Batman vs Kira (Light Yagami)

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By darkseid1006

So iv just started Death Note and i figured this could be a fun match up.

Story/Background

Essentially Batman has swapped places with "L" and Light has just begun his cleansing mission, he will run through the exact same corse as he did in the beginning but will only be changed by actions Bruce takes. Bruce has begun to look into this and like L has too find out who Kira is and of course find proof that he is Kira (meaning that Bruce is not actually acting as Batman but as a detective for the government so no vigilantly actions, he can only act the same way L could act when he was hunting Kira).

Rules

1. This is not Batman vs Light, despite the title, it is Bruce Wayne taking the place of L therefore Bruce can only do what L could have done and only has access to resources that L had.
  2. I could go on but to cut it short imagine L never existed and that it was Bruce all along so I'm sure you get it the fact he can only do what L could and all.
  3. Light is planning on finding his name and killing Bruce and Bruce is planning on catching Light

Light Yagami
Light Yagami

VS

Batman, only Bruce in this.
Batman, only Bruce in this.

Who would win in the end? Is Batman a better detective than L? Does Bruce do better or worse than L?

NO SPOILERS I AM ONLY ON EPISODE 12 BUT I DO KNOW THAT KIRA WINS AT THE END JUST TRY NOT TOO MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT HOW HE WINS OR WHAT HAPPENS AFTER EPISODE 12.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump... Waiting for death note experts

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure that Bruce is too familiar with regional population densities in Japan, therefore he couldn't sum it down to the Kanto region in the first place and he would never find Kira.

Avatar image for annoyedimmortalspirit
AnnoyedImmortalSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

L is smarter than Batman, so i don't know what he could possibly do that L couldn't...

he is basically the smartest or 2 smartest person alive in Death Note

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By darkseid1006

@black_arrow: umm I have no idea who Watari is...

Don't spoil it.

But does that mean Kira wins?

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Black_Arrow

@black_arrow: umm I have no idea who Watari is...

Don't spoil it.

But does that mean Kira wins?

Watari is to L as Alfred is to Batman.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

does batman have his resources? or is he only using l's resources?

proto3296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have only liked one anime ever. And that is death note, it's fantastic! To relate to this topic, I think somone before stated it, but Bruce wouldn't sacrifice humans to catch him so I don't think he would've even been able to narrow it down to Kira being in japan. So I don't think he win.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89: thanks for the recommendations

@nerdchore: L's resources

Avatar image for scottvstheworld
ScottvsTheWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually I have a feeling that batman/Bruce would use the "Lind L Tayler" tactic (considering he was on death row already), but he wouldn't try to sacrifice any who wasn't scheduled to die that very same day. In the end, I think given the circumstances Bruce would lose since he is a well known billionaire playboy philanthropist, but if we JUST use his personality/detective skills it could go two ways depending on how selective we are:

1) if Bruce has his EXPERIENCES as batman, like fighting beside the justice league, going into space, meta humans, etc etc. then i think Bruce would eventually win.

OR

2) if Bruce is just using his abilities as a detective and none of his previous superhero experiences then he would most likely lose.

Did that make sense? Haha

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By those_eyes

L is smarter than Batman, so i don't know what he could possibly do that L couldn't...

Any proof of this statement you just made?

D3MON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By D3MON

@darkseid1006:

Besides, does Batman incorporate himself in Japan, in Death Note's universe? Or does he still stay within the DCU realm? How does that work.

does batman have his resources? or is he only using l's resources?

I ponder upon the same question as well.

@those_eyes said:

@annoyedimmortalspirit said:

I think he meant L's the the smarter detective.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d3mon: batman goes to DN universe.

This is a battle to decide not only if Baman is smarter than Kira but who is the greater detective between L and Bruce.

D3MON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkseid1006:

I see. In that case, I'd like to say that no one can beat L at what L does best aka. being the smartest person in the the Death Note universe.

D3MON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By D3MON

@sophia89 said:

@d3mon said:

@darkseid1006:

I see. In that case, I'd like to say that no one can beat L at what L does best aka. being the smartest person in the the Death Note universe.

nope,kira is. :P

At conventional academic testing, memorization, perhaps.

But in deductive reasoning and overall, L is smarter. In fact, Ohba or Obata, I don't remember who, admitted so himself.

vampiricshaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now i will say bruce could have possibly decued it was in japan easily but bruce would not sacrifice anyone to get it smaller in the region but i think he would use his batman presona not giving his true name

so it would become a battle of witts i dont think bruce would go to become a student like l did so it change at that point quickly

Avatar image for annoyedimmortalspirit
AnnoyedImmortalSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes said:

@annoyedimmortalspirit said:

eh it's hard for me to remember the the best showings of L's genius as it has been years since i finished death note...

However i rember that:

1- L was raised in an special orphanage for gifted children, this orphanage only included the best of the best and had these children compete with each others in all sorts of tests in order to stimulate their already great intelligence. L was the best of them all and set higher records in every test. He was considered a genius by the other geniuses

2- he has an amazing memory, probably eidetic. He's been able to remember all the data, big numbers, etc. about very unusual things.

3- he always eat and consume snacks, sweets and things with a lot of sugar, because his brain costantly burns a very large amount of calories!

4- he's been able to easily solve crimes in few seconds by just getting a list of the suspects and all the evidences on the crime scene, or just by looking at a picture of the crime scene, his deductions has always been proved correct, and impossible to make by a normal person.

5- he is the worlds greatest detective, but also the 2°best and 3°best if i remember correctly. He assumed many identities to be sure nobody would hire the other greatest detective to discover his true identity. lol

6- his genius doesn't stop at that! 1 year, when he tried tennis in highschool, he won like 1° place at the top tier tournament for young tennists!!! since it was relatively easy for him, he got bored of it. So his genius extends to physical activities too, despite his thin body he's also a master in many martial arts.

i'm sure there are more impressive things but i don't remember them, however he's definitely smarter than Batman, by a big solid margin.

D3MON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By D3MON

@sophia89:

I figured you were, though I agree. Glad to hear from another fan that thinks likewise. c:

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By mickey-mouse

@darkseid1006: Sherlock(TV Series) vs L or Sherlock vs Kira would be much more interesting. Both Kira & L are much more clever than Bruce, he would only outclass them in science of course, but if he isn't allowed to use his Bat Tech, gadgets, or make new gadgets them he gets stomped.

Spoiler, but not too much of a spoiler about something you said.

Kira does not win. Unless you mean he personally beats L. Watch the specials that connect with the main anime series. Oh and he doesn't win in the Manga either.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26 the_stegman  Moderator

To me, L is a better detective than Bruce, so Bats won't be doing anything that L can't.

And as we all know who've seen the series.

Light beats L, so he beats Bruce.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89:

Does, Light beat L on a one on one sort of thing...OK. In the long run L gets the last laugh as his successors get the win & in the anime the last thing Light sees is L.

Avatar image for thewhitecrownofphoenix_stormfo
Thewhitecrownofphoenix_stormforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkseid1006: You asked and you shall receive. Batman wins. While light was a brilliant genius in his own right, batman is superior. Mainly because of batman's action ordeals. He is the person who while solving that one investigation, does several investigations on his own side before trusting them. While L was very smart, he foolishly let light on his team without thoroughly checking him out. (Such as what kira does in all his spare time.) Batman would have probably ended up spying on all of his own workers including kira. Batman is a master of tactics, and the possibility of the perpetrator being on his side would be the first thoughts in his head. Do not get me wrong though, L pretty much knew it was light but needed proof. The problem is batman would probably be more willing to get proof by "grittier means"

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mickey-mouse

@thewhitecrownofphoenix_stormfo: Batman would have to figure out how he was killing people and what the death note is in the first place, by that time Kira would have iced him.

EDIT:

The problem is batman would probably be more willing to get proof by "grittier means"

Ummm. Batman has much higher morals than L? He's actually even much more hampered. Also if he collected any evidence illegally it would blow the entire investigation & destroy his credibility.

vampiricshaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkseid1006: You asked and you shall receive. Batman wins. While light was a brilliant genius in his own right, batman is superior. Mainly because of batman's action ordeals. He is the person who while solving that one investigation, does several investigations on his own side before trusting them. While L was very smart, he foolishly let light on his team without thoroughly checking him out. (Such as what kira does in all his spare time.) Batman would have probably ended up spying on all of his own workers including kira. Batman is a master of tactics, and the possibility of the perpetrator being on his side would be the first thoughts in his head. Do not get me wrong though, L pretty much knew it was light but needed proof. The problem is batman would probably be more willing to get proof by "grittier means"

L had light under a very tough surveilance for a week way before he decided to allow him to join

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In this there is too much speculation, Batman wont do some things that L has because of his morals. But Batman has showed other abilities that L doesn't have. I can´t truly say who would be the winner of this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16
deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkhunter89: I think when you bump a 9 month thread it is customary to make a argument , any reasons?

nishi99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting, everybody said Batman on Anime Vice.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16
deactivated-5d45fd7ce1a16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkhunter89: I think when you bump a 9 month thread it is customary to make a argument , any reasons?

Batman has solved many crimes, and fought against manipulative geniouses before.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nishi99: would that have not been if Bruce had all his rss'? Here Bruce only has L's

Super_Mod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman wins

Errorinscript

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its hard but bruce is a good stratagist well trained detective , ill go with him. Even tough kira is prety smart , I say Bruce takes it.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. This is not Batman vs Light, despite the title, it is Bruce Wayne taking the place of L therefore Bruce can only do what L could have done and only has access to resources that L had.
  2. I could go on but to cut it short imagine L never existed and that it was Bruce all along so I'm sure you get it the fact he can only do what L could and all.
  3. Light is planning on finding his name and killing Bruce and Bruce is planning on catching Light

Without his resources bruce ain't winning this.

Marty2187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@errorinscript: I don't think Bruce has the anonymity that L relied on.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This got bumped?

Dmnb2wavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Avatar image for superduperbumpe
SuperDuperBumpe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce should have detective skills to at least match L. Although he has a much stricter moral code. However, Bruce is a lot smarter than L in other areas as well as more experienced with dealing with these sorts of "supernatural" things, not to mention much more experienced in general. He also happens to be basically a super-soldier by real-life physics(which Death Note abides by) with super-human skill. With all of L's resources available to him, due to his superhuman intelligence with technology, he can probably still easily solve the case.

However, this becomes much more interesting if Bruce can't rely on his science/engineering intelligence. At that point, he doesn't have L's willingness to kill(which was extremely important), but he's practically a super-soldier++. I think Bruce will eventually still win.

Even more interesting, is if Bruce's physicals were now limited to L's. He is still better (maybe much better) at strategy than L with detective skills to at least match. So even still, I'm not sure how, but maybe Bruce can eventually pull it off in the long run

Wabubub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this is a pretty decent debate since we're limiting Bruce to L's resources. If he had Batman's he'd be done in a few days. Light was a massive idiot. He'd be done for almost immediately after the attempted live assassination.

With just L's resources it'd take longer. I imagine he'd be much more suspicious after Light tried helping the team and wouldn't 'clear' him so easily. He definitely wouldn't give up his name or have a way for it to be found.

Avatar image for chris2kzombieki
chris2kzombieki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman will always lose this matchup, he’s not willing to let someone die. L was, that’s why he was so close.