Damian Wayne, our latest Character of the Month, has one win (vs. Hit-Girl) and one loss (vs. Raphael) in our Battle of the Week segment. For his third match -- his penultimate one -- we wanted to spice things up a bit and have someone fight by his side. Now, we could have been mean and had him team-up with someone he's not the biggest fan of (e.g. Tim Drake or Jason Todd), but considering the little dude was beat up in his last fight, we thought it would be nice to have his father by his side for this one. Will the two Waynes overcome their opponents from Marvel? Daredevil, the skilled martial artist with superb agility and reflexes, and Elektra, the swift and deadly assassin, have found themselves in quite a fight.
We all know Batman's combination of skill and gear means he can hold his own in a thrilling fight against either of these opponents, but what about Damian? How will he fare against his opponent and what kind of distraction will that create for the Dark Knight? If Daredevil or Elektra take down Bruce's son, how will that impact the Dark Knight's actions? Which side do you think will win? Really give this one some proper thought before casting your vote. Also, read the rules! Seriously, they provide important details like where the fight takes place and how far apart these two teams begin.
- Combatants are in character. This means their usual set of morals apply.
- This is a random encounter (no prep for either side) and both sides have standard gear. Both sides have no immediate knowledge of their opponents.
- This is the standard versions of all the characters.
- They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 20 feet apart and visible. However, there is a good amount of cover in the location (parked vehicles, bus stops and such) and the entire area is on limits (alleys, rooftops, building interiors, the sewer, etc).
- Incapacitation, knockout, or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too. "What's a tactical retreat?" It's leaving the fight with the intention of not returning to the battle in the immediate future. Going to another spot in the environment to catch your breath for a moment or for a tactical advantage is not a tactical retreat.
- Hey, you know what would be really cool? Treating everyone else in the debate with respect. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. Seriously, this is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging.
- If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining. Just saying.
- One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs.
If you're having trouble voting (e.g. "session expired"), refresh the page and that should fix it!
Check the homepage this Friday for an updated article with the following:
- The results of the poll.
- Thoughts from the staff.
- Viner arguments for both characters.
- If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.
Want to suggest a future Battle of the Week for Robin? Tell us below or share it via twitter.