Batman vs Lex Luthor (Who's Smarter)

• 110 results
#1 Posted by The_Soverighn (2116 posts) - - Show Bio

Rules

The Two Smartest Characters In DC (Arguably) Have Got To Fight

Who's Better In These Categories

• Better Engineer (Better At Building Things)
  • Who Can Solve A Physics Question From Brainiac (Faster)
  • Best Technological Achievements
  • Who Can Hack A Mother Bow Fastest

Opponents

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
#2 Posted by The_Soverighn (2116 posts) - - Show Bio
  • Lex
  • Batman
  • Lex
  • Batman
#3 Posted by Mediumguy (170 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman Lex Batman Batman

#4 Posted by XMen1963 (536 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Batman
  2. Bruce Wayne
  3. Dark Knight
  4. Caped Crusader
#5 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2896 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

Lex

Lex

Batman

#6 Posted by The_Soverighn (2116 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#7 Posted by paulson3lt (1078 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex

Lex

Lex

Batman

#8 Posted by Dextersinister (8561 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex - The personnel force field alone that Batman could do nothing about wins him this

Lex

Lex

Lex - Batmans only use of a motherbox that I am aware of is when he was allowed to borrow Bardas, it's what hacked the hellspores on Apokalips in the infamous Superman/Batman comic

Lex is also a better people person, he is so good that he prevents villains form falling prey to some of the usual villains on a team weaknesses and can even make a team player out of the Joker. Batman on the other hand comes across as dodgy and untrustworthy having more than earned that rep with tower of babel and Brother Eye.

#9 Posted by Yokergeist (12483 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex

Batman

Lex

Batman

#10 Posted by Wolverine008 (51027 posts) - - Show Bio

The only field where Batman beats Lex is in detective skills. Besides that, Lex is smarter than him in every way.

#11 Posted by jayc1324 (26432 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Edited by patrat18 (11747 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
#13 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (9130 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex

Lex

Lex

Batman

This though the second one would probably be by seconds.

#14 Posted by rpottage (969 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

@wolverine08: why. What has he done that batman cant.

Found the cure for cancer and aids. He won't share it with the world because, you know, money; but still.
He also became the President; plus there was his stint as God. Batman never became God; and Luthor did it single-handedly in just a few months.

#15 Posted by BWANASIMBA (359 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex - The personnel force field alone that Batman could do nothing about wins him this

Lex

Lex

Lex - Batmans only use of a motherbox that I am aware of is when he was allowed to borrow Bardas, it's what hacked the hellspores on Apokalips in the infamous Superman/Batman comic

Lex is also a better people person, he is so good that he prevents villains form falling prey to some of the usual villains on a team weaknesses and can even make a team player out of the Joker. Batman on the other hand comes across as dodgy and untrustworthy having more than earned that rep with tower of babel and Brother Eye.

This. Batman's as far beneath Lex in terms of intellect as Jimmy Olsen is beneath him.

#16 Posted by godzilla44 (7936 posts) - - Show Bio

lex

batman

lex

batman

#17 Edited by Jmarshmallow (13919 posts) - - Show Bio

1). Debatable, but I think Lex has shown better feats, so I'm going to give it to him.

2). Bats is hella more clever than Luther, but I think that with book smarts Luther has him beat. Make it a physics riddle and Bats will own.

3). They've both done crazy things. But I still give it to Lex, since Bats doesn't build things that kill. It kinda gives him a major disadvantage as opposed to other prep gods.

4). Bats. No doubt. Hacking involves patterns and clever thinking. Bats far outshines Lex here.

Jmarshmallow

#18 Posted by MonsterStomp (36987 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for capedcrusader16
#19 Posted by CapedCrusader16 (112 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex
Batman
Lex
Batman

#20 Posted by Emperorb777 (11634 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex for all of them.

#21 Posted by EclipseBat (262 posts) - - Show Bio

Bats

Lex

Bats

Bats

#22 Edited by rogueshadow (29589 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman only beats Lex in detection and strategy. In every other way Lex is his intellectual superior. Not massively, but by enough.

#23 Posted by jayc1324 (26432 posts) - - Show Bio

@rpottage: I understand that Lex has done some crazy things but Batman never tried to cure cancer or become president or God. He never had intetest in that. In my mind it works like this: Lex is a better scientist, inventor, business man, and politician, but Bats never tried to or had a reason to excel or put in time to study and master those areas. He has other people to run Wayne Ent., and only has to invent the gadgets he needs. Bats is the better detective and strategist because he has to perform in those areas regularly. Lex hasnt ever really studied criminology or anything. My point is that I do not think it is fair to say Lex, or Batman, is smarter when neither has attempted what the other has.

Avatar image for trinidadsuperman
#24 Posted by trinidadsuperman (104 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: but if we take that mentality who is a better fighter? No doubt batman but with your ideals it wouldnt be fair because lex doesn't focus on those things…its silly to try and justify its a simple who is and who isnt based on comic evidence which easily points to Lex being the smarter one. Batman is a better detective but Lex exceeds him in every way

#25 Posted by sophia89 (19802 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by MasterKungFu (20773 posts) - - Show Bio

1 Lex 2 Lex 3 Bats 3 Bats

#27 Edited by jayc1324 (26432 posts) - - Show Bio

@trinidadsuperman: That's kinda different because lex and bats are both smarter than each other in different areas. In the example you are using, we have bats who is one if the best and lex who at the most has some experience street fighting. But if we have a genius in detective areas and a genius in scientific areas how can we say who's smarter?

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
#28 Edited by NinjaWarrior268 (12030 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is a man capable of anything while Lex Luthor is not. Almost all bad guys have limited intelligence so good guys can beat them

#29 Edited by trinidadsuperman (104 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: Being a great detective is hardly a feat comparable to a great scientist. Lex is smarter in technology,biology,physics you name it! Especially since batman rarely ever shows his detective skills to be anything spectacular. Correct me if im wrong about that btw if u have any examples showing off his amazing detective skills i'd love to read up on them. anyways A detective solves crimes while a scientist invents and discovers. Batman's detective skills are nothig to brag about nor do they show the range of luthors lex technological arsenal etc.

#30 Posted by trinidadsuperman (104 posts) - - Show Bio

@ninjawarrior268: Lol Lex only loses because of his arrogance not his intelligence. Batman isnt capable of anything either as he too is arrogant and if he were capable of everything he'd be able to wipe the city of gotham of crime…but he hasnt & never will because he's only human

#31 Edited by D3MON (374 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by SheenLantern (7619 posts) - - Show Bio

What's a mother bow..?

#33 Posted by jayc1324 (26432 posts) - - Show Bio

@trinidadsuperman: In those areas Lex is better but you're forgetting that Batman is the worlds greatest detective as well. The justice league calls on batman for tactics and figuring things out. Batman doesn't specialize in any areas besides detective skills, but even so he has managed awesome scientific feats, like helping create brother eye, creating an EMP mask, creating a lens he can wear all the time that links him to the batcave, reads lips, gives him data in people based off of facial recognition, has thermal vision and a bunch more stuff. All in a tiny little lens. Lex probably has better feats but Batman is great in so many areas and is the best detective. I think his well roundedness makes him on lex's level overall.

#34 Edited by jagernutt (17827 posts) - - Show Bio

All B man

#35 Posted by cdiddyman911 (5540 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex

Lex

Lex

Batman

#36 Posted by Wolverine008 (51027 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex.

#37 Posted by bigcimmerian (10340 posts) - - Show Bio

The only field where Batman beats Lex is in detective skills. Besides that, Lex is smarter than him in every way.

Batman is better strategist and commander.

#38 Posted by ComicStooge (22063 posts) - - Show Bio

Luthor sweeps.

#39 Posted by Wolverine008 (51027 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
#40 Posted by Pperspectiveandreality (2096 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Lex for all of them

#41 Edited by ComicStooge (22063 posts) - - Show Bio

@bigcimmerian: Not really. Lex is capable of leading groups of villians, which is much harder than leading heroes.

#42 Posted by ComicStooge (22063 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Brains beat brawn. Just look at the two of us.

#43 Posted by Wolverine008 (51027 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Edited by ComicStooge (22063 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
#45 Edited by TheAmazingImmortalMan (4628 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Lex
  2. Lex
  3. Lex
  4. Lex
Avatar image for twix_right_side
#46 Posted by Twix_Right_Side (2406 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't really get the "Batman has never put his time/energy into X" arguments when we argue his intelligence against intellectual gods like Lex. I mean,that might be true,but going off of what is actually consistently shown (and not what is speculative),we have to make the conclusion of who beats who in overall intelligence (in whatever the topic may be,like hacking a mother box).

#47 Posted by Wolverine008 (51027 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by VenomousTaco (1563 posts) - - Show Bio

Rules

The Two Smartest Characters In DC (Arguably) Have Got To Fight

Who's Better In These Categories

• Better Engineer (Better At Building Things)

Lex Luthor

• Who Can Solve A Physics Question From Brainiac (Faster)

Lex Luthor

• Best Technological Achievements

Batman

• Who Can Hack A Mother Bow Fastest

Batman

#49 Posted by ComicStooge (22063 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by dondave (41760 posts) - - Show Bio

Lex