Battle of the week: Bane vs Killmonger

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Battle of the week: Bane vs Killmonger (62 votes)

Bane 45%
Killmonger 52%
Too Close To Call 3%
No Caption Provided

For this weeks battle of the week we have two, strong, sturdy, martial artists facing each other. We have Erik Killmonger against Bane! Which one of these two will come out on top?!? You decide!

Rules

• Combatants are in character. This is post crisis/Pre new 52 Bane.
  • This is a random encounter (no prep for either side) and both characters are unarmed. Bane has knightfall levels of venom
  • They're fighting in a generic city setting. It takes place during the day and they start roughly 100 feet apart and visible. Everything in the city (let's say the city is the size of Manhattan and surrounded by ocean) is on limits.
  • Incapacitation, knockout, BFR (battlefield removal, which means knocking someone so far away that the fight cannot continue in the very near future) or death all count as elimination. Making a tactical retreat counts as a loss, too. "What's a tactical retreat?" It's leaving the fight with the intention of not returning to the battle in the immediate future. Going to another spot in the environment to catch your breath for a moment or two or for a tactical advantage is not a tactical retreat.
  • Treating everyone else in the debate with respect is a sign of a good debater. If you think someone's saying something that just isn't true, go ahead and stick to the facts to point out why. There's no need at all to drop insults just because you disagree with someone. This is just talking about a fictional fight, there's no need for immaturity and mudslinging about fan fic.
  • If you think the poll isn't going how it should, making an informative post about why a character is being underestimated and spreading the word is far more useful than complaining.
  • One more thing: you don't need to write an essay to have your post highlighted in Friday's article. Sometimes concise posts can be way more effective than a flood of paragraphs. Viner posts that stand out will be included at the end.
  • Votes last till late Friday, and the votes will be posted in the OP to see where combatants stand by Friday. Votes do not determine who wins, only who the majority at the time sides with.

Special thanks to @k4tzm4n for allowing me and other users to continue making these battle of the week threads

• 
mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say Bane wins.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 morpheus_  Moderator

Probably Erik. Even on venom I don't recall any feats from pre-N52 Bane in terms of durability and strength that would have him surpass Killmonger.

Clamps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd back Killmonger here.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jashro44

Here is some back ground info on killmonger for those interested:

No Caption Provided
1: Stated to be stronger than black panther, 2-3: Over powers black panther to the point the narration compares it akin to T'challa as a child wrestling his father, 4: punches a large tree, 5-8: over powers and kills an elephant with his bare hands.
T'challa hits Killmonger in the nuts and says he was beginning to wonder if killmonger felt pain at all, and T'challa kicks him in the face and Killmonger smiles

VS Deadpool (both fights):

http://imgur.com/a/dYMWV

VS Black panther (round one)

http://imgur.com/a/oXrez

VS Black Panther (Round 2)

http://imgur.com/a/kdhri

VS Black Panther (Round 3; they fight for 13 hours):

http://imgur.com/a/ImzY0

VS Black Panther (Round 4)

http://imgur.com/a/88aP2

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Killmonger wins it seems.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 owie  Moderator

Wow, I'm impressed with Killmonger. I could be argued into seeing the two older Black Panther fights through the lens of the Silver Age and consider that the Black Panther of that time was not as much of an excellent martial artist as he is portrayed today...but those two contemporary fights make it clear that there's a clear through line from the old school through today.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, Killmonger is very impressive.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killmonger clearly, he's better in every way even if only slightly.

Khael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WHOAA, didn't know who Killmonger is. But based on those feats, I think Bane is still winning

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killmonger, based on his feats and fights with T'Challa.

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

hmmm

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I don't know much about Killmonger, but based on the feats Bane has he should win.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know much about Killmonger, but based on the feats Bane has he should win.

I have scans above.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owie said:

Wow, I'm impressed with Killmonger. I could be argued into seeing the two older Black Panther fights through the lens of the Silver Age and consider that the Black Panther of that time was not as much of an excellent martial artist as he is portrayed today...but those two contemporary fights make it clear that there's a clear through line from the old school through today.

I don't think T'challa was a bad martial artist even in the silver age.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Will wait for someone to argue for Bane before voting.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@jashro44: your not allowed to post bios. I got a warning for this like few days ago from Reaching man. Wth :/

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: wait, since when couldn't you post bios? And why?

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By sirfizzwhizz
Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz: So.... where's the line? Is it limited to full pages, or anything in bio pages is a no-go?

@jashro44 can you clarify?

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz said:

@blackestnight93: RenchMp said its copyright infringement

Is marvel going to descend on comicvine users and threaten them like CNN does to meme makers? LOL!

Wait what? PM me what you're talking about (since it's off topic to the thread). I gotta see this

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Killmonger needs a respect thread. Anyway, he beats Bane since he has stalemated Wade and beat T'Challa.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackestnight93: http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/04/politics/kfile-reddit-user-trump-tweet/index.html

On topic: I think Bane wins.

Vertigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jucaslucasa: Sweet Christmas, just when you though the bar couldn't drop any lower.

OT: Maybe a slight edge to Killmonger. Fighting someone like T'Challa for 12 hours is damn impressive, and IIRC, T'Challa has never actually beaten him

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

Definitely Killmonger, haven't seen anything from Bane to give him an edge in any category.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Sy8000

Killmonger seems superior.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#29 owie  Moderator

@jashro44 said:
@owie said:

I don't think T'challa was a bad martial artist even in the silver age.

I don't think he necessarily was either, but they put less focus on the details of fighting skill then, so it can sometimes appear that way, so I can see someone making that argument.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jucaslucasa: Sweet Christmas, just when you though the bar couldn't drop any lower.

OT: Maybe a slight edge to Killmonger. Fighting someone like T'Challa for 12 hours is damn impressive, and IIRC, T'Challa has never actually beaten him

Black Panther defeated killmonger during over the edge:

I'd also count there fight under Priest as a win for T'challa since he only lost due to outside interference.

@owie said:

I don't think he necessarily was either, but they put less focus on the details of fighting skill then, so it can sometimes appear that way, so I can see someone making that argument.

I don't really agree with that. Even older marvel hand books have stated black panther invented his fighting style which uses cat like stances and strikes.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely Killmonger, haven't seen anything from Bane to give him an edge in any category.

I think Bane might be more skilled. Killmonger actually has a pretty big strength and durability advantage on black panther. More so than Bane has on batman IMO.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 juiceboks  Moderator

@jashro44: Ehh, that may be. Though T'Challa's outfought more physically imposing foes, and physicals can only take you so far in a 13 hour fight.

law1602

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By law1602

Killmonger, he's stronger and more durable without Bane using Venom

NoLifeKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Backing up Killmonger in this fight, Bane has the physicals and skills to contend but Killmonger has a way better record against BP than Bane against Batman in Post Crisis and I think it's fair to assume Black Panther and Batman are very close in terms of fighting abilities at the very least.

law1602

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nolifeking: I would even say that Black Panther is superior since he knows secret Wakandan fighting styles that Batman doesn't know about.

NoLifeKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@law1602: likewise batman knows secret techniques and martial arts t'challa wouldn't know about.

KillianDuclark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane. Cause I actually like him

Alastor0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers