Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Silver2467
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Crom-Cruach said:
" I'll point this out again for those who might forget it. But PIS aside, the only people that can take Cassie at street level are Shiva Richard Dragon and Deathstroke. "
Deathstroke already stated that the only ways to take her out are from across the street with a sniper or by getting in her head.   
True, but I believe he could at least hold his own against her. 

@Silver2467: Oh. LOL When people talk about Superhuman speed in DC I automatically assume they are referring to the Flash or Superman. "
That's alright. Numerous metahumans in DC have overt levels of speed. I can understand that. 
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Ferro Vida: Based on his showings and his abilities this makes no sense. He should be able to take Cassie.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Silver2467
@Crom-Cruach: I believe he could give her a hard fight, but Cassandra is simply too skilled. Deathstroke obviously has the physical advantage over her, but she is skillfully superior, as even BatMan is somewhat skillfully superior to Deathstroke (based on what Slade said). 
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @Ferro Vida: Based on his showings and his abilities this makes no sense. He should be able to take Cassie. "
He struggles in his first encounter with Batman and barely won.

Based on Cassie's showing and power set I think it does make sense.

@Silver2467 said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
" @Crom-Cruach said:
" I'll point this out again for those who might forget it. But PIS aside, the only people that can take Cassie at street level are Shiva Richard Dragon and Deathstroke. "
Deathstroke already stated that the only ways to take her out are from across the street with a sniper or by getting in her head.   

@Silver2467: Oh. LOL When people talk about Superhuman speed in DC I automatically assume they are referring to the Flash or Superman. "
That's alright. Numerous metahumans in DC have overt levels of speed. I can understand that.  "

He can hold her own against her, but I see why he hasn't won.
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Silver2467: I disagree, he should win. Cassie may be more skilled but  Deathstroke's abilities would hand him the win. Worse part about me constantly saying this is I don't like saying this again and again, it makes me sound like a fanboy. But fact is as far as Street Levelers go he makes most of them look like total amateurs and the others, based on showing he'd beat.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Silver2467
@Ferro Vida said: 

He can hold her own against her, but I see why he hasn't won. "

Agreed. 

@Crom-Cruach said:

" @Silver2467: I disagree, he should win. Cassie may be more skilled but  Deathstroke's abilities would hand him the win. Worse part about me constantly saying this is I don't like saying this again and again, it makes me sound like a fanboy. But fact is as far as Street Levelers go he makes most of them look like total amateurs and the others, based on showing he'd beat.  "

I do not consider you a fanboy by any measure; I just do not agree. Cassandra defeated Shiva. That would put her above all of New Earth martial artists (except possibly Wonder Woman, but that is debatable). 
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Silver2467:  Which is something I haven't seen anything to make me Belive. Cassie is clearly in the top 5. But as far as what I've read, I still Shiva and Richard Dragon are better then her without a question. That battle against Shiva is still one I haven't made up my mind yet on whether it was just bad writing.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Silver2467
@Crom-Cruach: The reason I believe Cassandra is at least as skilled as Shiva is because she defeated her, held her own against Deathstroke (who said that she could defeat him, if I remember correctly), was stated by BatMan to be superior to him, and has myriads of other combat feats that put her on top. Lady Shiva, Richard Dragon, Bronze Tiger, and BatMan are four of the top five fighters on New Earth (excluding Wonder Woman, as I do not know specifically where to place her and because of her superhuman powers). Cassandra has proven to supersede a few of them in skill. That is a testament to what she is truly capable of.  

I agree with you about Deathstroke 100%. He is only somewhat less skilled than BatMan (who is the fifth best fighter on New Earth behind Shiva, Dragon, Tiger, and Cassandra), and he has impressive metahuman traits. He is also brilliant with prep. Slade is a god among street levelers. Black Panther, Deathstroke, and BatMan are what I like to call overpowered street levelers. That term may sound like an oxymoron, but there is no other method of accurately describing them. All three are brilliant martial artists, geniuses, highly resourceful, and have fairly impressive physical attributes (for street levelers, that is). On top of these attributes, however, despite the fact that they are street levelers, all three of them are capable of contending with the most powerful beings on the planet because of their intelligence and effectiveness with prep time. I would include someone like Captain America or Iron Fist with them, but they are not nearly as capable of challenging planetary level threats as Deathstroke, Panther, and BatMan are. I said that to say this. Do not misunderstand. I do not in any respect lowball Deathstroke. I just do not consider him capable of defeating Cassandra one on one, without prep, based on showings. 
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Silver2467: @Iron Fist:

No Caption Provided
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Silver2467
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Silver2467: @Iron Fist:

No Caption Provided
"
What is this supposed to prove? Hercules is not a planetary level threat. Deathstroke, Panther, and BatMan have all proven more than once to be capable of contending with beings more powerful than Hercules with prep. 
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Silver2467: Oh, I am well aware. I've just had that scan for ages and felt like using it for something.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Silver2467
@Ferro Vida: I see. It is impressive on Iron Fist's part, even if Hercules was intoxicated. 
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Silver2467 said:
" @Crom-Cruach: The reason I believe Cassandra is at least as skilled as Shiva is because she defeated her, held her own against Deathstroke (who said that she could defeat him, if I remember correctly), was stated by BatMan to be superior to him, and has myriads of other combat feats that put her on top. Lady Shiva, Richard Dragon, Bronze Tiger, and BatMan are four of the top five fighters on New Earth (excluding Wonder Woman, as I do not know specifically where to place her and because of her superhuman powers). Cassandra has proven to supersede a few of them in skill. That is a testament to what she is truly capable of. "
Something I haven't disputed mind you. I just don't think that she is better the Lady Shiva, part of me still think Shiva should have won  that one cleanly, even if I like Cassie More. And Richard Dragon has never lost to any Street Leveler period. Since even in universe, the martial artist themselves aren't sure who is better but still agree it's either Shiva or Dragon. I can't agree that Cassie is better then Shiva, and one fight hasn't with debatable quality of writing isn't enough to change my mind.

@Silver2467 said:
" He is also brilliant with prep. Slade is a god among street levelers. "
totally agree. He's accomplished insane things that are totally legit. Titans East had him smacking around the titans like it was out of style. Now it's easy to see that at bad writing. But the problem is this is the kind of this he does... all... the... time.

@Silver2467 said:
" All three are brilliant martial artists, geniuses, highly resourceful, and have fairly impressive physical attributes (for street levelers, that is). On top of these attributes, however, despite the fact that they are street levelers, all three of them are capable of contending with the most powerful beings on the planet because of their intelligence and effectiveness with prep time. "
no argument there.
@Silver2467 said:
" I do not in any respect lowball Deathstroke. I just do not consider him capable of defeating Cassandra one on one, without prep, based on showings.  "
I guess we can agree to disagree as we do in these cases, since your opinion is valid even if I don't share it.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Silver2467 said:
" @Ferro Vida: I see. It is impressive on Iron Fist's part, even if Hercules was intoxicated.  "
Indeed, since intoxication doesn't decrease his durability.

But you were talking about overpowered street levelers. It doesn't get much more overpowered then punching out a God.
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Ferro Vida:  Iron Fist with Chi Powers is not even close to a street leveler thought.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Silver2467
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Ferro Vida: I see. It is impressive on Iron Fist's part, even if Hercules was intoxicated.  "
Indeed, since intoxication doesn't decrease his durability.  But you were talking about overpowered street levelers. It doesn't get much more overpowered then punching out a God. "
I can agree with that. Without prep, Iron Fist would effortlessly slaughter most, if not all street levelers single handedly. The only reason I consider Panther, Deathstroke, and BatMan to be potentially superior to Iron Fist is because of how effective they are with prep. Obviously without prep, Iron First can channel his Chi and demolish all three at once, if need be. 
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Silver2467
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @Ferro Vida:  Iron Fist with Chi Powers is not even close to a street leveler thought. "
That is a fair point actually. Based on his showings in recent years, he seems to have evolved past the point of simply being a street leveler. That is debatable though.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Silver2467 said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
" @Silver2467 said:
Indeed, since intoxication doesn't decrease his durability.  But you were talking about overpowered street levelers. It doesn't get much more overpowered then punching out a God. "
I can agree with that. Without prep, Iron Fist would effortlessly slaughter most, if not all street levelers single handedly.

No Caption Provided
:P
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Silver2467
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
" @Silver2467 said:
I can agree with that. Without prep, Iron Fist would effortlessly slaughter most, if not all street levelers single handedly.

No Caption Provided
:P "
That was a simulation, but it is not entirely outside the realm of possibility. 
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By FinalStar86
@Ferro Vida said:
" @Crom-Cruach said:
" @Ferro Vida: Based on his showings and his abilities this makes no sense. He should be able to take Cassie. "
He struggles in his first encounter with Batman and barely won.

Based on Cassie's showing and power set I think it does make sense.

@Silver2467 said:
" @Ferro Vida said:
" @Crom-Cruach said:

That's alright. Numerous metahumans in DC have overt levels of speed. I can understand that.  "
He can hold her own against her, but I see why he hasn't won. "
Ironically 4 years later Slade pwned Bats twice in the same issue while depowered.
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Silver2467 said:
"That is a fair point actually. Based on his showings in recent years, he seems to have evolved past the point of simply being a street leveler. That is debatable though. "
When a character can shatter buildings with a single punch. Can K.O giant Lung Dragons and more he is not a street leveler. Iron Fist has done both.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Silver2467: Again, I am aware.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Silver2467
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @Silver2467 said:
"That is a fair point actually. Based on his showings in recent years, he seems to have evolved past the point of simply being a street leveler. That is debatable though. "
When a character can shatter buildings with a single punch. Can K.O giant Lung Dragons and more he is not a street leveler. Iron Fist has done both. "
Solid argument. I concur. 
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Ferro Vida
@FinalStar86: Depowered Slade also had his @ss handed to him by both Batman and Nightwing.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By FinalStar86
@Silver2467: I'm not saying that Slade could beat Cassie hand to hand but to be fair they never had a real fight where both characters were actually trying.  The one time Slade actually tried was when he first fought her in Nightwings series and didn't know about her abilities, the other times he either toyed with her or wanted Ravager to fight her.  I know that Slade said the only way to be beat Cassie was at long range or by getting into her head, but Cass said once that Slade was toying with her. 
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By FinalStar86
@Ferro Vida said:
" @FinalStar86: Depowered Slade also had his @ss handed to him by both Batman and Nightwing. "
ONCE
In that same issue where he pwned Bats twice, it took Batman 3 times to finally subdue Slade then Slade ended up escaping anyway
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Ferro Vida:  Which is not without sense to me. Mind you, I think he should still give both a great fight even without his powers. Thought without his powers he should lose.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Silver2467
@FinalStar86: Good points, but I still hold to the notion that Cassandra would defeat him in a hard fight. I take Deathstroke's statement about exclusively being able to defeat her at a distance more seriously than I do Cassandra stating that Slade toyed with her. The reason for that is because Deathstroke will not underestimate himself, and "toying" with someone is somewhat undefined. It can be interpreted in different ways. It is too vague for me to say that he simply had her under his thumb. Different character "toy" with other characters differently. 
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Silver2467
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @Ferro Vida:  Which is not without sense to me. Mind you, I think he should still give both a great fight even without his powers. Thought without his powers he should lose. "
I agree. Without his powers, Deathstroke is still only slightly under BatMan in skill, but that should be enough for BatMan to subdue him. Of course Deathstroke will make a battle without powers difficult on Bats, but I do not see him defeating BatMan without his powers based on how the majority of their interactions take place. 
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By FinalStar86
@Silver2467: I would agree with you on Cassie being able to  beat him H2H but I am just saying that they never had a real one on one fight. 

Ravager was able to fight Cassie in her 4 issue mini but Slade was smacking Ravager Jericho and Nightwing around and making it look easy. I don't think Slade beating Cassie is so far fetched
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Silver2467
@FinalStar86: Fair enough. 
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Silver2467 said:
" @FinalStar86: he reason for that is because Deathstroke will not underestimate himself "
Which makes this statement all the more wrong to me since he can take on the Titans by himself. I just don't see him losing to to Cassie 1 on 1.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Silver2467
@Crom-Cruach said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @FinalStar86: he reason for that is because Deathstroke will not underestimate himself "
Which makes this statement all the more wrong to me since he can take on the Titans by himself. I just don't see him losing to to Cassie 1 on 1. "
True, but classic level Titans were not as powerful as they are now. Currently, Deathstroke usually only defeats them on his own when he has prep. 
Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Crom-Cruach
@Silver2467:  The recent Titans East arc had him smacking around Titans like it was out of style and to quote, he said "I could do this all day". That was him going hand to hand with them. Prep or no prep that is still crazy impressive.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By FinalStar86
@Silver2467 said:
" @Crom-Cruach said:
" @Silver2467 said:
Which makes this statement all the more wrong to me since he can take on the Titans by himself. I just don't see him losing to to Cassie 1 on 1. "
True, but classic level Titans were not as powerful as they are now. Currently, Deathstroke usually only defeats them on his own when he has prep.  "
In Titans East he was owning Ravager Nightwing Jericho and Donna Troy with no prep and this was in the current TT series
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Silver2467
@FinalStar86: @Crom-Cruach:  Yes, but all the same, it has not happened nearly as much in modern Titans as it has with the classic Titans. I am aware that he can hold his own against them. With Ravager, he is simply more skilled than she is. Nightwing is no threat to him if he can defeat BatMan. Donna Troy should be able to defeat him by herself, but he has incredible reflexes. And she has a vulnerability to piercing weapons and projectiles. His being able to harm her with generic melee strikes with his hands or feet is PIS/WIS. She is not as durable as Diana is, but she should still be durable enough to withstand his blows. 
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Ferro Vida
@Silver2467: Gotcha lol
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By FinalStar86
@Silver2467: I agree that if written properly that Donna should be able to take out Slade easily but owning Ravager Jericho and Nightwing at the same time is still a pretty damn impressive feat

TBH Though now adays the only street level character I see that gives Slade alot of trouble is Cass and as stated earlier they never had a true fight
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Silver2467
@FinalStar86 said:
" @Silver2467: I agree that if written properly that Donna should be able to take out Slade easily but owning Ravager Jericho and Nightwing at the same time is still a pretty damn impressive feat  TBH Though now adays the only street level character I see that gives Slade alot of trouble is Cass and as stated earlier they never had a true fight "
I can agree with this. 
skaarason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#90  Edited By skaarason

sound nullifier s in the cowl , like super ear pugs ! 

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#91  Edited By progenitorigin
@ComicMan24 said:
"Battle 1: Batman Battle 2: Either way Battle 3: Black Canary "

Basically.
NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#92  Edited By NightFang3

1. Batman for the win.
2. Batman for the win.
3. Could go either way.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#93  Edited By Mercy_
@skaarason said:

" sound nullifier s in the cowl , like super ear pugs !  "

Her scream isn't simply sonic, though. It also has destructive capabilities as evidenced when she lets loose and destroys things with it. Earplugs are doing nothing here. 

@Silver2467 said: 

" Battle One: BatMan wins. Dinah is very skilled, but based on showings, BatMan is superior to her. Battle Two: It depends. Considering the fact that morals apply, Dinah may not use her Cry for fear of severely injuring or killing BatMan. In which case, BatMan would win again, especially given the equipment he has. However, if she does use her Cry, she will defeat him.  Battle Three: Black Canary wins. With no morals, she will simply scream her lungs out and kill BatMan, as well as destroy the surrounding area. 

livinghorror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By livinghorror

1. Batman 2. Canary (she can control it to just daze him) 3. Canary (the cry is pretty lethal)

Kinasin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Kinasin_

1.Batman

2.Batman

3.Batman

pjcast7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By pjcast7

Oracle stated in birds of prey that BC could outfight batman.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
Oracle should probably stop experimenting with illegal psychotropic substances.
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By daak1212

@Morpheus_ said:

Oracle should probably stop experimenting with illegal psychotropic substances.

lol.

pjcast7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By pjcast7

@Morpheus_: Ok?

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@pjcast7: Do you have an actual argument to support Dinah beating Bruce or is Babs' statement the only thing? Because I have another statement from Canary herself claiming that it'd be idiotic to threaten Batman, but I don't base my opinion regarding the victor solely on statements.