Batman vs Unicron

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Batman vs Unicron (148 votes)

Batman 29%
Unicron 70%

Unicron is the 1986 Animated film version, not the multiversal nonsense retconned into Transformers canon.

Batman is comics version.

Scenario:

Unicron is coming to Earth tear up its continents, which can potentially cause billions of death. Batman is the only one who can stop this because Unicron has imprisoned Superman in a red sun radiation prison inside of Unicron himself, and the rest are elsewhere fighting an intergalactic threat.

Batman however has notice of Unicron's impending arrival 1 year in advance, and he already has access to all resources and advanced technology in the Justice League watchtower besides his own regular equipment.

P.S: Batman can ask for help from Nightwing (Dick Grayson) and Red Robin (Tim Drake).

Question: Can Batman defeat or force away Unicron?

• 
mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesomedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wenjunchew: You're a troll. Nobody on Earth who knows comics thinks Batman has a chance against ION or RKT. Heck he doesn't even have a chance against Unicron.

Avatar image for albertphytagoras
Albertphytagoras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unicron still take this.

Unless Batmite decide to aid Batman.

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're a troll. Nobody on Earth who knows comics thinks Batman has a chance against ION or RKT. Heck he doesn't even have a chance against Unicron.

Batman beating Ion or RKT is based on pretty situational events and conditions. Batman would need at least a few years of prep to take down skyfather-level characters, with unlimited resources at his disposal and assumed he has the network to reach out to characters who can take on Ion or RKT but won't directly lend a hand to assist Batman.

Without that, everybody knows he can't stand a chance. Stop generalizing people as trolls when they speak the truth.

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtuske said:

Proof of Batman taking down am planetary threat by himself with no outside help.

He can't.

But that's not relevant here. In this thread he has access to Justice League resources.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

size doesn't matter for batman, he always wins with bataura

Awesomedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wenjunchew: Dude, cut that crap man, I thought Batman fanboys were extinct.

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By WenjunChew

Dude, cut that crap man, I thought Batman fanboys were extinct.

Your use of pejorative demonstrated you are obviously biased against certain characters. That is not really how a debate should go.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

Unicron does much worse.

Awesomedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wenjunchew: Dude, biased? Almost every debater said Unicron would stomp Batman, also, you shouldn't make a battle with a clear winner in mind. Bats is just terribly outclassed here.

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By WenjunChew

@awesomedude said:

Dude, biased? Almost every debater said Unicron would stomp Batman, also, you shouldn't make a battle with a clear winner in mind. Bats is just terribly outclassed here.

As in, almost every debater you noticed. There are people who agreed that Batman could at least damage Unicron. Using argument by majority, or appeal to the masses is not quite valid in debates.

@norrinboltagonprime21 said:
No Caption Provided

Unicron does much worse.

Surely you don't think Batman can't evade such a punch?

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wenjunchew: He can't dodge something that big. Whenever he does, it's another superhero saving him. If Unicron decides to do that, Bruce is paste.

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wenjunchew: That was Metroplex, he's a city sized transformer punching Megatron. Unicron is a lot bigger than Metroplex and it would be very hard to dodge an attack when Unicron's fist is about the size of Gotham.

Mr_Clockwork91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HELL to the NO! Unicron.

Awesomedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Awesomedude

@wenjunchew: Only damage, not defeat. And Unicron has Fists bigger than a City.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Jack Donaghy

If Batman is as overrated as everyone claims why is almost everyone in this thread saying he has no chance? If he had as many delusional fanboys as people claim this thread would be more split down the middle regarding who people thought would win.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Shawnbaby

@jack_donaghy said:

If Batman is as overrated as everyone claims that why is almost everyone in this thread saying he has no chance? If he had as many delusional fanboys as people claim this thread would be more split down the middle regarding who people thought would win.

25% of the people that have seen this thread thus far have voted for Batman. If you extrapolate that to the world's population that's over 1.5 billion people. That's the same amount of people that are Muslims.

Avatar image for twix_right_side
Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Batman is as overrated as everyone claims why is almost everyone in this thread saying he has no chance? If he had as many delusional fanboys as people claim this thread would be more split down the middle regarding who people thought would win.

Overrated in general on the vine.The thought of this match being made is pretty much a great example of what they mean. And being that he's pretty much the most popular comic book character,I think that it's safe to say that he has a proportional amount of fanboys that are more than most every other character's. Obviously,all of them haven't commented or voted.

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only damage, not defeat. And Unicron has Fists bigger than a City.

He can't dodge something that big. Whenever he does, it's another superhero saving him. If Unicron decides to do that, Bruce is paste.

That was Metroplex, he's a city sized transformer punching Megatron. Unicron is a lot bigger than Metroplex and it would be very hard to dodge an attack when Unicron's fist is about the size of Gotham.

Batman will simply not take on Unicron face to face. In fact if Unicron decided to smash the city that Batman is in, he would already have anticipated this move and simply teleported away (He does have Justice League resources to help him after all).

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wenjunchew: That still doesn't give Batman the win, its just delaying his death. Unless Batman by some miracle becomes a prime, he isn't defeating Unicron.

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@norrinboltagonprime21: Unicron's character statement of the Matrix of Leadership being the "only thing" that can beat him doesn't count. Word of God never really said (IIRC) that only a Transformer with the name Prime attached behind can defeat Unicron.

The movie also demonstrated that Unicron's hide isn't completely impervious to Transformers weaponry, and Batman is capable of building something more powerful than Transformers' general firepower, comparing 1984-1985 series with "modern" technology depicted in Batman comics.

Cerberus369616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is embarrassing. Batman's best plans are collaboration efforts. Where he basically acts as a field commander for the Justice League. Batman's plans for neutralizing threats are generally just that, plans for neutralization. They aren't fool proof or full proof. They can be averted, stopped and survived. Batman is what he is, a master tactician, a master at being prepared for the worst, a master detective, a master at utilizing information he has acquired a, master at ingenuity and one of the best street levelers with especially when it comes to prep and formulating a plan to use that prep. He is a threat to almost any one especially those who underestimate him but he NEVER does his most impressive feats without the JL to back him up, be it in the power department via people like Supes or the brain department with people like Cyborg or even in fields he is experienced in like The Question for detective work. Batman is an awesome character but he shines best in a support role. He isn't beating power houses like Galactus, or Unicron or Ion or any of these people you keep making threads for, regardless of prep. He doesn't have the feats for it. he has feats to prove he is a threat to those people if they underestimate him. His best solo feats against the likes of a mind controlled Superman or other similar beings are IMPRESSIVE and can't be taken from him, but that is considering he is JUST a human. He doesn't beat those level of opponents. He stalls them until he can receive aid from some one who can win the level of fight or until he reaches an alternative goal that gives the same outcome as if he had won. I do believe a lot of people on CV are quick to to call people bat fan-boys and claim trolls or similar things but its a learned response. It's an informed assumption because people create unnecessary threads like this one and it only ends up making all Batman fans look bad. If you really care about The Batman stop making threads like this that makes his fan and by extension him look bad and like the unfair character he is. It's okay for Batman to not be the best and struggle against people out of his legaue, it is part of his Human character that makes him so cool considering the challenges he is presented in where he proves himself to be an asset.

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wenjunchew: Why isn't the matrix the only thing that can beat him? Its been stated across multiple universes including G1 that the matrix is the only thing that can beat him. Why are you arguing this, its a fact.

A prime is the only thing that can beat him because a prime is the only person who can open the matrix of leadership, which is his only weakness.

Batman may be able to recreate cybertronian weapons but that won't do anything, its like a gnat to a human, it will only annoy the human and the gnat cant permanently harm the human. Batman doesn't have a way to win, plain and simple.

Wenjun_Chew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Wenjun_Chew

Why isn't the matrix the only thing that can beat him? Its been stated across multiple universes including G1 that the matrix is the only thing that can beat him. Why are you arguing this, its a fact.

A prime is the only thing that can beat him because a prime is the only person who can open the matrix of leadership, which is his only weakness.

Batman may be able to recreate cybertronian weapons but that won't do anything, its like a gnat to a human, it will only annoy the human and the gnat cant permanently harm the human. Batman doesn't have a way to win, plain and simple.

Stated by whom? Unicron himself? Character statements are not always reliable.

Speaking from an objective viewpoint, it hasn't been proven that Unicron has only one weakness. In fact, it is far from the contrary if you believe in the nonsense that there is only one Unicron across the Transformers multiverse. If you watched Transformers Energon, Galvatron overcame Unicron's possession by simply flying into the sun. If Unicron is so unstoppable no physical force or power would have stopped him, not even a sun.

Not only that, Transformers in the 1980s series have proven to be rather unintelligent. Even Optimus Prime barely have Flash's everyman intelligence. They do not know how to target an enemy's weakness and are shown to have rather poor marksmanship. Batman is unlike them, he would make best use of his limited resources by gathering Justice League resources to build a weapon that may, for example, draw energy from the sun and fire it at Unicron's weak spot, namely his eyes.

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Oni_Bane

I literally laughed for like 20 minutes straight reading this thread. can a mod please lock this, the guy is ridiculous he keeps posting non senses.

How is it these threads have survived being locked? I bet if I posted 1 DBZ thread, that $hit would be locked in minutes. Dafuq mods?

This has given me an awesome idea for a meme doe.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By ssj_god

@oni_bane:

still batman is 5% vote ahead here .. than he is in batman vs nate grey thread....

hmm .. maybe bruce was born to take on big challenges

Cerberus369616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wenjun_chew: You know a fly flew into my eye once and it hurt like crazy and I had to keep my eye shut the rest of the day cause it was irritated. Guess Fly's...or the germs that ride on flies, since in this metaphor the fly is actually a space ship, can totally overpower me if i give them enough prep time.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wenjun_chew: You know a fly flew into my eye once and it hurt like crazy and I had to keep my eye shut the rest of the day cause it was irritated. Guess Fly's...or the germs that ride on flies, since in this metaphor the fly is actually a space ship, can totally overpower me if i give them enough prep time.

yes.. a germ can overpower you if you give enough prep time .. because it will reproduce and grow in population... but i guess batman can't work like that.

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: I have seen fanboys in my day, but damn. I bet a ant with prep could beat too huh.

Cerberus369616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: lol, now all I can imagine is millions of Batmen exploding out of Unicron, rapidly multiplying

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: lol, now all I can imagine is millions of Batmen exploding out of Unicron, rapidly multiplying

XD

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god: Did you see the Harry Potter vs. Doctor Strange thread hahahahaha

@cerberus369616: hahahaha,

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oni_bane said:

@ssj_god: Did you see the Harry Potter vs. Doctor Strange thread hahahahaha

@cerberus369616: hahahaha,

no... which one?

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wenjun_chew said:

Why isn't the matrix the only thing that can beat him? Its been stated across multiple universes including G1 that the matrix is the only thing that can beat him. Why are you arguing this, its a fact.

Stated by whom? Unicron himself? Character statements are not always reliable.

Speaking from an objective viewpoint, it hasn't been proven that Unicron has only one weakness. In fact, it is far from the contrary if you believe in the nonsense that there is only one Unicron across the Transformers multiverse. If you watched Transformers Energon, Galvatron overcame Unicron's possession by simply flying into the sun. If Unicron is so unstoppable no physical force or power would have stopped him, not even a sun.

Not only that, Transformers in the 1980s series have proven to be rather unintelligent. Even Optimus Prime barely have Flash's everyman intelligence. They do not know how to target an enemy's weakness and are shown to have rather poor marksmanship. Batman is unlike them, he would make best use of his limited resources by gathering Justice League resources to build a weapon that may, for example, draw energy from the sun and fire it at Unicron's weak spot, namely his eyes.

Stated by feats actually, why else would Unicron go to extreme lengths to destroy the matrix if it wasn't the only thing that could beat him? If the matrix was gone, he would be unbeatable but with the matrix around, he isn't.

If you learned to quote or read properly, you would have seen that it has been stated across multiple universes (meaning different versions of unicron) that his common weakness was the matrix of leadership. I haven't seen all of energon but thats besides the point, we're using G1 Unicron so your point is moot.

Optimus Prime has flash intelligence?

No Caption Provided

Seriously????? And you reasoning for it is even worse. Because Optimus doesn't builds weapons of mass destruction or have Reed level of intelligence he's all of a sudden stupid? In case you've forgotten (because I'm pretty sure you did or the inner fanboy is that strong), Optimus has to lead an army in a war, he doesn't have time or resources for scientific endeavors, most of the transformers don't. Btw, I guess Batman would be considered stupid as well because he fall in those categories.

Has Batman actually built a weapon that can draw energy from the Sun and fire it at Unicron? And is Unicron going to be standing still for Batman so he can shoot accurately? Unless you can provide logical evidence or scans, Batman can't do it.

Unicron eats Earth which kills Batman, plain and simple.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@norrinboltagonprime21: @wenjun_chew: I'm going to finish wenjun_chews comment before he makes it. Batman will have planned for Unicron eating the Earth so he poisoned the whole planet killing Unicron before he eats all of earth. Ridiculous I know.

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtuske said:

@norrinboltagonprime21: @wenjun_chew: I'm going to finish wenjun_chews comment before he makes it. Batman will have planned for Unicron eating the Earth so he poisoned the whole planet killing Unicron before he eats all of earth. Ridiculous I know.

Lol, Batman would have filled the planet with Bat-Unicron repellent spray and eating it is lethal to Unicron!

Wenjun_Chew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stated by feats actually, why else would Unicron go to extreme lengths to destroy the matrix if it wasn't the only thing that could beat him? If the matrix was gone, he would be unbeatable but with the matrix around, he isn't.

If you learned to quote or read properly, you would have seen that it has been stated across multiple universes (meaning different versions of unicron) that his common weakness was the matrix of leadership. I haven't seen all of energon but thats besides the point, we're using G1 Unicron so your point is moot.

Optimus Prime has flash intelligence?

Seriously????? And you reasoning for it is even worse. Because Optimus doesn't builds weapons of mass destruction or have Reed level of intelligence he's all of a sudden stupid? In case you've forgotten (because I'm pretty sure you did or the inner fanboy is that strong), Optimus has to lead an army in a war, he doesn't have time or resources for scientific endeavors, most of the transformers don't. Btw, I guess Batman would be considered stupid as well because he fall in those categories.

Has Batman actually built a weapon that can draw energy from the Sun and fire it at Unicron? And is Unicron going to be standing still for Batman so he can shoot accurately? Unless you can provide logical evidence or scans, Batman can't do it.

Unicron eats Earth which kills Batman, plain and simple.

There could be other explanations why G1 Unicron wants the matrix and the matrix alone. How could he have known his own weakness? Either he experienced it himself or he heard some rumor or hearsay and decided not to take chances. Either way, this doesn't have anything to do with the claim that Unicron can only be defeated with the matrix. Its Unicron's own claim, and is irrelevant to the actual fact.

And G1 Unicron has been proven to be damageable by non-Matrix weapons.

Batman can't built the weapon from scratch himself, but he has access to existing resources that allows him to build one with just a bit of effort. Think of it as a typical computer geek who can't built a computer from scratch by himself, but he is able to buy different hardware components from different sources and put them together to form a computer.

BTW, G1 Unicron can't eat Earth, its too large. The best G1 Unicron can do is to tear up Earth's Moon (Size of Cybertron).

Huey_Freeman34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the OP is trying to make everyone hate Batman w/ all these mismatches, he's doing a fine job XD. What's next, Batman vs. TOAA? Batman vs. Pre-Retconned Beyonder?? How about Batman vs. the Presence???

Wenjun_Chew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Wenjun_Chew

@huey_freeman34: Aren't these threads made before? Only trolls make these kind of threads to taunt Batman fans.

Avatar image for deactivated-5aeee811636a0
deactivated-5aeee811636a0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread should be locked idk why it isn't.

Batman is ended by a stomp. Literally.

Wenjun_Chew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread should be locked idk why it isn't.

Batman is ended by a stomp. Literally.

Read my past posts explaining how Batman is a good match for Unicron.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By kyrees

@wenjun_chew said:

@huey_freeman34: Aren't these threads made before? Only trolls make these kind of threads to taunt Batman fans.

your batman vs a celestial, batman vs TTGL, batman vs WWH and etc says otherwise.

Wenjun_Chew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: Already explained that Batman vs TOAA/Living Tribunal is considered spite because of the character's omniscience.

However, for the case of Batman vs any Celestial, Batman vs TTGL, or Batman vs WWH its a vastly different case simply because none of them are close to nigh-omniscience. For the case of the Celestial, it has at best cosmic awareness.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By kyrees

@wenjun_chew: and yet those threads got locked despite your argument and none of those threads were even on flaming side. the only other reason those threads got locked is that they are a severe mismatch. did you argument even held those threads open compared to this one ? if this thread gets locked, the only premise to it is batman is severely outmanned. evidently, it hasn't at this point.

Wenjun_Chew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: Those threads were locked because the users perceived it as severe mismatch. Even then I'm not alone, if you are arguing about popular opinion. There are users I know who would agree that Batman can take out World Breaker Hulk easily for example. Also what do you mean? I did make my arguments on all the threads I made.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wenjun_chew: popular opinion mostly never swayed the mod's decision to lock threads especially if they are severe mismatches. people were flagging your other threads and they still didn't locked your other threads.

you did make your arguments in those threads but in the end, those threads were still locked by severe mismatch against batman. look at this thread now, why has this endured longer ?

Wenjun_Chew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:

popular opinion mostly never swayed the mod's decision to lock threads especially if they are severe mismatches. people were flagging your other threads and they still didn't locked your other threads.

you did make your arguments in those threads but in the end, those threads were still locked by severe mismatch against batman. look at this thread now, why has this endured longer ?

Honestly I have no idea other than popular opinion.

Unicron and arguably Nate Grey are around the level of World Breaker Hulk in terms of power level (Planetary). Yet Batman vs WBH thread gets locked, most likely because there are many fanboys of Hulk who are angered by having a thread that pits a "mere human" against their favourite god.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wenjun_chew: pick up the world breaker hulk series will ya ? it doesn't do you any good that your claim of so called fanboyism in that thread is massive enough to close said thread and that's not the only thread you created that got closed.

DB14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This Batman fan-wankery is so goddam laughable.

Wenjun_Chew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: Eh? Yes I know Batman vs Lina Inverse got locked. And guess what? Iron Man vs Lina Inverse didn't get locked. If that isn't double standards then I don't know what is. Its surprising that Batman vs Unicron didn't get locked because I know Iron Man vs Unicron is unlikely to get locked.