otherwise known as nerve striking basicly spidy will learn here how to use his spidersense to guide him into knocking techniques (which are rather simple if you have spider-mans WOS training to base it on) and basic survival tricks of the Toriko verse erasing ones pressens ( just increasing stealth has no effect in combat) ,eliminating excess movements that sort of thing both of which are rather simple and can be taught quickly

and teaching him to use

Item knocking gun Basicly an extenstion of knocking this item allows him to preform knocking at a distance ( can pirce hard hides but is designedly nonlethal)

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Power set: Archer (Valiant)

Ability set: Batman

Special weapon: Bagh-Nakh

Trainer for a period of 30 days: Eternal Warrior

Equipment:

• Crossbow
  • Sword
  • Hand Gun
  • Semi Auto Machine Gun

Can I use batarangs and high tech stuff like grapple lines as well?

Everything is good with yours. Grapple lines and shurikens are real-world items, so that's fine. If you want the shurikens styled after Batman's batarangs, that's fine with me. But I'm going to need a quantity of those and ammo (two 32 round clips for the machine gun, as an example).

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Captain America can master any weapon in moments because of his power. You can have whatever knowledge Captain America currently has with his abilities but Captain America without the super soldier serum is just a regular guy, as far as intelligence is concerned. So you won't be automatically a master with Sun's bo but because Captain America is already adept with a bo, nun-chucks, and handguns, you can assume you will be adapt as well.

@erik:

forgot you did not like manga

okay then

Powers spiderman ( this includes webing agilaty right )

abilatys Spiderman

Trainer: knocking master Jirou master of the Toriko skill of knocking otherwise known as nerve striking basicly spidy will learn here how to use his spidersense to guide him into knocking techniques (which are rather simple if you have spider-mans WOS training to base it on) and basic survival tricks of the Toriko verse erasing ones pressens ( just increasing stealth has no effect in combat) ,eliminating excess movements that sort of thing both of which are rather simple and can be taught quickly

and teaching him to use

Item knocking gun Basicly an extenstion of knocking this item allows him to preform knocking at a distance ( can pirce hard hides but is designedly nonlethal)

You can't have Spider-Man's webbing as a power because when he had webbing as a power, he was Other Spider-Man power levels. That breaks the rules. If you want to have Spider-Man's powers, they will be classic levels (10 ton strength, etc) and no webbing power. You may use his gear though and get his web shooters.

VMole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: So if I already have his powers and abilities and therefore already know what he knows, then that means that it would pretty much useless to learn from anyone else on how to fight because he would know just as much as any other Marvel's top combatants would know about all forms of unarmed and armed combat. I don't think there's much that I can glean from Wolverine that would be any better to learn than what I get from Taskmaster himself or even a comprehensive database of every single with regards to fighting, Taskmaster's just ultra obsessive over gaining new moves just so he can have them to shove into his repertoire.

Taskmaster's power ruins his memory for anything that isn't directly related to combat or survival, so apparently learning something that doesn't directly correlate with either would be practically useless, unless someone else can manage to clarify how it actually works and whether or not that would prohibit me from learning anything related to the hard and soft sciences?