Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Swagga Boy

caption
caption
caption
caption
Batman gets 1 week prep for this fight the battle will take place in Gotham city.

can batman pull this one off?
Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Light

uh, batman

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By King_Saturn
Batman will beat The Thing with Prep Time
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Nighthunter

batman

Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Knightfall

With one week prep Batman can win.

The 502 Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By The 502 Kid

1 week prep in Batman's hometown this is a Batman curbstomp

EganTheVile1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 52

#7  Edited By EganTheVile1

1 week prep or not, what does Batman have that can take down Thing? he had plenty of prep time for Bane and got his back broken. It's clobberin time!

mr.superior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mr.superior

Batman can't hurt the thing, sure he could do something cleaver like get the thing to run into a lake and sink but beat him in a fight no way not even close.

Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Knightfall
mr.superior said:
"Batman can't hurt the thing, sure he could do something cleaver like get the thing to run into a lake and sink but beat him in a fight no way not even close."
With the prep Batman could easily come up with a plane to beat him. Maybe with knock gas of some sort, not to mention batman has power in his batmobile, jet, boat, etc.
EganTheVile1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 52

#10  Edited By EganTheVile1

Thing could demolish the Batmobile, Jet or boat with his bare hands, and Ben has the Fantasticar, so lets not get into vehicles

Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Knightfall
eganthevile1 said:
"Thing could demolish the Batmobile, Jet or boat with his bare hands, and Ben has the Fantasticar, so lets not get into vehicles"
Ben doesn't have prep time and he's not fast enough to get his hands on the batmobile, jet, or boat.
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By King_Saturn
Knightfall said:
"eganthevile1 said:
"Thing could demolish the Batmobile, Jet or boat with his bare hands, and Ben has the Fantasticar, so lets not get into vehicles"
Ben doesn't have prep time and he's not fast enough to get his hands on the batmobile, jet, or boat."
I think you are right on this point
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Static Shock
eganthevile1 said:
"1 week prep or not, what does Batman have that can take down Thing? he had plenty of prep time for Bane and got his back broken. It's clobberin time!"
He never prepared for Bane. He prepared to round up all of the villains that Bane let loose.
LightBright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By LightBright

Batman would win. The Thing has strength and durability, but Batman has intellect and fighting prowess.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JJ62

Wow, a lot of the viners from 4 years ago are incredibly blind and ignorant people, Thing wins effortlessly...with prep or not, what can batman do? He's just a regular guy...even with prep nothing Batman has is capable of putting Ben down, if he punches Ben his arm will break...if he kicks, his legs will snap right off. There is NO feasible way for Batman to win...DEAL WITH IT PEOPLE!!

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By spiderbuck1

@JJ62 said:

Wow, a lot of the viners from 4 years ago are incredibly blind and ignorant people, Thing wins effortlessly...with prep or not, what can batman do? He's just a regular guy...even with prep nothing Batman has is capable of putting Ben down, if he punches Ben his arm will break...if he kicks, his legs will snap right off. There is NO feasible way for Batman to win...DEAL WITH IT PEOPLE!!

Agreed.

Thing ties Bruce into a knot.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MonsterStomp

@JJ62 said:

You think Batman will still engage a H2H fight after 1 week preparation? You sir, are misinformed.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MethoKi

@JJ62 said:

Yea, Batman is a huge retard that'll just prep by fighting concrete to go up and hit Thing. What makes you think with a week's prep or random encounter, that Batman would try to fight him H2H?

Avatar image for original_human_torch
Original_Human_Torch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman gets CLOBBERED! Ben is no idiot, he's a former soldier and pilot. You can NOT be stupid and become a pilot, trust me. Besides, he's been hanging out with Reed for so long, he's bound to have had some of Reed's "smarts" rub off on him.

BEN GRIMM ftw.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By JJ62

@Batman242:

Name a gadget that Batman has that could do anything more than mildly annoy Thing...seriously, even if it's not hand to hand nothing that Batman has can even hurt Thing at all. He's talked up real big because he beat Superman, but that's really not hard to do when the guy tells you his every weakness and when he has a specific weakness like a a green rock, Thing has no such weakness. If Superman didnt have a weakness to Kryptonite than Bats would NEVER...EVER beat him... dude can barely beat Croc with prep, so how's he going to beat someone 10 times stronger and who is waaayy more durable than Croc?

Batman is talked up like a real bad*** because he beat Supes, but considering that anyone in possession of Kryptonite could concievably beat Superman, it's not that impressive.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By renamed040924

@JJ62 said:

@Batman242:

Name a gadget that Batman has that could do anything more than mildly annoy Thing...seriously, even if it's not hand to hand nothing that Batman has can even hurt Thing at all. He's talked up real big because he beat Superman, but that's really not hard to do when the guy tells you his every weakness and when he has a specific weakness like a a green rock, Thing has no such weakness. If Superman didnt have a weakness to Kryptonite than Bats would NEVER...EVER beat him... dude can barely beat Croc with prep, so how's he going to beat someone 10 times stronger and who is waaayy more durable than Croc?

Batman is talked up like a real bad*** because he beat Supes, but considering that anyone in possession of Kryptonite could concievably beat Superman, it's not that impressive.

Batman never actually beat Superman, that's misinformation.

However, I do believe that, with prep and in his home town, Batman can conceivably think up a way to capture/subdue the Thing.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JJ62

@nickzambuto:

I know that, it was only in F.Millerverse if I remember correctly. But people still use that as a valid feat, so I have to argue against it. But still can anyone name a feat where Batman has beaten anyone even close to Thing.

Qpzmg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Qpzmg

Batman.

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Bane_of_sith

So how does batman win this?? Everyone just keeps saying prep but how about an example,,the prep argument is getting old.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MethoKi

@JJ62:

1. There were like 3 of us who quoted you. You only came to reply to me, I guess you feel my reply was the most absurd.

2. You make it seem like Batman is going to fight him H2H. Why would Batman do that? He isn't just using some device he always brings with him in his utility belt either. They guy has a wwek to actually prepare for the Thing.

3.You really think it's because he beat Superman? Okay, he beat Superman. I truly don't see that much of a deal about it since the guy has two obvious weaknesses; Kryptonite and his character. I see his plans to take out the entire Justice League is a way better example to show how great Batman is with prep. Although his plan on Wonder Woman was kinda lazy....

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By JJ62

@Bane_of_sith said:

So how does batman win this?? Everyone just keeps saying prep but how about an example,,the prep argument is getting old.

Exactly, someone show me a feat where Batman has defeated anyone anywhere near Thing's level.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By JJ62

@Batman242 said:

@JJ62:

1. There were like 3 of us who quoted you. You only came to reply to me, I guess you feel my reply was the most absurd.

2. You make it seem like Batman is going to fight him H2H. Why would Batman do that? He isn't just using some device he always brings with him in his utility belt either. They guy has a wwek to actually prepare for the Thing.

3.You really think it's because he beat Superman? Okay, he beat Superman. I truly don't see that much of a deal about it since the guy has two obvious weaknesses; Kryptonite and his character. I see his plans to take out the entire Justice League is a way better example to show how great Batman is with prep. Although his plan on Wonder Woman was kinda lazy....

Batman never actually beat the whole JLA, that was only theoretical. He would never be able to actually pull it off...No, I dont think Bats would fight h2h right away...but he can't just run away the whole time..running away can't be considered a win. Honestly, tell me of a device that Batman has that could even hurt Thing at all. Tell me of a prep feat where he has beaten anyone even near Thing's level. No device that Batman has would do anything to hurt Thing, nothing Batman can come up with is capable of putting Ben down...

Deal with it...

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MethoKi

@JJ62 said:

@Batman242 said:

@JJ62:

Batman never actually beat the whole JLA, that was only theoretical. He would never be able to actually pull it off...No, I dont think Bats would fight h2h right away...but he can't just run away the whole time..running away can't be considered a win. Honestly, tell me of a device that Batman has that could even hurt Thing at all. Tell me of a prep feat where he has beaten anyone even near Thing's level. No device that Batman has would do anything to hurt Thing, nothing Batman can come up with is capable of putting Ben down...

Deal with it...

I never said he took them down, you misread what I said. Look at what I put bold and underlined. Batman has beaten Solomon Grundy and Darkseid. But hey, it was only cause of prep. Or his plan to immobilize Darkseid and get kidnapped actually worked. He wasn't trying to beat him. Yea, Grundy and Darkseid. What makes you doubt that with a week of prep he can't do it? I'm honestly not giving it to Batman, but you're underestimating how good he is with prep.

And if you think I'm one of those who says he always wins with prep, don't go there.

I don't see a reason on why he can't do something like use the Bat-jet or put the guy in water....

Esquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Esquire

@JJ62 said:

@nickzambuto:

I know that, it was only in F.Millerverse if I remember correctly. But people still use that as a valid feat, so I have to argue against it. But still can anyone name a feat where Batman has beaten anyone even close to Thing.

Batman beat an Amazo in a random encounter. Admittedly he had Nightwing's help, but that's still a heck of a feat.

weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By weaponxx

Can Ben Swim? Knockout gas? Not cannon but he did put a hurting on the Hulk..

MzombieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MzombieX

@MonsterStomp said:

@JJ62 said:

You think Batman will still engage a H2H fight after 1 week preparation? You sir, are misinformed.

@Original_Human_Torch said:

Batman gets CLOBBERED! Ben is no idiot, he's a former soldier and pilot. You can NOT be stupid and become a pilot, trust me. Besides, he's been hanging out with Reed for so long, he's bound to have had some of Reed's "smarts" rub off on him.

BEN GRIMM ftw.

Agreed with MonsterStomp.

I also agree that Ben is no idiot. In this situation though, the OP unfortunately has Ben at a serious disadvantage. He gets no prep whatsoever. He doesn't see it coming because Bruce has been preparing for this by tracing Ben's steps. It wouldn't be difficult for someone like Bruce, who has access to the tech & skill in this area at his disposal. Especially considering the Thing is a very well known hero in the public eye. "The Ever Lovin' Idol Of Millions"

It's not so much about defeating Ben straight up. Wayne wants no part of Grimm in a situation like that. It's about blindsiding him. More than likely the end result is about incapacitating or restraining him in some fashion. Something along the lines an organization like S.H.I.E.L.D. might implement, if they were forcing a situation to bring Thing in for questioning.

He could wait until Ben is alone. Perhaps late at night, walking back from a pub on Yancy street ... after a few drinks. Bruce could have any number of traps in place to manipulate the outcome. Some modified version of Scarecrow's fear toxin to start things off, could be an example to get the ball rolling.

Of course nothing is 100% & not everything may go as planned. The situation could take an unforeseen turn that Bruce might not have calculated for but ...

The key point is that Batman has options here, while Thing does not. In any other situation Bruce gets absolutely crushed.

That's just my view on it.

RulkFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By RulkFTW

Batman would easily beat Thing with prep.

WALLCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The goddamn batman

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#35 god_spawn  Moderator

@maniac1997: Cut it out with the insults, please.

And what facts, really? Batman isn't stupid enough to face him head on. In a random encounter I would agree Thing clobbers him, but Bruce with a week of prep and home town advantage, he can take this. He typically carries things like knock out gas on his person anyway and Thing isn't immune to that stuff.

crest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

a week of prep makes it interesting

i will counter the bat jet tho bats will need much more as the jet will just make ben mad and a mad ben will bring down the jet at some point simply by tossing lightposts and cars at it untill he gets a hit

bringing down the bat jet is cannon as it has been done before. As far as water goes its not so much getting ben into water as keeping him there, Hes unlikely to go far from land on a boat, and its hard to see bats putting him in a container he cant smash his way out of

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

when batman returned to gotham he made a suite that had the justice leagues powers,during a fight a nuke was fired and batman pulled a suit from the batmobile flew out and redirected it. he has taking down the justice league, in the recent superman unchained he made a suit that superman could not detect with all his powers. BATMAN STOMPS give him 2 days prep and it's a debate.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By dondave

Batman

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

when batman returned to gotham he made a suite that had the justice leagues powers,during a fight a nuke was fired and batman pulled a suit from the batmobile flew out and redirected it. he has taking down the justice league, in the recent superman unchained he made a suit that superman could not detect with all his powers. BATMAN STOMPS give him 2 days prep and it's a debate.

It took him years to make the suit seen in Superman Unchained

Maniac1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: my bad for being a child about that but so knockout gas would win bats this fight? cut it out thing is class 100+ strength has survived nukes no way bat even gets away let alone wins

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#41 god_spawn  Moderator

@maniac1997: yes...because the thing isn't immune to knock out gas. I'm not sure what taking nukes exactly has to do with anything. You're basically assuming batman after having a week to study and prepare for the thing is stupid enough for a direct confrontation.

Maniac1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18: batman has NEVER tooken down the justice leauge come on fanboy batman only kept them all busy for a while and none of them saw it comin in a real life situation any main member of the justice leauge one shots batman

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@maniac1997: with prep his plans were used to take them down all of which would have worked,when it comes to batman yea i am a fan, you seem like more of a fanboy than me with that silver surfer avatar, which if i remember mainly resides in the fantastic four.

Avatar image for the_last_kryptonian
the_last_kryptonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is what batman does with prep.

No Caption Provided

R.I.P. Thing

Maniac1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18: batman gets one shot what can he possibly do to kill or ko thing? tell me exactly instead of keep stating batman has prep so he'll win come on you are pathetic

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@maniac1997: beat his ass to a rocky pulp with these, or just bfr him it's to easy

visemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is what batman does with prep.

No Caption Provided

R.I.P. Thing

LMAO...This is perhaps th BEST thing I have EVER seen LOL :D

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give an example of what he could actually do with that prep time to hurt thing.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#49  Edited By Bezza

This is an interesting one. People naturally go for Batman, but Thing is a very durable character with no outright weaknesses. He isn't particularly fast but needs just one shot to turn Batman into mush. Exactly how Batman takes him down I'm not entirely sure, but he will find a way! As I see it the Thing has no particular healing factor or immunity to gas/toxins etc. This is the area that Batman will concentrate on.

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bats ftw