Battle of the Sith Emperors: Sidious vs Vitiate

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ssejllenrad

I hope some SW experts would help me out here. I've been debating with a friend regarding this.

Who would win between the two emperors at their peaks? The Sith Emperor Tenebrae or The Sith Emperor Palpatine? Say anything goes and win by permanent death.

Kingjohnrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Kingjohnrocks

In my own opinion, I think Sidious can hit him before he can react. But I'l let the experts decide this one

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

Palpatine stomps he has Vitiate beat in vertually every category. For the record Palpatine is the strongest Sith in history period, credit to for the quotes.

Vader imagined the power that could be his if he crushed Palpatine and established his own rule over the Empire. But first, he would need his own apprentice. By himself, he could not hope to defeat the most powerful Sith Lord the galaxy had ever known.

--Taken from Vader: The Ultimate Guide

Yoda went after Palpatine in the empty Senate chamber, but could not defeat the most powerful Sith Lord in history.

--Taken from The New Essential Chronology

Beyond the vision of the Jedi Knights, somewhere within the darkness, the greatest master of evil ever to use Sith power bides his time. As his strength grows, his plans begin to shape the course of the galaxy, and his snares await the unsuspecting.

--Taken from The Complete Visual Dictionary

When Yoda crosses sabers with the movie's arch-villain, he doesn't launch into a pinwheeling display of acrobatics, as he did against Count Dooku in Episode II. Instead, Yoda faces the dark side's fury, channeled by the most powerful Sith Lord in history. "Rob Coleman wanted Yoda to feel the power of his enemy," says Wheless, "like a force he's never dealt with before."

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ssejllenrad

@Kingjohnrocks said:

In my own opinion, I think Sidious can hit him before he can react. But I'l let the experts decide this one

You missed one...

Hehehehe! I'm also siding with Sidious (being stated as greatest Sith EVER) but I am willing to change my stance if someone can make a case for Vitiate.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Palpatine.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ssejllenrad

@JediXMan said:

Palpatine.

/thread. Thanks man.

JamesKM716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By JamesKM716

@ssejllenrad: There is no case for Vitiate. Sidious wins every time.

MorganFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MorganFreeman

Sidious has every Sith beaten in a one-on-one scenario unless you start tossing advantages to the opponent (better terrain knowledge, given extra equipment, etc).

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By ShootingNova

said:

Sidious has done everything Vitiate has on a far greater scale. Vitiate is not more powerful than Sidious, not a chance.

Sidious is faster than Vitiate's eye. Of course he wins a saber duel, Vitiate could barely hold a saber properly as of the Revan novel.

If you knew anything about Palpatine, you would realize he is the most powerful Sith Lord to ever exist, no questions asked, with far greater feats than the Sith Emperor. Vitiate requires trinkets, relics and outside help to be powerful, yet still is no match for Palpatine.

I haven't seen Vitiate move at near-relativistic speeds that are too fast for someone (who dodges lightning and sees sub-light speed ships in slow motion) to even see.

I haven't seen Vitiate create Hyperspace Wormholes that rip through space-time continuum, teleport beings across the galaxy and annihilate entire fleets, as well as the surfaces of planets and moons.

I haven't seen Vitiate become powerful without relics and trinkets.

I haven't seen Vitiate drain an entire planet's populace of twenty billion (and other forms of life) slowly and steadily for years while travelling throughout the galaxy.

I haven't seen Vitiate procure the most powerful Force Lightning that decimates multiple beings instantly.

I haven't seen Vitiate shown capability of even wielding a saber (he could barely even hold one), let alone be a master of all the seven lightsaber forms and all techniques and stances within said forms, and have mastery over all the said forms ambidextrously.

I haven't seen Vitiate telepathically incapacitate multiple Jedi Masters from across the galaxy.

I haven't seen Vitiate mind-wiping twenty billion people effortlessly.

I haven't seen Vitiate be described as a Black Hole in the Force.

I haven't seen Vitiate establish and destroy telepathic links from across the galaxy, without having to formerly interact and establish a mental link with them at close proximity.

I haven't seen Vitiate sensing, manipulating and forseeing emotions across the galaxy.

I haven't seen Vitiate foresee the past and future without the aid of the Dread Masters.

I haven't seen Vitiate be the culmination of nearly 1000 years' worth of training, experience, knowledge, wisdom and observation.

I haven't seen Vitiate picture events in exact detail across planetary, let alone galactic, distances.

I haven't seen Vitiate slay three council members in combat before the can react (one council member already began to withstand his lightning, plus another knight).

I haven't seen Vitiate use mind-wipes that are permanent and do not have beings that are "immune" to its effects.

I haven't seen Vitiate being capable of shrouding the Jedi's foresight and precognitive abilities with his mere presence.

I haven't seen Vitiate be a master of politics.

I haven't seen Vitiate light up a planet with Force Lightning.

I haven't seen Vitiate create a storm with his mere fury while keeping his fury private.

I haven't seen Vitiate manipulate his master's mind for years.

I haven't seen Vitiate be so strong in the Force, the Force literally hides itself inside him.

I haven't seen Vitiate being incapable of being scanned prior to having any formal training in the Force.

I haven't seen Vitiate kill beings so quickly they appeared to be disposed of by a phantom, while an apprentice.

I haven't seen Vitiate master every known Dark Side Force power (except for Midi-Chlorian manipulation, which he has not even heard of or seen in any way) and invent others at a whim.

And much more. I can name more than a dozen beings capable of besting Vitiate in a fight, but I cannot think of even half a dozen beings that can beat Sidious.

Consistency of canon has never changed, there are numerous sources that place Palpatine as the most powerful:

Yoda went after Palpatine in the empty Senate chamber, but could not defeat the most powerful Sith Lord in history.

--Taken from The New Essential Chronology

Darth Sidious proved to be the grim culmination of a thousand years of Sith philosophy and teachings.

--Taken from Jedi vs Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force

When the Sith finally emerged from a thousand years of watching and waiting, they numbered—in accordance with the tradition set down by Darth Bane—only two. The most powerful of these was Darth Sidious, an ice-cold, diabolically calculating genius equipped with the strength of the dark side of the Force, as well as an enormous wealth of Sith artifacts, equipment, and knowledge.

--Taken from The Dark Side Sourcebook

And then there was Palpatine, of course: he was beyond power. He showed nothing of what might be within. Though seen with the eyes of the dark side itself, Palpatine was an event horizon. Beneath his entirely ordinary surface was absolute, perfect nothingness. Darkness beyond darkness. A black hole of the Force.

--Taken from Revenge of the Sith

Plagueis made a soothing gesture and explained in great detail what had taken place. Concluding, he said, "He threatened, too, to place you out of reach."
All the while Plagueis spoke, Palpatine was storming through circles on the narrow path, shaking his head in anger and balling his fists. "He can't do this!" he snarled. He hasn't the right! I won't allow it!"
Palpatine's fury buffeted Plagueis. Blossoms growing along the sides of the pathway folded in on themselves, and their pollinators began to buzz in agitation. FourDee reacted, as well, wobbling on its feet, as if in the grip of a powerful electromagnet. Had this human truly been born of flesh-and-blood parents? Plagueis asked himself. When, in fact, he seemed sprung from nature itself. Was the Force so strong in him that it had concealed itself?

--Taken from Darth Plagueis

Palpatine has spent decades studying the most arcane and esoteric Jedi disciplines. It is believed that he has mastered nearly all the known powers, previously unknown powers, and devises new ones at his pleasure.

--Taken from the Dark Empire Sourcebook

There is the most still nothing pointing otherwise. Lucas' word is final, you cannot argue against it. The argument ends right there.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

My question is who in the Star Wars Universe can beat Sidious in a fair, one-on-one battle?

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

My question is who in the Star Wars Universe can beat Sidious in a fair, one-on-one battle?

Luke Skywalker and that's about it. Now if your talking about all beings in the Star Wars Universe Entities such as the Bedlum Spirits, The Ones, and Abeloth would beat Palpatine.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Luke Skywalker and that's about it. Now if your talking about all beings in the Star Wars Universe Entities such as the Bedlum Spirits, The Ones, and Abeloth would beat Palpatine.

Nah I was just referring to actual characters not entities.

And I'm assuming you mean Grandmaster Luke?

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Nah I was just referring to actual characters not entities.

And I'm assuming you mean Grandmaster Luke?

Yeah I mean Grand Master Luke.