• 75 results
Blackbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Blackbird

I honestly think this battle would be a hard call. Batman vs Nightwing... on one hand Batman has more experence not to mention he trained Nightwing, but then again, Nightwing's younger and he does have some skills the Batman doesn't.

Honestly, I would think they'd just wear each other out... but that's just my own small and ignorant opion, what does everyone eles think?

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Forever

I think that Batman would win. I think Batman has everything over Nightwing except for agility. I haven't seen Nightwing put up the same level of feats that I have seen from Batman and in fact up until very recently, every time I saw Nightwing, he was getting his butt kicked. I could be wrong though. I don't follow Nightwing that closely.

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Sync

Im not a big fan of the bat famliy fights, they really never do those things.

But for the sake of it?! This the same of the batman vs robin almost.

The problem here is experince both fighters have it, as much as nightwing as grown and learn, it may be safe to say or considner that batman has grown and learned too. He thought robin/nightwing what he knew, so he can easliy counter it.

There has only been one robin that took bats down, and thats questionable..jason todd.

Now jason did this by cover and waiting, but did it. If dick is able to act like that than he may do it.

he grows toe to toe with bats and stalemates some what. yet when he fights nightwing loses and gets beat somewhat.(go figure

In DKR both of them, batman chooses to throw him and a insane dick(nightwing) down a hole in the batcave, and both die than kill him outright.

In the bane series, dick told batman why didnt you choose me, and batman, said dick was always his 1st choice both did not think dick wanted it, and dick replied he would have been honor, and it mends things between them.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Sync says:

"Im not a big fan of the bat famliy fights, they really never do those things. But for the sake of it?! This the same of the batman vs robin almost. The problem here is experince both fighters have it, as much as nightwing as grown and learn, it may be safe to say or considner that batman has grown and learned too. He thought robin/nightwing what he knew, so he can easliy counter it. There has only been one robin that took bats down, and thats questionable..jason todd. Now jason did this by cover and waiting, but did it. If dick is able to act like that than he may do it. he grows toe to toe with bats and stalemates some what. yet when he fights nightwing loses and gets beat somewhat.(go figure In DKR both of them, batman chooses to throw him and a insane dick(nightwing) down a hole in the batcave, and both die than kill him outright. In the bane series, dick told batman why didnt you choose me, and batman, said dick was always his 1st choice both did not think dick wanted it, and dick replied he would have been honor, and it mends things between them. "

Did you pick a winner or our ya gonna bore us to death?

winner: Batman

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sync

Lord Gambler says:

"Sync says:
"Im not a big fan of the bat famliy fights, they really never do those things. But for the sake of it?! This the same of the batman vs robin almost. The problem here is experince both fighters have it, as much as nightwing as grown and learn, it may be safe to say or considner that batman has grown and learned too. He thought robin/nightwing what he knew, so he can easliy counter it. There has only been one robin that took bats down, and thats questionable..jason todd. Now jason did this by cover and waiting, but did it. If dick is able to act like that than he may do it. he grows toe to toe with bats and stalemates some what. yet when he fights nightwing loses and gets beat somewhat.(go figure In DKR both of them, batman chooses to throw him and a insane dick(nightwing) down a hole in the batcave, and both die than kill him outright. In the bane series, dick told batman why didnt you choose me, and batman, said dick was always his 1st choice both did not think dick wanted it, and dick replied he would have been honor, and it mends things between them. "
Did you pick a winner or our ya gonna bore us to death? winner: Batman"

hmmmmm how about nightwing

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Care to explain how?

Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By Spectrum

Batman. He trained Nightwing so he knows all his moves and his tecniques

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Ghostshell

spectrum says:

"Batman. He trained Nightwing so he knows all his moves and his tecniques"

Exactly.

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sync

Lord Gambler says:

"Care to explain how?"

Well at 1st i was being funny when i said nightwing.

What i going to say is base off things in the comic and (theroy)

Red hood/2nd robin was able to screw batman up, BIGTIME.

Batman qutoed that jason knew him and hes setups and ops just as good as the rest of the bat gang.

Nightwing was around longer than dick and knows the setups and ops better and more than todd, not by much but knows.

Now when red hood(jason todd) 2nd robin, fought nightwing(dick grayson) ist robin, he was beating nightwing badly, later it was expalined that nightwing was holding back, by a guy who life was anlazing fights and power levels.

If nightwing(dick grayson) 1st robin, is better than todd and todd tooke down batman, in theroy he should well than be able to do it.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Final Arrow

Im a big nightwing fan , But take in to the account , that Nightwing tried to fight BAtman in the fugitve arch, Batman avaded all his attacks and beat him with out a punch.

He made him puch Jason todds custome and Dick froze as batman walked away.

If Batman does not defeat nightwing by fighting he would defeat him in another way,

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Forever

last_Arrow says:

"Im a big nightwing fan , But take in to the account , that Nightwing tried to fight BAtman in the fugitve arch, Batman avaded all his attacks and beat him with out a punch. He made him puch Jason todds custome and Dick froze as batman walked away. If Batman does not defeat nightwing by fighting he would defeat him in another way, "

I'm with you Last Arrow. One of Batman's weapons is psychology and I don't think that Nightwing would be able to deal with the buttons Batman would push, and be able to think clearly enough to fight someone who is a markedly better fighter than he is.

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Constantine

Batman all the way the trainer never actually fully bets his master its the way it always is.

Flying Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Flying Fox

Batman. He has all the expirience and the background knowledge on Nightwing's training, being the one to initiate it and all, so it's easy to say he'd win.

Iori Yagami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Iori Yagami

I'm pretty sure that Bruce once said somewhere that Dick could take him down if he let go of his mental blocks about Bruce being a father figure and all. But as that's not likely to happen, Batman wins.

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sync

Forever says:

"last_Arrow says:
"Im a big nightwing fan , But take in to the account , that Nightwing tried to fight BAtman in the fugitve arch, Batman avaded all his attacks and beat him with out a punch. He made him puch Jason todds custome and Dick froze as batman walked away. If Batman does not defeat nightwing by fighting he would defeat him in another way, "
I'm with you Last Arrow. One of Batman's weapons is psychology and I don't think that Nightwing would be able to deal with the buttons Batman would push, and be able to think clearly enough to fight someone who is a markedly better fighter than he is."

I have a question? seeing that dick was raise from a kid or teen (depending on which version of the story you use) in the same psychology mind games that bats uses, and fought hand and hand with batman when he use them or nightwing(dick grayson) 1st robin. Do think batman mind games would really work on him? He grewup with them all day and night?

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Final Arrow

Yes if you follow the nightwing Srchs he gets alot more involed with what is happening , He relys on his emtions alot more and he says that many times, So yeah Batman would be able to play on that.

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sync

yeah your right, i can see his emotion may be used against him or he may be aware and use it for him?

what are your thoughts about the jason todd giving batman a run for his money?

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Final Arrow

Jason is a whole diffrent kettle of fish , He fought Shiva to a stand still when he was robin , In a straight fight Batman he is just to well trained , even with Jason traveling the world trying to retrace Batmans steps , Bruce still has to much experiance over him, On the other hand Jason would fight dirty , But I think Batman would pull it off

Iron Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Iron Apollo

Is that even a question?

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Forever

last_Arrow says:

"Jason is a whole diffrent kettle of fish , He fought Shiva to a stand still when he was robin , In a straight fight Batman he is just to well trained , even with Jason traveling the world trying to retrace Batmans steps , Bruce still has to much experiance over him, On the other hand Jason would fight dirty , But I think Batman would pull it off"

I'm always a little taken back when someone says that one fighter will beat the other guy because he fights dirty. Its as if they think that the hero never fought anyone who fought dirty before. It's not like the villains follow the Queensbury rules. I know you weren't using that to say that Jason would win, Arrow, but I wouldn't even use it as a consideration.

blackhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By blackhawk

I'm going to go with Dick here. Bruce has said on several occations that there isn't anything else he could teach knightwing. Also Dick's traingin with the Titians and natural agility that his parents push into him. But the real reason I think Dick would win is he just thinks more steps ahead. True bruce taught him how to do this but that's all he does. Bruce is much more likely to react than Dick will.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Forever

blackhawk says:

"I'm going to go with Dick here. Bruce has said on several occations that there isn't anything else he could teach knightwing. Also Dick's traingin with the Titians and natural agility that his parents push into him. But the *real* reason I think Dick would win is he just thinks more steps ahead. True bruce taught him how to do this but that's *all* he does. Bruce is *much* more likely to react than Dick will. "

Dick thinks more steps ahead than Bruce does?

Blackbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Blackbird

Some of you all keep saying Bats would win because he trainned Nightwing but I have to remind you: 'It is a poor student who does not surrpass his master.' Plus, the fact that he's been around Batman so much would meen Nightwing would know exactly where the kinks in his armor are (Not to mention Batman isn't getting any younger...). Besides, Nightwing has gotten more trainning than just what the Bat has given him right?

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Sync

Blackbird says:

"Some of you all keep saying Bats would win because he trainned Nightwing but I have to remind you: 'It is a poor student who does not surrpass his master.' Plus, the fact that he's been around Batman so much would meen Nightwing would know exactly where the kinks in his armor are (Not to mention Batman isn't getting any younger...). Besides, Nightwing has gotten more trainning than just what the Bat has given him right?"

i agree with the suprassing mater statment, and experince.

will someone studies under a master/trainer, they take ALL the experince and knowledge they have and learn and apply it to themself to form their on unquie style, thats why in some matrial artist from the same style are diffent, they each apply the set/form a diffent way, in essence what works for use, what does not drop it, but still undertand it.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Final Arrow

Forever says:

"blackhawk says:
"I'm going to go with Dick here. Bruce has said on several occations that there isn't anything else he could teach knightwing. Also Dick's traingin with the Titians and natural agility that his parents push into him. But the *real* reason I think Dick would win is he just thinks more steps ahead. True bruce taught him how to do this but that's *all* he does. Bruce is *much* more likely to react than Dick will. "
Dick thinks more steps ahead than Bruce does?"

Are you drunk , bats is always ten feet ahead of Dick when it comes to that, It all falls back to how nightwing uses his emtions, He always goes in head first look at Bride and groom and Raptor he did not plan any battles or have any plans on how to deal with them he just ran in.

I agree that , he has lreaned more and so on but so has bruce and he has the experiance over Nightwing , It would be a close fight but in the end it goes to Batman,

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Forever

last_Arrow says:

"Forever says:
"blackhawk says:
Dick thinks more steps ahead than Bruce does?"
Are you drunk , bats is always ten feet ahead of Dick when it comes to that, It all falls back to how nightwing uses his emtions, He always goes in head first look at Bride and groom and Raptor he did not plan any battles or have any plans on how to deal with them he just ran in. I agree that , he has lreaned more and so on but so has bruce and he has the experiance over Nightwing , It would be a close fight but in the end it goes to Batman,"

Come on man. I was asking Blackhawk to explain his statement. I think Batman wins this fight rather easily. The only reason it wouldn't be easy would be if Batman was holding back out of sentimentality.

IONNES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By IONNES

Well, first of all, it's fiction, so who ever the writers descide wins, wins. It will depend on how they want the story to go. I mean, how many times has Batman bested Superman??? If Superman really wanted to get Bruce, it would be easy for him, and Bruce would never see it coming.

I actually would give the edge to Dick. He is the more "gifted" fighter. He has the benefit of Bruce's experience as well as his own. Dick is as smart as Bruce (as difficult as that may be to believe). All that and Bruce considers Dick his son. Children often over look the familial bonds when they feel wronged, but, as a parent, parents never do. This would cause Bruce, who is at least a match for Dick, to hold back in his attacks.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Eternal Chaos

I'd have to go with Forever again. I think Batman would win not just because of his experience, but because of the simple fact that he's strong and maybe faster. Batman has more ability and skill than Nightwing but if maybe out of some bs nightwing wins, it'll suck.

IONNES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By IONNES

Well you might be able to argue that Batman is stronger than Nightwing, but he certainly not faster. And I wouldn't necessarily give stronger to Batman either. They are both fully grown adults. Dick has been training from a younger age than Batman, and has more natural ability than Bruce. I think most likely it would come down to will to win. That's why I give the fight to Nightwing. I know that doesn't initially make sense, but like I said before, Dick is Bruce's son (not biologically) and as a parent there are lines he won't cross, that children will sometimes cross when dealing with parents.

But really, the one who wins will be the one that moves the plot along better.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Ok, put them both in their prime, and I lean towards Batman still. Nightwing is ok, but say there are no boundaries. Neither has a connection with the other or anything.

IONNES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By IONNES

Actually I think if you took just their physical abilities, and took out their connections to each other, and both in their prime, then it certainly goes to Nightwing. It's been stated many times that he is more physically gifted than Batman (coming from a family of circus acrobats, that's not surprise).

He has the benefit of Batman's training, and his own, has been training for longer, and is faster and more agile. If anything it comes to a draw.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Ok, I'll settle for that IONNES. I tip my hat off to you

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Forever

IONNES says:

"Actually I think if you took just their physical abilities, and took out their connections to each other, and both in their prime, then it certainly goes to Nightwing. It's been stated many times that he is more physically gifted than Batman (coming from a family of circus acrobats, that's not surprise). He has the benefit of Batman's training, and his own, has been training for longer, and is faster and more agile. If anything it comes to a draw."

hmmm... All of the showings I have seen where they have fought the same individual at different times, Batman came out better. Batman has better showings against Deathstrike and Shiva, just to name two. Until the writers recently decided to have some good showings for Nightwing, characters in the comics were saying that Tim Drake was already better then Nightwing is.

And it's been more stated that he's more physically gifted primarily in acrobatics, but that alone doesn't make you a better fighter.

I understand your arguments, but I havent seen Nightwing portrayed in the comics as being better than or even close to Batman's level.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Dammit... I'm just there again...

IONNES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By IONNES

Actually that goes back to my original point. He hasn't because plotwise, they haven't wanted that. If plotwise they wanted it, or it moved the plot along he would. They've had plots where the opposite is true, so that's how it's played.

It's all dependent on how the plot is supposed to develop. Just like Batman always bests Superman when it makes no sense.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Superman is allergic to a rock for god sakes. People, that's stupid! That's like Thor or Sentry being allergic to black pepper.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Forever

IONNES says:

"Actually that goes back to my original point. He hasn't because plotwise, they haven't wanted that. If plotwise they wanted it, or it moved the plot along he would. They've had plots where the opposite is true, so that's how it's played. It's all dependent on how the plot is supposed to develop. Just like Batman always bests Superman when it makes no sense."
Ok. That's logical. They could make Nightwing the better fighter if they wanted to. But they haven't so what would be your reasoning for Nightwing being better? Why would Nightwing being better make more sense to you?
Post Edited:2007-08-04 17:15:40
Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Eternal Chaos

touche

Superskrull86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#39  Edited By Superskrull86

Batman
Bruce27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Bruce27

Batman takes this.

theicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By theicon
@Enzeru: fully in agreement with what you said
MoeMoney1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MoeMoney1
Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I honestly think nightwing should win. But batman has batforce and fanboys who would pitch a fit if it ever happened.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly think nightwing should win. But batman has batforce and fanboys who would pitch a fit if it ever happened.

Explain how Nightwing wins?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman every time, they fought in Batman #600 and he got stomped Nightwing

theDCkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@allstarsuperman said:

Explain how Nightwing wins?

There is no reasonable explanation (at least I haven't heard one)

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman