Batman Beyond (DCAU) vs Captain America (MCU)

• 60 results
Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arcus1  Online

Batman Beyond:

No Caption Provided

VS

Captain America (MCU):

No Caption Provided

When Batman Beyond takes on Captain America, who will win?

DCAU/MCU versions, respectively

Fight takes place in the streets of New York City at twilight. Starting distance is 50 feet

Both are in character. Victory by ko

Round 1:

Cap has no shield

Terry can use no ranged weapons

Round 2:

Shield/ranged weapons allowed

Who wins?

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Terry has a number of advantages, but I feel like Cap is the better fighter if we are only using the cannon of the DCAU and not the comics. So I will still say Cap wins.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Arcus1  Online
mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap both rounds. Terry was shaky as a H2H fighter while in the context of the show. He had to go back and learn more. Terry has much more versatility, but cap is still a better all around fighter and was much better at coming up with battle plans on the fly. Terry often had to get help/suggestions from Bruce & even Maxine. He certainly isn't a bad fighter, but Cap is simply better. Also when it comes to morals Cap has the edge in my mind as he is willing to kill if pushed. Where as Terry isn't down for murdering people.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cant terry just drop him from a building

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Arcus1  Online

Cant terry just drop him from a building

That's assuming he can grab him and get him to that height successfully, but Cap wouldn't make that easy. Plus that's not really in character for Terry (though he might try something like that once he realizes Cap's enhanced)

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Old Bruce comes and beats them both up.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerdchore: If Terry were to do that, Steve could just land on his shield

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Arcus1  Online

Old Bruce comes and beats them both up.

true, true

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is old bruce directing him or is he on his own.

Crimson_Bat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Crimson_Bat

Cap is a better fighter probably, but Terry's suit and gadgetry could pose a big problem. That suit can be very powerful. Case in point when Vance takes over the suit and tears through a rock wall in the Batcave to escape. Terry might not use that kind of strength immediately, but once he decides to, its mostly over for Cap. Also, the suits invisibility could be a game changer.

Edit: Suit's durability could be more than cap can handle. It's taken shots from stronger people.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are comic feats allowed?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Arcus1  Online

@zaied said:

Are comic feats allowed?

I'm not overly familiar with the comic feats, do they make this more or less fair?

Is old bruce directing him or is he on his own.

Which do you think would be fairer?

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By zaied

@arcus1 said:
@zaied said:

Are comic feats allowed?

I'm not overly familiar with the comic feats, do they make this more or less fair?

The comics show that Old Bruce stopped assisting Terry after he graduated high school, allowing Dick to take over the role. Terry is also much more formidable as well, relying more on his gear, using gadgets he didn't utilize in the show, and being a smarter combatant. In Batman Beyond 2.0, he easily took out Shriek, Inque, and Spellbinder (his three most powerful villains) one-by-one, using stealth and tactics. He also took on and outsmarted Justice Lord Superman, albeit in a slightly different iteration of his suit. Comic feats would tip things solidly in Terry's favor, IMO.

nerdchore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: with bruces help he should win each time. Without he has a harder time cause the show didnt utilize his skills very well.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Arcus1  Online

@zaied said:
@arcus1 said:
@zaied said:

Are comic feats allowed?

The comics show that Old Bruce stopped assisting Terry after he graduated high school, allowing Dick to take over the role. Terry is also much more formidable as well, relying more on his gear, using gadgets he didn't utilize in the show, and being a smarter combatant. In Batman Beyond 2.0, he easily took out Shriek, Inque, and Spellbinder (his three most powerful villains) one-by-one by using stealth and tactics. He also took on and outsmarted Justice Lord Superman, albeit in a slightly different iteration of his suit. Comic feats would tip things solidly in Terry's favor, IMO.

Hmm, sounds impressive. I'll need to check those out

Sounds like it'd be fairer without comic feats

@arcus1: with bruces help he should win each time. Without he has a harder time cause the show didnt utilize his skills very well.

Let's say he doesn't have Bruce's help then

Nope111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I clicked on to the thread and then i read the title again.

Ahahahaha.....

Saiyan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Terry has technology and more abilities over movie Captain America so he wins this

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Arcus1  Online
Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Arcus1  Online

Cap is a better fighter probably, but Terry's suit and gadgetry could pose a big problem. That suit can be very powerful. Case in point when Vance takes over the suit and tears through a rock wall in the Batcave to escape. Terry might not use that kind of strength immediately, but once he decides to, its mostly over for Cap. Also, the suits invisibility could be a game changer.

Edit: Suit's durability could be more than cap can handle. It's taken shots from stronger people.

Considering Cap's recent feats against Iron Man, I wouldn't say Terry using that kind of strength means it's over for Cap

Captain_Clown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Terry but there's no way around the fact that he struggles with or outright loses to peak humans pretty regularly. Think of Return of the Joker and tell me Cap's going to do worse than Joker did. His suit has a couple high end feats but it's not consistent at all.

With gadgets Cap wins at least 50%, HTH Cap is never going to lose.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Arcus1  Online

@captain_clown: a peak human in the DCAU would be moderately superhuman in the MCU. Terry's suit has a number of superhuman feats, I'll post some later

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

Cap both rounds. Terry was shaky as a H2H fighter while in the context of the show. He had to go back and learn more. Terry has much more versatility, but cap is still a better all around fighter and was much better at coming up with battle plans on the fly. Terry often had to get help/suggestions from Bruce & even Maxine. He certainly isn't a bad fighter, but Cap is simply better. Also when it comes to morals Cap has the edge in my mind as he is willing to kill if pushed. Where as Terry isn't down for murdering people.

Terry has cloaking, enhanced durability( taking multiple close range explosives, building size falls with no issues) super strength with blows that rivals Cap's, and don't get me started on his explosive bat-a-rangs and lasers.

Cap hasn't fought anyone with this level of versatility, the closest he has was Iron man and he didn't even want to fight him, yes I'm aware of the fight scene at the end. (he was also kind of limited, but that's another story,). He may not be as good of a fighter as Cap, and Cap is slightly more stronger, but his other abilities more than makes up for it.

Also there's no speed gap between the two.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatblaze123: He's not going to waste time cloaking at that close range of 50 feet. He's not going to use explosives on a human looking opponent. In the cartoon he struggled with several h2h melee fighter types including that African hunter guy, that ninja cult, and others.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@heatblaze123: He's not going to waste time cloaking at that close range of 50 feet. He's not going to use explosives on a human looking opponent. In the cartoon he struggled with several h2h melee fighter types including that African hunter guy, that ninja cult, and others.

wasn't the african hunter dude super human?

also comic terry takes easy. His superior technology likely gives show terry the edge as well.

Then again, cap did out muscle iron man twice in ca... but i'd say that was pis

Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
deactivated-5988def3424a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

DCAU Bats takes this handily. 8/10

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@heatblaze123: He's not going to waste time cloaking at that close range of 50 feet. He's not going to use explosives on a human looking opponent.

Why? It never stopped him before. And it's used for disorientation.

In the cartoon he struggled with several h2h melee fighter types including that African hunter guy, that ninja cult, and others.

That's about as valid as saying Cap struggled with Crossbones. You make no attempt at discrediting his tools and abilities being a factor.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker: Yes he was, but he didn't do anything above Caps power levels when it comes to stats. This isn't comic terry. It's DCAU. He doesn't get comic feats. Cap whoops him up.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatblaze123: Only cap didn't struggle with Crossbones and Crossbones punches didn't phase him. Terry's main weakness was melee/h2h fighting which is why Bruce sent him to training. Cap can dodge and block his bat gadgets. While fast, it's not like his batarangs are moving at bullet speed.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@heatblaze123: Only cap didn't struggle with Crossbones and Crossbones punches didn't phase him.

Ok, that's a lie, and you know it.

Terry's main weakness was melee/h2h fighting which is why Bruce sent him to training. Cap can dodge and block his bat gadgets. While fast, it's not like his batarangs are moving at bullet speed.

We've seen him get knocked back by explosives when blocking, he has no counter for his cloaking and his stealth. Coupled with a with ranged tools, it's not looking favorable for him.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By kbroskywalker

@lukehero said:

@kbroskywalker: Yes he was, but he didn't do anything above Caps power levels when it comes to stats. This isn't comic terry. It's DCAU. He doesn't get comic feats. Cap whoops him up.

He flew fast enough to keep up with planes, was able to solo numerous superhuman lizardguys, survived blows of lightning and mr.freeze's blasts, he seemed pretty impressive to me.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Arcus1  Online
@arcus1 said:

@captain_clown: a peak human in the DCAU would be moderately superhuman in the MCU. Terry's suit has a number of superhuman feats, I'll post some later

As promised

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Arcus1  Online

@zaied: @lukehero: so there appears to be at least 2 comic series that are canon to the DCAU, do either of you know if they all come after the show or if any of them are supposed to take place during the show's time?

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By zaied

@arcus1 said:

@zaied: so there appears to be at least 2 comic series that are canon to the DCAU, do either of you know if they all come after the show or if any of them are supposed to take place during the show's time?

All of them take place after the show, other than the first two comic runs from when the show was still on the air.

EDIT: I believe Terry wins both rounds, even without comic feats, btw. The idea that he struggles against skilled opponents is false, as is the idea that Bruce and Max helped him in fights. Terry utilized his own plans and tactics 99% of the time, and routinely beat/gave Curare and Stalker trouble who were both skilled and enhanced combatants (they easily deflected gunfire, blitzed groups of armed men, had super strength, etc). Joker taking him on isn't a bad feat for Terry since it's explained how Joker became such a good fighter. Plus, their actual fight was more of a stalemate.

Terry has simply prevailed against much tougher than what Cap will present. With his own skill and wits, he has beaten Mad Stan, Curare, Inque, Stalker, and Shriek who'd all beat MCU Cap with ease. He even beat his own Batsuit while in street clothes and without any gear, which I doubt Steve could do.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatblaze123: He's 50 feet away. Terry would use stealth as a tool to sneak up on people, but not dudes that were sitting right in front of him. His cloaking was good, but hardly 100% full proof invisible. IIRC there were times where people noticed his general outline. Also I can name several fights like the fight with curare, mad Stan, and the joker where he didn't spam gadgets or use his cloak mode when he was right in front of them.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker: He was good for what he was doesn't change the fact that Captian America is the better melee fighter and since they are 50 feet away they are going to naturally and logically engage in close quarters combat. Cap is better in this situation and beats Terry up.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In round one neither are even allowed to use gadgets and it's pretty clear who is the better H2h fighter...

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

In round one neither are even allowed to use gadgets and it's pretty clear who is the better H2h fighter...

yea capes takes that no question, i'm assuming suit is a gadget

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Arcus1  Online

@lukehero said:

No he has the suit in round 1. The only thing he doesn't have is his ranged weapons (so batarangs, bolas, stuff like that). Everything else is allowed

@zaied said:
@arcus1 said:

@zaied: so there appears to be at least 2 comic series that are canon to the DCAU, do either of you know if they all come after the show or if any of them are supposed to take place during the show's time?

All of them take place after the show, other than the first two comic runs from when the show was still on the air.

Thanks

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

No, the suit wouldn't count. He gets his Batman Beyond suit. He would still get whooped.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:
@kbroskywalker said:
@lukehero said:

No, the suit wouldn't count. He gets his Batman Beyond suit. He would still get whooped.

suit is stronger than caps

Crimson_Bat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1 said:
@crimson_bat said:

Considering Cap's recent feats against Iron Man, I wouldn't say Terry using that kind of strength means it's over for Cap

I'd disagree. Iron Man wasn't impressive to me in Civil War. Destroying the Batcave wall is far beyond anything Iron Man did in Civil War.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Arcus1  Online

@arcus1 said:
@crimson_bat said:

I'd disagree. Iron Man wasn't impressive to me in Civil War. Destroying the Batcave wall is far beyond anything Iron Man did in Civil War.

There's no reason to think his armor got much weaker compared to previous showings

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Terry's suit gives him every physical advantage, Cap only beats him in hand-to-hand skill, but neither gap is as big as some might think. Cap could win this, but it's much more likely Terry will. He has more options and it's too difficult for Cap to cause decent amounts of damage to Terry's suit.

Crimson_Bat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1 said:
@crimson_bat said:
@arcus1 said:
@crimson_bat said:

There's no reason to think his armor got much weaker compared to previous showings

Actually theres the scene where he gets a contusion from the car landing on him. Even the Mark 3 took a tank shell with no damage in Iron Man 1. His suit seems to be weaker.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Arcus1  Online

@arcus1 said:
@crimson_bat said:
@arcus1 said:
@crimson_bat said:

Actually theres the scene where he gets a contusion from the car landing on him. Even the Mark 3 took a tank shell with no damage in Iron Man 1. His suit seems to be weaker.

He wasn't noticeably hurt from the cars (and it wasn't just a car landing on him, it was Wanda slamming a number of cars on him). Yeah Friday said there were contusions, but it's not like they were significant

Crimson_Bat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They still got through his armor. Compared to suits from Avengers and even Iron Man one, there's no evidence to suggest that Tony's suits aren't weaker now.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Arcus1  Online

They still got through his armor. Compared to suits from Avengers and even Iron Man one, there's no evidence to suggest that Tony's suits aren't weaker now.

Why can't they just be that strong? Cap's shield lodged itself in Ultron in AoU

Crimson_Bat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Crimson_Bat

@arcus1 said:
@crimson_bat said:

Why can't they just be that strong? Cap's shield lodged itself in Ultron in AoU

True true. Honestly Tony was just so disappointing in Civil War. I still feel like Cap can't really stand up to the suit's strength and durability.