Batman (Nolan) vs Daredevil (Netflix)

Beta_Stage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Batman is slow and doesn't use his agility or fighting abilities properly, as shown in the movies. He isn't even close to his comics incarnation as far as that goes, especially when the Director or Writer or whomever stated that he wanted the movies to be more realistic. But Matt has shown better stuff. Greater hand-to-hand and fought multiple foes while severely injured (Batman hasn't); I'd even argue that Fisk could take out Bane based on Bane and Batman's fight. Matt Murdock is totally wrecking Batman here. And the comments for Batman are just amazing; no one has really put up a decent argument for him.

Alright man, you want to see an argument, well here's one:

1. The first statement I underlined is straight up untrue. In Batman Begins he defeats 12 men (most of which have weapons) in 21 seconds. Christopher Nolan states that the criminals he beats up see him as nothing more than a blur.

2. Are you saying that him not being seriously injured when beating multiple guys is a downside? That is just another feat for him. Oh, plus this is untrue as well. In Batman Begins: Ra's cuts his side with a sword, then a large burning piece of wood falls directly on him (which he then pushes off of himself), then he suffers from extreme smoke inhalation, and then he goes out and beats up 4 ninjas and Ra's while still injured. I'll say his pain tolerance and stamina are just fine.

3. Kingpin really is not that comparable to Bane. Bane effortlessly snapped a man's neck, he was stated as moving as fast as young Bruce (blur speed), he felt no pain, and he crushed concrete with his punches. And guess what? Batman beat him in there rematch. The only real impressive thing Fisk did is flip that large metal table.

So how was that for an argument? Decent I hope :).

Beta_Stage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beta_stage: I sincerely applaud you for making an argument, good job. No one else really has. Hold your head up high, dude.

b (that's supposed to be a thumbs up)

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumping because of DD season 2, Matt's win is a little more solid now imo.

Bat_SAINT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil takes this 9/10

Batmans only advantage is his gear and he's stronger.

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt 9/10. Bruce's biggest tool he uses is his stealth which would be completely useless against Matt. His batarangs easily get dodged or deflected.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By GeorgeWBush

Matt should win.

He's got comparable durability, greater speed, much greater skill feats, and greater damage soak.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#160  Edited By tparks

@samjackson: A dog almost got the jump on him when he found Frank's hideout in episode 3 or 4 (can't remember), so stealth isn't impossible to use against him. Although I do agree with you, I just wanted to point out that he's not flawless against stealth.

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: He tracks ppl by their heartbeats, when he found out he couldn't hear the Hand ninjas hearts he tracked them by their weapons, after that he tracked them by their breath. While on the hospital roof he could hear who was in the hospital and what Foggy was watching. He was on a roof was able to listen and track a can full of hostages. Stealth is absolutely impossible unless Bruce uses no weapons, stops his heart beat and doesn't breath.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: He tracks ppl by their heartbeats, when he found out he couldn't hear the Hand ninjas hearts he tracked them by their weapons, after that he tracked them by their breath. While on the hospital roof he could hear who was in the hospital and what Foggy was watching. He was on a roof was able to listen and track a can full of hostages. Stealth is absolutely impossible unless Bruce uses no weapons, stops his heart beat and doesn't breath.

It's all good points, but you still can't say it's impossible, when a dog 6 feet away from him got the drop on him.

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: That the episode right after he got shot in the head and his senses were acting up that episode. And my fault what I meant was its impossible for Bruce to sneak up on him.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: That the episode right after he got shot in the head and his senses were acting up that episode. And my fault what I meant was its impossible for Bruce to sneak up on him.

Oh yaaaaaa. I forgot about the concussion he was dealing with You win!

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Once again. Yes Nolan's Batman's fighting is meant to be more realistic, and it's NOT a bad or disqualifying thing.

He fights in a realistic, effective, down and dirty, major economy of motion, get in get it done, typically one, maybe two strikes to take down a typical opponent. It often takes Daredevil between two to five per opponent. Factor in the armor difference, and I don't see Matt making it out of the Hand to Hand confrontation and better than 6 or 7/10 in Batman's favor.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heroup2112: Maybe it takes Matt more strikes because when Netflix says their fodder are elite or tough opponents they actually mean it? It's more of a feat for Netflix fodder that they get back up after he hits them, considering what his hits have done, than it is an antifeat for Matt.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonnate: I was following you up until you said "This is an anti feat for Matt" I THINK I see your point though.

However, just for one instance, in Batman Begins. Batman took on six League of Shadows warriors/ninjas who had been trained the same way he had, by the same people, and kicked their asses in short order. So I'd have to say the quality of THOSE fodder was pretty darn high. It can certainly be argued that the twelve bad guys Batman put down in twenty one seconds were "soft targets", the LoS fighters most certainly weren't.

I DO have to say, that the first season DD scene where Matt fights his way down the hallway full of all of those goons, and you can pretty much "feel" every hit he gives or receives was one of the most awesome fight scenes I've ever seen.

FatherChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By FatherChaos

@heroup2112: Daredevil's striking power has greatly increased this season, it's definitely on par with Batman's. He punched a Hand ninja through a car window, and he's putting normal fodder down with fewer strikes.

Avatar image for joey_destroyer_of_worlds
Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DD outclasses Batman in pretty much every way.

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fatherchaos: Ah, I'll have to trust you on that. (No reason at all to doubt you, just meaning that I'm only up to episode 4).

Still, Batman has the armor, and the more effective (to my mind) fighting style. Good to see that they're not making DD hit like a wuss this season though.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Daredevil wins every single time

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

After season 2, Matt wins 7/10 times

cpt_nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After season 2, Matt wins 7/10 times

I agree with this

Amnesiak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt

HelixFlameYT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just finished season 2, but I think Bats edges out in gear. Just H2H Matt would win.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@helixflameyt: Bruce has more versatile gear yes, thing is he never really uses it. Matt has gear that he actually uses (Billy clubs) every fight he's in. He uses them with incredible versatility (ricochet throws, melee weapons, and the grapple line once he gets it). Plus his suit is actually bullet proof and has the showings to back it up.

Really the rate at which he uses it gives Matt the gear advantage.

omnipotence88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Daredevil 6/10

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think at this point Matt would win every time. Unless we count Gotham knights in which case batman would win every time.

Usha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt wins. He's more ninjary.

AgentNumber86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Batman bye has so many wonderful toys. Plus balloons! He stole all the jokers balloons! Filled with gas!

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8
deactivated-5ad4cb41c7fb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt stomps. He's actually a bullet timer, possesses a greater amount of skill, and has a incredible damage soak in which Bruce cannot counter.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Matt stomps. He's actually a bullet timer, possesses a greater amount of skill, and has a incredible damage soak in which Bruce cannot counter.

There is a big difference between aim-dodging and bullet timing. Anyway, Bruce has higher durability than Matt, as he tanked multiple concrete-busting punches from Bane.

Avatar image for hustleoverpleasure
HustleOverPleasure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm the Netflix daredevil is faster and more violent but in strict hand to hand sparring it could go either way tho I'm leaning towards DD

Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
deactivated-5988def3424a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Matt's the better fighter, more agile, and the more brutal H2H combatant.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still think this could go either way, but I think Matt probably edges out the win due to his damage soak.

Batman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#187  Edited By Batman3000

I still think this could go either way, but I think Matt probably edges out the win due to his damage soak.

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IMO S1 Matt would take a slight majority but after season 2 he'd get more solid wins.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say that Bruce has a definite advantage in damage soak considering how many hits from Bane he took without slowing down.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman. Stronger, faster and Daredevil has no way of taking him out.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Matt

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going by the OP, I'd say Batman would win due to his suit/gear and Matt doesn't have his.

That said I've yet to watch Season 2, so I don't know what feats Daredevil has since then. Is there a big difference between Season 1 Daredevil in comparison to Season 2?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084
deactivated-5d6bc0cd36084

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Batman is stronger, more skilled and much more durable. He can literally just stand there and take all of Matt's hits without being injured.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lubub55: okay......well Batman does probably win........it's not cause he's Luke Cage........come on man.....

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bruce put's Matt to sleep.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Matt.

DSTREET45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IMO S1 Matt would take a slight majority but after season 2 he'd get more solid wins.