Batman vs Lina Inverse (READ OP)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wenjun_Chew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Batman vs Lina Inverse (READ OP) (17 votes)

Batman (DC) 6%
Lina Inverse (Slayers) 88%
Stalemate 6%

Who wins?

• 
Wenjun_Chew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Wenjun_Chew

Batman of DC takes on Lina Inverse of Slayers in a battle.

CONDITIONS

Batman has 4 weeks of prep and starts off with education on the basics of magic spells in Slayers universe, while Lina Inverse has no prior prep and 15 minutes before the battle began she was only told that there's someone by the name of Batman who wants to arrest her. She was also told that Batman is the most dangerous man in the world.

Both Lina Inverse and Batman are in-character. No other characters can help. However...

If the battle is too difficult for Batman, he gets assistance from Robin. If the battle is too difficult for Lina Inverse, she gets assistance from Gourry Gabriev.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

who's lina inverse? .. judging by your previous battle threads .. i assume she's some kind of op character

Wenjun_Chew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssj_god said:

who's lina inverse? .. judging by your previous battle threads .. i assume she's some kind of op character

She's a sorceress who accompanies a couple of magic users and swordsmen on adventures.

She's above Scarlet Witch (Not House of M version) and below Doctor Strange in terms of power level.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By OverLordArhas

@ssj_god said:

At base she can casually level an entire city using her signature spell "Dragon Slave". She also destroys cities as collateral damage if she fighting someone.

No Caption Provided

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman kicked spectre. He wins.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you humoring the OP. Cause the recent Bat threads make me want to stay in Off Topic forever.

Wenjun_Chew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@princearagorn1 said:

Are you humoring the OP. Cause the recent Bat threads make me want to stay in Off Topic forever.

What's wrong with the recent Batman threads?

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wenjun_chew:

You match Batman with beings he could not possibly beat w/0o PIS.

As for this thread, Lina does not hold her punches as often commented by her comrades.

OP stated that Batman is the most dangerous man in the world. If that is so Lina will think that he is above Rezo. At sight she will invoke Dragon Slave on Batman or worse Giga Slave.

Wenjun_Chew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@OverLordArhas: Is it possible for Batman to just hide from Lina Inverse during the fight? He does that often you know, with smoke pellets and such.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@OverLordArhas: Is it possible for Batman to just hide from Lina Inverse during the fight? He does that often you know, with smoke pellets and such.

What can smoke pellets do against a city busting AoE attack.

Loading Video...

If you say that it is not in character for her to use a powerful spell off the bat, she uses it on someone for calling her flat.

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kyrees
OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ssj_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ssj_god
BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lina city busted in the very first episode. Is this serious.

Also this is giving Batman a level of power and ability he never has and never will have. He is outmatched either way.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

This is a complete mismatch. 15 minutes of prep?

Never mind Dragon Slave, she just used that 15 minutes to channel a Giga Slave and peaces the universe.

Even the incomplete version of the Giga Slave destroyed the universe because Lina mishandled it. LoN had to fix it.

Wenjun_Chew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Wenjun_Chew

@blackwind: Never said Batman is forced to use magic.

If you say that it is not in character for her to use a powerful spell off the bat, she uses it on someone for calling her flat.

What I am trying to propose is that, could Batman possibly by-pass Lina Inverse's attacks?

Firstly, in my proposed scenario, Lina Inverse was only told by someone that Batman is going to strike in about 15 minutes. Assuming she took the person seriously, even if she were to cast the Dragon Slave she wouldn't do it without provocation. Even if that person were to push that rage button of hers and threw the blame on Batman ("Batman said it, not me"), Lina Inverse is still going to confront Batman without doing an instant death attack when she doesn't even know where Batman is.

Batman could be hiding somewhere in the forest and ambush Lina Inverse where she least expects it. He does have weapons like sleeping bombs and all that as part of his regular equipment, they could come in handy here.

Just remember that you can't always forget about the vulnerabilities of a character even when he/she has excessive power.

Avatar image for twix_right_side
Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*Doesn't know who Lina Inverse is...

*sees videos above

......Why do you always put Batman up against characters he couldn't possibly beat,and use the fallacious argument that basically says (even though he hasn't shown it) "he can do anything with prep"?

And then pretend as if Batman is some sort of martyr or victim of oppression and underration on the vine?

Avatar image for twix_right_side
Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@OverLordArhas said:

What I am trying to propose is that, could Batman possibly by-pass Lina Inverse's attacks?

Firstly, in my proposed scenario, Lina Inverse was only told by someone that Batman is going to strike in about 15 minutes. Assuming she took the person seriously, even if she were to cast the Dragon Slave she wouldn't do it without provocation. Even if that person were to push that rage button of hers and threw the blame on Batman ("Batman said it, not me"), Lina Inverse is still going to confront Batman without doing an instant death attack when she doesn't even know where Batman is.

Batman could be hiding somewhere in the forest and ambush Lina Inverse where she least expects it. He does have weapons like sleeping bombs and all that as part of his regular equipment, they could come in handy here.

Just remember that you can't always forget about the vulnerabilities of a character even when he/she has excessive power.

From the looks of it,it doesn't take a lot to piss her off.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wenjun_chew: lina inverse is far easier to piss off than you think it is and prior to the series's first episode, she's already known as that sorceress who uses way too much magic that she casually destroys cities. in fact its a running gag in the show. someone attacks her, she's apt to use a fire, fire ball, van rail or worse dragon slave. you piss her off more, she uses a giga slave. those spells i mentioned have large AoE and given she has fought numerous invisible enemies in the series plus her aptitude to not even hold back a bit, batman is not going to last much longer.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By kyrees

@wenjun_chew:

Loading Video...

just for you to ponder on your reply.

also given that you set this fight in lina inverse's universe, batman is quite limited at this point. (seriously, the spells in lina's universe are limited to that universe.)

Cerberus369616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@OverLordArhas said:

No, with a Basic knowledge of magic and 4 weeks of prep he isn't gonna be able to deal with the most powerful black magic in the universe from arguably the greatest sorcerer of that universe. It isn't feasible.

Isn't this a battle? I'm pretty sure battles are supposed to start off with the combatants in combat, but I guess it is remotely possible in about 1/10 of the scenarios that batman either instant stealth and then jumps Lina or Sucker punchers her right away he can win. But If Lina even feels remotely in danger she is gonna start casting building buster attacks at the least and it will quickly escalate to attacks that are city buster like the Dragon Slave, ESPECIALLY if Batman stealths away, if she thinks she can't find him she will absolutely level the entire battlefield to find him first and ask questions later. Maybe if Lina wasn't a homicidal maniac with city buster attacks Batman could figure it out....but she is, in character, with morals.

Thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wenjun_chew: listen to feedback your getting, batman is just a human and isn't on the level of intelligence of people like reed Richards or dr doom.

Maybe in one battle out of 10 he might be able to get the jump on her but it's so unlikely it would be more like one in a thousand. Lina wins the large majority.

I get that you love batman, he's amazing and one of the best heroes out there. Whys he so cool? Is it because he has superpowers? Is it because he's an alien? No. It's because he's only human. Batman makes mistakes, he loses fights, he doesn't have superpowers, he's not perfect. He's only human, and that's why he's awesome. Instead of doing battles like this do ones where you pit him against someone else intelligent with a lot of prep time. Maybe a team of street levellers or even some members of the justice league. No one does those, and they could be so cool with great potential for debates. Batman is a great character but he has his limits, he's not blessed with super powers but he's still a great character and one of the best members of the justice league. That's why he's awesome.

P.S. If you really want to prove batmans better than people think he is (within reason, not battles like this) then challenge someone to a CAV.

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By algorhythm511

@wenjun_chew: Yes, it's possible he might win. But, seriously, why do you keep making these battles? They are mostly the exact same--Batman (w/ prep) vs some Sky Father level character. The responses are exactly the same in every thread. It's like you are asking the same question over and over again.

Here is my response to all your Batman threads:

1. Batman is great with prep. He is a polymath and has a wide variety of resources. I agree with prep, he has been shown to take down more powerful characters, but there is a limit.

2. Batman doesn't have any magic skills at all. This is also why it is silly to compare him to Dr. Doom. Doom is BOTH a genius in tech and magic and can combine both in prep.

3. All the comic geniuses have failed miserably with prep. Stark tried to deflect the Phoenix Force from Earth and ended up splitting it in 5 pieces. Pym built a robot that turned against him (Ultron).

4. What is with these ridiculous uninterrupted prep times? Most of the time, in the comics, he has only a few days of prep and required a team effort. These prep times where he walks into a "Battle at Sundown" type battle with extremely powerful beings almost never happen in the comics. These prep scenarios are basically a featless buffs. You might as well make a battle where Batman has the Helmet of Fate.

5. With that being said, Batman has never been a one man army, where he has been in these kinds of situations. Otherwise, why would he need a team in the first place.

6. If you look at your polls, most of the Viners disagree with you. No one has changed their minds even after all these threads. If you don't like the fact that most people on ComicVine don't think "Batman can beat anyone with prep", then just leave. Let's put it this way, when you are walking down the street and see broken glass or dog poop, do you lament about how terrible it is that someone would do that? NO. You simply avoid it. Why not do the same on the internet.

Listen, I like Batman a lot and understand the role that intelligence, resources, manipulation and tactics play in a battle. I also understand how Batman has operated in his own comic and the Justice League for decades now. However, I don't buy into this argument that prep always equals a win. At the same time, I understand how he does play a role in a team battle against God-like villains. Also, I understand how intelligence is very broadly defined and comparing him to other comic geniuses is like comparing Apples to Oranges. Otherwise, we might as well just have all the heroes retire and have Batman take over their rouge galleries.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From the video, Lina stomps

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lina is like the Squirrel Girl of Slayers. She is pretty much their version of the Destroyer of All Things Everywhere.

One Dragon Slave destroys Batman and all of Gotham.

Thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#29  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@blackwind said:

Lina is like the Squirrel Girl of Slayers. She is pretty much their version of the Destroyer of All Things Everywhere.

One Dragon Slave destroys Batman and all of Gotham.

Loading Video...

Dragon Slave is chump magic.

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is an obvious mismatch.. OP putting Batman against a city buster at her weakest.

@saren@god_spawn