Battle Of The Week: Batman VS Deadpool

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By jashro44

Poll Battle Of The Week: Batman VS Deadpool (139 votes)

Batman 52%
Deadpool 44%
To Close To Call 4%
No Caption Provided

For this week's battle of the week in honor of the deadpool movie which came out recently, and the batman vs superman trailer we are putting Batman and Deadpool against each other. Who will come out on top between these two fan favourites? The Dark Knight or The Merc With The Mouth? You decide!

Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter (no prep for either side) and both characters have standard gear.
  • They're fighting in a generic city setting. It takes place during the day and they start roughly 150 feet apart and visible. Everything in the city (let's say the city is the size of Manhattan and surrounded by ocean) is on limits.
  • Incapacitation, knockout, BFR (battlefield removal, which means knocking someone so far away that the fight cannot continue in the very near future) or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too. "What's a tactical retreat?" It's leaving the fight with the intention of not returning to the battle in the immediate future. Going to another spot in the environment to catch your breath for a moment or two or for a tactical advantage is not a tactical retreat.
  • Treating everyone else in the debate with respect is a sign of a good debater. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. This is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging about fan fic.
  • If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs. Viner posts that stand out will be included at the end.
  • Votes last till late Friday, and the votes will be posted in the OP to see where combatants stand by Friday. Votes do not determine who wins, only who the majority at the time sides with.

Special thanks to @k4tzm4n for allowing me and other users to continue making these battle of the week threads

• 
ComiKing24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wade takes this, fought against guys with comparable skills and have a physical edge. Deadpool also carry literally every weapon that he ever had win a magic satchel. Gas wouldn't work on him and piercing/cutting weaponry wouldn't drop him and, besides the batkicks, those are the go to moves for Bruce, while Wade, in character, would go straight for the kill and surprised even extremely skilled combatants (Batman would win easily in h2h though, but Wade's deadly weaponry would make up for that, his explosives would eventually corner Bruce).

Don't forget about Bruce's equipment. Read my scenario and it will show some uses of his equipment

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wade

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Without prep, Bruce doesn't have what he needs to bring down Wade. Wade is unpredictable, which makes Bruce's experience and even Martial Arts skills all but useless. Even if Bruce is the better fighter, he can't predict what Wade will do. And given Wade is basically unkillable with massive regen, Bruce's primarily non-lethal tools won't do more than irritate him.

Plus Wade still has teleporting from the comics and can basically out trick anyone if the situation calls for it. Or if he feels like doing something like that. I feel in this instance, Death Battle did do justice for Wade in their match with Deathstroke. Even if Wade wasn't the better fighter, his indestructibility, unpredictable nature and 4th wall tampering basically puts the win right in his pocket.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#54  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@reikai: Just fyi, Deadpool doesn't use teleportation like Nightcrawler would. When Deadpool had his teleporting device (or due to the merging in Cable & Deadpool), it was used for transportation, not combat.

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman....

Too smart... Too skilled... Has superior gear...

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By DarthAznable

@reikai: His unpredictability only really messes with Taskmaster. Batman is far smarter and has better tactics. He cqn and will adapt. Deadpool's signature yammering won't bother him either. He's used to working with Nightwing who uses the same tactic....but Deadpool doesnt know anything about Batman so he cant use much. Deadpool can still be incapped via KOed, getting tied up, etc. Deadpool has only uses teleportation once or twice in a fight from what I've read.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: Being used to Dick/Tim isn't the same as even being in the same vicinity as Deadpool. Wade has also fought those like Bats before, only with fewer morals and more willingness to kill. Wade is much more difficult to bring down.

Bruce can be Ko'd, and more importantly, can be killed. Bruce really can't compete with Wade. You have someone who relies too much on logic against someone to whom logic is not even a concept.

No Caption Provided

Deadpool is too much for the Dark Knight.

rickythanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadpool wins.

Batman is assuredly the best fighter of the two, but DP talks a LOT of smack during fights, and previous bouts with the Joker (who is FAR belwo either man in the fighting ability category) have shown Bruce to be vulnerable to smack-talking in-fight. Batman HAS buttons, and DP will know how to find them, and press.

Deadpool's Magic Satchel has proven itself to be every bit as versatile with gadgets and doo-dads as Batmans utility belt, maybe more.

None of Bat's in-character regular items has an answer to Wilsons staggering durability.

If Deadpool has his teleporter, this becomes a bit of spite.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edaa8b959055
deactivated-5edaa8b959055

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We've seen Batman fight enemies who are similar to Deadpool in the Talons. They were fairly skilled and could heal. While Deadpool is more skilled and has a better healing factor, the fact remains that Batman was able to take them down. He will be able to figure out that Deadpool can heal fairly quickly, and will adjust accordingly. Batman is one of the masters of changing strategy on the fly. He's got this.

rickythanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We've seen Batman fight enemies who are similar to Deadpool in the Talons. They were fairly skilled and could heal. While Deadpool is more skilled and has a better healing factor, the fact remains that Batman was able to take them down. He will be able to figure out that Deadpool can heal fairly quickly, and will adjust accordingly. Batman is one of the masters of changing strategy on the fly. He's got this.

Deadpool pulls large bombs, even nukes, out of his magic satchel. Batman IS the master of mid-fight strategy, but how do you prep for/engage the magic satchel?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edaa8b959055
deactivated-5edaa8b959055

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_real_seaman said:

Deadpool pulls large bombs, even nukes, out of his magic satchel. Batman IS the master of mid-fight strategy, but how do you prep for/engage the magic satchel?

Does Deadpool do that immediately as soon as a battle starts?

depinhom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

Deadpool

Avatar image for royrodgersmcfreely
RoyRodgersMcFreely

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has Deadpool ever been KOed

Helicoprion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

deadpool

Avatar image for elijah_c_washington
Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for royrodgersmcfreely
RoyRodgersMcFreely

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kitsune_Kusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

:

@jashro44 said:
@decaf_wizard said:

Also @jashro44, do you know if Deadpool still has or uses his teleporter? It could be a big factor, but I hardly ever see him use it anymore, so im not sure if it could be considered standard gear

Deadpool only had a teleporter in cable & deadpool as far as I know. There was a brief moment in deadpool volume one but I think there is context. But anyways in cable and deadpool Wade couldn't use his teleporter in the same way nightcrawler could and he never did. I don't think he can teleport anymore.

to my knowledge DP never used his teleporter during combat anyway....except depicted in games...

also I kno a ton of Batman fans will hate me for this....but Bats often has a hard time with unpredictable characters like Joker and Red Hood...and can't match deathstroke in CQC b/c of his superhuman stats....DP has the unpredictability of the Joker, the lack of moral compass of Red Hood, and the stats and fighting skills of Deathstroke...and he's harder to put down than all three of them...DP is literally a walking nightmare for Batman. This battle also takes place in the daytime which presents another handicap for batman and the opponent already has visibility which takes away from the element of surprise. All this added to the fact that Batman knows nothing of his opponent which is often a great asset for him. Whereas DP has no qualms jumping into a random encounter w/ no prior knowledge. As far as experience goes I beg to differ. Bruce Wayne became batman at age 25 and is now around 40-45. Roughly 15-20 years of experience...and I also believe he spent some time on hiatus. Wade became Deadpool around 25 and is now around 50, roughly 20-25 years of experience. And there's no level of opponent Batman has faced that Deadpool hasn't to suggest Batman has more experience battling higher tier foes. Batman has an edge in H2H skill, but DP has the overall in CQC skill. This battle is very slanted in Deadpool's favor and I see him taking this 8/10

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#69  Edited By AllStarSuperman

This is a good fight, but Batman does eventually win. We can all agree that he has more and better skill feats. Deadpool may go for the kill, but that's nothing new for Bruce. Bruce's stealth will allow him to get the drop on Wade. Between being the first to attack and Deadpool not taking the fight seriously at the start, Bruce will realize Deadpool is enhanced and has a healing factor. Then he'll start using much more lethal moves, but as he does Wade will get serious. Here's where the fight really starts, Batman can dodge Wade's gun fire for a long time, he's dodged superior and Wade hasn't ever tagged anyone notable with his guns. In melee, Batman has countered and even beaten superior sword users then Wade, Ra's and Deathstroke being the primary example. Deadpools healing is always gonna bring him back, but it's not always fast enough to keep him in a fight. Batman has ways around it, various gases, explosives, and batarang lines which could tie Wade up. Daredevil recently pulled of the last on Wade. People like to talk up Wades "unpredictablity/wisecracks" but that's nothing new for Bruce either. If Bruce can take down Joker, who's actually so smart he only appears insane, then I have a hard time believing Deadpool is too much for Bruce. Jason's "wisecracks" were only effective on Bruce because he knew him personally. Wade doesn't have that going for him. Still, this will be a good fight, but in a random encounter, I see Bruce taking a 7/10 pretty decisively.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ill be on this later tonight, be ready for the scan drops

VashtaNerada88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

personally i feel it will be too late for batman before he realizes the lengths to which he must go to beat DP. The rounds batman does win will leave him with some nasty wounds too; but i don't see batman taking the majority in a random encounter...let alone the fact this is smack in the middle of a large city during the day, in-sight of one another.

DP ftw

Avatar image for elijah_c_washington
Elijah_C_Washington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To me, it seems Deadpool's core advantages are physical superiority, healing/durability/pain tolerance, and unpredictability. Not to undermine the importance of those factors, but I think Batman takes a clear advantage in pretty much every other category.

Deadpool is physically superior to Bruce, but in some categories (particularly speed) the difference is minimal, and Batman has a decent track record against physically superior foes. In Detective Comics 700-something, Batman actually defeats Deathstroke (who was amnesiac but had retained his skill), and Slade is fairly comparable to Wade in all relevant physical categories. Granted, Bruce was bested several times before he utilized stealth to take the advantage, but that same strategy is applicable against Wade as well, and I'd argue Deathstroke is a greater threat than Wade to begin with.

Deadpool is certainly a match for Bruce, but his showings against comparably skilled fighters (Daredevil, Moon Knight, etc) have been somewhat underwhelming, meanwhile Bruce seems to bring his best against physically superior enemies. It seems pure technical skill is a good counter to Wade's abilities consistently, and that fact alone is a huge advantage for Batman. It'll take Bruce some time, but once he realizes Wade can heal from lethal wounds (something Wade is liable to shout out mid fight) I think Bruce would take the fight 6-7 times out of 10.

DCfan2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By DCfan2015

Man what a joy reading this topic

well done,OP. i loved reading all the comments

Now i already agree with user here on why Batman would always win against Deadpool with/without prep...but i will give my opinion any way....This will be a tough fight but i think Batman take it 8/10...Why?!

The skills,experience,Tech,Incredible mind,mid-fight strategy etc all are in favor of Batman with Deadpool is more powerful of course but not by much since we are talking about a man who can lift over 1000lbs and peak human to the point that many think he's superhuman already

I think deadpool will take batman lightly and think of him as "freak who dress like a bat to scare people" we heard that line in comics,movies,games only for those people to take a beat down to the point where Batman let them live but break most of their bones out of spite...which wil be the first mistake Deadpool make

the 2nd mistake ..Deadpool will go for H2H which he will lose because Batman is more skilled and then he will try to use his swords which Batman will easily counter with his guntlents and end up taking his swords away and later he will go for gunfire which Batman armor will block them plus his cape will block the shots and then Batman will disable his guns or through one of his toys at deadpool to disarm him

3rd mistake is deadpool will hurt him self in the fight and Batman will notice that he can heal or point out to Batman that he can't die by even shooting himself in the head to prove it and Batman would notice it during the fight or like i said Deadpool save him time and point it already which make Batman try one of his lethal toys to knock out deadpool or atleast incap him.

4th is Deadpool will try to use his gadgets against Batman which will do him no good when Batman (with no prep) already have crap ton of gadgets in his pelt.

5th mistake is that deadpool talk too damn much which like another user here point out with the scan that Batman will take advantage of that

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there is no way the bats has any advantage over wade in h2h. wade has trained as a mercenary and he has better stats. there is no way for batman to beat wade.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a little surprised by the results. I remember a time where Deadpool would have easily taken the victory based on majority votes. Looks like its done a complete 180.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: Well, there's still a few days left before voting is closed. Maybe the results will change by then.

Avatar image for rocketraccoonthingy
rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 8

I voted for Wade (sorry bats). He'll keep coming back until he gets you.

wareharris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can think of advantages. H2H, skill, equipment versatility, intelligence and experience.

I can't see DP taking out Batman, and his only advantage is his healing factor. Batman has experience, skill, fighting prowess, equipment, and brains.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You guys have one more day to argue this!