#1 Edited by RisingBean (9832 posts) - - Show Bio

Fight at the docks. Midnight, decently well lit. Start at 30 feet apart. Conex storage/shipping containers to one side, docks to the other. Batman at his physical prime. No vehicles for Bruce.

Who takes it?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
#2 Edited by SodamYat (7907 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice. Im so excited for this show. Daredevil is going to wreck.

Batman was all about the movies which were really great, but it lacked good fights.

Im already going to go on the record as saying Daredevil wrecks with ease.

#3 Posted by RisingBean (9832 posts) - - Show Bio

@sodamyat: It's on now. Go watch it. I paused at the title credits to get people talking about this.

#4 Posted by SodamYat (7907 posts) - - Show Bio

@sodamyat: It's on now. Go watch it. I paused at the title credits to get people talking about this.

gaah, i forgot its 3 eastern time !!!!!! damnit!!!!

#5 Posted by rogueshadow (29434 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil seems significantly faster and more agile, but he doesn't win... yet.

@sodamyat said:

@risingbean said:

gaah, i forgot its 3 eastern time !!!!!! damnit!!!!

Watch that sh*t, son! Go, go, go, go, go, go, go, go!

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
#7 Posted by youmessinwithme (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman has literally no fighting feats in the Nolan films....

and I think it's kinda early to judge Daredevil as he will likely have better fights as the show progresses.

#8 Posted by RisingBean (9832 posts) - - Show Bio

@youmessinwithme: You can use the whole season worth of feats.The whole season is available right now.

Avatar image for dathomiesilversurfer
#9 Posted by DatHomieSilverSurfer (714 posts) - - Show Bio

one episode in, and daredevil takes the cake. the guy they got for choreography was incredible, and the stunt double for daredevil was insanely fast. Everything was just so damn brutal and efficient.

Nolan Batman was slow and clunky in comparison. His body armor could help him out but Daredevil batons should be able to do some damage to the cowl and give DD an opening. Can Bats even hit him?

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
#10 Posted by RudeBomberBoy01 (4557 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait wahh? The Daredevil series is out now?

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
#11 Posted by captain_batman_FTW (8905 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil hasn't released yet here in Norway.

#12 Posted by RudeBomberBoy01 (4557 posts) - - Show Bio

10 minutes in and holy hell he's fast! Still not sure if he can beat Baman though, he doesn't seem that strong.

#13 Posted by MonsterStomp (36975 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like someone wanted the first Daredevil (Netflix) thread out.

#14 Posted by Rexorr (1277 posts) - - Show Bio

Batmaaaaaaaan.

#15 Posted by RisingBean (9832 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: And I succeeded! Tbh I'm surprised somebody didn't make this awhile ago and sit on it.

#16 Posted by MonsterStomp (36975 posts) - - Show Bio

@risingbean: Yeah, true. At least the show is out somewhere.

#17 Edited by JackJack390 (1604 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm watching now, I will give an answer later

#18 Posted by JackJack390 (1604 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil, faster, more brutal, the only edge that Bruce has is durability, but Bats won't be able to hit DD so it doesn't mater

Avatar image for 12_percent_of_a_plan
#19 Posted by 12_Percent_Of_A_Plan (368 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait to see the show!!! It looks great and should provide some good fights. As for the battle, DD takes it. Nolan Bats was not a good fighter.

#20 Edited by i_like_swords (26271 posts) - - Show Bio

From what I can tell, Daredevil's strongest attributes are going to be his insane clairvoyance, agility, reaction speed, accuracy, and sheer willpower. He likely won't have superhuman strength, durability etc, so he's more grounded in that way. He's also shown to be highly skilled so far (I'm on episode 2). Can't judge this accurately until I finish the season but.. presuming Matt is going to improve a lot from now by the end of Season 1, this should be a pretty stellar fight.

#21 Edited by Thor_Parker82 (16480 posts) - - Show Bio

I am currently watching the 4th episode, so I am going to wait and finish the season before saying who wins.

#23 Edited by WastelandMan (8822 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't seen the entire season yet but Matt has been extremely impressive so far. His 3D perception of the environment could work insanely well against Bruce's stealth. He also seems to be faster seeing as how he dodged gunfire in the open and with his back turned as opposed to Bats dodging bullets in the dark.

#25 Posted by WastelandMan (8822 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce seems to be stronger and more durable though ( due to his armor). IIRC, he one shot KO'd multiple people and fell from a skyscraper unharmed while Matt was stunned from a significantly shorter fall.

#26 Posted by kgb725 (19583 posts) - - Show Bio

Matt stomps

Avatar image for 12_percent_of_a_plan
#27 Posted by 12_Percent_Of_A_Plan (368 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomofukuoka: There's 13 in the first season, which is Netflix exclusive

Avatar image for super_soldierxii
#28 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (7661 posts) - - Show Bio

@risingbean:

Just got through the first episode now. Will comment after I watch more. Thus far, looks to me like Nolan's Batman may have the edge though ...

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
#29 Posted by The_Caped_Crusader (10533 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman.

#30 Posted by Master-Danny (751 posts) - - Show Bio

for now, batman wins here

#31 Posted by RudeBomberBoy01 (4557 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Batman wins, his strength and durability feats are significantly better.

#33 Posted by car0nshell (162 posts) - - Show Bio

Nolan batman actually got worse as the trilogy progressed.

#34 Posted by godzilla44 (7605 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Batman wins, his strength and durability feats are significantly better.

I have to agree with this

#35 Edited by cfrehse (2902 posts) - - Show Bio

9 episodes in. DD wins solidly. I would put him as the most skilled street leveler in MCU so far. Cap could win because of enhancements but dd is a beast. Great show by the way

Edit- winter soldier could probably take him also.

#36 Edited by jayc1324 (26432 posts) - - Show Bio

Could go either way. Batman could win with strength, durability and versatility, DD could win with speed and agility. I think Batman would win more often that not though. He really is a lot tougher and has fought better people than Matt. Matt is not at all untouchable despite his speed, and batman easily has the power to out him down.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
#37 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (9130 posts) - - Show Bio

Great fight! I think Batman takes the majority, he has the speed to tag DD but he'll have trouble with his agility.

#38 Posted by 44orhsaJ (1579 posts) - - Show Bio

Based on episode 1, I'd give it to Batman. I'll come back to this if I change my mind. As soon as Matt gets some damn striking feats. All though on another note he seems damn accurate with the billy club.

#39 Posted by Stormdriven (17988 posts) - - Show Bio

@44orhsaj: He doesn't have the billy club yet. That was just a cattle prod.

Avatar image for tylerdurden7272
#40 Posted by TylerDurden7272 (1220 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm giving it to Matt. I seriously haven't seen fight scenes this good in my life. After episode 7, I'd give it to Matt anyday

#41 Edited by 44orhsaJ (1579 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormdriven said:

@44orhsaj: He doesn't have the billy club yet. That was just a cattle prod.

That makes sense, rewatching the scene I didn't notice he picked it up. That might make the feat more impressive IMO.

#42 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (16480 posts) - - Show Bio

I already watched the entire season, and I am sure Daredevil would win 8/10.

#43 Edited by jayc1324 (26432 posts) - - Show Bio

The further I get in the series the more I side with batman. Matt was getting tired during his fights and had trouble subduing a group of seven or so guys. Batman has taken on larger groups than that with much greater speed, despite him being slower than daredevil. Batman hits harder, is a great deal tougher, and didn't struggle with random guys like Matt did. The random guys that Matt struggles with would be fodder for Batman. He took way too long to beat the Russians. His fighting style is cooler but it appears to be less effective than Batman's. If he had trouble hurting thugs with his hits he probably won't hurt Batman in his suit of armor all that much

#45 Posted by Nyhybrid89 (716 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil wins, Nolan's batman is way to stiff.

#46 Edited by 14NC3 (2073 posts) - - Show Bio

SPOILERS FOR IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED

what stage is daredevil at in this match? Has he got his early episode man in the black suit or the end season, proper Daredevil costume?

If its the former, i'd say its Batman although it'll be a very long fight and a close match. Bruces armour is gonna be tough for daredevil to handle, considering that daredevils punches won't do too much damage and that matt had a lot of difficulty with beating Kingpin because of Kingpin's armour. I know matt was also severely injured during that fight but it was clear that he knew he wasn't good enough to go toe to toe with him because he needed to find the guy who made Fisk's armour, and had some difficulty even with his daredevil suit on.

Based on Batman's final fight with Bane, Bruce should just pull through in the end because his suit's durability should be enough to allow him to take a beating until matt gets tired, allowing him to take advantage and throw a flurry of punches and kicks - punches and kicks that hit incredibly hard. Even before matt's tired, Bruce has just enough speed to throw in a couple hits, each punch making significant damage. Daredevil has the speed but does not have the strength to make too much damage to Bruce with a punch. None the less, with matt's endurance/willpower, superior fighting skill and speed, plus his heightened senses that allow him to sense where each punch goes, the fight's gonna be long and bloody on both sides. In the end, The Dark Knight might win, but only just - he'll be exhausted as fuck and beaten to a pulp.

If we're talking Matt's end season armoured Daredevil suit with his billy clubs, i'd say it'd be a win for Matt 7/10. He'll have the sufficient strength with the billyclyubs to make serious damage to Batman and even if he loses them in the fight, the gloves will add strength to his punches. Matt retains the speed and agility that he has with the man in the black costume allowing him to maximise his skill plus added durability from the armour, evening out Batman's durability advantage + softening Batman's hit damage. However, i'd say Bruce is still tougher than Daredevil and his strength, skill and durability should keep daredevil on his toes.

#47 Posted by RBT (29341 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with Bruce. So far I haven't seen anything impressive from Matt.

Matt and Bruce are evenly skilled, but Bruce has a huge stats advantage.

#48 Edited by 14NC3 (2073 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324 said:

The further I get in the series the more I side with batman. Matt was getting tired during his fights and had trouble subduing a group of seven or so guys. Batman has taken on larger groups than that with much greater speed, despite him being slower than daredevil. Batman hits harder, is a great deal tougher, and didn't struggle with random guys like Matt did. The random guys that Matt struggles with would be fodder for Batman. He took way too long to beat the Russians. His fighting style is cooler but it appears to be less effective than Batman's.

Remember he was injured and weaker in the fight with the russians. He had stab wounds, a punctured lung, a concussion and broken ribs. And if we're being precise, there were 9 guys. In other scenes where he'd fight a group of men, he'd mop the floor with them. The fight with the russians if anything proved his willpower and endurance. His fighting style is way more effective than Batman's because he has much more freedom of movement as opposed to The Dark Knight who's much slower and more stiff in his suit. I'd agree that Batman wins with daredevil in his man in the black costume but it's a lot closer than your making it out to be.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
#49 Posted by deactivated-59c716930b8a6 (9227 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman has literally no fighting feats in the Nolan films....

and I think it's kinda early to judge Daredevil as he will likely have better fights as the show progresses.

How the heck did you come to a conclusion like that?

#50 Posted by jayc1324 (26432 posts) - - Show Bio

@14nc3: Oh yeah he's definitely very resilient. I did forget he was injured in that fight scene.