• 64 results
emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

emperorthanos-  Moderator

Poll Battle of the Week: Darkseid vs Avengers (97 votes)

Darkseid 55%
Avengers 36%
Too Close to Call 9%
No Caption Provided

Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter (no prep for either side) and both characters have standard gear. Post Crisis, New 52 Darkseid. 616 Avengers, Worthy Thor, Post Sakaar Hulk, current versions for the rest.
  • They're fighting in a generic city setting. It takes place during the day and they start roughly 100 feet apart and visible. Everything in the city (let's say the city is the size of Manhattan and surrounded by ocean) is on limits.
  • Incapacitation, knockout, BFR (battlefield removal, which means knocking someone so far away that the fight cannot continue in the very near future) or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too. "What's a tactical retreat?" It's leaving the fight with the intention of not returning to the battle in the immediate future. Going to another spot in the environment to catch your breath for a moment or two or for a tactical advantage is not a tactical retreat.
  • Treating everyone else in the debate with respect is a sign of a good debater. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. This is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging about fan fic.
  • If you think the votes aren't going how they should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs. Viner posts that stand out will be included at the end.
  • Votes last till late Friday, and the votes will be posted in the OP to see where combatants stand by Friday. Votes do not determine who wins, only who the majority at the time sides with.

Special thanks to @k4tzm4n for allowing me and other users to continue making these battle of the week threads.

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5cc66e8574839
deactivated-5cc66e8574839

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh I'm keeping my eye on this one.

XxDarknessxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless Ironman has enough prep time, Darkseid would destroy these weaklings, only Thor would put a good fight, indestructible hulk is not one of hulk’s most powerful incarnations,I could see Hercules getting some shots but he would also get destroyed eventually.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 owie  Moderator  Online

Interesting. I'm by no means a Darkseid expert so I'm saying this more as a guess than anything. I'd assume that the bricks are not going to fare well. But Monica Rambeau and Sersi might have a chance, depending on what Darkseid's defenses are. First, Rambeau might be able to fly in his eyes and attack his brain from the inside, as she wanted to do to Thanos. But I think that would be defeated one way or the other. But Sersi is a pretty powerful matter manipulator, and I am guessing that she would be able to transform him into dirt unless he is able to resist that kind of thing.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid should win.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By WollfMyth209

Half of them get one-shotted immediately. The others fall eventually to Uxas' haxx and raw power.

Avatar image for deactivated-6021b09dd509c
deactivated-6021b09dd509c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will back The Avengers in a good fight.

Co-Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Co-Boss

Alot of factors in this fight but I think most don't matter. Quicksilver will get tagged and one shotted quickly as darkseid tags speedsters regularly that are way faster than silver. Iron Man will need prep to be able to help the team here and the bricks are all out-statted. Those that are strong enough to contend physically get Omega beamed and either erased or taken down by them. Rambeau and sersi will be the MVPs for their teams but nonetheless neither have what it takes to put down darkseid. Darkseid mid-diff

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hard fight for Darksied. Omega beams have a field day with half the team, the other half gets taken out. No one here can put down a blood lusted Darkseid with these feats, he wins in a good battle.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d07416730d08
deactivated-5d07416730d08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On at least one occasion, Darkseid has shown to be able to tag Flash , so Quicksilver's speed won't be big deal. Sersi is versatile but I highly doubt that her transmutation is gonna work against Darkseid. Hercules doesn't have any TP resistance at all. He got brainwashed with some machine in Champions series. Hulk gets backhanded alongside with Hyperion. Thor alone doesn't stand any chance , not to mention his damage output is not that good against highly durable characters like Darky. Monica tries same thing she did against Thanos and gets overwhelmed with TP. Tony is nonfactor. Single Omega Beam and he's done.

Darkseid is.

Winner

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Nobody here is in his class.

Darkseid easy.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jt_gh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did Darkseid's standard form get stronger these last few runs? I mean there's at least three or four ppl on the team who can fight Superman who routinely goes up against Darkseid.

Mister_Surreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mister_Surreal

@jt_gh: Jobberseid pimp slaps Superman when he is serious.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Avengers win.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

They're took weak to actually do anything to him.

Avatar image for blackpantherisb
blackpantherisb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Darkseid steamrolls this team.

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am interested to see the case made for the Avengers.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Most of the Avengers aren't really factors so it basically comes down to Thor, Hulk and Spectrum. I don't exactly know what Darkseid can do to tag Spectrum but he should be able to overpower Thor and Hulk combined.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid.

Kevd4wg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Most of the Avengers aren't really factors so it basically comes down to Thor, Hulk and Spectrum. I don't exactly know what Darkseid can do to tag Spectrum but he should be able to overpower Thor and Hulk combined.

Why not Sersi as well?

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Bump

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kevd4wg said:
@lvenger said:

Why not Sersi as well?

Sersi is basically a glass cannon. She might be able to do something to Darkseid, I don't know all of her showings, but she's getting one shotted before she can do anything.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheKinfing

@lvenger: Darkseid Omega Beams have several confirmed light speed+ feats? Can they really not tag Spectrum?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekinfing: I know Post Crisis Darkseid has lightspeed Omega Beam feats but which ones are you referring to? Also it's Spectrum's intangibility which might prove problematic. Though Darkseid may have affected intangible beings before, in which case my point is moot.

IntoTheVoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spectrum, Thor and Hulk is all that's needed.

Avatar image for deactivated-6098713be0993
deactivated-6098713be0993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk, worthy Thor, Hyperion, Quicksilver and Hercules are the only real factors in this fight as everyone else will be one-shotted by the omega beams.

As for these guys, they might be able to take Darkseid down if they prevent him from using the omega beams continuously. If not, they lose.

TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TheKinfing

@lvenger: Well i'm not the most knowledgeable guy on Darkseid but i have seen atleast a couple of instances where his omega beams move at above light speed, the most well known example as i'm sure you know is from Final Crisis #7 where they kept up with Barry and Wally moving at superluminal speeds.

There's also the one from Superman vol. 2 #173 he fired them from Apokolipsis and they managed to reach out solar system in what appears to be seconds at worst.

On top of that even if Spectrum where to go intangible Uxas could force her to materialized again as he did against Secret during Young Justice #55.

Not to mention that they have already tag a speedster that i would wager is at least relative to Monica, Lightray.

The New Gods vol. 2 #6

Considering the fact that Lightray should have logically be moving at top speed and that he gained a confirmed light speed feat two issues later and another light speed feat five issues after that, then i believe this scaling to be valid.

Unless Monica brings more to the table i don't see her as being much of a factor, to be honest.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c60dc252a2af
deactivated-5c60dc252a2af

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid bitch slaps.

IntoTheVoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope people realize that Monica doesn't just turn intangible, she can turn completely invisible, Darkseid wouldn't even be able to see her.

I've only just begun to look into her character and i am not even kidding when i say she is as dangerous as someone like Surfer, possibly even more so and i wouldn't say this lightly.

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spectrum, Thor and Hulk is all that's needed.

A non jobbing darkseid would body thor and hulk. No idea about spectrum.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekinfing: It wasn't stated where Apokolips was in the solar system at the time so I'm not sure of the distance the Omega Beams had to travel for the Our Worlds at War instance. The other two I do recognise though and coupled with the Secret instance, that might be enough to remove Spectrum from the fight as well.

Shyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Shyan

Darkseid One-shots.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think lightray and sersis hax could cause poblems and I think hulk and Thor’s raw physicals are enough to harm him. Not sure on the outcome.

cergic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers. Superman alone rivals uxas for some reason at times. And superman gets creamed by the avengers.

Azazole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@undefined: Man... that Avengers team doesnt have enough heavy hitters to do much

That is Hickman's Avenger Hulk... who wasnt really all that powerful. Hyperion and Thor are the only ones who last long enough to matter. And i think they both fall pretty quickly.

Outside of Ironman pulling some genius tech involved plan out of his ass, none Jobbing Darkseid takes this 9/10

IntoTheVoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azazole: That's actually Indestructible Hulk who was pretty powerful, was even confirmed to be the strongest Avengers by Hickman himself.

Azazole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@intothevoid: Seriously? I thought he was the one that got punched into going back to Banner by Hyperion. Though i guess that is more a feat for Hyperion than a disservice to Hulk.

Even then Thanos seemed to be more than a match for those powerhouses (yeah he had help from the Cull Obsidian). So i just have to go for Darkseid, who (WHEN NOT JOBBING) is more powerful

Darth_Nimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wasn't Quasar an Avenger once? He would definitely be a better option than Quicksilver...

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why can't Sersi transmutate Darkseid? Will need feats, not statements

IntoTheVoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azazole said:

@intothevoid: Seriously? I thought he was the one that got punched into going back to Banner by Hyperion. Though i guess that is more a feat for Hyperion than a disservice to Hulk.

Even then Thanos seemed to be more than a match for those powerhouses (yeah he had help from the Cull Obsidian). So i just have to go for Darkseid, who (WHEN NOT JOBBING) is more powerful

No it wasn't because that, people already asked Hickman, the reason he reverted back to Banner was because Abyss lost control over him.

No Caption Provided

Hickman later was asked who was the strongest Avenger on his team and he was confused why even question when it's been well established by now that Hulk is the strongest one.

No Caption Provided

I think people still underestimate what Spectrum can do here.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid steamrolls this team.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can Darkseid's omega beams effect Monica.

Azazole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@intothevoid: thank u for the clarification man. Got a freshen up on that run, Any excuse to reread Hickman's Avengers is welcomed tho

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid can beat Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet. This is a mismatch.