• 64 results
emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

emperorthanos-  Moderator

Poll Battle of the Week: Darkseid vs Avengers (97 votes)

Darkseid 55%
Avengers 36%
Too Close to Call 9%
No Caption Provided

Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter (no prep for either side) and both characters have standard gear. Post Crisis, New 52 Darkseid. 616 Avengers, Worthy Thor, Post Sakaar Hulk, current versions for the rest.
  • They're fighting in a generic city setting. It takes place during the day and they start roughly 100 feet apart and visible. Everything in the city (let's say the city is the size of Manhattan and surrounded by ocean) is on limits.
  • Incapacitation, knockout, BFR (battlefield removal, which means knocking someone so far away that the fight cannot continue in the very near future) or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too. "What's a tactical retreat?" It's leaving the fight with the intention of not returning to the battle in the immediate future. Going to another spot in the environment to catch your breath for a moment or two or for a tactical advantage is not a tactical retreat.
  • Treating everyone else in the debate with respect is a sign of a good debater. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. This is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging about fan fic.
  • If you think the votes aren't going how they should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs. Viner posts that stand out will be included at the end.
  • Votes last till late Friday, and the votes will be posted in the OP to see where combatants stand by Friday. Votes do not determine who wins, only who the majority at the time sides with.

Special thanks to @k4tzm4n for allowing me and other users to continue making these battle of the week threads.

• 
cergic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym: Ergo, you consider it PIS every single time Superman isn't trashed by DS?

cergic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ashrym: i honestly dont know which specific issues they are in. I have seen 3 different ones where supes outpunch or greatly stagger DS (i think) that got showcased and mentioned in a CaV i read somewhat recently. They were mentioned as high end feats for Supes and MM.

I asked you because you seem knowledgeable, far more than i, about the DC totem pole regarding New Gods.

I personally think that it is absurd that Superman should be a dangerous factor for DS to consider, as i see DS as meant to be multiple notches above Herald tier

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:
@kevd4wg said:
@lvenger said:

Most of the Avengers aren't really factors so it basically comes down to Thor, Hulk and Spectrum. I don't exactly know what Darkseid can do to tag Spectrum but he should be able to overpower Thor and Hulk combined.

Why not Sersi as well?

Sersi is basically a glass cannon. She might be able to do something to Darkseid, I don't know all of her showings, but she's getting one shotted before she can do anything.

IIRC, I remember her having some crazy high end regeneration

cergic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By LeonardSnart

@ashrym: when did Darkseid deal with multiple kryptonians simultaneously?

Does he have any transmutation resistance feats? Or teleportation to resist bfr?

How does he stop Monica from entering through his eyes as light and shutting off his brain?

Darkseid absorbed Zeus' magic if I'm not mistaken, just like he absorbed the Old Gods magic, he doesn't absorb life force

Avatar image for deactivated-61215780523f9
deactivated-61215780523f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DS wins if he is being written properly.

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By LeonardSnart

@ashrym: val zod and power girl are featless, they might as well be she-hulk tier

Darkseid has been bfred twice before if I remember correctly

I'll wait for that transmutation resistance

Darkseid hasn't shown to be able to operate without a working brain, Arthur's trident wasn't fully in, all it did and all that was insinuated is that he poked his eye, not his brain, and a damaged brain isn't the same as one that doesn't work anyway

I always thought Darkseid was draining their magic since he's only been seen draining beings with magic like the Old Gods, Zeus and Diana

rabshazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid stomps. He has divine senses so spectrum ain't hiding from him. There is literally nothing he can't do. Listing everything he's capable is to long and exhausting so if anyone is curious darkseid can beat Thanos with IG. All the people who say he can't beat superman that's because the omega beams can't erase/kill someone deemed important by the Source . And later he just became able to tank them. He has also fought and taken out those who have gone intangible. Darkseid only loses because of plot/bad writing. Also all the darkseid that lose are only avatars which are weaker.

yuuki157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Lucifer10000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers