• 117 results
Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Nerd Of A Hero

Yeah, it had to happen sooner or later...   
Jealous at each others abilities, all three students of Mr. Miyagi decide to challenge each other in this Battle Royal Karate Tournament to see who is the best out of all  the Karate Kid movies.  The contestants are...  

Daniel LaRusso    from "The Karate Kid" trilogy.
         Vs.   
Julie Pierce    from "The Next Karate Kid"  
         Vs.   
Dre Parker
 from
"The Karate Kid" (the Kung Fu Kid rather) 

Who will win this ultimate battle of The Karate Kid.

Avatar image for black_lantern_mar_vell
Black Lantern Mar-vell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Daniel Son, he has had more practice with the "wax on, wax off" stuff.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Static Shock

Out of all three of them, it appeared as if Dre trained a lot harder than the other two. Daniel stopped training after the first film.

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@Static Shock said:
"Out of all three of them, it appeared as if Dre trained a lot harder than the other two. Daniel stopped training after the first film."

What a lazy bum.
Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nerd Of A Hero
@Static Shock:
Yeah, I figured as much. The only time he ever continued training was with Mr. Miyagi at his home XD lol. I'd say Dre got this but I wanna know what the others think.
Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Nerd Of A Hero

Bump...

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By lagoon_boy
Daniel Son!
MUTANT413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MUTANT413

daniel-san beats the crap out of the other two.
Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daniel wins very easily, and they obviously lied about Dre being from Detroit in the latest film.

Drache64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Drache64

take it from an actual martial artist, dre would whoop them both. Daniel did about yellow belt level martial arts, whereas dre did black belt level kung fu (note black belt is just to give an idea, true kung fu isnt ranked). final version of dre is fearless whereas daniel is still afraid of alot of stuff. dre knows how to effectively react to his opponents, daniel only knows how to get beat up, then pull a win out of no where because he is the "good guy". well in this fight there would be no "good guy" so he loses that advantage. i'd say dre 7/10 times.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Static Shock

Everyone is saying Daniel wins out of favoritism, even though they know for a fact that he can't really fight. >_> 

Hell, I think Julie would demolish him.

@The Mjolnir Wielder said:

" Daniel wins very easily, and they obviously lied about Dre being from Detroit in the latest film. "

What?
Agony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Agony

daniel and not because of a favorite as a matter of fact i dont like any of the karate kids especially the new one....it just straight up blowed
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By King_Saturn
@Static Shock said:
" Out of all three of them, it appeared as if Dre trained a lot harder than the other two. Daniel stopped training after the first film. "
wait a minute... I thought Daniel was training in the Third Film though with that Bad Guy... they were training for him to fight in the Tournament again
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Static Shock
@King Saturn said:

"wait a minute... I thought Daniel was training in the Third Film though with that Bad Guy... they were training for him to fight in the Tournament again "

He barely trained in the third film. All he was instructed to do was break wood. Even when he was capable of it, it didn't help him against Mike Barnes in the end. After he found out that Mike was with Kreese and Silver, he abandoned them, and Mr. Miyagi only taught him that kata.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By King_Saturn
@Static Shock said:
" @King Saturn said:

"wait a minute... I thought Daniel was training in the Third Film though with that Bad Guy... they were training for him to fight in the Tournament again "

He barely trained in the third film. All he was instructed to do was break wood. Even when he was capable of it, it didn't help him against Mike Barnes in the end. After he found out that Mike was with Kreese and Silver, he abandoned them, and Mr. Miyagi only taught him that kata. "
thats still training though... even if its not the best workout plan... 
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock said:
"Everyone is saying Daniel wins out of favoritism, even though they know for a fact that he can't really fight. >_> 

Hell, I think Julie would demolish him.

" Daniel wins very easily, and they obviously lied about Dre being from Detroit in the latest film. "

What? "
If he were truly from Detroit  in real life, then there wouldn't be much of a story to tell.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By King_Saturn
Julie probably would win this fight actually... Dre might have a chance if he does those crazy Kung Fu kicks and catches one of them off guard
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Static Shock
@The Mjolnir Wielder: What is that supposed to mean? That doesn't even make sense.

@King Saturn: OK. Compare breaking wood and doing a kata several times to doing laps @ the Great Wall of China, doing exercises (along with punching and kicking repeatedly), training with weapons, sparring, harnessing the ability to focus and anticipate moves even if you can't see them, etc, etc... Which matters more?
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock said:
" @The Mjolnir Wielder: What is that supposed to mean? That doesn't even make sense.

@King Saturn: OK. Compare breaking wood and doing a kata several times to doing laps @ the Great Wall of China, doing exercises (along with punching and kicking repeatedly), training with weapons, sparring, etc, etc... Which matters more?"
In real life, a kid from inner-city Detroit sure as hell wouldn't have gotten picked on by those Chinese kids.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By King_Saturn
@Static Shock said:
" @The Mjolnir Wielder: What is that supposed to mean? That doesn't even make sense.

@King Saturn: OK. Compare breaking wood and doing a kata several times to doing laps @ the Great Wall of China, doing exercises (along with punching and kicking repeatedly), training with weapons, sparring, etc, etc... Which matters more? "
oh I wasnt saying Daniel trained harder than Dre did... I just remember him training in the Third Film... 
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Static Shock
"In real life, a kid from inner-city Detroit sure as hell wouldn't have gotten picked on by those Chinese kids. "
And, why the hell not, considering that same inner-city kid from Detroit was smaller and scrawnier than them, didn't know how to fight or defend himself, and those same Chinese kids were literally taught to be tough, and to inflict pain and suffering on those weaker than them? Anyone can get picked on, and where you're from is of no consequence.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Static Shock
@King Saturn said:
oh I wasnt saying Daniel trained harder than Dre did... I just remember him training in the Third Film...  "
I feel you. It's just that everything Dre did somewhat made Daniel's training look insignificant.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By King_Saturn
@Static Shock said:

" @King Saturn said:

oh I wasnt saying Daniel trained harder than Dre did... I just remember him training in the Third Film...  "
I feel you. It's just that everything Dre did somewhat made Daniel's training look insignificant. "

indeed it did... 
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock said:
" @The Mjolnir Wielder said:
"In real life, a kid from inner-city Detroit sure as hell wouldn't have gotten picked on by those Chinese kids. "
And, why the hell not, considering that same inner-city kid from Detroit was smaller and scrawnier than them, didn't know how to fight or defend himself, and those same Chinese kids were literally taught to be tough, and to inflict pain and suffering on those weaker than them? Anyone can get picked on, and where you're from is of no consequence. "
There are kids in my neighborhood who're 5'5'' and still spar with Super Welterweights at a local gym. I have a good friend from Queens who's only 5'8'', and still hasn't backed down from a fight in his life. If you're truly street-bred, regardless of height or weight, then you don't quiver up in corners and hide from your new Chinese peers.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Static Shock
@The Mjolnir Wielder: Those kids took up a fighting style (boxing), unlike Dre, who didn't even know how to fight at the beginning of the film. You're comparing apples to oranges, buddy. Also, Dre isn't like your good friend from Queens. Anyone can be raised on streets of a urban area, but that doesn't automatically make you 'hard' or fearless. Dre quivered up in fear because he didn't want to get beaten up by his new Chinese peers. Oh, but wait. He's from the streets, too. >_> 
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By cascadeking09

Is Dre the one played by will smith's son.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Static Shock
@cascadeking09: Yeah
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By cascadeking09

I still havent seen that movie. I wanna say Daniel but I have no idea wat Dre can do.

The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock said:
"@The Mjolnir Wielder: Those kids took up a fighting style (boxing), unlike Dre, who didn't even know how to fight at the beginning of the film. You're comparing apples to oranges, buddy. Also, Dre isn't like your good friend from Queens. Anyone can be raised on streets of a urban area, but that doesn't automatically make you 'hard' or fearless. Dre quivered up in fear because he didn't want to get beaten up by his new Chinese peers. Oh, but wait. He's from the streets, too. >_>  "
1. They can't counterpunch or throw feints at all, and would get their asses kicked by those Chinese kids, but I know for a fact that they wouldn't back down.  
2. You're right, I shouldn't have spoken on behalf of everyone who lives in an urban area. It's just that, in every tough neighborhood I've been exposed to, not a single kid is as sensitive as Dre.
3. He's from the streets, has faced adversity (I guess his dad died prior to the start of the film), but, despite his tough upbringing, is still a milksop. 

Overall, this was a pretty pointless argument to begin with, and I'm feeling pretty dumb about bringing it up.
rein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By rein

Daniel didn't stop training in the first movie. Mr. M taught him the secrets of his form of karate In the second movie (the Drum) , And In the third he Was trained by Cobra kai. They may not have taught him techniques, but he learned how to be a little more vicious in his attacks.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31  Edited By Erik

Dre. 

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Kurrent

I grew up with Daniel but Dre Parker has way more skills

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Nerd Of A Hero
@The Mjolnir Wielder:
You were only just making your point.  

Not everyone is as tough as nails when there living in a tough neighborhood, it's because of who they are and the situation at home, meaning there parents how they discipline there kids (hence- telling Dre to pick up his jacket). But with the father died and the mother never around to help, Dre was getting beaten up by Chinese kids who know how to kill a grown man with those dangerous techniques. That's why he had to learn kung fu not only to conquer his fears and win, but to survive in a country that has different environments and laws. He also needed a father figure (Mr. Han) to set him straight and discipline further since he was sorta out hand.
Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Nerd Of A Hero

Bumpatron lmao

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Static Shock
@rein said:
" Daniel didn't stop training in the first movie. Mr. M taught him the secrets of his form of karate In the second movie (the Drum) , And In the third he Was trained by Cobra kai. They may not have taught him techniques, but he learned how to be a little more vicious in his attacks. "
I wonder why those vicious attacks didn't help much against Mike Barnes.
angryvigilante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By angryvigilante

Daniel would whoop Dre. Its a 16 year old taking on a what 11-12. THINK ABOUT IT.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#37  Edited By Erik
@angryvigilante said:
" Daniel would whoop Dre. Its a 16 year old taking on a what 11-12. THINK ABOUT IT. "
Which means nothing. 
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By texasdeathmatch

How come there is no love with the Next Karate Kid? I recall her rocking a bunch of grown dudes on top of a building, and jumping over a slowing car onto its hood.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Static Shock
@angryvigilante said:

" Daniel would whoop Dre. Its a 16 year old taking on a what 11-12. THINK ABOUT IT. "

Age doesn't dictate who wins. I once beat down a 20 year old when I was 17.
angryvigilante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By angryvigilante
@Static Shock: Yeah you were 17, not 11 or 12. Age does mean a lot. A 12 year old would not beat you down when you were 17.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Static Shock
@angryvigilante said:

" @Static Shock: Yeah you were 17, not 11 or 12. Age does mean a lot. A 12 year old would not beat you down when you were 17. "

No, it doesn't. The fact that I defeated a 20-year-old when I was 17 proves my point. If I was 17, and went up against a 12-year-old that was an impressive martial artist (or not that, but had the ability to fight better than I could), I would more than likely lose.
angryvigilante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By angryvigilante
@Static Shock: No...lol
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Static Shock
@angryvigilante said:
" @Static Shock: No...lol "
You can say no all you want, but it doesn't really help you. Who says a 12-year-old couldn't beat a 16-year-old in a fight?
angryvigilante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By angryvigilante

me

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Static Shock
@angryvigilante said:
" me "
But, then you have nothing to prove that it's impossible.
angryvigilante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By angryvigilante

Nothing is impossible but unlikely. Dre may be faster, but I believe Daniel can just over power him. Kung Fu is more advance then Karate but the fact is Dan has been fighting and training longer. Then there is durability, a 16 year is gonna have a higher resistance to pain. In strength there is almost no contest. A 11-12 year that knows some martial arts could give a teenager that doesn't know how to fight a hard time, but if he knows how to fight I believe its game over.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Static Shock
@angryvigilante: Overpower him? Based on what? Just because he's 16 doesn't mean he's automatically stronger than Dre. Growing during adolescence involves height and weight, not strength (something that you'd earn from working out). Although Daniel was taller, he was just as scrawny as Dre was. Daniel may have been fighting longer, but so what? Cheng and the kids in the Kung Fu tournament have been fighting longer than Dre, and he defeated them. Daniel's experience doesn't matter, as a result. It's not like Daniel was consistent with his training, anyway (and all of Dre's training trumps Daniel's).
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Ferro Vida
@angryvigilante: Your argument doesn't really fly with me.

I haven't even seen the new movie and I know Dre wins based on the trailers, and that Daniel wasn't that great of a fighter.
Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Nerd Of A Hero
@Static Shock:
I always thought that it's the person with the most training, experience and using the  techniques properly is the victor. But yes, your right, age doesn't matter. 2 years ago when I took Brazilian Jujitsu classes, I sparred with a 16 year old (he was taller than me XD lol) and he was strong as a body builder. I could barely last against him when we rolled around. It was because he plays football and I didn't expect that to happen.
G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By G'bandit

Haven't seen the new movie yet