Batman vs Deathstroke?

SSG335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SSG335

Did they ever fight before?Was it Canon?If so Who Won?

DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000

they fought a couple times and DS mopped the floor with him

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By vuviper

Red_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Red_Blade

I think the only time that Batman won a fight against DS was in the IC, and DS lost on purpose plus Robin and Nightwing were with Bats

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By vuviper
@Red_Blade said:
" I think the only time that Batman won a fight against DS was in the IC, and DS lost on purpose plus Robin and Nightwing were with Bats "
He beat him when DS didn't have powers, lol
Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@vuviper: There was another occasion where Slade nearly killed him again.    
Red_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Red_Blade
@vuviper said:
" @Red_Blade said:
" I think the only time that Batman won a fight against DS was in the IC, and DS lost on purpose plus Robin and Nightwing were with Bats "
He beat him when DS didn't have powers, lol "
Yeah I heard about that
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vuviper
@The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" @vuviper: There was another occasion where Slade nearly killed him again.     "
Oh, do you know when? maybe the issue or series...
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vuviper: 

CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CosmicSpiral

As stated, DS has whooped Batman in the past. 

SSG335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SSG335
@vuviper said:

" @Red_Blade said:

Well You all just some bunch of Nerds arent you? Since when did Batman have powers
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By vuviper
@SSG335 said:
" @vuviper said:

" @Red_Blade said:

Well You all just some bunch of Nerds arent you? Since when did Batman have powers "
Deathstroke didn't have powers...
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By vuviper
@The Mjolnir Wielder: 
He ends up beating him in that comic

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

@SSG335:
Wha????  Who said Batman had powers? 

Undergroundgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Undergroundgod

Slade wins the battle, Bruce wins the war!
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vuviper: Slade still could've finished him off whenever he wanted to, as Batman was left completely defenseless at least two times in that fight.
Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

@vuviper:
After, what?, the third time?  and with Deathstrokes own gun to boot :\ 
 ( I have the issue, just been awhile since I read it)
lol
ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ThanosIsMad

Without PIS, Batman loses.  Deathstroke is stronger, faster, so on and so forth.

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19  Edited By Zoom
@vuviper said:
" @Red_Blade said:

Yeah but even then, he's only 1 for 2.
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By vuviper
@Zoom said:
" @vuviper said:
" @Red_Blade said:
Yeah but even then, he's only 1 for 2. "
I think the best showing is still the one I posted earlier, good fight.
Drache64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By Drache64

sorry if i'm ressurecting this but i thought it better than starting a new thread, Why doesnt batman use his gadgets? sure in hand to hand im pretty sure slade would mop up. but slade only seems to have very basic equipment. im sure batman could pull out a few surprises if he used his tech instead of his fists. I've seen noncannon equipment thats pretty amazing that batman used before, im sure he could actually use some of it weather it was non cannon or not, like the bullet reflector from gotham knight, imagin if he created something like that to work against physical attacks. im just saying that every instance i've looked up was fist vs fist. but slade has super powers and batman has super gadgets. anyone else wonder these things? C'mon guys why wouldnt batman use gadgets expecially if he has taken beatings from slade in the past.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By dane
@Drache64:
Slade has very basic equipment? A suit of Prometheum Armor, A Prometheum Broadsword, his Prometheum Blasting Staff, an assortment of high-end military grade explosives and firearms, custom made counter measures for the entire Justice League and most other heroes.

Doesn't sound too basic to me.
Drache64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Drache64
@Dane: i guess i stand corrected then. i know nothing of any of this promethian equipment you speak of. i just havent ever seen slade use it then. note: im not a big follower of DS, but even so, bat has access to WAY better than high end military grade. like i said though, ive seen Bats use a force feild in noncannon work, like gotham knight, im wondering why he wouldnt be able to pull somthing like this out of his LIMITLESS arsenal. slade is the ultimate fighter, but bats is the ultimate inventor tactician, (note: i didnt say inventor/tactician, i said Inventor-tactician, which means he can invent things to coincide with his tactics) But i am admittenly a novice, and i would just like to know WHY what i propose isn't possible.
SlovBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By SlovBoy

Hi Guys!

I wanted to start a new thread but since this one is already ''open'' I'll just continue here...

I've started to delve into the ''martial arts'' world of the DCU and I'm reading comics that fit that term. No H2H fight has risen more ''controversy'' and forum posts than the Batman vs Deathstroke battle. I've read the one where they met for the first time (Deathstroke the Terminator #8 and #9) but I'm also looking for others and I was wondering if any of you could help me out :)

I gotta say the MA world of DC is pretty interesting to read, but it has it's fair share of discrepancies (but isn't that the case with every hero/villian showdown). I, for one, always assumed that because of Batman's obsession with stopping crime and his constant pursuit towards physical and mental perfection kinda made him, in my eyes, the perfect candidate for being the greatest martial artist in the DC Universe. In this DC Wiki entry it writes: Master Martial Artist: Wayne is well trained in multiple martial arts. His primary form of combat is an idiosyncratic admixture of Tae Kwon Do, Judo, Muay Thai, Dragon Style Kung Fu, Boxing, Jujitsu, and Ninjitsu. Wayne is one of the finest human combatants Earth has ever known. I of course understand there are those who might be slightly better - Lady Shiva, Richard Dragon, maybe even Cassandra Cain (but that's a maybe) but I would personally place Batman at the number 3 spot, sharing it with his equal - Bronze Tiger (that's what I got when I read the comic of their bout). I wouldn't place DS on that list because he's enhanced (a fact he gave away when they fought for the first time).

Don't think of me as a Batman fan, I'm just wondering what you guys think of this whole matter.

Thanks!

Vezok123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Vezok123

batman... Cause hes fu#%ing batman!

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#26  Edited By Billy Batson

Okay then.
BB

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jeanroygrant

@vuviper said:

Deathstroke

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By vuviper

@SlovBoy said:

Hi Guys!

I wanted to start a new thread but since this one is already ''open'' I'll just continue here...

I've started to delve into the ''martial arts'' world of the DCU and I'm reading comics that fit that term. No H2H fight has risen more ''controversy'' and forum posts than the Batman vs Deathstroke battle. I've read the one where they met for the first time (Deathstroke the Terminator #8 and #9) but I'm also looking for others and I was wondering if any of you could help me out :)

I gotta say the MA world of DC is pretty interesting to read, but it has it's fair share of discrepancies (but isn't that the case with every hero/villian showdown). I, for one, always assumed that because of Batman's obsession with stopping crime and his constant pursuit towards physical and mental perfection kinda made him, in my eyes, the perfect candidate for being the greatest martial artist in the DC Universe. In this DC Wiki entry it writes: Master Martial Artist: Wayne is well trained in multiple martial arts. His primary form of combat is an idiosyncratic admixture of Tae Kwon Do, Judo, Muay Thai, Dragon Style Kung Fu, Boxing, Jujitsu, and Ninjitsu. Wayne is one of the finest human combatants Earth has ever known. I of course understand there are those who might be slightly better - Lady Shiva, Richard Dragon, maybe even Cassandra Cain (but that's a maybe) but I would personally place Batman at the number 3 spot, sharing it with his equal - Bronze Tiger (that's what I got when I read the comic of their bout). I wouldn't place DS on that list because he's enhanced (a fact he gave away when they fought for the first time).

Don't think of me as a Batman fan, I'm just wondering what you guys think of this whole matter.

Thanks!

Here's my thoughts on most of the top MA in DC. http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/vuviper/top-melee-combatants/75-11561/ it's a little old though...

Notice that Deathstroke isn't actually on that list because his strength, speed, endurance, and cognition have all been enhanced.

Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Kinasin_

Batman thumped him twice. Once he sneaked up on him and knocked him out also. When they first fought slade even mentions something along the lines of not being able to believe how good of a fight batman gave him.

That said the inner fanboy in me screams Batman and in martial arts batman is probably superior. With prep batman would beat out deathstroke imo. In this match I'll give a 7 out of ten to deathstroke just because of the reality of him having powers and thumping him in the past although batman never rolled over. Batman could possibly pull off more than I said with pure ingenuity/Batgear being used to it's full potential.

brainwave_200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By brainwave_200

most likely deathstroke cause he has superpowers, but batman has defeated some powerful people before. so you never really know for sure.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By nickthedevil

alrighty then

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By darktiger

slade wins based on previous wins against batman

xDJTunez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By xDJTunez

Could Bats beat Slade with prep?

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#34  Edited By ChaosBlazer

Currently Slade outclasses Batman physically and has a healing factor. Plus he has weapons that are fatal (swords, while Batman has grappling wire, batarangs etc)

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#35  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

DeathStroke can not be beaten not even by Batman

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jashro44

I feel the need to mention since this thread was made before flashpoint we are using pre 52 deathstroke. And Slade wins because of past encounters and better physicals.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By darktiger

@jashro44 said:

I feel the need to mention since this thread was made before flashpoint we are using pre 52 deathstroke. And Slade wins because of past encounters and better physicals.

agreed

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By renamed040924

@xDJTunez said:

Could Bats beat Slade with prep?

It depends. Slade is just as good a strategist as Batman, so if they both get prep, Deathstroke still wins.

However, if only Batman gets prep, then yes he'll probably win. And, knowing Batman, it probably will be just him getting prep.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Cable_Extreme

Batman doesn't go for the kill, Deathstroke is a assassin that is trained to kill. Slade uses 90% of his brain and is super strong,fast, and tough. Deathstroke admitted that he wouldn't want to fight batman without his enhancements. They are both super smart. Worlds best detective vs the worlds best assassin. Id give it to Deathstroke just becuase he has a higher win/loss ratio. Deathstroke has beaten batman several times not just once.
Vouile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Vouile

Deathstroke

@nickzambuto said:

Slade is just as good a strategist as Batman, so if they both get prep, Deathstroke still wins.

If both Slade and Batman have an equal amount of preparation, Batman will win since he has the more better resources and he's more smarter in engineering and sciences.

@Cable_Extreme said:

Batman doesn't go for the kill, Deathstroke is a assassin that is trained to kill. Slade uses 90% of his brain and is super strong,fast, and tough. Deathstroke admitted that he wouldn't want to fight batman without his enhancements. They are both super smart. Worlds best detective vs the worlds best assassin. Id give it to Deathstroke just becuase he has a higher win/loss ratio. Deathstroke has beaten batman several times not just once.

I agree.

Vouile

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jay_z94

Deathstroke would win a straight up battle, but batman would win the war. He's a paranoid genius, he could just drop the JLA watchtower on him, or nuke him.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slade with ease.

krauser99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By krauser99

Batman has won two times IIRC. One Batman KO'ed Slade with the but of a rifle as Slade had his sword. The second Batman used a surprise attack and kicked Slade out via a suprise kick and tied him up. Other street level characters have done very well but Slade usually gets the advantage on them.

Even in there first fight where Slade won. Slade was hurt very bad afterwards.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#44  Edited By Pokeysteve

The times where Batman cheap shots and surprises Slade don't really count. He didn't technically beat him in a fight. Anyone can sneak up behind Tyson and crack him in the face.

Dead_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Dead_god

Batman wins.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By joshmightbe

@Dead_god: You mean aside from all those times Slade made him look like a Bat-b**ch

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By jay_z94

Hand to hand slade would win, but i wanted to get across that batman will do anything to beat him, even if that means sneak attack, fighting dirty with gadgets (gas, etc) or like i said earlier, just nuke him.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

#49  Edited By StMichalofWilson

@Zoom said:

@vuviper said:

" @Red_Blade said:

Yeah but even then, he's only 1 for 2.

Poor Bats

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By jashro44

Dirty tactics wont help considering Slade will flat out kill batman, Batman wont Nuke Slade since this would kill innocent lives. Sneak attack has proven successful but since there are no conditions in the op they begin visible.

Deathstroke wins.