Batman vs all the Sentinels (X-Men: DoFP movie)

• 143 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WenjunChew

Batman has 3 months of prep, and during this period the Sentinels will not disturb him.

Batman starts with knowledge of the Sentinel technology (He has already infiltrated Trask Industries beforehand). He already knows Sentinels are not alive, hence he need not hold back his punches.

Battle starts out in apocalyptic wasteland after the 3 months of prep.

Question: Will Batman be able to defeat all the Sentinels by himself?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Batman.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce sends them all to the sun

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By WenjunChew

Changed from 2 months of prep to 3 months of prep because Batman is going to take on all the Sentinels by himself. Need time to prepare for mass battle.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kingant27

@reaverlation: And then what.... Sentinals adapt to anything; they win by logic.

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@kingant27: they do not adapt to everything, if they do, then they would have adapted to that girls portals.

Zmasonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Zmasonite

Boom tube ftw if he can't figure out another way.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingant27: No they don't and especially not as something as powerful as the sun.If I went by your flawed logic, sentinels can adapt to Galactus correct?

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@van_cere: They did, and that is why they managed to kill her, assuming you have seen the film.

DatSwampertAzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@van_cere: They did, and that is why they managed to kill her, assuming you have seen the film.

QFT!!

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Van_Cere

@kingant27: dude, they did not. all they did was overwhelm her. or did you only hear about the movie? i just came back from the movies. I just saw it.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Kingant27

@van_cere: I have seen it, and a Sentinal stabbed her through her portal, which means they learned how to fight her, but yes she was overwhelmed.

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By WenjunChew

@kingant27 said:

@reaverlation: And then what.... Sentinals adapt to anything; they win by logic.

Sentinels do not adapt to everything.

Batman knows the Sentinels and how they are built, he can simply destabilize their atomic structure and destroy them thus. This makes their adaptability irrelevant.

I'm putting my money on Batman for this fight.

PS: Flagged the guy below me for subverting past threads.

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Van_Cere

@kingant27: lol, no they did not. she was spamming portals to defend herself, and when all the other sentinels killed her teammates, they just began to concentrate on her. all three sentinels pierced her, but none through her portal.

PS: you can ignore the guy above me.

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingant27: in the first fight she was spamming portals too, and she was 'killed' because she did not close the portal in time. when the portal closed, it cut off the sentinels arm.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@van_cere: is he talking about me or you?

Why do people think Batman with prep= instant win, yes under these circumstances he has a chance, but the Sentinals can adapt to Batman if they need to, just like how they adapted to Colossus, Iceman etc.

Also the Sentinals were awesome, for destroying them mutants, imagine how powerful Apocalypse will be for the 2016 Xmen film; and will he have his armour?

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@van_cere: is he talking about me or you?

Why do people think Batman with prep= instant win, yes under these circumstances he has a chance, but the Sentinals can adapt to Batman if they need to, just like how they adapted to Colossus, Iceman etc.

Also the Sentinals were awesome, for destroying them mutants, imagine how powerful Apocalypse will be for the 2016 Xmen film; and will he have his armour?

ignore van_cere, he is just butthurt that in some past threads I have managed to debate successfully that Batman has some small chance of taking out skyfathers given a certain specific scenario.

No. Batman with prep doesn't always win. He can't beat top tier cosmics for example. However, these Sentinels are just earthly forces and their adaptation is irrelevant as long as Batman knows which weak areas to target.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wenjunchew: Batman is fighting people who adapt to abilities; prep or not, they are

Living prep essentially; Batman doesn't have Sentinal repellent ;).

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By reaverlation

@kingant27: You didn't answer my question. Can the sentinels adapt to galactus?

Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
TheTrueBarryAllen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Changed from 2 months of prep to 3 months of prep because Batman is going to take on all the Sentinels by himself. Need time to prepare for mass battle.

Why would you give Bruce an EXTRA MONTH of prep after nobody had questioned him winning.

It appears to me as if you've designed this battle specifically for Bruce to win - and knowing how much of a Bat Fan you are it wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibilities.

Also - don't create battles with winners in mind.

It's our job to be as un-biased as possible when creating a thread so a battle can be entertained.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

Batman hacks Sentinels with a virus that adapts faster than Sentinels. Bats wins

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By VanderSEXXX

@thetruebarryallen said:

@wenjunchew said:

Why would you give Bruce an EXTRA MONTH of prep after nobody had questioned him winning.

It appears to me as if you've designed this battle specifically for Bruce to win - and knowing how much of a Bat Fan you are it wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibilities.

Also - don't create battles with winners in mind.

It's our job to be as un-biased as possible when creating a thread so a battle can be entertained.

So I'm with the sentinels on this one.

After reading The New 52: Futures End #0 - Into the Future, Onto the End I guess the authors did it right, Batman does have his limits to prep where we see him get taken out by Brother Eye's sentries leaving McGuinness to do the time travelling.

I get that many will continuously argue about his "godlike Detective analysis" which many constantly reason as if its better than many scientists like Einstein but even he should have limits to analysis especially with Bruce being also a "godlike" brawler. Bruce is just no Reed Richards or Dr. Doom when it comes to analysis on such a vast scientific scale.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

I hate it when writers make an unbeatable never ending horde of cannon fodder such as the sentinels or terminators in a movie or comic book. I much prefer strong and invincible super villains.

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingant27: dunno, maybe himself.

please do not mention apocalypse. that was shocking. apocalse is a girl! or looked like one. did not see any defining features lol.

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wenjunchew: to shut you up, I can do a CaV with you purely to humiliate you. if you lie again, then I challenge you to a CaV. @kingant27: and you do not even need to take him seriously. he thought batman can beat rune kind Thor and ion.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Van_Cere

@dagmar_merrill: I sincerely hope so. I was expecting a huge man with an aura of power.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Van_Cere

@dagmar_merrill: do you know the maker of this thread actually thinks batman (not one million) can beat RKT and Hand of god Ion? I am a man of little patience, but fanboys really gets on my nerves. especially when they lie. here is the thread he was talking about when he said:

ignore van_cere, he is just butthurt that in some past threads I have managed to debate successfully

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/batman-1-million-vs-ion-vs-rune-king-thor-574041/?page=2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@van_cere said:

@kingant27: dunno, maybe himself.

please do not mention apocalypse. that was shocking. apocalse is a girl! or looked like one. did not see any defining features lol.

Its stated by the director that it was apoc as a young boy. I know he looked like a girl though.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: That has p*****d me off, won't they make him different for the modern age?

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: That has p*****d me off, won't they make him different for the modern age?

Im sure they will . Like in the modern age he will look like the comic version. Atleast I hope.

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@van_cere said:

@wenjunchew: to shut you up, I can do a CaV with you purely to humiliate you. if you lie again, then I challenge you to a CaV. @kingant27: and you do not even need to take him seriously. he thought batman can beat rune kind Thor and ion.

because you refused to accept that specific scenarios exist where its plausible for Batman to win. Batman just have to make those scenarios happen.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Batman= Boom tube

@van_cere said:

because you refused to accept that specific scenarios exist where its plausible for Batman to win. Batman just have to make those scenarios happen.

You guys need to calm down. Lets not get outta hand here peeps.

Batman doesn't always win with prep. Thats true.

MrValance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MrValance

Which batman? There is sentinels so is this a post-apocalyptic world with little resources? What does bats have access to? These are all important factors not mentioned.......POTENTIALLY batman can hack the sentinels, but given what I've been reading on this thread, this is whole scenario actually reads like this " TO ALL BATFANS: how does batman take down the sentinels?!?!?! Please detail his total domination over them!!!!" Biased fights aren't fun or healthy for the forums you guys

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Which batman? There is sentinels so is this a post-apocalyptic world with little resources? What does bats have access to? These are all important factors not mentioned.......POTENTIALLY batman can hack the sentinels, but given what I've been reading on this thread, this is whole scenario actually reads like this " TO ALL BATFANS: how does batman take down the sentinels?!?!?! Please detail his total domination over them!!!!" Biased fights aren't fun or healthy for the forums you guys

I myself can think of a plausible scenario:

Batman stays inside his stronghold (The sentinels have not found it yet for next 3 months) and researches on the Sentinel design and how to target its weak spots.

It is obvious that the Sentinel will still retain part of its atomic make-up and basic design, and that invariant or consistency is where Batman can target, which will make the adaptability irrelevant. Batman should then be able to devise a virus or weapon that infects and shuts down the Sentinel permanently. This should take 2 months.

For the 3rd month he would set up a trap around an area that attracts all the Sentinels around the globe. This trap consist of a mutant signal emitter that simulates a million mutant signatures, making it necessary for all Sentinels to come together to fight them. Then when all the Sentinels fell for the bait he would activate the weapon, shutting them down.

Batman wins.

Ironshinobi88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BFR is his only optioon, unless he shows a way to hack them all, he won't win in a sustained fight.

Avatar image for the_flash_is_too_fast
The_Flash_Is_Too_Fast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With three months of prep Batman would win. Batman with prep can defeat almost anyone.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With three months of prep Batman would win. Batman with prep can defeat almost anyone.

Nah. His prep and resources, just like everybody else, is limited.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman wins with ease.

The Sentinels are remotely controlled so are susceptible to hacking or just getting to whatever human has control over them.

The Sentinels also have no way of tracking him.

Avatar image for the_flash_is_too_fast
The_Flash_Is_Too_Fast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicace3: That is why I said almost. I understand there are a few people who are too strong for Batman even with prep.

THESHIZ46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman wins!!!

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicace3: That is why I said almost. I understand there are a few people who are too strong for Batman even with prep.

Fair enough.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By VanderSEXXX

@mrvalance said:

I myself can think of a plausible scenario:

Batman stays inside his stronghold (The sentinels have not found it yet for next 3 months) and researches on the Sentinel design and how to target its weak spots.

It is obvious that the Sentinel will still retain part of its atomic make-up and basic design, and that invariant or consistency is where Batman can target, which will make the adaptability irrelevant. Batman should then be able to devise a virus or weapon that infects and shuts down the Sentinel permanently. This should take 2 months.

For the 3rd month he would set up a trap around an area that attracts all the Sentinels around the globe. This trap consist of a mutant signal emitter that simulates a million mutant signatures, making it necessary for all Sentinels to come together to fight them. Then when all the Sentinels fell for the bait he would activate the weapon, shutting them down.

Batman wins.

Funny you make up all these "plausible" scenarios yet a very similar scenario happened with DC's current major event and the result:

OOOOOOOOOOO!!!! looks like these
OOOOOOOOOOO!!!! looks like these "adaptive organic sentinel's"of Brother Eye got Bruce good.

And he had 30 years of prep and he was completely unaware of stuff happening around him being the "Greatest Detective" Earth has to offer and then it only resulted to this? And don't tell us that being unaware doesn't = prep. Cause the fact he made the wrong analysis that lead over the years to result to this shows his limits to his analytical and problem solving skills as a billionare.

So plausibly the analytical prep you keep insisting on isn't as simple and fluid as you make it out to be as obstacles in developing technology alone is an incredibly complicated business matter and while money talks, money does not guarantee results all the time. And like it or not Bruce is no scientist like Reed Richards or Dr. Doom who both possess cosmic knowledge to be able to whip up tech to counter such as it take years and years of research to make up a counter for something that complicated let alone nanotechnology and you say developing such is plausible in only 3 months? LMAO!!!!!

WenjunChew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vandersexxx: Its plausible because its obvious that all the machines that Batman built by himself are done over a period of months at most.

Example... Insider suit, Superman simulator, Batcomputer, etc etc

This isn't real life, its comics story where Batman can master over 100 types of Martial arts. Feats wise he does show those wonderful technology and toys he had. He doesn't have years to build them because he is always occupied with fighting crime. At most he would only have a couple of hours (And that's assuming he only sleeps a couple of hours) each day to work on those toys.

Think about it. If Batman isn't busy fighting crime, he would have accomplished much more. Hence I felt that 3 months of uninterrupted prep for Batman is good enough to take on the Sentinels.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vandersexxx: you are forgetting about how his plan to distract Brother Eye failed because Brother Eye had already taken over Superman and Green Lantern.

PS. O.M.A.C.s are closer to omega sentinels than the DoFP sentinels. And they were designed to be much harder to put down permanently.

Batman with three decades of prep could not overcome a sentient machine that he built with tech he did not fully understand. Eye was able to use the time for prep, just like he did. And the result is FE 0.

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3 months is too much....

Batman takes this...