Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Batman (Bruce Wayne) 

vs 

Winter Soldier   

Backstory: 

The crimelords of Gotham have made a final, desperate move to eliminate Batman once and for all. They have hired the Winter Soldier to finish off the caped crusader. Batman has heard rumors of the crimelord's plans. He has been patrolling the streets for information on his would be attacker. he is aware someone is after him but has no information on the culprit.

Character Info & Prep: 
Bucky is in his classic Winter Soldier mindset. All morals are off for him. His only goal is to eliminate Batman. He has had one week to study Batman. He is armed with a sniper rifle, twin promethium hunting knives, twin desert eagles and 10 grenades. His arm also has it's electric shock capability and he has night vision goggles. His body armor is highly durable kevlar.

Batman has his standard gear including 20 batarangs, 5 flash batarangs, 5 explosive batarangs, his grappling hook, highly durable lightweight armor (will impair most bullets at a standard range) and his cowl has night vision. 

Gotham City Hall.  Winter Soldier spots Batman on the steps of city hall. His initial sniper shot just misses Batman. He quickly locates Winter Soldier and the fight is on. They begin 100 yards apart in the streets of Gotham. It is around midnight and there are no innocent bystanders.

Who Wins?
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By texasdeathmatch

Hm, how durable is Bucky's arm? Because if he's coming after Batman, I see Bruce going straight for that arm to handicap his opponent via batarangs.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@texasdeathmatch said:
"Hm, how durable is Bucky's arm? Because if he's coming after Batman, I see Bruce going straight for that arm to handicap his opponent via batarangs. "

Batman doesn't know about his cybernetic arm.
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@Jake Fury said:
" @texasdeathmatch said:
"Hm, how durable is Bucky's arm? Because if he's coming after Batman, I see Bruce going straight for that arm to handicap his opponent via batarangs. "
Batman doesn't know about his cybernetic arm. "
But it would be exposed, right? I'm pretty sure Batman can figure out that Winter Soldier has a super strong robotic arm quickly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@texasdeathmatch:
for the sake of the OP his body armor is concealing it.
Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Chaos Prime

Nice set up :-)
Could go either way in this scenario because imo once that shot was missed the sniper rifle wont be of any use because Batman will be on full alert & closing down on the area the shot came from Flash batarangs on route to hide his movements..

texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By texasdeathmatch
@Chaos Prime said:
" Nice set up :-) Could go either way in this scenario because imo once that shot was missed the sniper rifle wont be of any use because Batman will be on full alert & closing down on the area the shot came from Flash batarangs on route to hide his movements.. "
Yeah, I'm going to go with Batman. He's just too crafty
karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By karrob

bump

FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FinalStar86

Batman

Fire-brand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Fire-brand

hmm, winter soldier. he has been observing batman for a week now and probably has figured out most of batmans methods. i really can't see batarangs getting through bucky's armor, and WS's grenades will probably come into play here. i can see bruce losing here.

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jezer

This is ridiculous in the sense that you don't even put them on even ground. 

If you said that they each had one week to study each other, it'd be different. 

However, giving Winter Soldier one week to study Batman is an obvious means of tipping it in his favor. 
Not to mention, you've established that he knows Batman's identity. He could snipe him while he's at one of his billionaire parties or leaving. 

If he misses the snipe, Batman's on alert. And Batman wins. 
If they both have a week to study each other, Batman wins. 
If he snipes Batman in the head, Batman loses. 

That's how it goes.
Avatar image for american_dragon
American Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By American Dragon

Batman,Curb Stomp

Nice Backstory BTW

American Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By American Dragon
@Jezer said:

" This is ridiculous in the sense that you don't even put them on even ground.  If you said that they each had one week to study each other, it'd be different.  However, giving Winter Soldier one week to study Batman is an obvious means of tipping it in his favor. Not to mention, you've established that he knows Batman's identity. He could snipe him while he's at one of his billionaire parties or leaving.  If he misses the snipe, Batman's on alert. And Batman wins. If they both have a week to study each other, Batman wins. If he snipes Batman in the head, Batman loses.  That's how it goes. "

IMO, The Op had to handicap Batman or else everyone would probaly go on with there usual Batman with Prep = God

But regardless Batman still takes this easily,IMO

Give the Op a little credit for a descent Backstory
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#14  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@American Dragon said:
" Batman,Curb Stomp Nice Backstory BTW "
You're going overboard.Batman isn't good enough to curbstomp Bucky.
American Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By American Dragon
@Vance Astro said:

" @American Dragon said:

You're going overboard.Batman isn't good enough to curbstomp Bucky. "
IMO, He is 

I like the Winter Soldier version of Bucky best,But this is Batman were talking about...Not to mention The location is Gotham City 

Bucky`s First mistake was taking this mission and his last mistake was missing Batman with his shot.

Game Over !!!

Batman curb stomp`s
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#16  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@American Dragon said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @American Dragon said:
IMO, He is  "
But he's not in truth.He's never done anything that would suggest he is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jezer said:
"This is ridiculous in the sense that you don't even put them on even ground.  If you said that they each had one week to study each other, it'd be different.  However, giving Winter Soldier one week to study Batman is an obvious means of tipping it in his favor. Not to mention, you've established that he knows Batman's identity. He could snipe him while he's at one of his billionaire parties or leaving.  If he misses the snipe, Batman's on alert. And Batman wins. If they both have a week to study each other, Batman wins. If he snipes Batman in the head, Batman loses.  That's how it goes. "

*Disclaimer* 

Bucky has been simply observing BATMAN in action and studying his FIGHTING STYLE. He does not know that Batman is Bruce Wayne. He doesn't know his identity. Nothing in the OP stated that.  

It's a BATTLE thread. Focus on the battle.
Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jezer

It was actually implied when you said the crimelords have made a desperate move to eliminate "Bruce Wayne". 

Either way, my thoughts are the same. That's my take on the battle. 

Add in more handicaps if too many people think Batman will be victorious. 

(And yes your backstory is good and organized really well)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jezer said:

"It was actually implied when you said the crimelords have made a desperate move to eliminate "Bruce Wayne".   

My apologies for the misleading statement. I meant Batman. I didn't mean to imply they had discovered his identity in any way.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20  Edited By Erik

I know that Batman has a specific suit tailored to electric opponents, but is his normal suit insulated against such an assault?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:
"I know that Batman has a specific suit tailored to electric opponents, but is his normal suit insulated against such an assault? "

Just for the sake of the OP lets say he isn't aware of Bucky's arm. But Ill say his suit here will give him enough protection to not be rendered unconcious by a single attack from it.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Erik
@Jake Fury said:
" @erik said:
"I know that Batman has a specific suit tailored to electric opponents, but is his normal suit insulated against such an assault? "
Just for the sake of the OP lets say he isn't aware of Bucky's arm. But Ill say his suit here will give him enough protection to not be rendered unconcious by a single attack from it. "
Hmm... Well in my opinion, that first attack is probably the only chance Bucky will have to make that attack useful. Batman will not allow himself to get hit a second time by something that powerful. I think Batman would keep his distance after the first hit so as to not allow himself to get dropped on the second blow. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik:
That's exactly what I was going for.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Erik
@Jake Fury said:
" @erik: That's exactly what I was going for. "
Nice setup by the way. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik:
Thanks. I wanted to make it interesting and not give either side too much. I don't think Bucky's prep is too extensive given he's only watching Bruce in action. I also wanted Bruce to be aware he's being followed so he's not caught completely unaware.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Erik
@Jake Fury:  
Good point. Though Bucky missing a uninterrupted shot is unlikely.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:
" @Jake Fury:  Good point. Though Bucky missing a uninterrupted shot is unlikely. "

I thought about the opening shot and couldn't decide to let him land a glancing blow or miss completely. I thought if he landed it he might get too much of an advantage.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Erik
@Jake Fury said:
" @erik said:
" @Jake Fury:  Good point. Though Bucky missing a uninterrupted shot is unlikely. "
I thought about the opening shot and couldn't decide to let him land a glancing blow or miss completely. I thought if he landed it he might get too much of an advantage. "
He would have too much of an advantage at that point. Maybe a fish could inexplicably land on the barrel of his gun just as he fires, causing the missed shot. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:
" @Jake Fury said:
" @erik said:
I thought about the opening shot and couldn't decide to let him land a glancing blow or miss completely. I thought if he landed it he might get too much of an advantage. "
He would have too much of an advantage at that point. Maybe a fish could inexplicably land on the barrel of his gun just as he fires, causing the missed shot.  "

Sounds good to me.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Erik
@Jake Fury said: 
Sounds good to me. "
Awesome. As for the battle, we have concluded that Batman will keep his distance after his initial shock so extended H2H is out for him, thus taking away his major advantage. He can distract and swoop in for a few shots here and there but his goal will be to maintain that distance. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:
" @Jake Fury said: 
Sounds good to me. "
Awesome. As for the battle, we have concluded that Batman will keep his distance after his initial shock so extended H2H is out for him, thus taking away his major advantage. He can distract and swoop in for a few shots here and there but his goal will be to maintain that distance.  "

Which also will eliminate the chances of Bucky KO'ing him since Bats won't have knowledge on the strenght of the arm. Even if its unintentional on Bruce's part.   
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Erik
@Jake Fury said:
" @erik said:
" @Jake Fury said: 
Sounds good to me. "
Awesome. As for the battle, we have concluded that Batman will keep his distance after his initial shock so extended H2H is out for him, thus taking away his major advantage. He can distract and swoop in for a few shots here and there but his goal will be to maintain that distance.  "
Which also will eliminate the chances of Bucky KO'ing him since Bats won't have knowledge on the strenght of the arm. Even if its unintentional on Bruce's part.    "
True. I think this will become a mostly distance battle with the occasional close quarter shot here and there. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erik said:
" @Jake Fury said:
" @erik said:
" @Jake Fury said: 
Sounds good to me. "
Which also will eliminate the chances of Bucky KO'ing him since Bats won't have knowledge on the strenght of the arm. Even if its unintentional on Bruce's part.    "
True. I think this will become a mostly distance battle with the occasional close quarter shot here and there.  "

Agreed.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Erik
@Jake Fury said: 
Agreed. "
In which case it goes to Batman in my opinion. Batman has much more in the way of distance weapons. Bucky does not even have additional clips for his three guns and is stuck with knives (which will easily go through Batman's armor but pretty much useless in distance fights) and grenades which I do not see Batman getting felled by. 
American Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By American Dragon

Bump

Cry Caine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Cry Caine
@American Dragon said:
" @Vance Astro said:

" @American Dragon said:

IMO, He is   I like the Winter Soldier version of Bucky best,But this is Batman were talking about...Not to mention The location is Gotham City  Bucky`s First mistake was taking this mission and his last mistake was missing Batman with his shot.  Game Over !!!  Batman curb stomp`s "
This is Batman were talking about? That's your argument?
American Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By American Dragon
@Cry Caine said:
" @American Dragon said:
" @Vance Astro said:

" @American Dragon said:

IMO, He is   I like the Winter Soldier version of Bucky best,But this is Batman were talking about...Not to mention The location is Gotham City  Bucky`s First mistake was taking this mission and his last mistake was missing Batman with his shot.  Game Over !!!  Batman curb stomp`s "
This is Batman were talking about? That's your argument? "
I will stand by what I said earlier,Batman,Curb Stomp !!!!
Cry Caine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Cry Caine
@American Dragon said:

" @Cry Caine said:

" @American Dragon said:
" @Vance Astro said:

" @American Dragon said:

This is Batman were talking about? That's your argument? "
I will stand by what I said earlier,Batman,Curb Stomp !!!! "
So in other words you aren't going to back up your opinion you will just keep restating it as if that makes it right?
American Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By American Dragon

I see, what you want is an argument,Okay here`s my scenario :

Winter Soldier Misses Batman with his sniper shot,This puts Batman on Alert,Within  a split second,Batman has located as to where his would be killer was,he`ll make his way through the nooks and crannies of Gotham City searching for his would be killer,as soon as he finds Bucky it`s as I stated ,Game Over,Batman has superior fighting abilities aswell as equipment,Batman will systematically pick Winter Soldier apart,untill he is neutralized and yes Batman has thus Curb Stomped Bucky.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#40  Edited By darktiger

no buck is not getting curbstomped by batman

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#41 frozen  Moderator

Batman.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Why do Steve Dillon's characters all have the same distinctive, ugly lips and nose?

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol I noticed that too

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@darktiger: watch the language.

Bucky wins in this set up

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah im sorry and it won't happen again but hey my friend

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

Bucky.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By reaverlation

Batman

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By dondave

Bruce

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By dondave

@darktiger: You should probably edit your initial comment so a Mod doesn't delete it.

thebustman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By thebustman

@texasdeathmatch: his arm doesnt need to be attached to bucky to work it also has superhuman reflexes and strength.The arm can discharge an EMP causing electronics to either shutdown or become useless.The arm has a holographic function to disguise it as a flesh and blood arm. so bucky would win