Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

Rules:

• DCEU/2009 versions.
  • Begin twenty feet apart in Ozymandias' lair.
  • Win by death or knockout.

Batman:

No Caption Provided

vs

Nite-Owl II & Rorschach:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Round One: Unarmed combat in costume.

Round Two: Standard gear.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman wrecks.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Obviously Batman

TheDeathstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Batman

Avatar image for eatmore_payless
eatmore_payless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bats

BobLeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Team

Round 2: Batman

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman stomps.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00
deactivated-5b2121a0a9a00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rogueshadow  Moderator

I don't see this as a stomp at all, round one particularly. Batman hasn't been shown to be able to simultaneously defend against two characters with this level of skill yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The duo stomp.

TwentyGoodMen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not seeing how Batman stomps them...

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see this as a stomp at all, round one particularly. Batman hasn't been shown to be able to simultaneously defend against two characters with this level of skill yet.

They don't have that much skill. Mostly stats. I don't think Ozy is superior to Batman for beating them.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@highaccuser said:
@rogueshadow said:

They don't have that much skill. Mostly stats. I don't think Ozy is superior to Batman for beating them.

I've actually said Batman can beat Ozy in h2h in the past, but I've changed my mind, I don't think he would at all. Both Nite-Owl and Rorschach have better skill and stats than anybody Batman has fought, barring Superman, obviously.

Together they can without a doubt replicate his feat of fighting those four mercenaries at once, which is his best h2h feat. Rorschach was taking on several police officers at a time singlehandedly and only got overwhelmed when he started beating on one guy savagely. Even in civvies Nite-Owl could easily take out multiple men at once, and his striking power was such that his punches were launching men through the air.

Ozymandias was making a fool out of them both at the same time like it was nothing. That's enough to put him above Batman in melee.

Now, I actually suspect in hindsight those mercs will actually be seen as extremely skilled for how well they performed against him, but that isn't the case yet, that's just speculation.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow:

I've actually said Batman can beat Ozy in h2h in the past, but I've changed my mind, I don't think he would at all. Both Nite-Owl and Rorschach have better skill and stats than anybody Batman has fought, barring Superman, obviously.

I assume Batman's fought Killer Croc who's much stronger than either of them, but to be fair I can't remember if that was ever stated.

Together they can without a doubt replicate his feat of fighting those four mercenaries at once, which is his best h2h feat. Rorschach was taking on several police officers at a time singlehandedly and only got overwhelmed when he started beating on one guy savagely. Even in civvies Nite-Owl could easily take out multiple men at once, and his striking power was such that his punches were launching men through the air.

It would be much easier for two people to perform that feat than one so I don't see how that scales. Rorschach mainly threw around the cops with strength and used improvised weapons. Nite Owl also showed good stats and striking power, but little skill. I don't see how they could beat a skilled opponent who's their physical peer let alone superior.

Ozymandias was making a fool out of them both at the same time like it was nothing. That's enough to put him above Batman in melee.

No. Batman broke metal and actually showed skill. Ozy did neither of those.

Now, I actually suspect in hindsight those mercs will actually be seen as extremely skilled for how well they performed against him, but that isn't the case yet, that's just speculation.

Didn't one of them straight up shoot Batman's grappling hook? That's very high skill for fodder. Rorschach still lost to a group of cops.

xtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watchmen team both rounds.

ZBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unarmed could go either way. R2 might go to Batfleck.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow:

I assume Batman's fought Killer Croc who's much stronger than either of them, but to be fair I can't remember if that was ever stated.

It would be much easier for two people to perform that feat than one so I don't see how that scales. Rorschach mainly threw around the cops with strength and used improvised weapons. Nite Owl also showed good stats and striking power, but little skill. I don't see how they could beat a skilled opponent who's their physical peer let alone superior.

No. Batman broke metal and actually showed skill. Ozy did neither of those.

Didn't one of them straight up shoot Batman's grappling hook? That's very high skill for fodder. Rorschach still lost to a group of cops.

• How he caught Killer Croc is never shown or stated, he could have tranqed him from stealth for all we know.
  • My point is that Batman's best pure h2h feat doesn't put him beyond them in any way, shape or form.
  • Rewatch the fight, in the final part of it, Rorschach was fighting in pure h2h and winning against waves of several cops at a time, he only lost when he started savagely beating on one guy and the others jump him while he did.
  • Ozy never showed skill? He was fighting Nite Owl and Rorschach simultaneously, casually beating the snot out of two former superheroes who can both singlehandedly demolish several men at a time is better than fighting four mercs simultaneously.
  • I think DCEU Batman is underrated, but shooting Batman's grapnel gun isn't that impressive.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Nite Owl solos, (H2H at least,) the duo stomp.

Avatar image for man_of_miracles
Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Man_of_Miracles

The duo should take this I could argue Nite Owl II alone could split with him 5/5 in h2h based on their feats.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rogueshadow  Moderator

@lubub55 said:

Nite Owl solos, (H2H at least,) the duo stomp.

No way do I see Nite Owl soloing. Reasons?

Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: I mean by feats he has comparable striking strength, possibly equal skill (he was never even touched until he fought Ozy), and insane durability considering Ozy kicked him several meters and he wasnt noticeably harmed.

By pure h2h feats they are easily comparable.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow: I mean by feats he has comparable striking strength, possibly equal skill (he was never even touched until he fought Ozy), and insane durability considering Ozy kicked him several meters and he wasnt noticeably harmed.

By pure h2h feats they are easily comparable.

Nite Owl didn't pull anything like this off against legitimate professional mercenaries:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He has the stats to contend, but Bruce is more skilled. But if you Rorschach into the mix I think you have a fight.

Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow:

1) Let's stop this misinformation about "legitimate professional mercenaries". They are fodder, there is nothing to say they have any significant leg up on any other fodder. They have no feats other than getting murdered by Bruce. And from a striking standpoint Nite Owl definitely has feats like that. The only difference really is that he fought less fodder, but not much less and he didn't get tagged.

2) I'd be inclined to say Bruce has the skill edge. However Bruce was tagged a lot in that fight and Nite Owl never got tagged by fodder at all.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow:

1) Let's stop this misinformation about "legitimate professional mercenaries". They are fodder, there is nothing to say they have any significant leg up on any other fodder. They have no feats other than getting murdered by Bruce. And from a striking standpoint Nite Owl definitely has feats like that. The only difference really is that he fought less fodder, but not much less and he didn't get tagged.

2) I'd be inclined to say Bruce has the skill edge. However Bruce was tagged a lot in that fight and Nite Owl never got tagged by fodder at all.

The fact that they are professional mercenaries immediately puts them over street thugs and prison inmates. Nite Owl has also never fought that many people simultaneously either. I was explicitly referencing skill, I said Nite Owl has the stats to contend. Bruce isn't truly tagged once in the above gifs, allowing a glancing, ineffectual blow to land is a common tactic in armoured combat.

Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow:

1) It really doesn't. Maybe all the street thugs are ex-Navy Seals, maybe the trained mercenaries only received girl scout training. The point is we dont know and without any feats outside of getting stomped by Bruce, we can't say they have more skilled than the average fodder. At least not to a degree that would make a difference.

2) I already said Nite Owl hadn't fought as many. But he also never got tagged by fodder.

You say it's a typical tactic in armored combat, but real world tactics don't mean much here. Not to mention Bruce got tagged multiple times in that fight and it was significant, including getting stabbed and shot in the head from point blank range.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow:

1) It really doesn't. Maybe all the street thugs are ex-Navy Seals, maybe the trained mercenaries only received girl scout training. The point is we dont know and without any feats outside of getting stomped by Bruce, we can't say they have more skilled than the average fodder. At least not to a degree that would make a difference.

2) I already said Nite Owl hadn't fought as many. But he also never got tagged by fodder.

You say it's a typical tactic in armored combat, but real world tactics don't mean much here. Not to mention Bruce got tagged multiple times in that fight and it was significant, including getting stabbed and shot in the head from point blank range.

• If one character fights X amount of ninja/soldiers/mercenaries etc. and another fights the same amount of street thugs, I'm gonna take the former feat as more impressive. It's just that simple for me.
  • In terms of melee, I only recall Bruce being tagged as a product of beating on a guy, much like Rorschach, which resulted in him getting shot and then stabbed. Nite Owl has never navigated a situation a fraction as difficult as the warehouse scene, I don't hold the fact Batman was tagged against him. Beating a maximum of two street thugs at a time isn't comparable to what Batman has done.
  • I don't see why real world tactics and skill wouldn't matter in a fight.
Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow:

1) You can think of it that way of you want, however since they have no feats at all of their own, any difference is negligible.

2) There fact is Bruce got tagged multiple times,quite significantly, multiple times while fighting fodder. Nite Owl never faced only two thugs, why make stuff up?

Because Bruce getting tagged has nothing to do with real world tactics. He got tagged in the movie because he wasnt good enough not to get tagged. It's choreographed, if the choreographer wanted to show he was good enough not to get tagged they would. You can't just dismiss him getting tagged in his fight.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@man_of_miracles said:

@rogueshadow:

1) You can think of it that way of you want, however since they have no feats at all of their own, any difference is negligible.

2) There fact is Bruce got tagged multiple times,quite significantly, multiple times while fighting fodder. Nite Owl never faced only two thugs, why make stuff up?

Because Bruce getting tagged has nothing to do with real world tactics. He got tagged in the movie because he wasnt good enough not to get tagged. It's choreographed, if the choreographer wanted to show he was good enough not to get tagged they would. You can't just dismiss him getting tagged in his fight.

• I'm not making up anything, perhaps I'm misremembering, but when you look at the most thugs he actually fought at once, he only ever engaged with two at a time.
  • In melee, he was tagged once in a glancing blow on the neck which had zero effects. This is a common tactic in armour use. If a knight wears plate armour, he won't bother blocking a glancing blow to the chest from a knife, it's a waste of time, focus and energy.
mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Batman, but barely. Nite Owl gives him a run for his money.

Round 2: Batman in a heartbeat.

pobby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By pobby

Batman fought too much outer word led beings to lose to these guys, hate to be a jerk lol

The_Gaurdian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman claps them both now. You could add Comedian and he still walks all over them