Batman vs Godzilla

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wenjun_Chew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Batman vs Godzilla (71 votes)

Batman (DC) 30%
Godzilla (2014 Movie) 65%
Stalemate 6%

Who wins? READ the OP first.

• 
Wenjun_Chew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Wenjun_Chew

Batman (Comics version) saw Godzilla (2014 movie) as a threat and decided to take it down. He doesn't view it as a sentient being, so its expendable. He has already been educated of Godzilla's origin by the scientists.

Batman has 3 months of prep and has access to his regular equipment, such as Batwing, Batmobile, Bat robots - No access to Justice League resources. Batman also has help from Nightwing and Alfred Pennyworth.

Both combatants are in-character, with battle taking place across whole of United States and its surrounding oceans. Godzilla wins if Batman dies. Batman wins if Godzilla gets knocked out or dies.

Huey_Freeman34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godzilla obviously. You ever thought about maybe takin' a break from making battles?

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

Bruce's only option was BFR. Taking that away and there's no way he comes out on top.

Wenjun_Chew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Wenjun_Chew

@huey_freeman34 said:

Godzilla obviously. You ever thought about maybe takin' a break from making battles?

Already spent a few days watching movies that may provide inspiration for deriving story plots for Batman's contingency plan. For example, Nate Grey's precognition can be overcome by using Watchmen's Ozymandias' tachyons technique.

Also, how is Godzilla an obvious victor? Batman has access to all his regular resources. His batwing could drop bombs or fire missiles to injure Godzilla for instance. He has three months to find out Godzilla's weak spot and what type of weapon can penetrate its hide.

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wenjun_chew:

this was supposed to be a movie back in the 60s. based on the Adam West show. it looked like an interesting concept. but for this battle, I'd say Batman. He could whip up something to ward Godzilla back into the sea.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 juiceboks  Moderator
mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

@comedy_brosusa: No. He has to KO or Kill Godzilla. His only option is really to try and tire Godzilla out. I don't know if he has one in the comics, but in the cartoon he had a freeze missile.

Wenjun_Chew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@comedy_brosusa: No. He has to KO or Kill Godzilla. His only option is really to try and tire Godzilla out. I don't know if he has one in the comics, but in the cartoon he had a freeze missile.

If it can be depicted in the cartoon, it can be depicted in the comics as well

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

Not really. Someone needs to show a scan of him having the freeze missile in the comics. In the cartoon he mentions it was an idea he stole from Mr. Freeze. Batman could possibly win this, but I am going to need to see some proof.

Wenjun_Chew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wenjun_Chew

@lukehero: Its more of a plausibility thing. If in the cartoon or any other media a rich man is shown to have network connections that allows him to have access to a particular resource.... Then in similar situations in other media, we can assume that he has the same resources as well.

Nevertheless, here's the scan, which hints that Batman had plundered Mr. Freeze's technology upon the latter's defeats.

No Caption Provided

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Its more of a plausibility thing. If in the cartoon or any other media a rich man is shown to have network connections that allows him to have access to a particular resource.... Then in similar situations in other media, we can assume that he has the same resources as well.

Nevertheless, here's the scan, which hints that Batman had plundered Mr. Freeze's technology upon the latter's defeats.

No Caption Provided

No. That is some very bad logic you are using there. You actually have to show what the comic creation can actually do & has done in character. His cartoon counterpart is irrelevant.

How does this scan show anything of that sort?

Wenjun_Chew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Batman is the representation of a human's achievements. If its plausible for a human in Universe X to do ZZZ, why is it not plausible for a human with similar resources in Universe Y to do the same ZZZ?

This scan shows that Batman has contingency plans against Plastic Man by using freeze technology. This technology is most likely gotten from Mr. Freeze.

KydJhesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No prep, he's batman.

comedy_brosUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

since Batman doesn't "kill" I didn't know what to do. I was gonna say he lures him in and then drops a bomb on him, but He has a tranquilizer gun. he could probably put one giant one at the end of the bat-plane and nail it into him when he's in the water.

@comedy_brosusa: Read the OP. Batman has to kill or knock out Godzilla.

yeah I kinda forgot. I was originally going to say lures him in and drops a bat-bomb or something, but since he doesn't kill I couldn't think of a plausible way of warding him off.

@lukehero said:
@wenjun_chew said:

@lukehero said:

Not really. Someone needs to show a scan of him having the freeze missile in the comics. In the cartoon he mentions it was an idea he stole from Mr. Freeze. Batman could possibly win this, but I am going to need to see some proof.

I looked online and I couldn't find anything. knowing his skills, he usually has a few tricks up his sleeve. but even so, freezing something that large, he'd have to like steal all of Freeze's technology or something cause he's probably the only one who has enough power to freeze something that large.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Batman is the representation of a human's achievements. If its plausible for a human in Universe X to do ZZZ, why is it not plausible for a human with similar resources in Universe Y to do the same ZZZ?

This scan shows that Batman has contingency plans against Plastic Man by using freeze technology. This technology is most likely gotten from Mr. Freeze.

That's super faulty logic. They are two separate universes and have nothing to do with each other besides the use of the same character. They are however completely different.

That scan did not show that at all. You're going to have to show the full deal where someone says or shows he has Mr. Freeze's tech. Even if he did, he is going to need something really big to freeze Godzilla 2014, who is on record as being the largest Godzilla.

Wenjun_Chew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

That's super faulty logic. They are two separate universes and have nothing to do with each other besides the use of the same character. They are however completely different.

That scan did not show that at all. You're going to have to show the full deal where someone says or shows he has Mr. Freeze's tech. Even if he did, he is going to need something really big to freeze Godzilla 2014, who is on record as being the largest Godzilla.

They may be completely different characters but they are still similar in characteristics. There's no rule that says similar characters cannot be compared. If there's such a rule, then there would be no fictional battles between cross-fiction characters in the first place.

Doesn't matter whether the tech belonged to Mr. Freeze, the fact is that Batman did possess such technology. Yes, he needs something big to freeze Godzilla, which is why he could extend the freezing technology to make some sort of freeze ray that can freeze skyscraper-level beings.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

He is Batman. He'll beat Godzilla

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godzilla just sweeps the city with some fire breath. Godizilla with a curbstomp

Wenjun_Chew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oni_bane said:

Godzilla just sweeps the city with some fire breath. Godizilla with a curbstomp

Fail. Batman can escape via his batwing or just retreat underground to avoid Godzilla's attack.

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Oni_Bane

I guess he can escape collapsing buildings, burning debris and dodge fire. Batwing would be destroyed in seconds GODZILLA FTW ALL DAY EVER DAY

Wenjun_Chew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oni_bane: And he did. Batman's skillful pilot in maneuvering obstacles. And Batwing has been destroyed many times before and he escapes with his life.

Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol Batman aint poisoning Godzilla this time. Sorry man, Godzilla is too much for batman.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have yet to see the new movie, but will say this and this alone.

Nothing has been shown to be able to kill Gojira.

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Oni_Bane

@oni_bane: And he did. Batman's skillful pilot in maneuvering obstacles. And Batwing has been destroyed many times before and he escapes with his life.

Godzilla just destroys the whole city with Batman in it. Let me guess he has a batgrenade that destroys anything and everything except humans. GTFO of here dude. Show some feats where Batman fight 200 ft tall monsters and wins.

Wenjun_Chew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shot said:

lol Batman aint poisoning Godzilla this time. Sorry man, Godzilla is too much for batman.

Why not?

I have yet to see the new movie, but will say this and this alone.

Nothing has been shown to be able to kill Gojira.

No limits fallacy. I guess that means Galactus can't kill Godzilla either.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Pretty sure Batman has access to white dwarf star technology. Apokoliptian tech too. He shrinks Godzilla then boom tubes him into the heart of a star.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#27  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

How is this even a battle?

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman in an epic stomp via BFR

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Batkick ftw

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Is Anti-Big Rampaging Lizard with NUCLEAR BREATH Spray in play?

If so, Batman Stomp.

Huey_Freeman34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theocitylegend: the OP reads that Batman has to either knockout or kill Godzilla so BFR isn't an option.

Wenjun--Chew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@huey_freeman34: He can BFR him into the sun actually, but Batman's regular equipment used in his regular comics (Outside of Justice League) lacks that, so that's out of the question.

I suppose Batman can figure out Godzilla's food (Does he eat in the movie? I haven't watched that) and set up some poisoned bait for instance.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're thread making is a no limits fallacy.

Cerberus369616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wenjun--chew: Godzilla survives off of radiation. Generally the radiation released by the earth's core.

I don't think Batman can win, Godzilla has no discernible weakness. Honestly batman's best bet would be to just leave Godzilla alone since the Big G doesn't really cause problems for no reason but that is being to realistic. In theory with 3 Month's prep he could tire the Big green out over the course of a few weeks with some heavy ordinance and robots but He isn't gonna be able to knock him out or kill him, especially without causing some kind of significant life loss do to his own actions. Maybe he could build an Oxygen Destroyer or something though lol. Godzilla doen't have the speed feats to make me think he could shoot down or take out Batman if the Dark Knight was being cautious.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godzilla is too much for Batman, for reasons many have already stated.

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Valdemocnij
Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godzilla wins.

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How admin's and moderators can tolerate this... did you will guys, wait for thousands more threads like this one of him... and then do something... Why you guys not nip it in the bud, for example to others... ?

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godzilla uses his atomic breath to roast the city

Huey_Freeman34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wenjun--chew: it's typically not a good idea to make battles using characters that you're not somewhat knowledgeable about; if you haven't seen Godzilla then you shouldn't be usin' him.

Moving on to your inquiry about Godzilla's eating habits--he wasn't shown to have any. The Kaiju he fought against literally ate nukes but I'm pretty sure that all of their bodies were nourished from the radiation in the atmosphere. The only way I can see Batman winning this is by utilizing the aforementioned "freezing" theory. However, until someone proves that the freeze tech is part of his standard gear, I'm writing it off.

Huey_Freeman34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valdemocnij: I agree. I'm new and I am already dumbfounded by the lack of moderation on these forums.

duhyeager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wenjun--chew: seriously what is wrong with you!! You always resort to poisoning. When has batman ever resorted to poisoning someone??? You are crazy!

Avatar image for imperator_nocturne
Imperator_Nocturne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

freezing him woudn´t even do anything to him, he was frozen a dozens of time and everytime he came free he was fresh and ready to go, woudn´t count that as KO

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@huey_freeman34: Its not part of his regular equipment, but he does have it in his batcave as part of his regular, non-Justice League resources.

Awesomedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Awesomedude

Make a Batman vs Zoom or Batman vs Amazo.

Anyways, leaning with Godzilla here.