BATTLE OF THE BI-WEEK: Luna's CTF Beatdown

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Are you ready ?This will be an on-going Capture the Flag scenario thread. Every two weeks there will be a Capture the Flag match between the previous weeks team of victors and a challenger squad. Teams will be composed of 3-6 members depending on map size and composition week to week.

Once I post the map there will be a sign up period. It is on a first come first serve basis, so whomever posts a completed team that meets all rules and regulations first will be entered for that week's competition. In order to allow more people opportunities to compete you may not sign up for a certain week if you were on the losing team the week prior. The sign up period only lasts until a challenger team is fielded. At that point the competition may begin.

BE AWARE, randomly generated twists and monkey wrenches will be thrown into the game after you post your team so be prepared for anything.

Winning streaks will be posted on the Wall of Fame so make sure to name your squad.

Build Rules:Your character build may have one power set, one ability set, one special item, and one trainer of your choosing for a period of 30 days.Additionally ONE member of each team may be a WILDCARD. Wildcard players may have one additional power set, ability set, or special item of their choice.Your character build may also have whatever real-world equipment that a mercenary would be able to reasonably acquire through legal and/or illegal means. Be realistic in what you would bring. You have limited carrying space, so read the rules carefully.You may only have one character in the round.Only one person may use a specific character for a specific category. For example, if someone chooses Spider-Man for their powers, no one else may choose Spider-Man for their powers. They would be limited to Spider-Man abilities and items until someone submits a build that calls for those items. It will be a first come, first serve basis. Early birds get the worm and all that. This restriction does not apply to trainers.You may choose anyone from fiction but assume I know nothing of anyone outside of American comics. You will have to educate me on the limitations of the character you want to borrow powers or abilities from. If you are vague or I feel it will break the game, I will enforce Rule 0 and deny it's use so be very clear when explaining your character. Any character that would get an easy win over a Spider-Man level character is unlikely to be given approval.The items you equip will be the only items you can use for the scenario. No looting, sharing, inventing, or stealing.Anime/manga options have been banned for everything except special items. Users keep trying to bypass rules with it or they simply don't understand the rules, so it's just easier to blanket ban it. Blame the users on this one.Power Set

A power set is a superhuman ability or set of abilities associated with a single individual character. Gambit's kinetic energy charging and superhuman agility are an example of a power set.

You may not use powers that include:

Reality warping

Time travel

Probability altering (good or bad luck)

Intangibility

Illusions

Telepathy

Mind control or possession of any kind

Pheromones

Tele-dismemberment

Magic

Vampirism

Force fields

You may not use restricted powers above limits:

Physical attributes above Classic Spider-Man (10 ton strength, etc)

Energy projection above Classic Cyclops (can pulverize a tank)

Powers that affect your opponent internally (blood bending, etc.)

Shapeshifting above Classic Mystique (no mass change)

Healing Factor above adamantium Wolverine (most fatal injuries put you in critical condition)

Super-speed beyond bursts (Can’t outrun any bullet)

Durability above Hugo Danner (bullet-proof but heavy artillery like a tank shell will cause injury)

Telekinesis above Classic Cable (human strength equivalent)

Precognition above Spider-Man

If any power surpasses these limits it will be nerfed to the exact level of the limit. I also reserve the right to outright not allow any power sets that break limits.

Abilities

An ability set is naturally learned or trained skill or knowledge or set of skills or knowledge disciplines associated with a single individual character. Black Panther's martial arts and scientific knowledge are an example of an ability set.

You may not use abilities that allow you to:

Somehow exceed the limitations of your physical attributes. For example, a regular human cannot perform Spider-Man's acrobatic feats as he isn't physically agile enough.

Training with someone of superhuman stats will not allow you to break these limitations. You cannot train at a mystical ninja school for a month and go from human level stats to superhuman.

Mystical abilities, chi usage, or tapping into the ‘limitless potential’ of your character is considered a power, not an ability.

Special Item

A special item is a unique or uncommon object that has commonly been used by comic book characters that does not typically exist within the real world or could be made with common technology. The magical Ebony Blade is an example of a special item.

All special items will no longer have infinite ammo or battery/energy/life. This excludes items that specifically have infinite ammo or power. An item that draws on it's own energy source will be useless once that energy source is depleted.

Special items that help you use your powers like Cyclop's visor are free and do no count toward the special item choice.

You may not use items that grant the user:

Additional powers that exceed the accepted powers threshold (Mjolnir, Iron Man's Suit).

An easy solution to combat situations (Mr. X's mind, Midnighter's battle computer, etc).

Trainer

A trainer is anyone from fiction that will educate you in a field you may desire. But you may only learn at the rate your body will allow you to and they are limited to what they can teach you. They will only teach you one field of their expertise. Your character is you with powers. So if you chose an ability set that does not have remarkable intellect, your character may only learn as fast as a regular human (you).

You will be given 30 days to learn.

Your trainer may not telepathically fast-track your learning.

Your training is to learn, not to modify equipment.

Regular Items

You may have whatever weapons you could reasonably buy from regular/black market stores and could reasonably carry with you.

You may have whatever suit or costume you want but unless it is a special item, you will be limited in its durability to kevlar/nomex weave.

All regular items must be able to fit within a GI 21x30 inch Official US Navy, top loading duffle bag.

There will be 8 total open slots for bag gear. This gear is separate from gear carried on your person.

1 slot for all additional ammo. Limit of 3 magazines/clips per firearm1 slot for all explosives. You may carry a limit of 3 explosive implements. (Ex. Grenades, mines, sticks of dynamite, bricks of plastic explosive) All plastic explosives come in .5 lb bricks, and all dynamite comes in standard sized sticks.1 slot for melee/throwing weapons. Limit of 3 total combined.5 Additional slots for any gear that fits within the rules.Gear that comes together such as needle and thread only takes up one slot.

You may have some items that don't fit in the duffle bag and therefore do not count against the bag’s limited space. Regular items outside the duffle bag, that are equipped to your person may include:

1 main ranged weapon.

Up to 2 close range melee weapons.

Up to 2 side arms.

Up to 6 thrown items.

1 head item (night vision, thermal vision, etc)Special Thanks to Erik for the Build Template.

Capture the Flag Rules:Teams begin at areas designated on the map.These areas are also their bases where the flags can be found.No one has any prior knowledge of their opponents, setting, or anything else.You cannot use any information outside of the situation to make decisions in the game.The object of the game is to pass into enemy territory, obtain their flag, and carry it back past the halfway mark and into your territory.The flag is a 1 inch thick baton, 10 inches long that emits a bright light (red or blue depending upon the team).The flag location will appear in real time on a mental HUD map projected into everyone's minds. The location is not exact and covers an approximate 100 meter area.Team members who are carrying the flag lose all powers while holding the flag. Powers are immediately returned when they lose possession of the flag.Powers and Special Items MAY NOT be used to transport the flag at all. The flag and bases are indestructible.The bases are 25 ft in diameter circular buildings with 4 pillars and a roof.Powers and special items do not work under the roof/within the pillars.The flag is held on a 3 ft high pedestal.Team members carrying the flag also lose their special item for the time they possess the flag.In the case of armor or suits it will be replaced with standard nomex/kevlar armor while they are possessing the flag.If someone carrying a flag is killed or loses the flag it is immediately returned to the base where it is held.The game is played for 3 rounds.A round is ended when someone scores. A score is worth 5 points.You respawn at the beginning of each new round.One additional point will be given for each member of the opposing team still in the game when the score was made.Whoever has the highest score at the end of 3 rounds wins the match.

If you are killed in your team's territory, you will be removed immediately from the field of play for that round.If you are killed in enemy territory you may respawn twice before being removed for the round. (This means 3 lives total)If you are KO'd or incapacitated you will remain where you were KO'd/incapacitated 10 minutes and then respawn back at your base. (Infinite respawns)If you are a wildcard you may not respawn the round after you are removed from play. This means if you are removed from the field of play for a round, you may not participate in the next round.Every time you respawn it will be within a 100 meter radius of your base.Anytime someone claims to engage an opponent, there is a confrontation, or someone claims to have scored there is a debate.Each Round will be called when either a.) Both teams are done debating about a score and the score is upheld or b.) 72 hours have passed since the opening remark and voting upholds a score. Whichever comes first.Debates will be assessed by vote of spectators. (Please be objective and base it solely upon the quality of the debate/ who you think would win.) First side to tally 5 votes wins the debate.A panel of respected Viners not participating will preside over any arguments.Weather, Time of Day, etc matches the setting picture unless specifically mentioned.Leaving the field of play results in removal from that round.There is a 1 mile height limit to all maps unless specified otherwise.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Lunacyde  Moderator

Everyone is scared?

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

@lunacyde said:

Everyone is scared?

I fear nothing. Especially not an easy victory against those too afraid to play. I am in.

FatherChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Count me in too.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lunacyde  Moderator

Count me in too.

Find three team members.

Our team is ready :)

FatherChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: :( But... But I have no friends...

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lunacyde  Moderator
FatherChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: Haha nah, I can definitely pick up a few teammates. Some of the guys who I teamed with on Erik's scenarios before should be willing.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lunacyde  Moderator

@lunacyde: Haha nah, I can definitely pick up a few teammates. Some of the guys who I teamed with on Erik's scenarios before should be willing.

Sounds good. I will post the setting soon so it's all fair for everyone.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Last time you did this stuff, You didn't even continue it after the first match!

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lunacyde  Moderator

Last time you did this stuff, You didn't even continue it after the first match!

Well this one should require minimal effort on my part. Give me a second chance :P

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Black area is the outer boundaries. Battlefield is approximately 3x6 miles. Bases A and B are approximately 5 miles apart.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hehehe!

WILDCARD slot taken!

Power sets: Spider-Man and Gambit

Skills: T'Challa

Special Item: Vibranium suit

All opponents flags are belong to us!

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Duchess and the Danger Zones

Lunacyde

Power: Sergei Kravinoff (Pre-Curse)

Abilities: Bucky Barnes

Item: Wraith Suit

Trainer: Storm Shadow

Gear:

Barrett .50 Cal Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle w/ACOG scope, custom trigger, Extended 20 Round Magazine(x2) one with armor piercing rounds, one with hollow points.

Two standard Spetznas Combat Knives

Twin SIG Sauer P220 .45 Pistols with Custom Triggers, Extended 20 Round Clips, and detachable suppressors

6 throwing knives

Night Vision Goggles

Bag Gear:

Extra Rifle Mags (x3), Extra Pistol clips (x6)

Flash-bang (x1), Frag Grenade(x1), .5 lb bricks of semtex and detonator (x1)

Throwing Knives (x3)

Ghillie Tarp (3x6ft)

Needle and Thread

Walkie Talkie

Rope (100 ft braided nylon)

Mag Lite LED Flashlight

Other Team Members:

Erik--> Wildcard

Powers: Spider-Man and Gambit

Abilities: T'Challa

Item: Vibranium suit

Trainer: Yet to be announced

Gear: Yet to be announced

Ferro

Dane

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lunacyde  Moderator

Notice: Slight Amendments to CTF rules and Regular Gear rules have been made. Be advised.

one_upper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks awesome!

one_upper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By one_upper

I would be willing to build a character if anyone would like to join me for a team.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@one_upper: @fatherchaos: You guys just need two more people to make a team for this round.

@pr0metheus: Might want to join you guys but he seems to be on the fence.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:

You guys just need two more people to make a team for this round.

@pr0metheus: Might want to join you guys but he seems to be on the fence.

I'm in like 6 tournaments and 2 scenarios atm also, So I'll have to sit this one out.

Sorry guys!

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Erik
No Caption Provided

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Lunacyde  Moderator
FatherChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: @lunacyde: Seems I won't be available much for the next few weeks, so I don't think I'll be able to join the first few rounds.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lunacyde  Moderator

Back to zero

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fatherchaos: You just saw my character build and dropped a deuce. No saving face here, friend. :D

FatherChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FatherChaos
@erik said:

@fatherchaos: You just saw my character build and dropped a deuce. No saving face here, friend. :D

No Caption Provided

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Noone301994
No Caption Provided

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lunacyde  Moderator
Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Noone301994
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Lunacyde  Moderator
NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#32  Edited By NighThunder
No Caption Provided

Assuming I can use this, since you used Eriks template

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

We're all going to get raped by @erik Aren't we.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Erik

@nighthunder: There are different item restrictions in this thread. You will have to adjust your regular items accordingly.

And yes. I will kill everyone.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: Is Erik's no anime rule still in effect for this? I may be interested either way

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Primez0ne

Cloak and Dagger

No Caption Provided

Powers: Dagger

Abilities: Bullseye

Special Item: Crimson Cowl

Trainer: Grandpa Furinji ( History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi) Winter Soldier

Gear: ( on person)Sightmark Ghost Hunter 1x24 Night Vision Binoculars

Famas with armor piercing ammo with M203 grenade launcher attached

2 pistol bayonets with armor piercing ammo

2 flash-bangs, 2 frag grenades, 2 smoke grenade

In bag:

• 3 extra mags for pistols, Famas, and grenade launcher
  • 3 remote activated C4 bricks
  • kelvar body suit
  • motion detectors
  • various instant kill poisons with the antidotes
  • medkit
  • comms
  • signal jammer
cdiddyman911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Get rid of duplicating OP. I could easily sweep with Jamie Madrox

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

The Hunger

Power: Bloody Lips

Abilities: Finesse (Do I get her expedited learning capacity?)

Special Item: TBD

Trainer: Charles Xavier

Gear: TBD

Shadowchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Shadowchaos

@lunacyde you using verse equalization in this? Like life energy is one series is the same as life energy in another?

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde:

Sherlock Laforet

Powerset: Albert Wesker

Ability Set: Deathstroke

Special Item: Batmans Arkham City Suit

Rest tba

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sherlock said:

@lunacyde: Is Erik's no anime rule still in effect for this? I may be interested either way

Anime/manga have hax characters. Too many strictly humans that are taught how to tap into their "limitless potential to end all life in the universe" or whatever.

Get rid of duplicating OP. I could easily sweep with Jamie Madrox

Madrox uses some kind of reality warping to form dupes. It is stated in the latest X-Factor. Most duplication I have heard of is either magic or reality warping based anyway.

Sherlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik: I figured I was just checking anyway. I put a template together anyway

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

You guys need to form a team of 4.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Lunacyde  Moderator

@shadowchaos: @sherlock:

Yes, that is correct....no anime/manga

Shadowchaos I'm not sure I know what you mean.

Primez0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: Can I at least use an anime/manga trainer? Most comic book trainers can't teach us anything worthwhile in 30 days.

Shadowchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

for example I want to use Jin Uzuki from Xenosaga as my power. He is a ether specialist and ether is basically akin to ki or chakra or whatever in other series. However the special item I want to use is the Heaven's Blade from Chrome Shelled Regios. Which only responds to kei running through it. Kei pretty close to ether just different in the uses. For example ether takes shape in more distinct forms based on the user. Jin uses ice while other characters each have their own uses. While Kei is more flexible and can be used in different ways like increasing strength. hearing, wind manipulation, fire, energy blasts, ect.

So what I am asking if I can use ether as a replacement for kei.

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Funsiized

I would build a character, but i have no idea who would subsequently be on my team. so why put in the effort?

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Lunacyde  Moderator

for example I want to use Jin Uzuki from Xenosaga as my power. He is a ether specialist and ether is basically akin to ki or chakra or whatever in other series. However the special item I want to use is the Heaven's Blade from Chrome Shelled Regios. Which only responds to kei running through it. Kei pretty close to ether just different in the uses. For example ether takes shape in more distinct forms based on the user. Jin uses ice while other characters each have their own uses. While Kei is more flexible and can be used in different ways like increasing strength. hearing, wind manipulation, fire, energy blasts, ect.

So what I am asking if I can use ether as a replacement for kei.

Well, you cannot use anime/manga characters :/

@lunacyde: Can I at least use an anime/manga trainer? Most comic book trainers can't teach us anything worthwhile in 30 days.

Sorry, it really shouldn't matter whether they a comic book or manga, how much your character can learn in 30 days is determined by their intelligence more than anything.

The rule is no manga/anime. We are sticking to it.

Personally I think there a lot of useful things comic characters could teach or improve in a month.

Shadowchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

I would build a character, but i have no idea who would subsequently be on my team. so why put in the effort?

Find 3 other guys who want to participate and you want to team and then make your build, or you can wait for future matches.