Battle of the week: Batman vs Captain America

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Battle of the week: Batman vs Captain America (507 votes)

Batman 73%
Captain America 21%
Too Close To Call 6%
No Caption Provided

Batman VS Captain America (Rogers) Nuff said.

Rules

• Combatants are in character. Batman is post crisis. Steve is the regular version (not captain hydra).
  • This is a random encounter (no prep for either side) and both characters have standard gear.
  • They're fighting in a generic city setting. It takes place during the day and they start roughly 100 feet apart and visible. Everything in the city (let's say the city is the size of Manhattan and surrounded by ocean) is on limits.
  • Incapacitation, knockout, BFR (battlefield removal, which means knocking someone so far away that the fight cannot continue in the very near future) or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too. "What's a tactical retreat?" It's leaving the fight with the intention of not returning to the battle in the immediate future. Going to another spot in the environment to catch your breath for a moment or two or for a tactical advantage is not a tactical retreat.
  • Treating everyone else in the debate with respect is a sign of a good debater. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. This is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging about fan fic.
  • If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Sunday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs. Viner posts that stand out will be included at the end.
  • Votes last till late Sunday, and the votes will be posted in the OP to see where combatants stand by Sunday. Votes do not determine who wins, only who the majority at the time sides with.

Special thanks to @k4tzm4n for allowing me and other users to continue making these battle of the week threads

• 
TheKinfing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Jesus Christ.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Vertigo-

Not touching this one

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap stomps.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Been done :P

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@khael said:

Not in battle of the week format. It'll be locked at the end of the week regardless.

Cap stomps.

Why?

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman stomps.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why... @jashro44 why?

The last few battle of the weeks haven't had much attention and I'm out of ideas. Seemed like good timing to throw out a big one.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: should have gone with Wolverine vs Cap instead. Canada vs America

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:
@khael said:

Not in battle of the week format. It'll be locked at the end of the week regardless.

@ithemanwithoutfeari said:

Cap stomps.

Why?

Superior physicals.

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Warlockmage
Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Batman wins a slight majority. Smarter. Better Gear. More Skilled.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Khael

@jashro44: It was a joke

Anyway, Batman wins due to superior gear and intellect.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8
deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Basically what he said^

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a good one, and finally one I can actively debate for as the good ol´ Steve is one of my favorite characters.

Captain America wins in a very close battle, anyone who wants to debate me just tag me and we shall start, either way, this is too close.

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Captain America I'd say wins this

• He's physically stronger and faster than Batman.
  • Has more endurance and stamina.
  • Is able to process images faster than Batman.
  • The shield counter's all of Batman's long ranged attacks, plus is made out of Vibranium (Vibranium >> Bat armor)
  • While Batman is skilled (maybe more so then Steve), however not enough to completely outclass him (imo), considering Steve can familiarize himself with every form of martial art so he would be more than capable to adapt to any form of martial art Bruce may use.
  • Has physically contended with Marvel's strongest without any armor (Including thor and hulk)
  • Has just as much (If not more) will power than Bruce, and his tenacity and never give up attitude combined with his physical advantages should pull him ahead.

Yeah, Let's here it for CAPTAIN AMERICA GG :)

No Caption Provided
Loading Video...

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To actually contribute something to this though, and possibly get the ball rolling. While Cap may have a physical edge, It's not as if Batman can't take on people stronger then him, there is also the X factors such as the shield and Batmans usual gadgetry. It's really skill vs physicals, but the advantage either have is minuscule from what I've seen

It's a good match, and could really go either way depending on gear usage, and other X factors. i'm not entirely sure who to back here. I'll wait for arguments

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warlockmage said:
@normanbates said:

Basically what he said^

i agree Wolverine is cooler than Deadpool @blackestnight93 norman agrees with you

Dont be dumb

im not... it was a joke on how he was ninja'd i'd have thought that was pretty self apparent i guess not. ill try to be more direct with my messaging so that you can clearly understand what im saying... or you could mind your own business and butt out on things that dont require your intervention... cool glad we had this meaningless discussion. go back to being salty about DD vs Red Hood yeah?

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: Same I like Steve as well one of my favorite characters, this is a good battle, you want to team up against the opponents :)

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman. Basically because of what AllStarSuperman already said.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Thor-Parker

@chronicplane said:

@thor_parker82: Same I like Steve as well one of my favorite characters, this is a good battle, you want to team up against the opponents :)

Yeah, sure :)

I´ll tag another Steve expert who might be interested in this as well.

@krleavenger

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is gonna be a fun one to read.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Going with Steve. We'll see if I get the time to drop an argument later on...

Chronicplane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: Nice, us soldiers need to stick together and unit :) #TeamCap

No Caption Provided

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brucerogers

What do you think? Your name is literally Bruce Rogers lol

king_majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: I support your decision to liven-up the Battle of the Weeks by producing one of the most talked about versus in comic book history. With that being said, Captain America for a clear victory. Superior physicals, arguably better tactics centered around warfare, and fighting capabilities that place him in the top-tier martial artists on Earth (for me).

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Batman

Reasons:

1. Cap's slight physical edge isn't that great so that Batman is outmatched. He himself has feats such as kicking motorcycles and trees in half. Same can be said for speed, the difference isn't that huge that Batman can;t keep up.
  2. Bruce has a decisive edge in gear, and there's no doubt about that. A tough suit + Vibranium shield <<< a far tougher suit with cape and cowl, grapple gun, smoke bombs and god knows what more. Also, he can do what crossbones did in Civil War and disarm Cap.
  3. Batman has a decent edge in skill. A mostly self taught expert super soldier (no, I am not underselling Cap, I know some of his skill feats are ridiculous) vs someone who has been training for his life, knows mastered 127 martial arts, including all known on earth and some alien martial arts, knows almost every pressure points that applies on humans and if he wants to kill, he can see different methods to kill someone superior to him.
  4. Batman has a pretty good track record against Deathstroke (if not in his JL busting gear), someone with Cap level physicals if not better, better healing factor, has nowhere near the morals of Cap (let alone Batman), much, much better gear than Cap and arguably as good fighter as cap. Batman has some wins against him and deathstroke has some wins, in some of which Batman looked good.

Overall, Cap is stronger, faster, more durable and has better stamina than the Bat, but let's not forget that Batman has brought down far stronger and more durable enemies, kept up with faster, and has fought non-stop for 24 hours. Cap's skill and experience being as good as it is, is not Batman's equal. With added gear advantage, I believe Batman should take the majority, but Cap should also be able to take some wins. That's my opinion and someone might disagree with me.

Batman 7/10

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@khael: Hmm, I am going to go with too close a call. In the past, I always thought Cap could edge out a win but Batman has gotten something of a physical buff that kind of reduces the stat gap. That said, I still think Cap has the edge in that category. Batman has the edge in skill and gear.

And I know I will be in the minority here but I feel they are pretty even aa far as battle tactics are concerned.

Keeping all this in mind, I feel it can go either way.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Black_Arrow

Batman. The amount of gear he has in Rebirth is ridiculous every part of his costume has offensive measures that Steve can't predict and will wear him down.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Too close to call. Their disadvantages against each other are balanced out by their other advantages. Captain America has the advantage of having better physical stats and honestly, more consistent showings of resilience against stronger opponents with only his standard gear in battle. Batman, however, can keep up with having versatile gear and slightly superior skill and occasional strength feats that are on par with Steve.

All I got to say on the matter.

darthjhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 darthjhawk  Moderator

I'm going with Bruce here, mainly for the reasons @apex_pretador stated above. I'll form an argument of my own later, but for now Apex said it best imo. Batman takes a majority.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The battle that has been done to death. Batman will win in a long and tough fight that will go down in history next to "Batman vs Superman." Batman has the gear to take down Steve and will utilize them effectively. Cap has better agility and strength but that won't save him from the gear that Batman has.

Trixie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

No Caption Provided

Cap cause dat ass

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with Bruce.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 114

#41  Edited By KrleAvenger

Why are people having a problem with this match up? It's not like this is the Hulk vs Wonder Woman or Thor vs the Flash. Why are people saying that Cap/Batman stomps?

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackestnight93: Logan is cooler but I don't see Steve winning even if Logan suffers from CIS and WIS.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: Thanks for tagging me, but I have no interest in this or any other Battle Forum related thread. I'm no longer arguing on the Battle Forum (unless someone's post is full of false informatio that needs to be debunked). The only reason why I'm still active is because I need to save threads for the Daily Debater.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Cap is physically superior with two lifetimes of experience and has an indestructible shield. Batman has a more versatile gear set and more technical skill.

I side with Cap for a slight majority.

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeee927346fb
deactivated-5aeee927346fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman, the physical edge is very slim, to the point where Batman actually has better striking feats than Cap without his shield (which by the way is NOT Vibranium). Steve has the clear edge in lifting strength and running speed, both kind of useless, on the other hand Bruce's suit provides him with far better durability and his versatility through his gadgets gives his a dozen different options to take out Cap. Not to mention Cap's shield could be taken from him, Bats can disarm Cap either through his surerior skill or equipment, after that Cap will be fighting an uphill battle, which he will eventually lose.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkhoudini said:

Batman, the physical edge is very slim, to the point where Batman actually has better striking feats than Cap without his shield (which by the way is NOT Vibranium). Steve has the clear edge in lifting strength and running speed, both kind of useless, on the other hand Bruce's suit provides him with far better durability and his versatility through his gadgets gives his a dozen different options to take out Cap. Not to mention Cap's shield could be taken from him, Bats can disarm Cap either through his surerior skill or equipment, after that Cap will be fighting an uphill battle, which he will eventually lose.

I doubt that.

I argue that Cap has way better striking strength without the shield and ridiculously better striking strength with the shield.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By brucerogers

@darkhoudini: What striking feats does Batman have above Cap?. Non outliers for both of course.

And lifting and running strength do matter very much in combat. The former being useful in grapples and the latter being useful in closing distances.

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this HYDRA or original Cap ? I would give the original 6/10 against Bat, 9/10 if this is HYDRA Cap

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@ldm: Pretty sure this is pre-Hydra Cap.

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By shirso

Batman. More skilled, better gear, and I think his N52 feats further reduce the raw stat gap.