Batman vs Gladiator

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wenjun--Chew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Wenjun--Chew

Poll Batman vs Gladiator (28 votes)

Batman 18%
Gladiator 71%
Draw 11%

Who wins in a fight? Read the OP first.

• 
Wenjun--Chew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Wenjun--Chew

This is a FAIR FIGHT, Batman can beat Superman so I don't see why this would be a spite against Batman.

Batman is Post-Crisis, Pre-New 52 version.

Gladiator is Marvel Comics' Superman Expy.

1. Both sides in-character
  2. Batman has 5 months prep
  3. Batman has access to resources as seen in his arsenal located in his cave
  4. No BFR scenario
  5. Batman already knows some basic information about Gladiator through Wikipedia
  6. Both sides are on their own with no outside help - Outside help defined as characters directly assisting him during the fight.
  7. No retreating during the actual fight.
  8. Winner by knock-out or death
kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By kyrees

@wenjun--chew: it's a mismatch. gladiator is marvel's superman but he doesn't possess the same weakness superman has. in fact, gladiator will be more than likely to kill batman than superman considering kallark doesn't care much for his enemies. it's also a duplicate thread.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/batman-vs-gladiator-737026/

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/batman-vs-gladiator-1463723/

@god_spawn@saren an epic mismatch and a dupe thread.

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude...... This is an epic mismatch. You really overestimate Batman. Either that or you're a troll.

dagmar_merrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By dagmar_merrill

This is not a fair fight.

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wenjun--chew: Again with the mismatches man. You give Batman fans a bad name. Tell me when Superman lost to Batman? Scans? Gladiator doesn't hold back and speed blitzes and kills Batman before he can even set his 'prep' in motion.

@god_spawn@saren This is like the 5th mismatch this guy has created. If I made a DBZ thread it would have been locked already.

Wenjun--Chew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:

it's a mismatch. gladiator is marvel's superman but he doesn't possess the same weakness superman has. in fact, gladiator will be more than likely to kill batman than superman considering kallark doesn't care much for his enemies. it's also a duplicate thread.

Its not. Batman has been given opportunity to research on Gladiator and before that he already knows something basic about Gladiator.

Not only that, Gladiator has psychological weakness. Batman can do something to weaken his confidence and thus give him a window of opportunity to take out Gladiator.

People please stop saying that "just because character X has no obvious weakness means he has no weakness at all"

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Mrnoital

@oni_bane: he'll use the non-canon Dark Knight Returns

Wenjun--Chew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oni_bane said:

Again with the mismatches man. You give Batman fans a bad name. Tell me when Superman lost to Batman? Scans? Gladiator doesn't hold back and speed blitzes and kills Batman before he can even set his 'prep' in motion.

@god_spawn@saren This is like the 5th mismatch this guy has created. If I made a DBZ thread it would have been locked already.

The Batman hate here is just as severe as the Superman hate.

Batman has shown that he is capable of exploiting Superman's weakness many many times, and not just in non-canon stories but in canon ones as well.

Yet when Batman has knowledge of another character's weakness people refuse to acknowledge that Batman is also capable of taking out the other character? Talk about double standards.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided

Thitiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wenjun--chew: Gladiator has no weakness that can be exploited as easily as Superman nice try but you threads will just keep being locked.

@kyrees said:

@wenjun--chew: it's a mismatch. gladiator is marvel's superman but he doesn't possess the same weakness superman has. in fact, gladiator will be more than likely to kill batman than superman considering kallark doesn't care much for his enemies. it's also a duplicate thread.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/batman-vs-gladiator-737026/

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/batman-vs-gladiator-1463723/

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kyrees

@wenjun--chew: his psychological weakness isn't really that exploitable when he's pretty much trained on the strontian version of army training. he's also far well versed in fighting beings scarier than batman. gladiator is pretty much morals off all the time so he will not just stand there and talk to his enemies as superman does.

you shouldn't claim that batman can fight weakpoints on his enemies because i can also say that any character can find batman's weakpoints as well and use it against him. in fact, gladiator won't even go near to him, he'd just destroyed him with a speedblitz or heat vision from a distance.

Wenjun--Chew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whats with the image post? You don't believe that Gladiator's weakness can be exploited?

Wenjun--Chew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:

his psychological weakness isn't really that exploitable when he's pretty much trained on the strontian version of army training. he's also far well versed in fighting beings scarier than batman. gladiator is pretty much morals off all the time so he will not just stand there and talk to his enemies as superman does.

you shouldn't claim that batman can fight weakpoints on his enemies because i can also say that any character can find batman's weakpoints as well and use it against him. in fact, gladiator won't even go near to him, he'd just destroyed him with a speedblitz or heat vision from a distance.

There's no other rules however.

Batman has shown feats that demonstrate that he can exploit psychological weaknesses in his opponents, such as his counter-measure against Green Lantern and Wonder Woman. What is so different between Gladiator and Green Lantern/Wonder Woman?

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oni_bane said:

Again with the mismatches man. You give Batman fans a bad name. Tell me when Superman lost to Batman? Scans? Gladiator doesn't hold back and speed blitzes and kills Batman before he can even set his 'prep' in motion.

Batman has shown that he is capable of exploiting Superman's weakness many many times, and not just in non-canon stories but in canon ones as well.

Yet when Batman has knowledge of another character's weakness people refuse to acknowledge that Batman is also capable of taking out the other character? Talk about double standards.

I don't Batman or Superman. He has shown to exploit Superman's super obvious weakness, that anyone with enough money could just buy. What fights are you talking about? Hush? When SM was mind controlled and Batman himself said he wasn't trying to fight him just hold him off? Give me some scans dude. Gladiator is a morals off Superman who has no qualm with killing. As soon as he figures out Bats doesn't have powers, his confidence will be at a all time high making him all but unstoppable.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@wenjun--chew:

You don't believe that Gladiator's weakness can be exploited?

No Caption Provided

Wenjun--Chew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oni_bane said:

@oni_bane said:

I don't Batman or Superman. He has shown to exploit Superman's super obvious weakness, that anyone with enough money could just buy. What fights are you talking about? Hush? When SM was mind controlled and Batman himself said he wasn't trying to fight him just hold him off? Give me some scans dude. Gladiator is a morals off Superman who has no qualm with killing. As soon as he figures out Bats doesn't have powers, his confidence will be at a all time high making him all but unstoppable.

I see everyone likes to talk about "obvious/not obvious weakness".

Whether a weakness is obvious or not doesn't matter, the fact is that its a weakness that Batman can catch on AND WILL EXPLOIT.

Do you really think Batman will face Gladiator in a face-to-face combat without some countermeasure? He will definitely for example, induce some psychological block in Gladiator that give Gladiator extremely overwhelming emotions that make him think that the world is against him and thus weaken him.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 juiceboks  Moderator

Gladiator stomps. There is literally nothing Batman can do in this scenario.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@oni_bane said:

@oni_bane said:

Whether a weakness is obvious or not doesn't matter, the fact is that its a weakness that Batman can catch on AND WILL EXPLOIT.

Do you really think Batman will face Gladiator in a face-to-face combat without some countermeasure? He will definitely for example, induce some psychological block in Gladiator that give Gladiator extremely overwhelming emotions that make him think that the world is against him and thus weaken him.

let me guess, he'd accomplish this by sneaking into gladiators home and poisoning him

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wenjun--chew: because strontians are different from humans. they have inbuilt psi resistance unlike humans. kallark is already mentally tough enough to murder his own kind and being a member of the imperial guard of the shiar empire pretty much allows him to have experiences on battles all over the universe.

Oni_Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oni_bane said:

@oni_bane said:

You keep coming up with these 'What if' scenarios. You think you would learn. But you don't. Give me some scans or STFU!!! once again why did you make this thread if you already had a clear winner in mind? Your the OP you're not even suppose to debating.

_Gaff_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Didn't read anything. Just going to post this.

Wenjun--Chew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital: That's one possible way, but that's not the only way.

@kyrees said:

because strontians are different from humans. they have inbuilt psi resistance unlike humans. kallark is already mentally tough enough to murder his own kind and being a member of the imperial guard of the shiar empire pretty much allows him to have experiences on battles all over the universe.

Batman can simply research on Kallark's history (He already possesses basic knowledge of that), and then figure out what can weaken Kallark. The fact is that Gladiator showed feats of being weaker than optimal.

chaos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wenjun--chew: what can batman do to lower his confidence? And the reason bats can psychologically affect gl and wonder woman is that he actually knows them personally not through Wikipedia.

Wenjun--Chew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Wenjun--Chew

@oni_bane said:

@oni_bane said:

@oni_bane said:

You keep coming up with these 'What if' scenarios. You think you would learn. But you don't. Give me some scans or STFU!!! once again why did you make this thread if you already had a clear winner in mind? Your the OP you're not even suppose to debating.

Scans? Why don't you read Tower of Babel storyline? Its the finest example of Post-Crisis, Pre-New 52 Batman being able to overcome at least herald-level opponents with some preparation and plundered resources.

So I can't debate in the thread I had created? Should I make a thread saying "Why Batman can beat Gladiator" instead?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#25 god_spawn  Moderator