Batman Battle of the Month VOTING: Bane vs. Bullseye

• 155 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Poll Batman Battle of the Month VOTING: Bane vs. Bullseye (364 votes)

Bane 48%
Bullseye 47%
Too close to call 5%
Bullseye or Bane? The winner's determined by you.

Batman's run through a very tough gauntlet in this segment, so he's taking the month off (fear not, he'll make his return in the next edition). While Bruce Wayne enjoys some much deserved R&R, the man who once shattered his life will be put to the test. This month, Bane will square off against the incredibly lethal Daredevil villain, Bullseye.

Will Bane's pain tolerance grant him the win or will Bullseye make the foe fall from one too many wounds? Well, the outcome's completely up to your vote. Yes, you. So, if you happen to be particularly passionate about this one, go ahead and get your elaboration on. If it's awesome enough, it just may sway more votes to the character you're rooting for and potentially get promoted in Friday's update.

Anyway, read on to check out all of the rules for this fight. They're important, so don't overlook 'em. Once again, you have all week to think about this, so there's no need to vote just yet if you're not certain about who should earn your support.

Match Rules

• Combatants are in character.
  • This is a random encounter.
  • They're fighting in a generic downtown city setting. It's unpopulated, at night and all standard city lights remain on. Assume they start roughly 30 feet apart and visible. There's a fair amount of cover between them (parked vehicles, bus stops and such). The entire area is on limits. This means alleys, rooftops, building interiors, etc.
  • This is PRE-52 BANE with the same version and venom set-up he had during Knightfall. Aside from that, he's unarmed.
  • Bullseye's gear: a wide variety of throwing weapons (playing cards, shurikens, daggers, knives, etc.) and two sais.
  • Incapacitation, knockout or death all count as elimination.

Viners, you have the week to research, debate and vote! This means there's no reason to vote right away if you don't have all of the info you need to make an educated decision. Check the homepage Friday for an updated article with the following:

• Thoughts from the Comic Vine staff.
  • A Viner Argument for both sides (can't include scans and must be in the poll thread).
  • If we're lucky, blurbs from industry talent.

Feel free to make future match suggestions in the comments below or via Gregg's Twitter page.

• 
Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Haha, after the skip for Christmas, I like this matchup indeed!

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

deathstroke19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I will be back.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Bullseye, IMO

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 k4tzm4n  Moderator
Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Wolverine008

I think this more or less depends on how much piercing damage a Venom infused Bane can take before he closes the distance on Lester and destroy him in H2H combat. I've believe a Bane off Venom has tanked a few bullets before, but does anyone have any stabbing/piercing tanking feats that suggest that he wouldn't get killed before he closed in on Bullseye?

VMole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

What is Bane's record on piercing weapons? I realize that Venom would allow him to take blunt-force impacts fairly well and ignore a lot of pain, but I think a knife to the brain is a knife to the brain just the same.

darkbeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By darkbeam

This all depends on how fast Bane is.If he can't react fast enough to a knife to the head then he losses,if he can then he wins.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Maddpanda531

Wow, it's a perfect 50/50 split right now.

Edit: Oh, wait. There's only 12 votes...

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bane

mtrakos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see Bullseye's blood thirst getting him into trouble. Bane charges forward as he tries to dodge bullseye's attack. But I dont think Bullseye sticks and moves. He tries to get closer for his kill, thats where he slips up. Gets in Banes grasps, bullseye is done.

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RageEx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RageEx2

Bullseye. Considering the large starting distance (30 feet), the fact that they are both visible, and Bane's large size, Bullseye can have a field day. Though there is a large amount of cover, Bane hasn't shown many feats in terms of dodging projectiles, choosing to tank them instead, and Bullseye has more than enough skill to hit someone using cover. Bane is certainly a formidable opponent, especially with his venom, but he shines up close; put him up against Bullseye, a master marksman, and put distance between them, and Bane most certainly dies. There is always the chance that Bane manages to venom up and charge towards Bullseye before he can take too much damage and crushing Bullseye at close range, but that chance is very slim. Overall, I give it to Bullseye 9/10, maybe 8 if Bullseye gets too cocky and Bane decides to actually fight carefully instead of the way he is usually portrayed.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By Strider1992

@k4tzm4n said:

Ha. Who are you siding with?

I will not tarnish my CaV with you! I still stand by mah boy Bullseye! I'll elaborate when I have the time.

CaseyJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bullseye defeats Bane the same way Batman always does: He cuts his incredibly obvious, exposed Venom tube. Bane screams, shrinks, gets a bladed playing card to the forehead.

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17  Edited By leokearon

Bullseye, anything in his hand is a lethal weapon so he will never run out of weapons and unless Bane has a Radar Sense he can't dodge the attacks which will all be designed to kill. Also Bullseye can aim for the Venom system and damage it so Bane can't use it.

daltonmunnal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm leaning Bullseye for the obvious reason of long range, unless somebody can demonstrate Bane having a remarkable ability to endure projectiles and sharp objects. I'm not as familiar with him.

Avatar image for Oreoassassin421
OreoAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By OreoAssassin

Bullseye

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By ComicStooge

I'll stay undecided for now.

bizarrosplace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By bizarrosplace

Great fight!!!! This was a back and forth for me. For Bane, as long as he is not "venomed up" he is one hell of a strategist and Hand-to-Hand combatant. Then if the going gets bad he just juices up and becomes a juggernaut. For Bullseye, deadly as they come and mean. With his ranged weapons with pinpoint accuracy is his "ace" in the hole. Plus if it gets to close combat and Bane goes for the "break the bat" move, Bullseye has had strips of adamantium fused to his skeleton and spine, making his bones virtually indestructible.

So, as much as I dig Bane, I cast my vote for Bullseye. But man I would love to see this fight!

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By TommytheHitman

If Bullseye hits Bane's venom tubes it's pretty much over for Bane. For that reason I have to give it to Lester.

Leafx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane has this wrapped up. easily. There is no doubt as to Bullseye's skill, the dude is a master with weaponry, one of the best in comics. Unfortunately for him, Bane simply outclasses him in other ways. First of all Bane has shown to be terrifyingly intelligent, both hatching a plan that ultimately tired Batman out to the point that when time came for Bane to face him, Bane may as well have been fighting a lost puppy. He is a master at attacking both your body and your mind (that said bullseye is adept at this too). Bane has even outsmarted the great Ra's Al Ghul, memorizing a prized book of his and then destroying the book, ensuring he had an ace up his sleeve if it ever came to blows (which it did). Bane has venom in this encounter, so I'm sure others will make the argument that if bullseye cuts his venom tubes the fight is over. I believe this is false, Bane has shown to overcome venom before, and without venom he is still an extreme danger. Bane is fast, extremely durable (we've seen him get shot, stabbed, etc. without even flinching), and strong. Bullseye may start the fight throwing knives, cards, what have you, but Bane will charge him, close the gap, and the second he gets his hands on lester, well we'll be left with a broken bullseye.

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think bullseye takes this one by picking bane off with everything he has and anything he can find.

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bullseye's faster. Bane's tougher

Oh wait they start 30 feet apart

Bullseye wins

robertloucksjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rainja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With out plot armor bane is just another victim. I dont see what will stop Bullseye to aim for his head or any other vital point that matters. Someone said Bullseye will be cocky,maybe but Bane wont be any smarter Bomb rushing someone like bullseye and litterally walking into an attack. And if this gets close quarters, Bullseye is agile enough to dodge and attack at the same time. Bane could get a lucky grab and then crack, he is dead but bullseye has the distance and the tools to go to work. I say Bullseye>Bane 7/10

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Wolverine008

In this situation, I'd have to back Lester for the majority. 30 feet of distance is more than enough distance for Lester to put the cumulative damage on Bane necessary to either extremely hinder him, or make him succumb to his injuries before he could engage Lester in hand to hand combat, and I do not see the cover making much of a difference considering Lester's world class aim. Despite Bane's ludicrous pain tolerance and the increased damage soak capabilities Venom will grant him which will help make shrugging off injuries to non lethal body parts while still functioning optimally easier, a sai to through the brain or the heart is well, a sai through the brain or the heart unless Wolverine decides to lend Bane his healing factor. Bane also tends to tank damage thrown his way, and this tendency will probably increase with Bane's pain tolerance and damage soak capabilities being enhanced by Venom. Bane has also never really shown the agility/avoidance that people who have managed to successfully make a career out of dodging Bullseye's projectiles (A Daredevil for example) that he'll need to dodge Lester and get in for a hand to hand fight with him.

I can indeed see Bane craftily stealing a few victories if Lester does not take this extremely dangerous opponent he is facing as seriously as he should at first, and plays around at first while trying to savor killing his prey. This is something he has done on and off occasionally, and it has cost him victories with people like Crossbones and Moon Knight. If he does try play that with Bane in this situation, this is going to end up being a hand to hand fight, and Lester isn't going to be dropping a Venom enhanced Bane purely H2H anytime soon.

Avatar image for digitalshooter9
DigitalShooter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In knight fall, bane survived a great deal of projectiles shot at him by Jean Paul Valley batman...I don't think bullseye can bring bane down(especially on venom) before he closes in and snaps his neck. it is also mentioned that there is a lot of cover which is an advantage for bane......

butters911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane is really formidable, but by the time he gets close enough to Bullseye to actually hit him, he will be losing a lot of blood, and possibly his venom tubes will be pierced.

Rainja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BUllSEYE<Bane

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Bane.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#33  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

I'm going for BullsEYE

clemj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IS THERE EVEN A WAY FOR BULLSEYE TO KILL BANE?

really guys, Bane can even walk slowly towards bullseye, and he probably won't feel a thing. considering he will run at him, Bullsye won't be able to kill him before close combat, and I'm afraid he loses here.

BWANASIMBA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bullseye for the win. Bane's tubes are an obvious weakness, he's not tough enough to take a sai/ knife/ anything large enough to pierce the skull or heart (as even on Venom he's barely superhuman), and Bullseye has an immediate advantage due to the distance (granted if they were 5 feet from each other Bane would win nearly every time). Bane has to close the distance to win. I say Bullseye wins 7 times out of 10, maybe even 8.

Avatar image for ghost_rider_888
ghost_rider_888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bullseye should win this , a knife to the face is still a knife to the face , but since more people like bane , bane will win this ( even if it s bullshit )

Iron_Turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm swayed towards Bane on this one.

Just need to confirm one thing before I am absolutely certain though.

In the Knightfall novelisation by Dennis O'Neil. As part of the process which granted him the venom delivery system and implants, Bane is described as having sub dermal armour implants protecting all of his vital organs and brain.

Is this cannon? If this is, then I can confidently say that there is no way Bullseye is winning this.

VMole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm swayed towards Bane on this one.

Just need to confirm one thing before I am absolutely certain though.

In the Knightfall novelisation by Dennis O'Neil. As part of the process which granted him the venom delivery system and implants, Bane is described as having sub dermal armour implants protecting all of his vital organs and brain.

Is this cannon? If this is, then I can confidently say that there is no way Bullseye is winning this.

There has been nothing to show that he is impervious to piercing or slicing damage, his fight against JPV with his shuriken launcher showed him getting cut up in his fleshy bits fairly easily.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This can go either way. Lester tends to eff around a lot, if Bane closes on him, Lester dies. But if Lester is serious, he wins. Too close to call.

bgibs13390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bullseye has tagged Spider-Man and Daredevil on multiple occasions. He is quick, agile, has fantastic accuracy feats and has killed Electra and beaten Daredevil in h2h before. He should not be taken lightly. Bane's biggest strength is his power but unless he can close the distance without getting hit he won't reach Lester. I think Bullseye takes this comfortably.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Repost:

This is a great match up imo. Bane's definitely got the agility to dodge whatever Bullseye can throw at him. He's been able to avoid shots from expert marksmen including Batman, Nightwing, and Az-bat, who fired his like bullets. He's definitely physically superior to Bullseye even off venom he's been shown to rip the walls off prison cells with ease, with venom he grows twice as strong. He's also got his own skills in h2h combat, should it come down to it.

Bullseye area of expertice is nailing his target, he's surely got the skills to tag even the most agile of opponents including Daredevil. He's gone toe to toe with Daredevil on multiple occasions, and Elektra as well. Given that he's been able to tag people like Daredevil who have radar sense from a distance and stop Deadpool in his tracks, who has a crazy healing factor, I'd say Bullseye has a good shot at winning this fight if he avoids a straight up hand 2 hand fight and he's already at an advantage starting 30 feet apart.

That being said when it comes to strength, intelligence, stamina, stealth and endurance, Bane is the one with more advantages. Considering those factors, which all will almost certainly come into play into play at some point in the fight. When that happens Bullseye will be forced to fight Bane's fight. However, this is not my final stance on the fight the fight. I'll have to do some reading on both before I give my verdict.

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe it would start with Bane storming towards Bulllseye as Bullseye back tracks trying to keep the distance, i wouldnt be surprised if Bullseye tries to get to higher ground maybe climing up fire escape or aomething similar and using his perfect accuracy to take Bane down. I'm aware Bane isn't stupid but to win he needs to get close where he could out fight Bullseye due to his enhanced strength. The Marvel hitman has to many expert skills to be taken down by Bane and will probably get a shot off that would cut Banes neck open. Bullseye has unlimited weopons. A simple smash of a window and he has shards of glass that he can throw like daggers. So in my opinion bullseye is favourite.

TheMagicStik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TheMagicStik

I'm leaning towards Bane, if somebody like Daredevil can dodge and take Bullseye out, then I'm betting a tactical genius like Bane can do it too.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm leaning towards Bane, if somebody like Daredevil can dodge and take Bullseye out, then I'm betting a tactical genius like Bane can do it too.

Tactical genius has no play in dodging things. It depends on reflexes and agility.

VMole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By VMole

Being a tactical genius means you're aware of your opponent, your immediate surroundings, your own abilities, and how well you can use your strengths to overtake their weaknesses while mitigating your weaknesses and his strengths, it has nothing to do with how well he can dodge.

Bane's only chance is to force Bullseye into closer quarters, but he doesn't have the requisite abilities of guys like Daredevil, Spider-Man, and Captain America to reliably mitigate Bullseye's range advantage. He'd have to rely on Bullseye retaining his pompous jackass personality and putting himself into a compromising position to allow Bane to snatch and crush him up close. Bane's durable enough to take a beating like a champ, but he's not tanking piercing weapons to his body.

I see Bullseye taking the greater majority of this fight, 8.5/10.

Avatar image for g_money_christmas
G_Money_Christmas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even with all his skills, even if Bullseye hits him with 100 blows, when Bane is on Venom, it's like he's on PCP. He's a freight train who unless Bullseye can inflict a massive enough amount of damage to drop him, I don't think he'd be able to stop him in time. Bane would get to him and crush his skull. He may eventually die from his wounds, but I think Bullseye would be out. And that's all if Bane can't outsmart him first. Bane is a tactical genius who was able to outsmart and defeat Batman (even though he did have a handicap at that time) which is still saying something.

powerflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hmm, it would be a close match, thats for sure. However bane's greatest asset would be his venom, however I would say its a pretty safe bet that after seeing bane juice up, bullseye would use something to sever the tubes. From there it would be a battle of wits. I have to say bullseye would take the win, because he is used to fighting without powers, as well as having his adamantium laced skeleton, which would give him a resistance boost against bane

TheMagicStik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themagicstik said:

Tactical genius has no play in dodging things. It depends on reflexes and agility.

And Bane doesn't have reflexes or agility? The thing that was so deadly about Bane is that he was so crazy strong but he was also as intelligent and had reflexes like Batman. Also being on Venom means it's going to take a ton more than a couple of wounds to down him.

I think Bane would be smart enough and quick enough to dodge lethal strikes and eventually get close enough to Bullseye to punch him into oblivion.

_Genesis_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers