• 106 results
Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Super-Buster

Didn't see this in recap. Hope this works...

vs.

In a forrest...

Post Edited:2008-04-22 19:58:51

Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Super-Buster

I don't get it, why did only the first pic work?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Its been done but I'm willing to do it again if no one can find the original.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Methos

Super-Buster says:

"I don't get it, why did only the first pic work?"

because PNG's require the HTML IMG SRC code to make them work, JPG's and GIF's don't...

but yeah, it's already been done...

it'll be somewhere in the recap thread i'm sure

M

Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Super-Buster

Methos says:

"Super-Buster says:
"I don't get it, why did only the first pic work?"

because PNG's require the HTML IMG SRC code to make them work, JPG's and GIF's don't...

but yeah, it's already been done...

it'll be somewhere in the recap thread i'm sure

M"

Ah, I see, so for pngs I need to copy the IMG code?

The Re-Cap thread is missing some battles (a lot).

I actually wrote down all the battle threads mentioned in Re-CAp, Batman vs. Gambit isn't on there.

Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Super-Buster

Hah!, I got it (its HTML, I got a little confused). Thanks M.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Methos

No...

M

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#8  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Apparition

i want to see what people think...

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Methos

I'm siding with Batman for this fight...

M

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Buckshot says:

"This might be what's being thought of:
" />http://www.comicvine.com/message/cyclops-and-gambit-vs-batman-and-nightwing/657657/"

No it was further back then that. Like 0'7

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Nighthunter

I'm thinking....Batman

Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Super-Buster

Methos says:

"No...M"

Yeah, I got it now M, thanks.

Anyways, anyone got an opinion on this battle? If we could get some discussion going, then maybe it won't be locked. I'll argue either side.

Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Super-Buster

Okay, I'm going to eat and when I get back I'll argue Gambit if no one's taken up his side by then.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Explosive batarangs!

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Well, lets have it then. Gambit.

T.J. Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By T.J. Magnum

i go with bats,just a gut feeling

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Apparition

i'm inclined to say batman but gambit could easily win.

Avatar image for platinumwarrior
Platinumwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Platinumwarrior

Batman should win this

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By King_Saturn

Batman should win here. And we did do this fight before. I believe it was done where Batman would fight Gambit in Gotham City.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Well Batman has every gadget known to man in his belt. Battles with him involved are hard to defend against simply because you name it, he's got it. The question would be if he used the right one at the right time. Its not like he sits back and just unloads gadget after gadget. In fact how often does he use certain gadgets? How in character is it for him to start the fight off using knockout gas? I'm just asking cause I see alot of battles where these items all but guarantee him a victory.

Avatar image for platinumwarrior
Platinumwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By Platinumwarrior

Gambler says:

"Well Batman has every gadget known to man in his belt. Battles with him involved are hard to defend against simply because you name it, he's got it. The question would be if he used the right one at the right time. Its not like he sits back and just unloads gadget after gadget. In fact how often does he use certain gadgets? How in character is it for him to start the fight off using knockout gas? I'm just asking cause I see alot of battles where these items all but guarantee him a victory."

Well batman is unpredictable with most of his gadgets. For instance he could cut of a branch with a batarang to distract Gambit before he attacks (since its in a forest). Plus im pretty sure bats can take gambit in close combat.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Platinumwarrior says:

"Gambler says:
"Well Batman has every gadget known to man in his belt. Battles with him involved are hard to defend against simply because you name it, he's got it. The question would be if he used the right one at the right time. Its not like he sits back and just unloads gadget after gadget. In fact how often does he use certain gadgets? How in character is it for him to start the fight off using knockout gas? I'm just asking cause I see alot of battles where these items all but guarantee him a victory."

Well batman is unpredictable with most of his gadgets. For instance he could cut of a branch with a batarang to distract Gambit before he attacks (since its in a forest). Plus im pretty sure bats can take gambit in close combat.

"

Doesn't really answer my question. Thats just setting up a scenario.

Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Super-Buster

Master of over 200 different styles!

Sorry, Buck started it.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Worlds greatest detective!

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Post Deleted.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Apparition

Gambler says:

"Platinumwarrior says:
"Gambler says:
Well batman is unpredictable with most of his gadgets. For instance he could cut of a branch with a batarang to distract Gambit before he attacks (since its in a forest). Plus im pretty sure bats can take gambit in close combat. "
Doesn't really answer my question. Thats just setting up a scenario."

who knows what they'd do? i'd think both of them would try to finish the fight off as quickly as possible. is batman sitting there studying gambit? does he just want to take him out? does he underestimate him? i dont know.

batman could get caught in the first few seconds trying to evade a card that suddenly blows him and knocks him off his feet only to get hit by three more cards that either kill him or knock him out. or he could avoid enough of that first explosion to step up his game and knock gambit out with the knockout gas or one of a dozen of weapons he has on him. batman's just got too many weapons and if gambit doesnt take him out before batman figures out how dangerous he is, then i'd guess it would be over for gambit.

Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Super-Buster

Buckshot says:

"Doesn't answer the question!"

There was a question?!

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Super-Buster says:

"Master of over 200 different styles!"

Doesn't answer the question!

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Apparition says:

"Gambler says:
"Platinumwarrior says:
"Gambler says:
Well batman is unpredictable with most of his gadgets. For instance he could cut of a branch with a batarang to distract Gambit before he attacks (since its in a forest). Plus im pretty sure bats can take gambit in close combat. "
Doesn't really answer my question. Thats just setting up a scenario."

who knows what they'd do? i'd think both of them would try to finish the fight off as quickly as possible. is batman sitting there studying gambit? does he just want to take him out? does he underestimate him? i dont know.

batman could get caught in the first few seconds trying to evade a card that suddenly blows him and knocks him off his feet only to get hit by three more cards that either kill him or knock him out. or he could avoid enough of that first explosion to step up his game and knock gambit out with the knockout gas or one of a dozen of weapons he has on him. batman's just got too many weapons and if gambit doesnt take him out before batman figures out how dangerous he is, then i'd guess it would be over for gambit."

For some reason I cant see Batman getting caught by Gambit's cards. I can see him dodging them while unleashing smoke/knock out/exploding/electric/or regular bat-a-rangs. I also don't see Batman underestimating Gambit. I'd say Batman is a better shot also, possible hitting Gambit in the hand as he attempts to throw a card.

I wasnt really asking what Batman WOULD do, I was more asking how commonly he used some of his gadgets. We see the bat-a-rangs quite a bit, but smoke and knock out gas are items you dont see to often. Maybe thats just for the story. I dont know.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Gambler says:

"For some reason I cant see Batman getting caught by Gambit's cards. I can see him dodging them while unleashing smoke/knock out/exploding/electric/or regular bat-a-rangs. I also don't see Batman underestimating Gambit. I'd say Batman is a better shot also, possible hitting Gambit in the hand as he attempts to throw a card.I wasnt really asking what Batman WOULD do, I was more asking how commonly he used some of his gadgets. We see the bat-a-rangs quite a bit, but smoke and knock out gas are items you dont see to often. Maybe thats just for the story. I dont know."

I was going to go on with short-as-possible responses, but I don't think I can respond to this with one of those. I think the amount of use each gadget gets depends a lot on the story. For example, Batman might use a KO gas pellet on a room full of guards in an outer room, but then go into where the main guy is and fight it out. The pellets would be just as effective on the main guy, but just knocking him out makes takes the fun out of it. The more destructive stuff doesn't get used as much (but still more or less regularly) because Batman usually works stealthily. When there's a big enemy/monster or he's in a situation where he's in danger or needs to do major damage, he'll switch to his stronger stuff. He packs all of it though, whether he uses everything daily or not.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Post Deleted.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Apparition

Buckshot says:

"Gambler says:
" For some reason I cant see Batman getting caught by Gambit's cards. I can see him dodging them while unleashing smoke/knock out/exploding/electric/or regular bat-a-rangs. I also don't see Batman underestimating Gambit. I'd say Batman is a better shot also, possible hitting Gambit in the hand as he attempts to throw a card. I wasnt really asking what Batman WOULD do, I was more asking how commonly he used some of his gadgets. We see the bat-a-rangs quite a bit, but smoke and knock out gas are items you dont see to often. Maybe thats just for the story. I dont know."
I was going to go on with short-as-possible responses, but I don't think I can respond to this with one of those. I think the amount of use each gadget gets depends a lot on the story. For example, Batman might use a KO gas pellet on a room full of guards in an outer room, but then go into where the main guy is and fight it out. The pellets would be just as effective on the main guy, but just knocking him out makes takes the fun out of it. The more destructive stuff doesn't get used as much (but still more or less regularly) because Batman usually works stealthily. When there's a big enemy/monster or he's in a situation where he's in danger or needs to do major damage, he'll switch to his stronger stuff. He packs all of it though, whether he uses everything daily or not. "

see that's what i'm thinking. its not important how often he uses it but how quickly he founds out how dangerous gambit is. in a comic batman only uses his gadgets cause the story calls for them, but here he'd use whatever he needed to use to guarantee that he'd beat gambit. that's what i was trying to say anyway.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Wait, if its not important how often someone uses an attack then I guess that means Gambit could unload his full deck destroying an area that Batman coudn't avoid right?

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I'm ####ing psychic.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Apparition says:

"if he thought batman was dangerous enough for that kind of overkill. remember i said how quickly batman figures out how dangerous gambit is..."

Gambit would most defiantly underestimate Batman before Batman underestimated him (in my opinion) at the very least Gambit would run his mouth first.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Apparition says:

"Gambler says:
"Apparition says:
"if he thought batman was dangerous enough for that kind of overkill. remember i said how quickly batman figures out how dangerous gambit is..."
Gambit would most defiantly **underestimate** Batman before Batman underestimated him (in my opinion) at the very least Gambit would run his mouth first."

well then it really looks like he'd lose... sorry"

I'll manage :P

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Apparition

if he thought batman was dangerous enough for that kind of overkill. remember i said how quickly batman figures out how dangerous gambit is...

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Apparition says:

"Buckshot says:
"I'm ####ing psychic."

you are???"

I knew what was coming ~15 minutes ago. Maybe I am Midnighter.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Apparition

Buckshot says:

"Apparition says:
"Buckshot says:
"I'm ####ing psychic."
you are???"
I knew what was coming ~15 minutes ago. Maybe I *am* Midnighter. "

lol i got what you mean now! maybe you are!

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Apparition

Buckshot says:

"I'm ####ing psychic."

you are???

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Apparition

Gambler says:

"Apparition says:
"Gambler says:
"Apparition says:
Gambit would most defiantly **underestimate** Batman before Batman underestimated him (in my opinion) at the very least Gambit would run his mouth first."
well then it really looks like he'd lose... sorry"
I'll manage :P"

lol

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Apparition

Gambler says:

"Apparition says:

well then it really looks like he'd lose... sorry

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Sling Shot

Buckshot says:

"Apparition says:
"Buckshot says:
"I'm ####ing psychic."

you are???"

I knew what was coming ~15 minutes ago. Maybe I am Midnighter. "

Then your gay.

Sorry, it was there.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Everyone else left it alone...

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Static Shock
Super-Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Super-Buster

Buckshot says

I see, you were actually trying to answer the discussion with your little posts, damn I feel like a moron, thanks Buck.

Avatar image for phoenixsouvenir
The_Absolute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By The_Absolute

Batman's my dude, but I think Gambit's got this one. He's faster and tons more agile than Bats. There isn't any martial art or genuine tactic (by genuine I mean non-story related like Gambit was drunk, or so angry he wasn't thinking straighter, etc) that Batman could utilize that would be effective and Gambits.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I hate to say it, but I dont believe Gambit is more agile then Batman. Certainly not tons.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Sling Shot

I believe he is. Writers need to lend credence to the powers of characters. If you were jumping with springs in your joints it would take less of your energy reserves to continuously jump and the height of your jumps would be much higher.

This is the advantage Gambit has over Bats as far as athletic agility. It's in the template of his power.