Battle of the week: Black Panther & Captain America vs Spider-man & Daredevil

• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jashro44  Online
No Caption Provided

Well we let you guys vote who the next opponent for black panther would be and this is the match that won a majority of the votes!

No Caption Provided

So we have Black Panther & Captain America vs Spider-Man & Daredevil!

Voting

Also a quick announcement but we will be doing voting differently from now on. Recently we have had issues with individuals rigging the polls so we are changing the format. There are 3 "experts" and they will read the debate to determine who put up a better argument and this will be the "experts" winner.

There is also the comicvine community winner which is the winner which will be determined by the majority of you. You will vote which character you want to win battle of the week. Make sure you type your vote at the bottom of your post in header 2 font. Also if you are voting make sure your argument is at least 3 sentences.

Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter (no prep for either side) and both characters have standard gear. For Black Panther that is his vibbranium suit, kimoyo, energy daggers, and anti-metal claws. Spider-man has standard assortment of web-shooters and webbing, cap has his shield, and daredevil has his billy club.
  • They're fighting in a generic city setting. It takes place during the day and they start roughly 100 feet apart and visible. Everything in the city (let's say the city is the size of Manhattan and surrounded by ocean) is on limits.
  • Incapacitation, knockout, BFR (battlefield removal, which means knocking someone so far away that the fight cannot continue in the very near future) or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too. "What's a tactical retreat?" It's leaving the fight with the intention of not returning to the battle in the immediate future. Going to another spot in the environment to catch your breath for a moment or two or for a tactical advantage is not a tactical retreat.
  • Treating everyone else in the debate with respect is a sign of a good debater. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. This is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging about fan fic.
  • If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs. Viner posts that stand out will be included at the end.
  • Votes last till late Friday, and the votes will be posted in the OP to see where combatants stand by Friday. Votes do not determine who wins, only who the majority at the time sides with.

Special thanks to @k4tzm4n for allowing me and other users to continue making these battle of the week threads

SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team Spiderman and Daredevil

Though black panther wont make it easy

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

i dont even care who wins between T'challa and Pete (Psst its Pete) but whats more important is Daredevil> Captain America and thats probably the fight that will end first (maybe)

since Black Panther has his vibranium armor here i wont say Matt could beat him, without it though Matt would be a serious threat to T'challa.

team 2 for a solid majority i think

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap & Bp should win decisively

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Solid win for Team 2.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jashro44  Online
SuperGoku17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jashro44  Online
Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: im waiting to see who wants to argue before i vote... premature voting has only bitten me in the ass.

but i am interested to hear your take on this battle since you know all 4 characters relatively well

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jashro44  Online

@jashro44: im waiting to see who wants to argue before i vote... premature voting has only bitten me in the ass.

but i am interested to hear your take on this battle since you know all 4 characters relatively well

Fair enough. As for my opinion maybe I'll state that later this week if I have time. I obviously think its a debatable fight as it was my idea.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By comic_book_fan

spiderman and dare devil

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh... This is such a close match up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what?

OT: Team 1 with Peter being the mvp. Nothing is decisive though

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didnt Spider Man recently low diff Black Panther? Like completely embarass him?

higherpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 higherpower  Moderator

Those pictures are badass.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_kingoflatveria said:
@ithemanwithoutfeari said:

what?

OT: Team 1 with Peter being the mvp. Nothing is decisive though

I disagree. Daredevil is good, but I think either BP or Cap would beat him mid difficulty.
A morals on Spider-Man struggles hard against Cap, let alone BP. Id say T'Challa would beat him 9/10.

Even if Peter wins, it would take time ... I don't see Matt lasting that long.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@decaf_wizard: I heard that. Didn’t read it myself though...

What issue does this happen in? Anyone got scans ???

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jashro44  Online

@decaf_wizard: @mickey-mouse:The fight was inconclusive. Black Panther tried to attack spider-man, but peter sensed it with spider-sense, than threw a kick which black panther tried to block but I guess couldn't, and than dodged another punch from him while catching an arrow from hawkeye:

No Caption Provided

It was spectacular spider-man 299. Spider-man definitely came out looking good granted but keep in mind we also saw black panther block a punch from Namor recently as well with his vibranium suit. So I think the durability of his suit helps out a bit.

No Caption Provided

Also keep in mind that cap is also in this fight.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a close battle, I give it to Spider-Man and Daredevil with Peter as MVP.

The way I see it, Matt and Steve are pretty much equals in battle, each one has advantages over the other and they cancel each other pretty nicely, as shown in their fight at the beginning of Waid's run a fight between them is a very close one, on the other hand, Peter vs Panther, while close, is still heavily on Spidey's side, I see him winning 7/10. T'Challa's vibranium suit will be a very big problem, but ultimately Peter is just too fast and agile for him as shown in "SSM #299", he will beat Panther before either Captain America or Daredevil beat each other, meaning they'll double-team Steve and at that point is over.

Spider-Man and Daredevil win

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 It was hardly inconclusive, he made them look like a complete clown and even threw Hawkeye mid air at Panther (who couldn't dodge him). They landed zero hits on him and he danced around Black Panther

He ran away because he had to defend a third party.

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: im sorry its hardly consistent for T'challa to tank class 100 blows especially given how inconsistent Namor has been post 2010

Namor hurts Thanos but cant even scratch T'challa... Namor struggles with Hyperion but cant even hurt T'challa. hardly consistent especially given that T'challas vibranium suit has been destroyed by allot less (Iron Fist rings a bell)

T'challas vibranium suit does help but using that Namor feat is a bit on the high end... by allot actually.

mr-luxcipher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Team 1(due to it being in character).

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jashro44  Online

@jashro44 It was hardly inconclusive, he made them look like a complete clown and even threw Hawkeye mid air at Panther (who couldn't dodge him). They landed zero hits on him and he danced around Black Panther

He ran away because he had to defend a third party.

Well that is what I meant by inconclusive. I wasn't saying the fight was even or that Peter didn't get the better of T'challa.

@jashro44: im sorry its hardly consistent for T'challa to tank class 100 blows especially given how inconsistent Namor has been post 2010

Namor hurts Thanos but cant even scratch T'challa... Namor struggles with Hyperion but cant even hurt T'challa. hardly consistent especially given that T'challas vibranium suit has been destroyed by allot less (Iron Fist rings a bell)

T'challas vibranium suit does help but using that Namor feat is a bit on the high end... by allot actually.

Well the same writer that wrote the iron fist showing also had T'challa get punched into a police car by Namor for what that is worth.

No Caption Provided

We can agree to disagree if you think its inconsistent but black panthers vibranium suit has always helped against class 100's. At least back in Priests run. Obviously T'challa isn't as durable as thanos or hyperion but I don't think he needs to take a hit from Namor. If you want me to quantify the force Namor hit T'challa (if you have an issue assuming it was a full power hit) with supposedly it was with enough force to blow up the remains of Namors air ship.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I think Team 2 definitely takes it and tbh Peter could arguably solo. If we look at Panther's showings against anyone BUT Namor, he has little to no class 100 durability feats, so I feel like his durability is being oversold by a large amount in this thread. I'm also not sure how much damage he can consistently do to Peter, if he can even keep up with his speed.

Here, we see Peter completely humiliating post KotD Panther with sheer speed, even AFTER T'Challa tried to sucker punch Peter (and hurting him through the vibranium microweave - for those who doubt Peter's ability to do damage through it):

No Caption Provided

Here's more proof of Spider-Man being able to do damage through vibranium microweave outfits, as shown in Superior Spidey's battle with Wakandan Hatut Zeraze robots:

Captain America is impressive as well, but I feel like Peter can separate him from his shield with little to no difficulty, and there goes his biggest strength. TBH Peter should be able to just web him to a wall right after that and that should completely take him out of the fight.

A bit off-topic, but something I found fun - Spider-Man has actually also taken the heart-shaped herb which gives Black Panthers their enhancements.

No Caption Provided

Team 2 Wins!

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jashro44  Online

@blackspidey2099: Regarding the Hatut Zeraz robots I don't think it was stated they wore vibranium. Also they weren't actually sent by Wakanda. It was someone taking advantage of namor and T'challa's feud at the time (never revealed who):

No Caption Provided

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man solos

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@blackspidey2099: Regarding the Hatut Zeraz robots I don't think it was stated they wore vibranium. Also they weren't actually sent by Wakanda. It was someone taking advantage of namor and T'challa's feud at the time (never revealed who):

No Caption Provided

I actually wasn't aware that the story was never resolved (I thought it was going to be resolved in a Black Panther/Namor/Avengers book) but in that case, if the villain was never revealed, there's nothing saying that it wasn't Wakanda who sent the robots (if not T'Challa, maybe like Hunter or someone else in Wakanda). Because Namor and Ock just thought it wasn't Wakanda. And I'm 90% sure that, whether they were Wakandan or not, they did have Wakandan Hatut Zeraze habits, since they had the cloaking tech and weapons that Hatut Zeraze usually seem to have.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jashro44  Online

@blackspidey2099: I don't see why we should assume namor or ock would be wrong since the ansewer was never revealed, but regardless only the black panther uses vibranium in his costume. So even if they were wakandain they wouldn't be wearing vibranium.

pastepotpete1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By pastepotpete1

this is a very fun fight to think about ..either comic versions or mcu versions.. fun fight! .. but comic versions its kind of one sided even though BP has vibranium , can teleport, superior fighting ability however spidey is just in another league.. BP had trouble with luke cage who didnt even want to fight him but i heard that black panthers strenght is over 2 tons now so maybe just maybe its not that one sided.. even if you took away spidermans spider sense i still cant see team 2 losing

spidey and DD ;make a plan they leap to the nearest building .. whisper to each other for like 50 seconds for dd to keep captain america busy long enough for spiderman to immobolize black panther ( it would take some time)

see, even if captain america is a better fighter than dare devil .. he ( cap)cant get hit dare devil wants to .. dare devil can just play with cap ( without getting seriously hurt)even though cap is more than a match for dare devil .. ( DD) he is known for being one the most elusive and best dodger -type street leveler in the marvel universe .. caps shield is powerful but its not fast .. and its accurate but not accurate like Bullseye throwing darts ,knifes, chineese stars and pencils

that is the only reason the Avengers had him on their team( even though he is kind of useless) Dare Devil only gets hit if he wants to when he wants to.. unless you are a light speeder or in the high super sonic range you arent hitting dare devil ..even super sonics have problems hitting him

sorry for the lenght of my response i just had surgery on my left hand .. oo God it feels good to have it back .. been one year now of it out of commission

spiderman and daredevil

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jashro44  Online

@pastepotpete1: Black panther was only able to teleport under Hickman. He can't do that anymore.

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@jashro44: I like the new format changes

Eliminates the possibility of confusion and gives a better result.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

@blackspidey2099: I don't see why we should assume namor or ock would be wrong since the ansewer was never revealed, but regardless only the black panther uses vibranium in his costume. So even if they were wakandain they wouldn't be wearing vibranium.

We don't have to assume they are wrong, but either way it seems quite clear to me that the robots were using Wakandan Hatut Zeraze habits and tech, literally identical to previous showings of them:

No Caption Provided

I'm also a bit skeptical regarding your claim that only T'Challa has the vibranium in his costume. Do you have any scans specifying that Hatut Zeraze uniforms do not contain vibranium?

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jashro44  Online

@blackspidey2099: Why would I need scans to confirm the dogs of war don't wear vibranium? Black Panther himself didn't start wearing vibranium until Priests run and it was only recently retconned that T'challa wore his vibranium suit before Priests run. Nothing has ever suggested the dogs of war wear vibranium.

Your asking me to prove a negative....Regardless we've seen the dogs of war get shot with bullets and they don't appear to tank them.

Comparatively this is T'challa getting shot with 316 rounds:

Do you have any proof to suggest they do? Because I've never read anything that suggests the dogs of war wear vibranium in there costume like black panther.

If you want an example of spider-man breaching vibranium mesh you should use cardiac. I personally don't think Cardiac is really comparable to black panther (black panther has better feats as iIRC Cardiac during superior spider-man said his vibranium mesh could only protect him from a few bullets...) but he actually does wear vibranium.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jashro44  Online

@jashro44: I like the new format changes

Eliminates the possibility of confusion and gives a better result.

Thank you.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#36  Edited By tensor

This is a tough match up but I think Peter can solo. His strength an Speed with his Agility and Spider Sense is above everybody here. Plus he has his web shooters which he is pretty accurate with. Too many times he has stop Cap shield easy. Plus he can stop them for a min or two to have the advantage.

Unless Team one can make short work of Daredevil so it can be a two on one they might stand a chance. Really hard to see that happening since both Daredevil an Peter have a edge one with Super Radar other with Spider Sense.

Team two biggest Draw back is if Peter jokes around that could be the downfall for this team since they are experts in war over Peter.

Peter stats is overall better but his mindset is not the same as Cap or BP one could argue.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jashro44  Online

@pastepotpete1: @tensor:Remember to follow the rules for voting. Like blackspidey2099 and thorparker82 did.

Type who you think wins in header 2 font. So I know.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By christianrapper

team 2 has this easily.

spidey out classes both of them by a wide margin.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'll back Spidey and Hornhead.

Despite the fact that everyone here outstats Matt by significant margin, he has the skill to contend with both T'Challa and Steve. Being outmatched physically can always be compensated with being skilled and fast, thankfully Matt is both. I do believe that he can hold his own against Cap (Or arguably beat him for that matter) whilst Peter takes down T'Challa, although T'Challa won't make it easy.

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By cpt_nice

Spidey is the best one here and he could probably defeat BP or Cap before DD loses to either. I have seen cases being made for Matt winning against Cap as well, although I doubt that myself. He definitely lacks the strength or durability to lack with either, but his agility and senses will let him stall very easily, which is what Peter needs to finish things up with his opponent

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Well, thanks for providing those scans either way. I was always under the impression that they wore identical habits to T'Challa but in white, though I can't recall why/where exactly I got that from. I checked the wiki and although that says they do wear vibranium it also doesn't have any citations, so I guess you're right.

I also agree that Cardiac's costume isn't consistently as good as T'Challa's. Though I do feel people are over-selling T'Challa's vibranium armor a bit, since it doesn't usually perform at Namor levels with anyone else.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jashro44  Online

@blackspidey2099: No problem.

I'll back Spidey and Hornhead.

Despite the fact that everyone here outstats Matt by significant margin, he has the skill to contend with both T'Challa and Steve. Being outmatched physically can always be compensated with being skilled and fast, thankfully Matt is both. I do believe that he can hold his own against Cap (Or arguably beat him for that matter) whilst Peter takes down T'Challa, although T'Challa won't make it easy.

Make sure to put header 2 font in your post so I can notice it easier. It helps a lot with the count.

king_majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My vote goes to Captain America and Black Panther...

Both Steve and T'Challa would be on a mission, and they'd treat it as such. And when they're on a mission, there is little that will stop them... and if they were stopped, something amazing and out of their control must have happened. They have the skills, abilities, and tech to shove a spear up Rhino's rectum. I mean, that's how I treat them, at least. As for Peter and Matt, they have a ways to go before they reach Steve and T'Challa's level, but that isn't saying much. Though I believe Peter's superior physicals and Matt's superior senses might play detrimental to Team 1 in the short run, I wouldn't bet my poop-stained undies that they'd come out victorious against Steve's superior combat awareness and military tactics alongside T'Challa's superior technologies and royal badassery. In other words, I technically made no sense in this post and was just typing out random yadda-yadda.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both Steve and T'Challa would be on a mission, and they'd treat it as such. And when they're on a mission, there is little that will stop them... and if they were stopped, something amazing and out of their control must have happened. They have the skills, abilities, and tech to shove a spear up Rhino's rectum. I mean, that's how I treat them, at least. As for Peter and Matt, they have a ways to go before they reach Steve and T'Challa's level, but that isn't saying much. Though I believe Peter's superior physicals and Matt's superior senses might play detrimental to Team 1 in the short run, I wouldn't bet my poop-stained undies that they'd come out victorious against Steve's superior combat awareness and military tactics alongside T'Challa's superior technologies and royal badassery. In other words, I technically made no sense in this post and was just typing out random yadda-yadda.

While it is true that Team 1 would take it a lot more seriously, I really feel you are underestimating Peter's webbing, which T'Challa doesn't have any counter to and could easily be incapacitated and which can disarm Cap of his greatest weapon.

king_majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_majestros said:

While it is true that Team 1 would take it a lot more seriously, I really feel you are underestimating Peter's webbing, which T'Challa doesn't have any counter to and could easily be incapacitated and which can disarm Cap of his greatest weapon.

Nah. I'm pretty sure T'Challa has gear that can hack through Peter's webbing -- Vibranium claws comes to mind. It's not impossible to cut, you know. Besides, Steve doesn't solely rely on his Shield to beat his opponents... he's fast enough to evade the webbing if need be.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 anthp2000  Moderator

As much of a physical beast as Black Panther, so is Peter, and to an even greater extent along with great ranged capacbililities.

Daredevil has already went toe to toe with Captain America, but if they were to go at it in a more serious manner, I'd say the former is more dangerous.

Team 2 wins.

Avatar image for deactivated-61a1b6940ec47
deactivated-61a1b6940ec47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really wanna see what makes everyone think cap doesn't destroy Matt

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099 said:
@king_majestros said:

Nah. I'm pretty sure T'Challa has gear that can hack through Peter's webbing -- Vibranium claws comes to mind. It's not impossible to cut, you know. Besides, Steve doesn't solely rely on his Shield to beat his opponents... he's fast enough to evade the webbing if need be.

IIRC his claws are made of anti-metal/antarctic vibranium, not actual Wakandan vibranium. Do you have any feats for anti-metal being stronger than webbing (which is over twice as strong as steel)? Webbing is not metallic so it won't be melted by the anti-metal. And Spider-Man can always web him up in a way that he can't cut the webs (last panels of both pages shown below):

Sure, Steve doesn't solely rely on the shield to beat most of his villains, but Peter could probably defeat ALL his villains at the same time. Without the shield, there's nothing stopping Peter from literally one-shotting Cap.

Amendment50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Solid win for team 2. Black Panther and Cap are both superior to Daredevil, but he is more than skilled enough to hang with either for some time. Meanwhile Spider-Man is top of the heap in terms of competitors here. Daredevil can hang on long enough for Spidey to dispatch one opponent, then the two can gang up on the other.