#1 Posted by Ghostodoofus (1510 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Batman will more likely defeat Judge Dredd in a fight (Dredd won't go down easily though) but in an arm wrestle, it won't be easy to determine who wins. Judge Dredd's strength level is insane.

#2 Edited by Ghostodoofus (1510 posts) - - Show Bio

Judge Dredd is a lesser known character so I think it's more important to post his strength feats first:

1. Swings a hover-cycle like a bat

No Caption Provided

2. Smashes a guy's head against a concrete wall so hard that he left a facial imprint onto the wall

No Caption Provided

3. Breaks two concrete pillars by bumping against them and then pushing them, he pushed each pillar with one hand. He accomplished this while suffering from multiple gunshot wounds.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

4. Stops a car carrying an overweight family whom collectively weigh 400-500 kgs (880 - 1100 lbs) from falling off a cliff with only one hand, I think with the family inside, the car could weigh more than a ton. He maintained this position for several minutes.

No Caption Provided

5. Shoves a wheel chair with a guy seated on it into Judge Death and clean through a wall.

No Caption Provided

6. Holds apart the jaws of a dune shark, the dune shark is larger than great whites and the average great white has a bite force of well over a ton.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

7. Holds apart and then snaps the jaws of a large monster. Dredd described the creature's bite force as similar to that of a tank crusher (this statement might be an exaggeration but this feat is still impressive).

No Caption Provided

8. Prises open the jaws of a huge T-Rex from inside its mouth. Apparently the T-Rex being "dimensionally unstable" allowed for Dredd to accomplish this but I still think this feat is still quite impressive.

No Caption Provided

#4 Posted by Causeimbatman (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

He has better strength but Bruce has better striking power

#5 Posted by Ghostodoofus (1510 posts) - - Show Bio

@causeimbatman: I don’t know about that, I’d say they are evenly matched. Dredd’s striking power knocked out a 30-feet tall giant with a kick, knocked out a werewolf, punched a guy out of a bar and across a pier, punched a hole in a steel door and shattered a wooden door by punching a guy into it.

Who do you think wins the arm wrestle?

#6 Posted by Causeimbatman (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostodoofus: Is that giant feat consistent with his other feats?

Bruce has easily shattered Mr. Freeze’ bulletproof helmet, dented Red Hood’s helmet(bulletproof) with a headbutt, hurt and KOed Killer Croc(who tanks bullets with some pain) multiple times, oneshot Deathstroke with a kick and while extremely weakened, managed to stop William Cobb(a talon)’s healing factor to the point the court of owls didn’t bother to heal him(tho he came back later).

Dredd wins the arm wrestle

#7 Edited by Ghostodoofus (1510 posts) - - Show Bio

@causeimbatman: I am not very sure if he's done much else that's as impressive as the giant feat but Dredd is still no slouch when it comes to striking power, he left large cracks into concrete walls by smashing the heads of perps into them many times, he punched clean through Judge Fear's helmet and head, he also kicked a perp through the wall of a cruise ship and kicked a mutated monster's arm (said to have the strength of an earthmover) clean off. Batman might still have the advantage but Dredd's striking power is still pretty powerful, it's not too much of a difference. I think the decisive advantage Batman would have over Dredd in a fight is skill; they are pretty close in strength and durability.

#8 Posted by Causeimbatman (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostodoofus: oh Dredd still has some good striking power, Bruce is just above by a fair bit.

#9 Posted by Ghostodoofus (1510 posts) - - Show Bio

@causeimbatman: Sorry, I looked at the giant feat again, Dredd staggered him with a kick but did not KO him. It's still impressive. Sure, striking strength goes to Bruce, just looked more at his feats and learned that he kicked Bane through steel door, punched off the branch of a large tree and split a motorcycle in half with a kick.

#10 Edited by Ghostodoofus (1510 posts) - - Show Bio

@causeimbatman: I assumed that if Dredd can lift more than Bruce, he could hit harder too but I was wrong, being stronger in one area does not make him stronger in all areas. A professional powerlifter doesn’t necessarily hit harder than a professional boxer.

#11 Posted by Causeimbatman (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostodoofus: Exaclty. Force is dependent on the mass of an object times it’s accleration aka Force= mass x acceleration. So how strong a punch would be would depend on the mass of Bruce’s fist and speed. It’s why striking powers differs from lifting, lifting is just pure strength.

#13 Posted by NormanBates (2578 posts) - - Show Bio

Dredd

#14 Posted by Helloman (9071 posts) - - Show Bio

Dredd wins.

#15 Posted by Ghostodoofus (1510 posts) - - Show Bio

@helloman: I think so too but this is a close one, Batman also has plenty of insane feats.

#16 Posted by Ghostodoofus (1510 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by AlphaQ (4931 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostodoofus: Is that giant feat consistent with his other feats?

Bruce has easily shattered Mr. Freeze’ bulletproof helmet, dented Red Hood’s helmet(bulletproof) with a headbutt, hurt and KOed Killer Croc(who tanks bullets with some pain) multiple times, oneshot Deathstroke with a kick and while extremely weakened, managed to stop William Cobb(a talon)’s healing factor to the point the court of owls didn’t bother to heal him(tho he came back later).

Dredd wins the arm wrestle

I'm pretty sure the Court of Owls didn't bother healing Cobb because they thought the psychological damage Bruce dealt him was so severe he would never be the same again.

#18 Posted by Causeimbatman (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

@alphaq: Yes, that’s a possibility but I wasn’t sure. Still impressive tho.

#19 Posted by Ghostodoofus (1510 posts) - - Show Bio

@alphaq: I really should have specified, I had the pre-52 Batman in mind when I made this thread but now I'm curious about the New 52 Bats. Is the New 52 Batman on par in strength with Dredd?

#20 Posted by AlphaQ (4931 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostodoofus: I know nothing about New 52 Batman other than he kicked a robot's head off, fought a hindered Deathstroke, beat Deathstroke and Deadshot at the same time with context, tanked a blast from a tank and got rekt by Lady Shiva.

#21 Edited by Ghostodoofus (1510 posts) - - Show Bio

@alphaq: I see. Who do you think would win in an arm wrestle between Batman and Judge Dredd?

#22 Posted by AlphaQ (4931 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostodoofus: I imagine Batman would win, but I can't really say.

#23 Posted by Ghostodoofus (1510 posts) - - Show Bio

@alphaq: I think it can go either way but I like to imagine Dredd winning because his feats of pure strength are more consistent.

#24 Posted by AlphaQ (4931 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostodoofus: I'd say he's more consistent than Pre-52 Batman but I heard from some reputable people on the Vine that current Batman is more tanky than he was previously.

#25 Posted by Causeimbatman (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

@alphaq: current Batman is very tanky. He beat up Bane’s army, body slammed Solomon Grundy and more. Pre-New 52 and New 52 are still better at pure strength tho

#26 Edited by Ghostodoofus (1510 posts) - - Show Bio

@causeimbatman: Even better than Dredd? I thought you agree that Dredd would win the arm wrestling match.

#27 Posted by Causeimbatman (1578 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostodoofus: I meant to say pre-new 52 and new 52 bats are better at pure strength than current not dredd

#28 Posted by Ghostodoofus (1510 posts) - - Show Bio

@causeimbatman: Oh ok. Sorry, my mistake. I really need to start reading the New 52 Batman stuff, read through New 52 Superman but couldn’t bear to finish it so I jumped right to the Rebirth Superman stories; Rebirth is amazing.

#29 Posted by Causeimbatman (1578 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Cable_Extreme (15072 posts) - - Show Bio

Which one of them has arm wrestling feats? Technique can defeat strength any-day. Batman has a better understanding of the human body, he could probably improvise a better technique than Dredd could.

Loading Video...

#32 Edited by Ghostodoofus (1510 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: Ah, I've seen this. Still feel a little salty over The Mountain losing even though he's way stronger hahaha. If we assume that Dredd and Batman both have equally good technique, it will ultimately come down to strength, who would win then?

#33 Edited by Cable_Extreme (15072 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostodoofus: assume they are equally good technique? Well that’s no fun now.

#34 Edited by Ghostodoofus (1510 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: Well, arm wrestling is first and foremost a test of strength and endurance, the is technique is the bonus.

#35 Edited by Cable_Extreme (15072 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostodoofus: that is like saying punching is about strength and not skill. Both are aspects of it, neither one is necessarily more important than the other.

If you are asking who is stronger, that is different than asking who would win an arm wrestling match. At least until you changed the rules once technique was brought up.

#36 Posted by Ghostodoofus (1510 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: There aren't much arm wrestling feats for either character so we can only theorise and assume that they are equals in technique.

#37 Posted by LDM (2999 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman has superior striking feats, but loses arm wrestling match

#39 Posted by Ghostodoofus (1510 posts) - - Show Bio

@ldm: I believed that Judge Dredd could hit harder than Batman because he can lift/push/pull more weight but I was wrong, Judge Dredd can't punch as hard as Batman for the same reason why a professional strongman likely can't punch as hard as a professional boxer.