• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 3 years, 1 month ago

Poll: Battle Of The Week: Batman VS Deadpool (132 votes)

Batman 52%
Deadpool 44%
To Close To Call 3%
No Caption Provided

For this week's battle of the week in honor of the deadpool movie which came out recently, and the batman vs superman trailer we are putting Batman and Deadpool against each other. Who will come out on top between these two fan favourites? The Dark Knight or The Merc With The Mouth? You decide!

Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter (no prep for either side) and both characters have standard gear.
  • They're fighting in a generic city setting. It takes place during the day and they start roughly 150 feet apart and visible. Everything in the city (let's say the city is the size of Manhattan and surrounded by ocean) is on limits.
  • Incapacitation, knockout, BFR (battlefield removal, which means knocking someone so far away that the fight cannot continue in the very near future) or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too. "What's a tactical retreat?" It's leaving the fight with the intention of not returning to the battle in the immediate future. Going to another spot in the environment to catch your breath for a moment or two or for a tactical advantage is not a tactical retreat.
  • Treating everyone else in the debate with respect is a sign of a good debater. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. This is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging about fan fic.
  • If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs. Viner posts that stand out will be included at the end.
  • Votes last till late Friday, and the votes will be posted in the OP to see where combatants stand by Friday. Votes do not determine who wins, only who the majority at the time sides with.

Special thanks to @k4tzm4n for allowing me and other users to continue making these battle of the week threads

#1 Posted by jashro44 (52093 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for bullet_to_the_head
#2 Edited by Bullet_to_the_Head (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Still Waiting for Deadshot vs Bullseye xD

#3 Posted by jashro44 (52093 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Still Waiting for Deadshot vs Bullseye xD

Maybe when the suicide squad movie comes out....Or maybe sooner who knows.

#4 Posted by Geca (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Chimeroid here. Main account still inaccessible

This fight is actually a tough one, Deadpool has enough raw stats and skill to put up quite a beating on Batman, we know firearms are ineffective against Bruce but DP has some wicked katana moves, that being said i am still going with the Big Bad Bat here. His gear gives him a lot of ways to "neutralize" Wayde either by tying him up or even by blowing him up if he deduces that DP is immortal indeed.

#5 Posted by iSoupreme (428 posts) - - Show Bio

I can see no honest way for Batman to take out DP.

#6 Edited by Owie (7172 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like I can go for Batman with a reasonable majority without too much concern. In pure H2H with no other factors, Batman is probably coming out on top. Deadpool is highly skilled, and has fought well against other highly skilled opponents, but he's also been beaten by Moon Knight. In terms of tactical smarts--and given the 150' starting distance, tactics are going to play a big role--Batman is the clear choice. In terms of gear, Deadpool usually has lots of stuff, from bladed weapons to guns to explosives, but that's nothing that Batman hasn't faced before, and Batman is packing all kinds of stuff from sonics to gas to freeze pellets that can work on Deadpool. And finally, there is the question of Deadpool's healing factor. Batman is one of those guys who is in a perfect position to deal with that, since incapacitation is one of the possible win conditions. All he has to do is tie him up after temporarily taking him down with one of the non-lethal weapons above.

Don't get me wrong, Deadpool will give him a great fight, and could win some, but Deadpool doesn't have the kinds of skills or tactics that a real Batman contender like, say, Deathstroke, has. Batman will take the majority.

EDIT: The one place where Deadpool has the advantage is physical stats. But I don't think that's enough to tip the balance when the other factors, particularly gear and tactics, are taken into account.

#7 Edited by decaf_wizard (16837 posts) - - Show Bio

This one is tough, but in a random encounter I have to go with Deadpool. Not having prior knowledge is a major hinderance to Batman here, especially with his morals

Deadpool has enough stats to overwhelm Batman in a raw physical fight and is not only very skilled , but extremely unpredictable, which I think works to his advantage here. Bats in character will not use fatal force (like explosions or other attacks fatal to normal humans) on Wade until he realises that he probably wont be able to incapacitate him unless he does and Deadpool will have no such hesitation. I dont think poison, drus or sleep gas will work on Deadpool because of his healing factor

Also @jashro44, do you know if Deadpool still has or uses his teleporter? It could be a big factor, but I hardly ever see him use it anymore, so im not sure if it could be considered standard gear

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
#8 Posted by linsanel_Doctor (8630 posts) - - Show Bio

I can see no honest way for Batman to take out DP.

lol

Avatar image for joey_destroyer_of_worlds
#9 Posted by Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds (3392 posts) - - Show Bio

As a Batman fan, I want him to win. I want the Bat to curbstomp Wade, to break DP's jaw every time he makes a joke.

But that's just not happening. Wade wins, 8/10

#10 Posted by jashro44 (52093 posts) - - Show Bio

Also @jashro44, do you know if Deadpool still has or uses his teleporter? It could be a big factor, but I hardly ever see him use it anymore, so im not sure if it could be considered standard gear

Deadpool only had a teleporter in cable & deadpool as far as I know. There was a brief moment in deadpool volume one but I think there is context. But anyways in cable and deadpool Wade couldn't use his teleporter in the same way nightcrawler could and he never did. I don't think he can teleport anymore.

#11 Posted by DCfan2015 (414 posts) - - Show Bio
@owie said:

I feel like I can go for Batman with a reasonable majority without too much concern. In pure H2H with no other factors, Batman is probably coming out on top. Deadpool is highly skilled, and has fought well against other highly skilled opponents, but he's also been beaten by Moon Knight. In terms of tactical smarts--and given the 150' starting distance, tactics are going to play a big role--Batman is the clear choice. In terms of gear, Deadpool usually has lots of stuff, from bladed weapons to guns to explosives, but that's nothing that Batman hasn't faced before, and Batman is packing all kinds of stuff from sonics to gas to freeze pellets that can work on Deadpool. And finally, there is the question of Deadpool's healing factor. Batman is one of those guys who is in a perfect position to deal with that, since incapacitation is one of the possible win conditions. All he has to do is tie him up after temporarily taking him down with one of the non-lethal weapons above.

Don't get me wrong, Deadpool will give him a great fight, and could win some, but Deadpool doesn't have the kinds of skills or tactics that a real Batman contender like, say, Deathstroke, has. Batman will take the majority.

This.

#12 Posted by Jacthripper (14899 posts) - - Show Bio

To keep it quick and to the point, I think Deadpool should win. Why? Knowledge. Batman has fought characters similar to Deadpool in durability and regeneration and beaten them, however, he goes into those fights knowing exactly what they're capable of, and how to best deal with them. In this situation, a random encounter, he has no idea what he's up against, and he'll likely determine that the Merc with the Mouth is just that. The issue for Batman is that he will perform non-lethal actions (at least to normal humans) so what he may expect to KO Deadpool if he was a regular guy won't here. I'd see Bruce kicking the mud out of Wade, and when he thinks that it's over, Wade stabbing or shooting him, because that's exactly what he would do. Batman has struggled with and loss to less than Deadpool in unexpected encounters, it's just the way his character is written. He might lose once, but after that he won't again. Here, if you take it as a random, Wade is simply going to win most scenarios. If Wayne knows what Deadpool is capable of, I'd give him the win more often than not, but without explicit knowledge of Wade's abilities, he's going to struggle and ultimately lose.

Disclaimer: I have not seen the Deadpool film, and probably won't fountil it's on DVD. I'm not bandwagon ing on this.

#13 Posted by EmperorThanos- (16056 posts) - - Show Bio

To keep it quick and to the point, I think Deadpool should win. Why? Knowledge. Batman has fought characters similar to Deadpool in durability and regeneration and beaten them, however, he goes into those fights knowing exactly what they're capable of, and how to best deal with them. In this situation, a random encounter, he has no idea what he's up against, and he'll likely determine that the Merc with the Mouth is just that. The issue for Batman is that he will perform non-lethal actions (at least to normal humans) so what he may expect to KO Deadpool if he was a regular guy won't here. I'd see Bruce kicking the mud out of Wade, and when he thinks that it's over, Wade stabbing or shooting him, because that's exactly what he would do. Batman has struggled with and loss to less than Deadpool in unexpected encounters, it's just the way his character is written. He might lose once, but after that he won't again. Here, if you take it as a random, Wade is simply going to win most scenarios. If Wayne knows what Deadpool is capable of, I'd give him the win more often than not, but without explicit knowledge of Wade's abilities, he's going to struggle and ultimately lose.

Disclaimer: I have not seen the Deadpool film, and probably won't fountil it's on DVD. I'm not bandwagon ing on this.

this

#14 Posted by cadencev2 (696 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool.

IMO the hardcore morals Batman has is a major hindrance, meanwhile Wade will stab Batman to death.

Not a impossible match for Batman, but in a random fight Wade has the major edge.

Avatar image for col_facepuncher
#15 Posted by Col_FacePuncher (281 posts) - - Show Bio

@owie said:

Don't get me wrong, Deadpool will give him a great fight, and could win some, but Deadpool doesn't have the kinds of skills or stats that a real Batman contender like, say, Deathstroke, has. Batman will take the majority.

Losing to Moon Knight sounds a little suspect, considering that he's gone toe to toe with the likes of Captain America, Wolverine and Taskmaster.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
#16 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (7308 posts) - - Show Bio

As far as a random encounter with no prep..........still feel that Bruce takes a majority of a win. The reason I state that is two fold: 1) Bruce's deduction skills. He will quickly realize that Wade has a healing factor and that he is insane. Due to this Bruce will realize that he needs to quickly pull out some means to end the fight before he is fatally wounded. And then 2.) Batman's standard gear. Which is substantial. I feel that he will pull something from his arsenal that will put Wade down for a KO, such as knockout gas or something similar.

SO in conclusion I give the slight edge to Batman 6/10.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
#17 Posted by AllStarSuperman (43019 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

#18 Posted by oldwasher (1735 posts) - - Show Bio

wow. glad to see this come back (kinda) also didn't know Jashro was a mod now. But anyways I have to go with batman for this fight for the same reasons stated here

As far as a random encounter with no prep..........still feel that Bruce takes a majority of a win. The reason I state that is two fold: 1) Bruce's deduction skills. He will quickly realize that Wade has a healing factor and that he is insane. Due to this Bruce will realize that he needs to quickly pull out some means to end the fight before he is fatally wounded. And then 2.) Batman's standard gear. Which is substantial. I feel that he will pull something from his arsenal that will put Wade down for a KO, such as knockout gas or something similar.

SO in conclusion I give the slight edge to Batman 6/10.

Avatar image for elijah_c_washington
#19 Edited by Elijah_C_Washington (4618 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman. Why? Because he's Batman, goddammit. I could give a more detailed analysis of the fight, but I don't think that's necessary.

#20 Posted by DarthAznable (16928 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like Bruce should take the slight majority. When he realizes Wade has a HF/can't die, he won't hold back.

#21 Edited by Hiddenlight (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

Wade takes this, fought against guys with comparable skills and have a physical edge. Deadpool also carry literally every weapon that he ever had win a magic satchel. Gas wouldn't work on him and piercing/cutting weaponry wouldn't drop him and, besides the batkicks, those are the go to moves for Bruce, while Wade, in character, would go straight for the kill and surprised even extremely skilled combatants (Batman would win easily in h2h though, but Wade's deadly weaponry would make up for that, his explosives would eventually corner Bruce).

Avatar image for ultimate_knight
#22 Posted by Ultimate_Knight (10938 posts) - - Show Bio

I am just going to leave this here...

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/articles/does-batman-always-win-deadpool-vs-batman/1100-146617/

#23 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16013 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool wins this easily, he is almost as skilled as Captain America, has an insane healing factor and doesn´t hesitate to kill.

Batman dies.

#24 Posted by MonsterStomp (36709 posts) - - Show Bio

So these are the comic versions or...?

#25 Posted by decaf_wizard (16837 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: Yea, comic versions. I dont see how movie versions would be fair

#26 Posted by jashro44 (52093 posts) - - Show Bio

So these are the comic versions or...?

Yea its comic versions.

#27 Posted by MonsterStomp (36709 posts) - - Show Bio

Given what we've seen from Batman in the movie, I'd say a movie matchup would be just as fair if not more so than a comic matchup.

#28 Posted by decaf_wizard (16837 posts) - - Show Bio

@decaf_wizard said:

Given what we've seen from Batman in the movie, I'd say a movie matchup would be just as fair if not more so than a comic matchup.

I just dont see how movie Bats would be able to deal with Wade. I doubt he could put him down or even win in physical contest with him. He would also need to incap him for it to be considered a win, because there is no way he is putting him down

#29 Posted by MonsterStomp (36709 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp said:
@decaf_wizard said:

I just dont see how movie Bats would be able to deal with Wade. I doubt he could put him down or even win in physical contest with him. He would also need to incap him for it to be considered a win, because there is no way he is putting him down

I never said Ben Affleck's Batman would win, but the outcome would be more or less the same as comic versions. As for the physicals, aside from durability, Batman was throwing men around like nothing. One of his punches flipped a man into the ground and broke the wooden floor. I can't remember Deadpool being any better in that department.

#32 Posted by Ashrym (2834 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman for the equipment advantages. I keep thinking Court of Owls and Talons combats. Batman has the edge in gear, skill, and intellect. These are from Deathstroke 5 and show Batman being hit with a rather heavy object. Deathstroke is a bit under his game there but still obviously has impressive stats.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

We can see Deathstroke is still capable of ripping out a chunk of structure with grip digging right in and fast enough to still do so using it as a weapon. This didn't stop Batman. We can also he how Batman is capable of blocking swords with his wrist gauntlets. After the some of the fight, Batman is still capable of kicking Deathstroke hard enough to break wall with the statement about how milliseconds count with Batman.

Batman doesn't start out trying to kill but he faces people with superhuman physicals who are willing to kill him. Talons attacked him in his home without his equipment and he was still fighting them reasonably well and in numbers. I don't think guns or blades are going to win this for Deadpool before Batman determines that he needs to break out heavier gear and Batman's options have a lot more utility in his gear.

I say Batman in a tough fight.

#33 Posted by Owie (7172 posts) - - Show Bio

@owie said:

Don't get me wrong, Deadpool will give him a great fight, and could win some, but Deadpool doesn't have the kinds of skills or stats that a real Batman contender like, say, Deathstroke, has. Batman will take the majority.

Losing to Moon Knight sounds a little suspect, considering that he's gone toe to toe with the likes of Captain America, Wolverine and Taskmaster.

It was certainly a lower-end fight for Wade, or a higher-end fight for Moon Knight, depending on how you look at it, but I wouldn't describe it as so far off as to be illegitimate or PIS. I think it just shows the lower end of where Deadpool could end up in a fight. Moon Knight is underestimated sometimes (for instance he also beat up/intimidated Task Master once, after the scene where TM talked smack about MK's fighting style), and he was highly motivated in the Deadpool fight.

#34 Edited by decaf_wizard (16837 posts) - - Show Bio

Its an even 50/50 split now, this will be close

#35 Edited by NeonGameWave (19333 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman should definitely win this. He has an advantage in experience, skill, versatility and he`s the better tactical thinker of the two. Wade is good but Batman is better, he could win via incapacitation also Deadpool probably wouldn`t take Batman all that seriously during the fight which will hinder his chances of winning even more.

#36 Posted by HigorM (8883 posts) - - Show Bio

50/50 huh? Impressive.

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
#37 Posted by cosmicallyaware1 (7308 posts) - - Show Bio

@higorm said:

50/50 huh? Impressive.

right?!?! this is a good one!

#38 Posted by ComicStooge (22062 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman 6/10.

#39 Posted by Racob7 (9584 posts) - - Show Bio

One of Batman's greatest strengths is his ability to predict his opponents, and that won't help him here.

Wade also has comparable combat skill, teleportation, superior speed, killing intent, and his famous healing factor.

I don't see Bruce taking a majority and I honestly can't think of many advantages he has.

Avatar image for bullet_to_the_head
#40 Edited by Bullet_to_the_Head (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

@racob7 said:

One of Batman's greatest strengths is his ability to predict his opponents, and that won't help him here.

Wade also has comparable combat skill, teleportation, superior speed, killing intent, and his famous healing factor.

I don't see Bruce taking a majority and I honestly can't think of many advantages he has.

While I agree with this, Deadpool no longer has his teleporter, and even when he did, he never really used in combat

#41 Posted by Ashrym (2834 posts) - - Show Bio

@racob7 said:

Most of Batman's rogue gallery are insane. It's not like Batman has not had to deal with unpredictable opponents before. The same goes for killing intent. People try to kill Batman regularly so intent to kill isn't exactly something that's going to matter.

Even the healing factor is mitigated because Batman isn't going to try and kill Deadpool. He's going to try and restrain Deadpool eventually. Batman's better equipment is going to take this match.

#42 Posted by Owie (7172 posts) - - Show Bio

@ashrym said:
@racob7 said:

Most of Batman's rogue gallery are insane. It's not like Batman has not had to deal with unpredictable opponents before. The same goes for killing intent. People try to kill Batman regularly so intent to kill isn't exactly something that's going to matter.

Even the healing factor is mitigated because Batman isn't going to try and kill Deadpool. He's going to try and restrain Deadpool eventually. Batman's better equipment is going to take this match.

Exactly. Excellent point about Batman's experience with his wide-ranging totally insane rogue's gallery. Still waiting to hear better arguments from others against Batman's superior gear and and his ability to incap, and the tactical advantage he gains from a 150' starting distance. Most people seem to want this to be a straight up physical fight, and that's not what it is in this set-up.

#43 Posted by Cerberus369616 (2174 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman incaps or if he realises just how immortal wade is he might even dismember with explosives. He has the means to neutralise Wades Lethality and has done so against skilled superhuman combatants multiple times. Superior Skill and Gear Versatility take the cake. 8/10 Bruce.

#44 Edited by tparks (11807 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a barn burner!

Pretty crazy that there's zero votes for too close to call, yet the polls are so close to each other for who wins.

#45 Edited by k4tzm4n (41737 posts) - - Show Bio

A good argument can be made for either side, but I'd still side with Batman in a random encounter. After a pretty long and great fight, of course.

#46 Posted by Leewillkillu (131 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with Bats. Deadpool is freaking awesome and definitely has it in physical stats, but that's it. Bruce is going to find out fast that Deadpool is quite skilled, crazy and has a healing factor. Nothing he hasn't seen before. And in a hand to hand fight Bruce wrecks, only a well written Logan using his skills, and BP from Marvel are able to beat/stalemate him.

Avatar image for arrow1ntheknee2
#47 Posted by Arrow1nTheKnee2 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

If batman had time to prep (say a week perhaps) then yes, the bats, because he could possibly get a hold of some Carbonadium, the metal that slows healing factors, and kill Deadpool that way. However, since this is a random encounter i have to give it to deadpool.

#48 Edited by ComiKing24 (1399 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a tough one. Batman has the advantage in H2H, intelligence, skill, and experience. But Wade has the advantage in speed and durability (due to healing factor). As far as strength I would place them in the same rank.

My Scenario

Deadpool would probably start out with some long range shots as usual, which Batman should be able to dodge with ease:

No Caption Provided

Batman will probably counter with some H2H. They will fight H2H for a few minutes, but then Deadpool will realize he is being overpowered and will pull out his swords. This is when Batman will back off and throw some batarangs so that he will have a chance to analyze Deadpool. He will probably realize that Deadpool has a better chance of winning if he keeps up the long range battle. Batman decides to throw a smoke bomb so that he can shorten the range, but fails due to Deadpool firing a bunch of aimless bullets to the other side of the smoke. Batman barely gets enough time to protect himself with his bullet proof cape. Batman continues to rush forward as he protects himself with his cape. Deadpool decides to rush forward as well but continues shooting (the smoke is gone now). Unaware to Deadpool, Batman pressed a mysterious button when he protected himself with his cape. As the two continue rushing towards each other, Batman rolls another smoke bomb and does a back flip over what happens to be his Bat Mobile!! Batman succesfully hits Deadpool with the Bat Mobile which KOs Deadpool.

THE END!!!

TL;DR:

Batman wins due to advanced equipment and tactics.

#49 Edited by AcroKat (7384 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman wins.

@ashrym said:

Batman for the equipment advantages. I keep thinking Court of Owls and Talons combats. Batman has the edge in gear, skill, and intellect. These are from Deathstroke 5 and show Batman being hit with a rather heavy object. Deathstroke is a bit under his game there but still obviously has impressive stats.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

We can see Deathstroke is still capable of ripping out a chunk of structure with grip digging right in and fast enough to still do so using it as a weapon. This didn't stop Batman. We can also he how Batman is capable of blocking swords with his wrist gauntlets. After the some of the fight, Batman is still capable of kicking Deathstroke hard enough to break wall with the statement about how milliseconds count with Batman.

Batman doesn't start out trying to kill but he faces people with superhuman physicals who are willing to kill him. Talons attacked him in his home without his equipment and he was still fighting them reasonably well and in numbers. I don't think guns or blades are going to win this for Deadpool before Batman determines that he needs to break out heavier gear and Batman's options have a lot more utility in his gear.

I say Batman in a tough fight.

#50 Posted by ComiKing24 (1399 posts) - - Show Bio

@racob7 said:

I can think of advantages. H2H, skill, equipment versatility, intelligence and experience.