#1 Posted by dbzaota482 (534 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm testing you all.

Who's the strongest "normal" human?

#2 Edited by Amendment50 (14295 posts) - - Show Bio

He's testing us, guys. When we're done arguing he will reveal the truth.

Anyway, probs Chappa or Hercule

#3 Posted by nickzambuto (29289 posts) - - Show Bio

Feats: Nam.

Statements: Chappa.

Reality: Hercule.

#4 Posted by VashtaNerada88 (3498 posts) - - Show Bio

how isn't the bean daddy (yajirobe) here?? or would he stomp all??

#5 Posted by dbzaota482 (534 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by VashtaNerada88 (3498 posts) - - Show Bio

@dbzaota482: kinda figured as much

IIRC Chappa only lost to Goku & cymbal

Nam never won but showed good fighting

Bora actually did well from what I remember he was shrugging off bullets and massacring the RR army....until, ya know....they called Tao

anyways id says Bora

#7 Edited by DSTREET45 (5123 posts) - - Show Bio

1st Place: Chappa. Was stated to be a hard match for Goku by Roshi despite Roshi witnessing his strength 3 years prior. This is the same Goku who defeated Tao (though Roshi didn't know about that yet) and Grandpa Gohan (who was probably stronger than Tao based on their respective fights against Goku). Chappa also wasn't touched in the last Budokai he participated in and has the fastest speed feat of moving his arms fast enough to make it appear that he's has eight. Didn't show much of what he could do but to be fair he fought the strongest incarnation of Goku at the time. Even with what he did show I think it's enough to give him the clear win.

2nd Place: Nam. Gave a good fight to 21st Budokai Goku though I think Goku was holding back a little (not much but that's neither here nor there). Showed good technical knowledge in his fight against Ranfan and Goku. Was able to jump into the clouds with ease. Seems right for, an admittedly distant, second place.

3rd Place: Bora. Don't remember much from him other than the fact that he was bulletproof, fodderized some RRA grunts and was easily killed by Tao. I'd back him up over Mr. Satan.

Last Place: Mr. Satan. Whether you want to take the Budokai Announcer's statement at face value or not doesn't matter. He has the worst feats by far if you go by manga alone. The only feat I remember from him are taking out those two gunmen and he was huffing and puffing afterwards.

Not to mention that Akira Toriyama said in an early 2000ish interview for the book Dragon Ball Forever (translated by Herms, a widely respected translator for Kanzenshuu) that he'd probably lose to Bob Sapp (though I think he was joking as Bob Sapp was gaining popularity at the time).

In another interview, Toriyama said that Hercule was nearly killed by Tao when he and his master (who actually did die) was making fun of his appearance or something. As a result, Herucle resolved to never fight anyone whose true identity he didn't know and people who seemed crazy strong. Now I guess some of you might be thinking, "Well if Hercule survived against Tao then he definitely should be higher up since Bora was killed by Tao, and Nam would be killed since Goku would've been killed if not for the four-star Dragon Ball." And to that I'd say, "Not really," due to a few reasons:

1. We don't know the context of the skirmish other than Mr. Satan and his master making fun of Tao's hair so we don't know what had happen during the fight. Mr Satan could've survived for a number of reasons and without context things could be made to seem better or worse than what they actually were. For example, Krillin survived against Nappa while Piccolo had died. Without context this might seem that Krillin but I'm pretty sure most of you know what really happened and won't take the statement at face value.
  2. Mr. Satan was heavily injured so we know he was on the ass end of an ass kicking. At best that means that he's more resilient than Tao's other victims but it says nothing about his fighting prowress as a whole.
  3. Given his durability feat in comparison to Bora when it comes to bullets, Mr. Satan is obviously the lesser of the two when it comes to durability. As for strength Bora also threw Goku and Yajirobe, who was piggy-backing Goku, up into the clouds as a head-start for climbing Korin's tower. With one hand no less. Given what we know about both, Bora is physically superior to Hercule so it makes no sense for Hercule to survive while Bora had died unless the aspect of their encounter with Tao were completely different. Bora died due to a spear to the heart while we don't know what had happened to Hercule and his master. In a similar manner, Goku was unfortunate enough to force Tao into using the Dodonpa while again we don't know if that was used against Mister Satan and his master. It's likely that it wasn't seeing that it is a special move. Chances are that in the same situation Hercule was in, both Bora and Goku might had made it out alive as well.

In the same very same interview Toriyama said that Mr. Satan was strong but on a normal human level, something Goku and Krillin were already at Pre-Roshi training and were training to surpass for the 21st Budokai. At best that puts him at Pamput level but given that Pamput demolished a brick wall as a show for a "taste of his abilities" while Hercule hurt his hand braking 14 bricks (though to be fair he used the side chop which really takes it's toll on the hand), I'd back Pamput in a fight between the two.

Even if you give him anime feats he still falls short in durability bar some gag feats which shouldn't be taken into account for obvious reasons. He'd do better but I don't know if it's enough. At best he'd take third place (while being a contender for second) with anime feats due to having a faster speed feat (blitzing Van Zant) than Bora.

TLDR:

1st Place: Chappa due to statements and feats.

2nd Place: Nam due to feats.

3rd Place: Bora due to feats/ Possibly Mr. Satan if allowed anime feats.

Last Place: Mr. Satan due to not having as impressive feats nor statements as a whole in comparison to the others.

#9 Posted by darkforce (131 posts) - - Show Bio

Bora > Nam >> King Chappa > Hercule Satan

1. Bora | Feats: Bulletproof, arm strength proven to throw 300 pounds or more above clouds. ( Yajirobe and Kid Goku )

2. Nam | Feats: Pretty much his only feat is jumping high as the clouds.

3: King Chappa | Feats: 8 Arm handed technique

4. Mr Satan | Feats: Surviving a hit from cell

#10 Posted by ValarMelkor (5165 posts) - - Show Bio

Chappa.

#11 Posted by ColonelSanders (277 posts) - - Show Bio

Chappa was able to win a previous Tenkaichi Budokai without the contestants even laying a finger on him. When he showed up at the 22nd TB, Roshi had slight doubts for Goku's chances, saying a lot right there. He trained and was confident he could take Goku at the 23rd TB, so he should at the very least be on par with 22nd TB Goku.

Nam was able to smash a brick wall with his elbow without showing any sign of pain, wasn't he? Or am I thinking of someone else? I don't know, I haven't paid much attention to Part I. Either way, he was a tough contestant in the preliminaries.

Don't remember anything about Bora.

Mark Satan is a pile of crusted ball butter. His best feat is breaking a stack of tiles, which is something people were doing at the 21st TB with more ease than him. He's weaker than Videl who's still below BoDB Goku level. He's strong for a regular human, but he's nothing compared to anyone with actual power. His only legitimate claim to fame was winning the 24th TB, but even that was at a way lower level than 21-23 as the announcer said.

23rd TB Chappa >>> 22nd TB Chappa >>>...>>> Nam > Bora >>>...>>>...>>> Mr. Satan

#12 Posted by DSTREET45 (5123 posts) - - Show Bio

1st Place: Chappa. Was stated to be a hard match for Goku by Roshi despite Roshi witnessing his strength 3 years prior. This is the same Goku who defeated Tao (though Roshi didn't know about that yet) and Grandpa Gohan (who was probably stronger than Tao based on their respective fights against Goku). Chappa also wasn't touched in the last Budokai he participated in and has the fastest speed feat of moving his arms fast enough to make it appear that he's has eight. Didn't show much of what he could do but to be fair he fought the strongest incarnation of Goku at the time. Even with what he did show I think it's enough to give him the clear win.

2nd Place: Nam. Gave a good fight to 21st Budokai Goku though I think Goku was holding back a little (not much but that's neither here nor there). Showed good technical knowledge in his fight against Ranfan and Goku. Was able to jump into the clouds with ease. Seems right for, an admittedly distant, second place.

3rd Place: Bora. Don't remember much from him other than the fact that he was bulletproof, fodderized some RRA grunts and was easily killed by Tao. I'd back him up over Mr. Satan.

Last Place: Mr. Satan. Whether you want to take the Budokai Announcer's statement at face value or not doesn't matter. He has the worst feats by far if you go by manga alone. The only feat I remember from him are taking out those two gunmen and he was huffing and puffing afterwards.

Not to mention that Akira Toriyama said in an early 2000ish interview for the book Dragon Ball Forever (translated by Herms, a widely respected translator for Kanzenshuu) that he'd probably lose to Bob Sapp (though I think he was joking as Bob Sapp was gaining popularity at the time).

In another interview, Toriyama said that Hercule was nearly killed by Tao when he and his master (who actually did die) was making fun of his appearance or something. As a result, Herucle resolved to never fight anyone whose true identity he didn't know and people who seemed crazy strong. Now I guess some of you might be thinking, "Well if Hercule survived against Tao then he definitely should be higher up since Bora was killed by Tao, and Nam would be killed since Goku would've been killed if not for the four-star Dragon Ball." And to that I'd say, "Not really," due to a few reasons:

1. We don't know the context of the skirmish other than Mr. Satan and his master making fun of Tao's hair so we don't know what had happen during the fight. Mr Satan could've survived for a number of reasons and without context things could be made to seem better or worse than what they actually were. For example, Krillin survived against Nappa while Piccolo had died. Without context this might seem that Krillin but I'm pretty sure most of you know what really happened and won't take the statement at face value.
  2. Mr. Satan was heavily injured so we know he was on the ass end of an ass kicking. At best that means that he's more resilient than Tao's other victims but it says nothing about his fighting prowress as a whole.
  3. Given his durability feat in comparison to Bora when it comes to bullets, Mr. Satan is obviously the lesser of the two when it comes to durability. As for strength Bora also threw Goku and Yajirobe, who was piggy-backing Goku, up into the clouds as a head-start for climbing Korin's tower. With one hand no less. Given what we know about both, Bora is physically superior to Hercule so it makes no sense for Hercule to survive while Bora had died unless the aspect of their encounter with Tao were completely different. Bora died due to a spear to the heart while we don't know what had happened to Hercule and his master. In a similar manner, Goku was unfortunate enough to force Tao into using the Dodonpa while again we don't know if that was used against Mister Satan and his master. It's likely that it wasn't seeing that it is a special move. Chances are that in the same situation Hercule was in, both Bora and Goku might had made it out alive as well.

In the same very same interview Toriyama said that Mr. Satan was strong but on a normal human level, something Goku and Krillin were already at Pre-Roshi training and were training to surpass for the 21st Budokai. At best that puts him at Pamput level but given that Pamput demolished a brick wall as a show for a "taste of his abilities" while Hercule hurt his hand braking 14 bricks (though to be fair he used the side chop which really takes it's toll on the hand), I'd back Pamput in a fight between the two.

Even if you give him anime feats he still falls short in durability bar some gag feats which shouldn't be taken into account for obvious reasons. He'd do better but I don't know if it's enough. At best he'd take third place (while being a contender for second) with anime feats due to having a faster speed feat (blitzing Van Zant) than Bora.

TLDR:

1st Place: Chappa due to statements and feats.

2nd Place: Nam due to feats.

3rd Place: Bora due to feats/ Possibly Mr. Satan if allowed anime feats.

Last Place: Mr. Satan due to not having as impressive feats nor statements as a whole in comparison to the others.

#13 Edited by morgadc1887 (333 posts) - - Show Bio

This seems obvious but only a couple people seem to have actually seen the show -

Bora is easily the strongest here, tanking an army and only losing when they call in mercenary tao is enough.

Chappa and Nam are relatively equal, well above human limits easily, nam was able to jump dozens of meters in the air, and fought nearly on par with goku post Roshi training, and chappa took a lot more of a beating from goku than any normal human could, I'd put him slightly below Nam since goku was probably taking it easy in the prelims against chappa.

Hercule is basically a really strong normal human, any durability feats are pis used to support his comic relief status, they have to show how weak he is comparatively but they can't kill him off, hence he has to get hit by the big bad and go tumbling and live. He's never actually been a challenge to anyone that was even slightly above human limits. Ie. see the big cat hercule basically peed his pants over in dragon ball super, and that same big cat (essentially, only this one had a sword) all the way back in dragonball that wanted to eat turtle while goku was running him back to the sea, (before he even met Roshi so only grandpa gohan training) who was easily shit all over by goku, he freaking casually stood on his sword while he was swinging it, then killed him with one punch to the face, Hercule couldn't even convince himself he could do that (okay he could convince himself he could, but he could never actually do it).

#14 Posted by morgadc1887 (333 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
#15 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (17507 posts) - - Show Bio

Mr. Satan.

#16 Posted by camilopezo (1747 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
#17 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (17507 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Lan_Fan (9643 posts) - - Show Bio

Nam.

#20 Posted by morgadc1887 (333 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Gaoron (7025 posts) - - Show Bio

Bora or Chappa

#22 Posted by cromulor (1531 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Hercule get his anime feats? Pulling tons of buses and all that stuff probably gives him the best lifting feats here.

As far as pure skill goes, Chappa is implied but I would go with Nam by actual feats against Goku.

Bora is the only one that showed bullet resistance and he’s got good throwing.

I would put it:

Bora > Hercule (anime) > Chappa > Nam > Hercule (canon)

#23 Posted by camilopezo (1747 posts) - - Show Bio

@cromulor said:

Does Hercule get his anime feats? Pulling tons of buses and all that stuff probably gives him the best lifting feats here.

As far as pure skill goes, Chappa is implied but I would go with Nam by actual feats against Goku.

Bora is the only one that showed bullet resistance and he’s got good throwing.

I would put it:

Bora > Hercule (anime) > Chappa > Nam > Hercule (canon)

Nam > Goku BoS > A Bullet > Hercule (Anime)

#24 Posted by cromulor (1531 posts) - - Show Bio

@camilopezo: Show Nam being bulletproof. Or having better lifting or striking feats than Hercule in the anime.

#25 Posted by camilopezo (1747 posts) - - Show Bio

@cromulor said:

@camilopezo: Show Nam being bulletproof. Or having better lifting or striking feats than Hercule in the anime.

Nam scaling this version of goku.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtF1_AdGIHo

#26 Edited by cromulor (1531 posts) - - Show Bio

@camilopezo: Goku out of breath after pushing a boulder no more than what looks like 10 feet on screen > Hercule dragging tons of buses at once across an arena and still having energy to do many more tricks? That makes no sense at all.

Also, unless you can show Nam doing a feat similar or having some kind of interaction in his fight with Goku that involved him moving something comparable or something Goku had trouble moving, you can’t prove Nam scales to that. Lifting strength isn’t some feat you can scale to just by beating someone in a fight, Roshi kicked Goku’s butt and yet he thought moving that same boulder that Goku moved in your video was impossible.