Avatar image for immoralimmortal
#1 Posted by immoralimmortal (783 posts) - - Show Bio

Alita gets her Berserker URM body; Hulk is his jobbing IW version

random encounter, who wins?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#2 Posted by camilopezo (1915 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk easily

Alita is small building level at the best.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c830d4e319e6
#3 Posted by deactivated-5c830d4e319e6 (4952 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk wasn’t jobbing in IW.

#4 Posted by camilopezo (1915 posts) - - Show Bio

Comic vine logic.

Lost a fight = Jobber.

Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#5 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (15442 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Edited by camilopezo (1915 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for sexybayonetta22
#7 Posted by SexyBayonetta22 (1090 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk is small city lvl and Anita is small building. hulk stomps

#8 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (15442 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Co-Boss (433 posts) - - Show Bio

@ready_4_madness: yes, against a vastly more powerful opponent. The time doesn't really matter when your fighting someone way stronger than you. Thanos would stomp alita too

#10 Edited by Ready_4_Madness (15442 posts) - - Show Bio

@co-boss: Hulk lasted about as long as Spider-Man, he jobbed. If he really was as weak as Infinity War displayed him, his fight with Hulkbuster wouldn’t of last as long as it did.

#11 Posted by Co-Boss (433 posts) - - Show Bio

@ready_4_madness: well Spiderman also had the assistance of Dr strange and like 5 other heros and at that point the plot was pretty much against thanos with his whole grieving thing so I don't really see a connection. Alita loses.

#12 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (15442 posts) - - Show Bio

@co-boss: my original response wasn’t even to you though. This isn’t a topic I brought up, Hulk against Thanos was clearly him jobbing because of how much damage he has shown he can take. As for Alita, I haven’t even watched it yet.

#13 Posted by assemblesquad (2742 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk stomps

#14 Posted by GeorgeWBush (11592 posts) - - Show Bio

He’s going to have a hell of a time tagging her

#15 Edited by Mrnoital (7972 posts) - - Show Bio

this Hulk was weaker than Cap going by feats

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

easily overpowers Hulk, yet he completely failed to overpower Cap

pretty sure Alita wins pretty quick

seeing as it took Thanos about 8 hits to KO Hulk I can see Alita doing it

#16 Posted by MoneyyJunee (317 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk rapes

#17 Posted by OrdinaryAlan (6717 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnoital: You can clearly see Thanos wasn't trying in that scene. It's like a adult toying with a child, he was just observing Cap's unrelenting spirit in the face of impossible odds.

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
#18 Posted by plotweapon16255 (7505 posts) - - Show Bio

Stalemate, she is way faster then this guy.

Loading Video...

#19 Edited by Mrnoital (7972 posts) - - Show Bio

@ordinaryalan: you really think this is the face of someone not trying and just having fun?

No Caption Provided

you have some imagination there, but you are clearly wrong, lots of things are subjective and are up for debate, but he is clearly putting in effort and not "toying"

I honestly don't know how you can delude yourself into thinking otherwise

and if he was just toying, why didn't he just finish crushing him down when done toying?

#20 Edited by chaos_zelur (252 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Alita this powerful??? I didn't watch the movie.

#21 Posted by Daisy_Johnson (1063 posts) - - Show Bio

Alita is just too fast for Hulk to tag, and she can pack enough of a punch to KO him.

OT: Hulk's best feat in this movie is losing, Alita has never lost a fight yet. She's always winning, winning, winning!

#22 Posted by camilopezo (1915 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Edited by Daisy_Johnson (1063 posts) - - Show Bio

@camilopezo said:

@daisy_johnson: she lost a fight.

Which one?

I'm assuming you're referring to the scene where she chopped to pieces and was nothing but one arm, her torso, and head? She used her arm to hop around, flip-flopping like a fish and then lunged at Grewishka, smashing her fist through his eye socket and leaving her own arm jammed into his skull. He ran off like a little bitch from it and whined about it.

She didn't lose that fight lmao.

Avatar image for gentlemantophat
#24 Posted by GentlemanTopHat (995 posts) - - Show Bio

She chopped right through a halk sized cyborg's arm with her leg and has a sword similar to Muramasa Jetstream Sam's Sword

#25 Posted by Mrnoital (7972 posts) - - Show Bio

she takes out multiple hulk sized cyborgs(some with ease)

it really depends on what Hulk shes facing, this hulk is similar to the one Blonsky faced in Incredible Hulk, and Alita was way more fast and damaging than Blonsky could ever hope to be(before abomination)

if she gets her sword she should be able to take it pretty handily

if not she still gave hits at least as hard as thanos's jabs and shots

plus she almost always aimed for joints and weak spots

she really has a good shot

#26 Edited by chaos_zelur (252 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnoital: I dont think size was ever the reason Hulk was strong though. And what Thanos jabs? She is as strong as Thanos?

#27 Posted by Mrnoital (7972 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnoital: I dont think size was ever the reason Hulk was strong though. And what Thanos jabs? She is as strong as Thanos?

when did I say size was the reason for his strength?

the jab Thanos did to Hulks neck to start things off and seriously weakened Hulk

#28 Posted by chaos_zelur (252 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnoital:

when did I say size was the reason for his strength?

You only mentioned "hulk sized" is what she beat so that is what I got from you.

the jab Thanos did to Hulks neck to start things off and seriously weakened Hulk

I see.

#29 Posted by Mrnoital (7972 posts) - - Show Bio

@chaos_zelur: right, I should have mentioned that the cyborgs were also super strong and super dangerous covered in weapons

#30 Posted by OrdinaryAlan (6717 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnoital: Having seen the majority of his other combat/strength feats against all the other people he fought, for you to conclude that he was genuinely struggling with Cap is ludicrous.

#31 Posted by Mrnoital (7972 posts) - - Show Bio

@ordinaryalan: you mean my going with an on screen feat is ludicrous?

okay, keep living in fantasy land where what we see on screen doesn't matter

#32 Posted by HC03 (302 posts) - - Show Bio

@camilopezo: By definition, Hulk was jobbing at the start of IW. The whole point of him getting his ass kicked by Thanos was to show how powerful Thanos was AKA jobbing.

#33 Posted by LJayG (1038 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't see how Hulk losing to Thanos is jobbing. It's always been like that for a while in the comics.

@hc03 said:

@camilopezo: By definition, Hulk was jobbing at the start of IW. The whole point of him getting his ass kicked by Thanos was to show how powerful Thanos was AKA jobbing.

I though jobbing meant that they lost a battle they should have won. Thanos is just as strong as Hulk and more skilled. He rope a doped him.

#34 Posted by OrdinaryAlan (6717 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnoital: Fantasy land is where people don't take context into account, like what you're doing. Did you not watch the previous scene where Thanos took on a large group of fighters, many of whom far outclass Captain America and beat them all?

#35 Edited by camilopezo (1915 posts) - - Show Bio

@hc03 said:

Worf effect =/= Jobber

Worf effect: A powerful character is defeated by another character, to show us how powerful the new character is. (Example: Goku defeating Nappa easily or Thanos's example.)

Jobber: A character fights far below his supposed capabilities. (Examples: Flash having problems with Captain Cold or Spiderman having problems with normal humans.)

Thanos from the beginning is described as someone powerful, so enemies such as abomination, Loki or Ultron are weakling compared to him.

In addition, people forget Hulk's biggest weakness, he is strong but unskilled. While Thanos and Thor are strong and skilled.

In fact, it can be argued that Thanos is the Jobber because he had problems with Captain America.

#36 Posted by Mrnoital (7972 posts) - - Show Bio

@ordinaryalan: with the gauntlet and not pure strength? Yeah I saw how Thanos has basically no strength feats of his own and used the gauntlet for everything

Avatar image for theoneabovelife
#37 Posted by TheOneAboveLife (475 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk easily

Alita is small building level at the best.

No she's city level and to be fair so is MCU Hulk. He's so weak.

Hulk was barley in IW, but still Hulk is one massive Jobber, not as bad like CW Flash, however still pretty bad.

#38 Edited by phillip33 (3935 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnoital: yes that’s the face of someone who’s analyzing and pondering why a simple human, who undoubtedly knows he has no chance of overpowering Thanos, still tries to do it regardless. If you truly think that Thanos was struggling to overpower cap there you are deluded.

Thanos wasn’t explicitly trying to kill anyone in the film unless they were a direct gateway to an infinity stone.

Hulk wasn’t jobbing when he fought Thanos. You can say that he has taken more damage than what Thanos showed in that scene, especially basing it off of thanos’ later showings in the movie, but throughout the entire movie thanos was holding back, explicitly to not just kill indiscriminately, and to preserve the randomness of the decimation. It was implied that thanos had already beaten Thor in a one on one encounter, so easily knocking out a non jobbing hulk should be pretty safely in his wheel house. I thought this was common sense by now.

OT haven’t seen Alita, but I do find it hard to believe that she can beat hulk

#39 Posted by GeorgeWBush (11592 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure how she wins this for a majority

If he hits her she’s probably done but she’s way faster than him and more agile as well. Leaning Hulk but I’m more than certain she can take a few rounds

#40 Posted by phillip33 (3935 posts) - - Show Bio

@hc03: you are wrong. Sure him getting beaten down was supposed to show the magnitude of the threat that thanos posed, and you could really try to play mental games and say that hulk was jobbing. But thanos has already been stated as the most powerful being in the universe even without the gauntlet, and thanos went through the film basically undamaged except for by storm breaker, which is very powerful, and by the accumulation of the everything he took in the movie topped off by an amped punch by tony stark, which barely managed to even draw blood.

Avatar image for theoneabovelife
#41 Posted by TheOneAboveLife (475 posts) - - Show Bio

@hc03 said:

In fact, it can be argued that Thanos is the Jobber because he had problems with Captain America.

Biggest LOL statement bro. It just amazes me how people genuinely believe Thanos struggled with Cap. I guess that means Cap can take him on in a physical fight.

Comic Vine logic = Thanos was struggling with Steve! Hear let me show you the proof!

No Caption Provided

Yeah looks like Captain America can take on Thanos all because "Steve held him back."

Thanos was holding back and humoring Cap when he was making that face.

Also do you really think that Cap can actually achieve a strength battle even after the following feats?

Jesus and I thought (CW) Oliver Queen being a planet buster was the best joke.

(CW) Oliver Queen would beat (MCU) Captain America:

His feat is much greater. My source is @subline

No Caption Provided

#42 Posted by Mrnoital (7972 posts) - - Show Bio

@phillip33: you're really claiming Thanos could have easily overpowered cap, he just failed to and gave up instead punched him

If he could have overpowered cap, then why didn't he?

And don't say he was holding back and not trying to kill him, cause you can overpower someone without killing them

Avatar image for supremegeneration
#43 Edited by SupremeGeneration (11449 posts) - - Show Bio

This Hulk lowball is kinda sad. Also, lol at anyone citing Subline as a credible source.

EDIT: Nvm the Subline thing was a joke.

#44 Posted by phillip33 (3935 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrnoital: because punching him was the most efficient way of putting him down instead of strangling him?

#45 Posted by Mrnoital (7972 posts) - - Show Bio

@phillip33: then why did he go for the strangle and fail at even wrapping his hand around cap?

#46 Posted by Linha-Fone (335 posts) - - Show Bio

All I know for sure, is that Alita will be exceptionaly motivated to beat him, if he looks like Edward Norton.

#47 Posted by APEX_pretador (19723 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk losing to Thanos isn't an anti feat for him, it's a feat for Thanos.

#48 Posted by Supermanthor (16568 posts) - - Show Bio

Do people themselves realized what they are saying ?

OT could go either way

#49 Posted by buildhare (8619 posts) - - Show Bio

Alita has no chance in any scenario. The sword doesn't have the feats to hurt him, her speed is being vastly overrated and no one in her verse is remotely approaching his physicality. She could do a good job avoiding him initially as others have but she's getting one shot in time.

#50 Posted by Daisy_Johnson (1063 posts) - - Show Bio

All I know for sure, is that Alita will be exceptionaly motivated to beat him, if he looks like Edward Norton.

No Caption Provided