Battle of the Week: Bleez vs Super Skrull

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Poll Battle of the Week: Bleez vs Super Skrull (45 votes)

Bleez 40%
Super Skrull 58%
Too close to call 2%

Battle of the Week: Bleez vs Super Skrull

Another decent tier match for you today folks. This time looking at the stars for a match up of two cosmic fighters who are never in the spotlight, but touch our hearts as fan favorites. This match today will be the Red Lantern underling Bleez vs the most powerful Skrull of them all, the original Super Skrull.

No Caption Provided

Match Rules

• Combatants are in character. Both using their powers at their best.
  • This is a random encounter (no prep for either side) and both characters have standard gear.
  • Both are current or last seen versions.
  • They're fighting in a generic city setting. They're in a 2x2 block area which is unpopulated, but everything around that section is full of civilians and both characters are aware of this. It takes place during the middle of the day, and they start roughly 2000 feet apart and visible. The entire world however is on limits. This is just where they start.
  • Both have only standard gear.
  • Incapacitation, knockout, BFR (battlefield removal, which means knocking someone so far away that the fight cannot continue in the very near future) or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too. "What's a tactical retreat?" It's leaving the fight with the intention of not returning to the battle in the immediate future. Going to another spot in the environment to catch your breath for a moment or two or for a tactical advantage is not a tactical retreat.
  • Treating everyone else in the debate with respect is a sign of a good debater. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. This is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging about fan fic.
  • If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs. Viner posts that stand out will be included at the end.
  • Votes last till late Friday, and the votes will be posted in the OP to see where combatants stand by Friday. Votes do not determine who wins, only who the majority at the time sides with.
No Caption Provided

So who wins this battle of the overpowered aliens? Will the hero of the Skrull Empire, and former member of Guardians of the Galaxy take out this high ranking Red Lantern filled with hate, and rage? You decide.

Special thanks to @k4tzm4n for allowing me and others to bring these fantastic matches back. My self, and others are working on a vote thread in general discussion to help bring more battles every week.

No Caption Provided

• 
sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@higorm Thanks for pointing that out. Fixed. Good thing it was caught early. Sucks you cannot edit polls for stupid misspelled words.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I would like to see some feats for both. However, from what I remember, Klrrt has the powers of the FF, only much more liberal in their usage, such as brain popping and the like with Susan's powers. Even outside of that, he should be able to match Bleez blow for blow from what I know. I'll do some research and get back to this.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After having checked it over, I'll go with the Super Skrull. He's just too damn versatile.

Avatar image for precrisisbardock
PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just when the Super Skrull threads died out.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jashro44

What has Bleez done?

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Floopay

This is an interesting match. We basically have rage and versatility against rage and versatility.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: joygirl has used her in a couple CAVs successfully IIRC. You may wanna Google for it.

I think SS takes this if he's on his game. Too much versatility.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can Super Skrull actually beat a red lantern? I mean he did lose to Ms. Marvel...

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Can Super Skrull actually beat a red lantern? I mean he did lose to Ms. Marvel...

That's just CIS & plot. Electro and Sandman should have torn Spiderman to pieces they don't cause reasons..but none of that would matter in the vacuum of a Battle Thread. Same thing goes for Poison Ivy failing to kill Batman.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mickey-mouse

Does anyone outside of Joygirl really give a damn about Bleez? I mean she is hot, but if even Jashro doesn't know what she can do, then I doubt the majority of the vine bothered to collect scans and actually paid attention to her in a battle feat sense.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

@somayareece: Well that might also be because Carol is pretty damn powerful...more so than Bleez.

Based on my Pre 52 Green Lantern readings and my limited readings of New 52 Red Lanterns and New Guardians I can't recall Bleez doing anything of note...which is a shame as she's always seemed pretty interesting. Unless I see some good showings for Bleez I've missed, I'll have to side Super Skrull for now.

And no, the transitive properties of what someone like Atrocitus or Guy Gardner have achieved with Red Rings do not count for Bleez...

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Bleez would win. She was tanking planet busting blasts a few years ago when the new 52 barely started.

Helicoprion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

super skrull

YIFY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By YIFY

Bleez stomps. Super Skrull was getting torn apart by Black Panther:

And I do mean "torn apart"

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

-yify

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yify: That's not even the right super skrull :/

YIFY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

Still a super Skrull though.

-yify

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yify said:
@jashro44 said:

-yify

It holds no relevance to this fight. Kl'rt is the most well trained and experienced super skrull of them all. Black Panther would need prep to beat him.

YIFY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:
@yify said:
@jashro44 said:

-yify

It holds no relevance to this fight. Kl'rt is the most well trained and experienced super skrull of them all. Black Panther would need prep to beat him.

feats for "Kl'rt" ?

-yify

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yify: I'm really not an expert on the character. He has some respect threads if you want to check those out:

https://www.reddit.com/r/respectthreads/comments/333dsl/respect_klrt_the_superskrull_marvel_616/

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

I don't know enough about Bleez to give a valid opinion but from a quick google search, Super Skrull.

Avatar image for bullet_to_the_head
Bullet_to_the_Head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz Well, this was a bomb, Predator vs TMNT got more debating

Maybe for the Next BOW You could do Deadshot vs 616 Captain America?

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TheNaughtyTitan

I know bleez is a fictional character but dear lurd baby cheesus! One of the best booty's in comics belongs to a gal with skeleton wings who vomits blood, weird.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I don't see anything impressive of Bleez that makes me think she can handle K'Lrt in a fight personally. K'Lrt has at least done decently well against Marvel's heavy hitters.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Bleez would win. She was tanking planet busting blasts a few years ago when the new 52 barely started.

Sound like PIS since Atrocitus nearly knocked her into unconsciousness on more than one occasion with his bare hands.

@lukehero said:

Does anyone outside of Joygirl really give a damn about Bleez? I mean she is hot, but if even Jashro doesn't know what she can do, then I doubt the majority of the vine bothered to collect scans and actually paid attention to her in a battle feat sense.

Probably not.

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truth_teller said:

Sound like PIS since Atrocitus nearly knocked her into unconsciousness on more than one occasion with his bare hands.

That sounds like PIS

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truth_teller: How? He manhandled J'onn, Apollo, & Midnighter, as well as busted through their ships' shields at a weakened/crazed state the same year.

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truth_teller: How? He manhandled J'onn, Apollo, & Midnighter, as well as busted through their ships' shields at a weakened/crazed state the same year.

Sure, but J'onn and Apollo were trying not to cause damage to their own ship IIRC. Bleez is no push over and IIRC Atrocitus did that to Bleez before she had drank from the magical lake of blood. We're getting off point though. Lanterns tanking planetary blasts shouldn't even be a point of contention. Its 2015, people should know by now that thats pretty standard for Lanterns.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one gives a damn about Bleez outside of Joygirl, anyone else on the vine just uses her for fap material.

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By NimaMindTricks
@nimamindtricks said:

Sure, but J'onn and Apollo were trying not to cause damage to their own ship IIRC. Bleez is no push over and IIRC Atrocitus did that to Bleez before she had drank from the magical lake of blood. We're getting off point though. Lanterns tanking planetary blasts shouldn't even be a point of contention. Its 2015, people should know by now that thats pretty standard for Lanterns.

This isn't debating a social issue so starting a point off with "Its 2015" when debating a topic like this is asinine. Anyway, no Apollo and J'onn were not pulling their punches in that fight. And besides, Atrocitus was at a weakened state and felt he was slowly dying following his encounter with Abysmus. The fact he was still able to ragdoll is huge.

I don't know where you got the idea that it is standard for any Lantern to tank planetary level attacks. Any proof of that outside of the well trained, established Lanterns with history of those kind of feats (i.e Hal, Sinestro, Kyle, etc, etc.)?

Also Bleez was knocked unconscious by attacks far below "planetary" after being christened in the blood ocean such as the blast that sent her flying when she & Rankorr both ran into Atrocitus again thinking he was still dead. That attack left her out of action, healing for what seemed like a few days. Do you have proof that the Blood Ocean even increases durability or ANY physical stats? It's more of a baptismal ceremony with occult, psychological, and spiritual aspects to it. It has nothing to do with increasing combat capabilities or physical stats.

So no. She doesn't tank planetary level attacks - at least regularly enough to not make it PIS.

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truth_teller said:
@nimamindtricks said:

This isn't debating a social issue so starting a point off with "Its 2015" when debating a topic like this is asinine. Anyway, no Apollo and J'onn were not pulling their punches in that fight. And besides, Atrocitus was at a weakened state and felt he was slowly dying following his encounter with Abysmus. The fact he was still able to ragdoll is huge.

I don't know where you got the idea that it is standard for any Lantern to tank planetary level attacks. Any proof of that outside of the well trained, established Lanterns with history of those kind of feats (i.e Hal, Sinestro, Kyle, etc, etc.)?

Also Bleez was knocked unconscious by attacks far below "planetary" after being christened in the blood ocean such as the blast that sent her flying when she & Rankorr both ran into Atrocitus again thinking he was still dead. That attack left her out of action, healing for what seemed like a few days. Do you have proof that the Blood Ocean even increases durability or ANY physical stats? It's more of a baptismal ceremony with occult, psychological, and spiritual aspects to it. It has nothing to do with increasing combat capabilities or physical stats.

So no. She doesn't tank planetary level attacks - at least regularly enough to not make it PIS.

I can start a sentence with its 2015 whenever I deem it necessary. Especially when people still dont know that Lanterns do that stuff on a regular basis.

I said "IIRC they were trying not to do damage to their own ship". I went back and looked. I was mistaken, it was their teammates trying to fix the ships damage. Good thing I said "IIRC".

Can you show me where in the comic it said that the punch was "far below planetary"?

The blood lake allows the lanterns to think clearly instead of bloodlusted, which is what my point was. So she could fight more strategically after the Lake bath.

There is zero proof that her tanking planetary blasts is PIS. All youve done is bring up 1 dubious instance of her getting beaten by a guy who beat a planetary character and another high tier character while weakened( your words) as proof that she cant take planetary attacks.

In conclusion, you have contradicted yourself as i mentioned in the last paragraph and to add to that youve only brought up one instance of her supposedly not taking planetary hits(still waiting for the scan that says it wasnt a planetary hit) in an attempt to discredit my scan of her taking a planetary blast. And well, yea, thats not how things work. you would have to show many occurences where she's failing to take planetary blasts to be able to lable my scan as PIS.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well at least there's some debating going on, even if it isn't the most constructive kind.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

@lvenger said:

Well at least there's some debating going on, even if it isn't the most constructive kind.

lol the days of old seem well behind us

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serrure: At least in this thread it seems to be the case. Even Predator vs TMNT got more traffic than this match up.

Truth_Teller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

I'd like to talk about it but not when someone wants to say that my one instance of her taking a planetary blast is PIS and wants to prove it with just one single occasion of her not taking a planetary punch. And I say that because PIS is something that doesnt normally happen. So if someone wants to claim that a scan is PIS they have to show many instances where they failed to replicate that feat and show that that isnt their regular power level. But instead this guy is saying that its PIS because of one single time. BY that logic i could turn around and say that his scan is PIS and mine is legit. See what I mean? And to make matters worse he has no proof that the punches Atrocitus hit her with werent planetary level. And then to make it even worse than that, he lists a fight where atrocitus was weak and still "rag dolled"(his words) apollo, midnighter and Martian Manhunter at the same time. So his own words benefit me in terms of atrocitus' power. It just doesnt make sense to me what that guy is trying to tell me. I think he might be rolling me .

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

@lvenger said:

@serrure: At least in this thread it seems to be the case. Even Predator vs TMNT got more traffic than this match up.

well TMNT and Predator are both more popular than the ones here.

as for this matchup i have to side with Super Skrull. the stuff hes pulled is pretty sweet. hes gone toe to toe with some high uppers and done fairly well