Batman vs Nate Grey (READ OP)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By WenjunChew

Poll Batman vs Nate Grey (READ OP) (149 votes)

Batman 33%
Nate Grey 68%

Who wins in a fight?

• 
WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By WenjunChew

Scenario

Nate Grey is the Age of Apocalypse version, that is before he gets his genetic dampener that prevent his powers from killing him. Meaning Nate Grey isn't at his top game.

Batman is tasked to take down Nate Grey by all means necessary. He has 1 year of prep, and has prior research on lab materials of Mr. Sinister (Creator of Nate Grey). He also has access to Justice League resources.

In-character, with battle taking place over an entire planet Earth that is based on an almagam of DC and Marvel's Earth. Batman cannot rely on others during the fight itself, but during the 1-year prep he can seek others for advice and services.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 juiceboks  Moderator

Current Nate Grey is depowered so it's a stomp in Batman's favor. Unless of course the OP meant full powered Nate..who would in turn stomp the hell out of Batman. Either way..this needs to be locked.

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current Nate Grey is depowered so it's a stomp in Batman's favor. Unless of course the OP meant full powered Nate..who would in turn stomp the hell out of Batman. Either way..this needs to be locked.

Seems that either you didn't read X-Man comics or you didn't read the OP.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@wenjunchew: You mean the one you edited in after I commented? Nope didn't see it.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you need a year of prep, all of Mister Sinisters lab materials, access to all Justice League resources and you still need advice and services from other people you probably shouldn't be fighting Nate in the first place.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By HellionVulcan

X-man would have to be greatly depowered for Batman to stand any chance at all since X-man can stop time & has numerous other ways of dealing with Batman.

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtuske said:

If you need a year of prep, all of Mister Sinisters lab materials, access to all Justice League resources and you still need advice and services from other people you probably shouldn't be fighting Nate in the first place.

@juiceboks said:

this needs to be locked.

@saren@sc

Actually all these are within the rules.

The whole point about Batman, or any other non-superpowered human in a battle is how they can accomplish a task by relying on the resources of others. Batman is used to regularly hack into and access other people's resources. He is used to seeking out information from others.

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WenjunChew

@hellionvulcan said:

X-man would have to be greatly depowered for Batman to stand any chance at all since X-man can stop time & has numerous other ways of dealing with Batman.

Nate Grey never really stopped time IIRC between his Age of Apocalypse and Onslaught saga days, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Even then, I doubt Nate Grey would use such an ability in the first place. This thread is talking about Nate Grey before he gets his genetic dampener - He isn't at his prime of powers during then.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nate Grey with a year of Prep stomps Batman.

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By WenjunChew

@greatcaesarsghost said:

Sorry but there isn't a stomp on either side. Batman gets the 1 year of prep, not Nate Grey.

Nate Grey has been taken out by street levels before. Batman definitely can do this.

GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greatcaesarsghost said:

Sorry but there isn't a stomp on either side. Batman gets the 1 year of prep, not Nate Grey.

Nate Grey has been taken out by street levels before. Batman definitely can do this.

So, if Batman has a large unfair advantage he can win? I can buy that.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol ... what? :D

@mtuske said:

this ^^

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greatcaesarsghost said:

How is it unfair advantage for Batman? The resources I provided for Batman in this scenario are all standard operating procedures that Batman would resort to. The only difference now is that the settings are different from the usual Gotham.

@ssj_god said:

lol ... what? :D

@mtuske said:

this ^^

Read my previous posts. All the prep Batman has are standard operating procedures that he usually does.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Shawnbaby
No Caption Provided

dagmar_merrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Ugh.

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Exhibit # A. CV's newest & most prominent Bat-fellater.

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wenjunchew: Look, I agree Batman is underrated a lot on this forum. (He is also wanked pretty heavily.) But, dude, you are fighting city hall here. No one is changing their minds. The only thing you are doing is making Batman fans look worse. And I am saying saying this with sincerity.

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Even without the dampener Nate could more than likely still beat Bruce through telekinesis and telepathy

GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greatcaesarsghost said:

@greatcaesarsghost said:

How is it unfair advantage for Batman? The resources I provided for Batman in this scenario are all standard operating procedures that Batman would resort to. The only difference now is that the settings are different from the usual Gotham.

Batman has a whole year of prep against someone who has none, simple as that. If I get a year of prep, I can take on the UFC champion by buying a taser, hardly impressive.

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greatcaesarsghost: Not impressive? It demonstrates Batman's smarts and wits in taking down opponents more powerful than him.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greatcaesarsghost: Not impressive? It demonstrates Batman's smarts and wits in taking down opponents more powerful than him.

Given the same resources Batman has here..I could win. Nothing Impressive.

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam said:

Exhibit # A. CV's newest & most prominent Bat-fellater.

Ugh.

@mtuske said:

All of this - ALL OF THIS.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: Exactly. It's basically Batman running around using other people's tech begging for help, advice and services. Under these circumstances most heroes could win.

Doom could solo without any outside help cuz he's a do it yourself kinda guy.

DemonKnights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you think the likes of Jimmy Olsen can derive a counter-strategy against Nate Grey with a year of prep, then you don't know the difference between Batman and an ordinary human.

@dagmar_merrill said:

Ugh.

@mtuske said:

All of this - ALL OF THIS.

Fail. Already explained that very few ordinary humans can accomplish such a feat in 1 year. You think its so straightforward to make sense out of Mister Sinister's research and utilize Justice League level technology without being a top genius? You think its so easy to get information out of people?

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fail. Already explained that very few ordinary humans can accomplish such a feat in 1 year. You think its so straightforward to make sense out of Mister Sinister's research and utilize Justice League level technology without being a top genius? You think its so easy to get information out of people?

Sounds to me like Batman is good at replicating/reverse engineering and hacking tech? Which I would agree with. He is extremely good at taking something that is already there and applying and using it in very new ways. However, when it comes to creating a novel, un-researched idea--while he is still very impressive at that--he is not the top person compared to people of the likes of Doom and Reed.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Higher tier characters should really be left for the adults like Doom and Reed.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You give all those stips to Batman because you think he needs people like Lex and all the other brilliant people to hold his hand and do the work for him, just to beat someone? Congratulations, you managed to overrate AND underrate Batman AT THE SAME TIME.

GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby said:

If you think the likes of Jimmy Olsen can derive a counter-strategy against Nate Grey with a year of prep, then you don't know the difference between Batman and an ordinary human.

With the resources given here, Olsen could win.

No Caption Provided

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By WenjunChew

@mtuske: Dr Doom loses to low-tier characters consistently, he is really on Batman's level TBH.

@algorhythm511 said:

Sounds to me like Batman is good at replicating/reverse engineering and hacking tech? Which I would agree with. He is extremely good at taking something that is already there and applying and using it in very new ways. However, when it comes to creating a novel, un-researched idea--while he is still very impressive at that--he is not the top person compared to people of the likes of Doom and Reed.

Batman is good at coming up with a solution to a problem which is not necessarily novel, but so long it works.

Doctor Doom on the other hand is hindered by his own pride and his own warped sense of honor.

Problem solving is not as easy as it sounds, but posters above kept claiming that "Batman has so much prep and resources that anyone else can do it too!" Only a competent person can see a plan go through successfully. Batman is competent.

Therefore, yes, I would propose that Batman is capable of beating Nate Grey and Doctor Doom.

@sophia89: This is an absolute waste of resources and pride that often makes Doom's downfall. It is not necessary to blow up the door, someone like Batman would simply open it in a non-confrontational way that avoids trouble as much as possible. But this is irrelevant to this thread anyway

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wenjunchew: Not when he has other people holding his hand. And you've given him plenty of people to do that.

but during the 1-year prep he can seek others for advice and services.

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wenjunchew: If you're giving Batman 1 year of prep it truly isn't much of a challenge at all dude.

That's the 110% failure rate of all of these threads recently - Batman shouldn't be fighting these characters if you're giving him an entire YEAR of preparation.

You gonna make a thread with Batman vs Doctor Doom and give Batman 1 year of prep next, because that's where it looks like these threads are going.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtuske: Dr Doom loses to low-tier characters consistently, he is really on Batman's level TBH.

@algorhythm511 said:

Batman is good at coming up with a solution to a problem which is not necessarily novel, but so long it works.

Doctor Doom on the other hand is hindered by his own pride and his own warped sense of honor.

Problem solving is not as easy as it sounds, but posters above kept claiming that "Batman has so much prep and resources that anyone else can do it too!" Only a competent person can see a plan go through successfully. Batman is competent.

Therefore, yes, I would propose that Batman is capable of beating Nate Grey and Doctor Doom.

...and so is anyone else under the same conditions. You've given Bruce way too much to work with.

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not when he has other people holding his hand. And you've given him plenty of people to do that.

If you're giving Batman 1 year of prep it truly isn't much of a challenge at all dude.

That's the 110% failure rate of all of these threads recently - Batman shouldn't be fighting these characters if you're giving him an entire YEAR of preparation.

You gonna make a thread with Batman vs Doctor Doom and give Batman 1 year of prep next, because that's where it looks like these threads are going.

So what does it mean? Are you confident that Batman can beat them with merely 9 months of research or less?

Seeking others for advice and services is proof of Batman's resourcefulness. Very few people like Batman exists in Comic Book history. There's nothing shameful about that.

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By WenjunChew

...and so is anyone else under the same conditions. You've given Bruce way too much to work with.

I've already explained that very few ordinary humans can accomplish such a feat in 1 year. You think its so straightforward to make sense out of Mister Sinister's research and utilize Justice League level technology without being a top genius? You think its so easy to get information out of the right people?

TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven said:

Not when he has other people holding his hand. And you've given him plenty of people to do that.

@thetruebarryallen said:

If you're giving Batman 1 year of prep it truly isn't much of a challenge at all dude.

So what does it mean? Are you confident that Batman can beat them with merely 9 months of research or less?

Seeking others for advice and services is proof of Batman's resourcefulness. Very few people like Batman exists in Comic Book history. There's nothing shameful about that.

I'm not getting into this with you because honestly you're either a diehard fanboy who won't change his views OR you're a troll account.

Just look at your poll results to see how people see your threads - even with 1 year prep Batman is losing horribly.

Also - there are PLENTY of people like Batman in comics.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormdriven said:

@thetruebarryallen said:

There are a lot of people that Batman that exist in Comic Book History.

• Doom
  • Reed Richards
  • Hank Pym
  • Mr. Terrific
  • John Constantine
  • Black Panther
  • Lex Luthor

These are just guys that I came up with off the top of my head. There are more. Any one of them could succeed here with less than what Batman has been given.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Voters have spoken and even with all that help Batman loses.

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By WenjunChew

@mtuske: Voters who voted Nate Grey did not read his X-Man comics and thought telekinesis and telepathy spell auto-doom for Batman.

On second thoughts, I think Batman could beat Nate Grey with just 3 months of prep or even less, as long as he starts off with the knowledge of who Nate Grey is and what his powers are. Apparently they did not read the parts where assassins nearly killed Nate Grey during his comic book run and instead either read his heavily biased respect thread (If he had any) or simply forgotten about all his low-end runs. Batman wins by simply poisoning Nate Grey.

Heck, even Electro defeated Nate Grey.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope the OP gives us more beautiful wanking threads like these.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BeaconofStrength

Don't encourage him.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Wolverine008
WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The voters obviously didn't read X-Man comics. I've read them before back in the 1990s and I am positive Nate Grey had lost to Low-level Metahuman Assassins.

The few voters who voted Batman are educated on X-Man's actual limits.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers