• 96 results
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Ferro Vida

Before anyone locks this thread, I promise that this one is different.

This battle has been made a lot over the course of comicvine history, with people often times shifting the setting in favour of one or the other. But I have recently finished reading Frank Millar's "Daredevil: The Man Without Fear" and his "Batman: Year One" books, and I got to wondering: which one would win from when they first started out? 

NOTE: Any feats from outside of these two story arcs are nul and void for this fight.

In this scenario both combatants are as they were when they first donned their respective masks. Bruce is armed with only the gear he had when he first started off, as well as his modest experience in real world situations. Matt is armed with Officer Liedowitz's Billy Club and is as he appeared when he was leaving to rescue Mickey from the Larks.

Batman is seeking to start making a name for himself in the criminal underworld, so he starts by targetting a dock where a trade is taking place between Russian drug runner's and the local mob boss's men. Several crooked cops are present to make sure that everything goes as planned. What no one knows, though, is that this is the same dock that the Kingpin is using as his base of operations for his child prostitution ring, and thus the same dock that Mickey is being held at and that Matt is making his move on.

After Matt sets explosives that he takes off of one of the thugs on the dock and the pier blows up the fireworks start and the rest of the criminal force comes spilling out of the warehouse right as Bruce is making his move. The two vigilantes see each other in the conflict and automatically assume that they are each others enemy, both believing the other is just hired muscle for the mob. After having taken down the underworld forces the two turn on each other.

Matt is willing to kill if it means saving Mickey's life. Bruce sees this and prepares himself to do the worst if he must.

Who wins?

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I think Year 1 bats is even more ridiculous than Miller's DD.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Vance Astro said:
" I think Year 1 bats is even more ridiculous than Miller's DD. "
With that whole kicking over a tree thing? Yeah, that was a bit crazy. But the thing to keep in mind is that Bruce was still getting used to the costume at this point, and he was still developing a crime-fighting style. Both of those facts almost let a common thug bring him down.

From the way they were depicted in the books, Batman looked physically superior, but Daredevil came off as a better fighter. (Not by much in either account, but enough to make a difference)

btw, I was hoping you would see this thread xD I also figured you would be the only one to post in it
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Vance Astro said:
With that whole kicking over a tree thing? Yeah, that was a bit crazy. But the thing to keep in mind is that Bruce was still getting used to the costume at this point, and he was still developing a crime-fighting style. Both of those facts almost let a common thug bring him down.  From the way they were depicted in the books, Batman looked physically superior, but Daredevil came off as a better fighter. (Not by much in either account, but enough to make a difference)  btw, I was hoping you would see this thread xD I also figured you would be the only one to post in it "
Maybe I'll make a real case later.It's 4:08 in the morning.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Vance Astro said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
" @Vance Astro said:
With that whole kicking over a tree thing? Yeah, that was a bit crazy. But the thing to keep in mind is that Bruce was still getting used to the costume at this point, and he was still developing a crime-fighting style. Both of those facts almost let a common thug bring him down.  From the way they were depicted in the books, Batman looked physically superior, but Daredevil came off as a better fighter. (Not by much in either account, but enough to make a difference)  btw, I was hoping you would see this thread xD I also figured you would be the only one to post in it "
Maybe I'll make a real case later.It's 4:08 in the morning. "
It's 2:11 here xD

See you
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ferro Vida

bump

Jx4gz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Jx4gz

No Caption Provided
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Jx4gz said:

"

No Caption Provided
"
Read the setting and post an opinion, or go troll some other thread
Jx4gz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jx4gz

I did read the OP, I think your still butthurt over the original Batman Daredevil thread

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Jx4gz said:
" I did read the OP, I think your still butthurt over the original Batman Daredevil thread "
How exactly? Because I disagree with the verdict? No, I liked both series and I wanted to know who would win between Frank Millar's renditions of them as they were when they started. People who argued on both sides in the original thread have different things to consider.

Now like I said, post an opinion on the fight or go troll somewhere else.
Jx4gz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jx4gz
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Jx4gz said:
" I did read the OP, I think your still butthurt over the original Batman Daredevil thread "
How exactly? Because I disagree with the verdict? No, I liked both series and I wanted to know who would win between Frank Millar's renditions of them as they were when they started. People who argued on both sides in the original thread have different things to consider.  Now like I said, post an opinion on the fight or go troll somewhere else. "

No Caption Provided
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Jx4gz said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
" @Jx4gz said:
How exactly? Because I disagree with the verdict? No, I liked both series and I wanted to know who would win between Frank Millar's renditions of them as they were when they started. People who argued on both sides in the original thread have different things to consider.  Now like I said, post an opinion on the fight or go troll somewhere else. "

No Caption Provided
"
Seriously? There's a Colossus vs. Bane thread and this is the one you have trouble with? Grow up.
Jx4gz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jx4gz

Really? I 'll have to look at that

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By The_Ghostshell
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Jx4gz said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
" @Jx4gz said:

No Caption Provided
"
Seriously? There's a Colossus vs. Bane thread and this is the one you have trouble with? Grow up. "
lmao
Captain_Awsome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Captain_Awsome

hahahahahah. This thread has really gone down the drain, huh?  
I feel bad... 

Ummm in my personal opinion i think that Batman would probly get the win. He has more training and dedacation. But you know thats up for debate. 

Also im loving the Lol-cat 
comic stooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By comic stooge

DD
darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By darktiger

@comic stooge said:

DD

how

Daaerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Daaerk

@darktiger said:

@comic stooge said:

DD

how

He posted that comment 3 years ago and only 118-post-count. Unlikely he will respond. I personally think Batman beats Daredevil.

Daaerk

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By darktiger

me too

krauser99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By krauser99

With his utility belt and high class skills I see Batman winning.

Hand to hand I would give it to Matt but I could see it going the other way as well. These two are very evenly matched.

overachiver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By overachiver

@krauser99 said:

With his utility belt and high class skills I see Batman winning.

Hand to hand I would give it to Matt but I could see it going the other way as well. These two are very evenly matched.

It'd be a good fight but Bruce would take it in hand to hand. Bruce vs Iron Fist with no chi would be a better fight

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By dondave

@Daaerk: don't you have another account

Daaerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Daaerk

@dondave said:

@Daaerk: don't you have another account

Yeah, I did, though I tend to make new ones and ditch every one in a while. c: My brain.

Daaerk

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By dondave

@Daaerk:Oh, cool

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By slimj87d

If no one read the OP, this is

But I have recently finished reading Frank Millar's "Daredevil: The Man Without Fear" and his "Batman: Year One" books, and I got to wondering: which one would win from when they first started out?

Daaerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Daaerk

@dondave said:

@Daaerk:Oh, cool

Yup!

Daaerk

Jigme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Jigme

Batman has created airborne shark repellent spray for use in a shark attack.sharks that live in water.you bet your maternal grandfather that he has prepared for blind guy in red unitard.

Avatar image for darthspiderchief117
DarthSpiderChief117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When you say "Batman is ready to do what he must" (Paraphrasing), I have to roll my eyes. Batman will not kill. Especially so early on in his career before his resolve has been tested. I have my doubts DareDevil would let it come to that either, so It's kind of irrelevant anyways.

As far as who would win, I honestly can't even guess with any real ammount of confidence. They are so evenly matched that it would have to come down to minute circumstances (battlefield advantages, flinching, etc.). And even then, it's still pretty much too close to call.

CalebHara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By CalebHara

I never thought that Batman vs Daredevil would be an amazing match. I always saw Batman coming out on top one way or the other. In this case i would have to say the same thing. Even when they are both inexperienced i still think that Bruce outclasses Matt.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By JJ62

Disagree with the majority, Daredevil wins. Not by much though, you see they are matched in pure skill and physical ability this is fact. So the way I see it, it's Batman vs Batman + a few powers, so it's Daredevil for the hard fought victory.

ImmortalT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ImmortalT1000

With prep Batman wins.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Bo88gdan

Daredevil wins

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Stronger

Batman.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

axle124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By axle124

this is a great fight... daredevil and bruce would be awesome to watch... Bruce in the end is to strong for matt and would eventually take him but their skill is pretty close to each other...

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce's gear should probably net him a win.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jj62 said:

Disagree with the majority, Daredevil wins. Not by much though, you see they are matched in pure skill and physical ability this is fact. So the way I see it, it's Batman vs Batman + a few powers, so it's Daredevil for the hard fought victory.

wolviex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iheartzombies92: Batman also has gadgets however. This adds to his supremacy. Batman is essentially a modern day ninja-navy seal crossover.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By reaverlation

Bruce

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolviex: In this fight, these versions, Bruce isn't as good

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bats

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Wolverine008

Wayne.

stoic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman.

SirNickTheEpic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil beat electro in his 2nd issue ever. He is a better fighter. And he's more street smart

NEEK_03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anyway you look at it, any version, its always going to be bruce.

to me batman is just better, DD is legit but i think DD vs Nightwing is better.

TheRedEclipse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman wins. I don't even have to explain this.

QuakeBlood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman

Zaereth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Zaereth

@iheartzombies92--defunct: I understand that Daredevil has moderate enhanced human powers in a few areas, but I think that Batman has a fundamental advantage in the scenario described by the OP.

Long story short: Batman wins, with a fairly solid defeat of Daredevil. Short story long...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The scenario indicates that both men observe one another in the explosion, but only engage after they have accomplished their respective missions.

In other words, both men have already been through a battle. While Daredevil has some relatively good stealth skills, he is still ultimately a scrapper. Its his tendency from what I know of the character, to head into a fight, and pummel everyone into submission. Batman's style is different. His objective is to avoid detection and to intimidate, confronting enemies only when he feels that is the best way to defeat them. Translation: It is *more* likely that Daredevil may already have injuries, or be more injured than Bruce when the fight commences. So that's factor number one.

Bats has another advantage here as well. He tends to take more time to study his enemies. In other words, even though they theoretically have little time to do so, Batman will have an edge in that he will likely realize that Daredevil is blind, and may be able to deduce a method of attack that, combined with his incredible ability to move undetected, means he MAY be able to reduce or even eliminate Daredevil's Sonar detection (assuming there's no rain!).

So with all this battle field intel, combined with his superior physique, and likely his better overall medical condition going in, I think any slight edge DD has over him with regards to agility and enhanced senses, wouldn't hold up to Batman's genius strategic mind and incredible stealth ability.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Matt deflects Bruce's batarangs back at Bruce's face.