Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

The Legendary Mercenary

No Caption Provided

The Dark Knight

Round 1: Random encounter with standard equipment and morals on for both. Batman is New 52 and Snake is what he was during MGS2.

Round 2: Solid Snake gets his MGS4 gear but is in his prime and Batman is Post-Crisis.

Round 3: Composite versions for both. Both get one hour of prep time.

Round 4: Both get two weeks of prep time.

Round 5: Snake gets Metal Gear Rex and Batman gets the Justice Buster or Insider suit

Round 6: Batman has his Arkham feats and Snake has his MGS1 feats.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By The_Hajduk

Snake stomps all rounds. His win-loss record has always included much more powerful opponents. He’s tougher than Batman, and his gear is better. Also his overpowered sneaking abilities make Batman’s look pitiful.

Batman is close in most areas but he doesn’t have any definitive advantages.

WordWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snake.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e39f5412273b
deactivated-5e39f5412273b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

SmoothSanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman all rounds.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: lol batman has beaten darkseid and amazo and has taken on the whole jla on several occasions he routinely spars with wonder woman i don't think snake is stomping anyone

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman stomps all rounds. He's faster, stronger, more skilled, more durable, and smarter.

There is literally zero advantage Snake has except *maybe* his willingness to kill. And that certainly isn't enough.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bruce stomps 3.4,5 and one and 2 could go either way

Lenzo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lenzo-

Batman stomps. And with prep, even worse. Snake is a formidable solider don't get me wrong, but Batman is on another league. A lot faster, stronger, smarter and more skilled in H2H.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: he didn't have prep before the fight amazo attacked the watchtower and bruce was the only one home and he thought it would be an easy win and gave bruce a few seconds i mean he was chasing him and blowing things up behind him but had no urgency he didn't think bruce could do anything then he realized that he couldn't track bruce signature any more and was like ok this isn't fun any more and started trying but by then it was to late and that was literally a few seconds during the fight not before and he fought the justice league in a flashback when he entered there base and none of them knew him yet and he was able to take on all of them but superman and manhunter for several minutes.

there is a reason that all of the jla members have stated bruce is the most dangerous one he is easy to underestimate and if you give him the slightest chance to beat you you usually have already lost

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By comic_book_fan

@eredin12 said:

Lol at Batman being faster or stronger, he has almost no bullet timing feats, to begin with, he is not capable of moving much faster than a bullet or moving so fast that rain is frozen in time, not even Cassandra Cain can do that and she can blitz Bruce, hell Old Snakes rail gun feat is far above Bruce as well

Also, lmao at some fanboys using fact that Bruce beat Darkseid( never happend, he got stomped or thigns like that as evidence)

i don't know snake's best feats in stats i just know there not better than wonder woman or superman

snake was already running from the bullets in the scan you showed bruce has plenty of feats on this level.

batman has defeated darkseid on 3 separate occasions and by defeat i mean went to darkseid wanting something fought him and got what he wanted not necessary leaving darkseid laying but achieved his goal while darkseid was trying to stop him.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: our disagreement is you say snake stomps without prep i said it could go either way bruce might be a little slower i would have to see more from snake than what i have seen but it's been years since i played the games and judging by raiden i would say snake may be a little faster and stronger but bruce has beaten stronger than snake without prep in dirrect h2h and faster opponets and i don't think snake is as skilled as bruce.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just did an edit with a 6th round

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman stomps all rounds. He's faster, stronger, more skilled, more durable, and smarter.

There is literally zero advantage Snake has except *maybe* his willingness to kill. And that certainly isn't enough.

Snake has an almost perfect win-loss record in his verse. He’s actually beaten every other protagonist in the series. That’s Big Boss, Raiden, and Venom. These are not average opponents, these are protagonists who have their own entire games where they all perform impossible missions and eventually beat a whole team of superhumans. You can make a thread on any of these three guys vs Batman and they have the feats to go tit for tat. But Solid Snake is the one who actually defeated all three of them. Not sure if Bats has defeated any protagonist level fighters.

Killmonger101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snake stomps every round without prep. Batman is not on his level physically. Snake could one shot Batman and he outspeeds him to boot. He also has comparable fighting skills and standard equipment.

Avatar image for superiorsgbeast
SuperiorSGBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snake stomps

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk:

@jmarshmallow said:

Snake has an almost perfect win-loss record in his verse. He’s actually beaten every other protagonist in the series. That’s Big Boss, Raiden, and Venom. These are not average opponents, these are protagonists who have their own entire games where they all perform impossible missions and eventually beat a whole team of superhumans. You can make a thread on any of these three guys vs Batman and they have the feats to go tit for tat. But Solid Snake is the one who actually defeated all three of them. Not sure if Bats has defeated any protagonist level fighters.

Jesus beating powerful protagonist who carry there own series is the bulk of what bruce does.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comic_book_fan: lmao who do you mean? I can only think of Green Arrow but he isn’t that good in martial arts in the comics.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: he has beaten superman flash wonder woman martian manhunter aquaman

he has beaten every skilled opponent in his universe too karate kid deathstroke lady shiva bronze tiger literally everyone at one point or another

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

You can’t use a motion comic for a legit speed feat lmao.

Also from what I’ve seen Liquid “tanking missiles” is no different than Big Smoke tanking loads and loads of gunfire, it’s just boss battle gameplay.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can’t use a motion comic for a legit speed feat lmao.

Also from what I’ve seen Liquid “tanking missiles” is no different than Big Smoke tanking loads and loads of gunfire, it’s just boss battle gameplay.

The difference is that Big Smoke took gunfire and died. Liquid Snake took missiles and he was still fine and you need to have another boss fight with him. So at the lowball we can assume he had to withstand at least 1 missile.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Snake knows CQC. Batman doesn't. GG no re.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Round 4-6 are Batman’s

Round 1-3 could go either way.

El_mago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By El_mago

r1: snake

r2 to r5: batman lolstomps

round 6: could go either way

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@the_hajduk: I just looked up the comic. One stinger missile was all it took to take down Rex (after Fox threw his sword into its guidance system). I don’t see how this is a lowball when it’s literally the story without gameplay.

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: lol he isn’t winning all rounds. He’ll bat stomps snake. Only round I see him winning is with no prep

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: All of those "protagonists" would lose to Bats as well.

Bruce has outdone Wonder Woman while sparring, has beaten Aquaman in H2H, has outsped Kid Flash, etc.

Being able to match/beat Justice League members is superior to anything Snake has done.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman

This has already been extensively debated before.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: You realize that Batman has causally deflected bullets from a sub-machine at point blank with his wrist, disappeared in front of a police officer who was staring directly at him with his gun trained on him from a couple of feet away, and very casually dodged multiple missiles from Calendar Man who was wielding a missile launcher in both hands at close quarter and then in the middle of dodging this barrage of missiles Batman was able to disappear from his line of sight and take him out from behind. Batman has several speed and reaction feats that vastly supersede a lot of the feats you mentioned.

JJGlanton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman wins all rounds.

Batman2020x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman wins.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12:

I see that Comic Vine is still plagued with rabid Metal Gear fanboys.

1) No one claimed that Batman has supersonic reaction time which is what it would actually take to "really" bullets. Clearly Batman telegraphed the trajectory of the gunfire and put his arm up to block. Telegraphing while not as impressive as "really" dodging bullets is still very very impressive nonetheless. Human Raiden is not in this debate, so trying to scale Snake's speed off of a feat that Human Raiden performed is going to help your case unless you can show Snake performing a comparable feat. Beating an Human Raiden doesn't necessitate that Snake is faster than him. Batman has tagged and defeated characters faster than both Human Raiden and Snake like Deathstroke in close quarters combat, but that doesn't mean that he is faster than Deathstroke who has enhanced physical stats. This just means that Batman has an advantage like his superior martial arts prowess and intelligence that allows him to compensate for Deathstroke's enhanced physical stats. The same can be said for Snake who doesn't have speed or reaction time feats anywhere close to deflecting bullets with a katana.

2) No one is claiming that Batman is supersonic, and he doesn't need to be to beat Snake either. John Wick has never disappeared in front of someone looking directly at him with a gun trained on him from a few feet away in a open hallway, and I like to see the equivalent from CW Deathstroke since I am not really familiar with the Green Arrow television series.

3) Evidence that Calendar Man missed? Rocket Launchers can propel munitions out around 294 meters per second, and Calendar Man was wield two of them at the same time. The point is that Batman had no trouble dodging a barrage from Calendar at close range and disappearing in front of him while basically at point-blank range. Where is Snake comparable feat because anyone can just sit around and downplay feats?

4) You didn't post anything remotely impressive for Snake speed-wise!

Being able to run and push someone out of the way of turret fire from Mech is essentially a standard action hero troupe that can be found any piece of fiction ranging from movies, television shows, video games, books, comic books, and more where munitions and technology are involved.

Ocelot did not shoot lightning out of the air. The fact that you think he did is proof of your rabid Metal Gear fanboyism since metal can conduct electricity and there is not a shred of evidence to support the claim that Volgin's synthetic electrical discharges can move a fraction of a fraction of the speed of lightning that occurs during a lightning storm.

Batman has no problem punching through missile proof glass so I don't see why he wouldn't be able to hurt Volgin and Quiet either.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Added a 7th and final round.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eredin12: All right then, should I delete round 5 as well and replace Hellbat with Justice Buster?

Edited a few things, should be better