Batman Battle of the Month RESULTS: Batman vs. Snake Eyes

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Last month, Batman was defeated by X-23. This month, Bruce Wayne is going toe-to-toe with yet another deadly and bladed character: Snake Eyes. Did the Dark Knight get stabbed and slashed until he's defeated for a second month in a row? Or was he able to overcome this latest obstacle? Well, the Comic Vine community had five days to think it through, debate and cast their votes. Now that the poll is locked, Batman fans can breathe a sigh of relief. He may have lost last month's battle, but this month, he's walking away with the victory. Although, he'll probably need a band-aid or two.

No Caption Provided

The lethal ninja from G.I. Joe received 34% of the votes, but the Caped Crusader pulled in 58%. Meanwhile, 8% thought this fight had the potential to go either way and deemed it to close to call. So, why'd Bruce win? As the debate went on, one key point kept popping up: many people simply don't believe Snake Eyes has endured challenges that are as varied and as difficult as the ones Batman has faced. Now, that's not to say this wouldn't be a good and wildly entertaining fight. Many Viners agreed this would be a battle well worth watching, especially since they're quite similar in many ways. They're both superb with stealth, stunning hand-to-hand fighters, and their physical capabilities aren't far apart. While Snake Eyes has gear that's simple yet effective, Batman has more variety, and, as the fight progress, and that's always going to be a wildcard worth taking into account.

Truthfully, I was hoping the poll would be much closer, but at the end of the day, it looks like more than a few people are walking away from this experience with a little more knowledge on Snake Eyes, and I'd say that's most certainly a good thing. Even if you think one character is the obvious winner, the objective here is just to have fun wondering about how it would play out and hopefully learn a new thing or two about the characters in the process. Anyway, usually the Viner Arguments of the Month are pretty thorough and there were quite a few well-thought-out posts made this week, but we'll give your eyes a bit of a break and highlight two quick and concise arguments that were made for each combatant. They're much shorter than what we usually feature, but they get right to what they believe are the key factors in the battle. Sometimes less can be more, after all.

No Caption Provided

Viner Argument of the Month for Batman is by Saren

Batman somewhat handily. It's all well and good to go on about Snake-Eyes' lack of compunctions and stealth and experience and yada yada, but the fact remains that he exists in a universe where the challenges he has to face are far less formidable than the challenges Batman has faced. Snake-Eyes offers nothing that Batman hasn't seen before.

Viner Argument of the Month for Snake Eyes is by Lunacyde

Snake-Eyes....in a long and brutal battle I would pay handsomely to see. I'll expound upon my reasoning later. For now the basics are that the two characters are very similar in a lot of ways. Where there are differences I can see SE having more of the advantages useful to this encounter. Batman's greatest advantages over SE are his overall intelligence, preparedness, exploitation of opponent weaknesses and wide array of gadgets and gear. These qualities will factor very little into this specific battle. Meanwhile Snake-Eyes greatest advantages are his willingness to do anything he must to defeat his opponent, his willingness to kill, and his deadly assortment and knowledge of weapons. These will factor more heavily into the fight and tip the scales in his favor.

Because no one else was able to chime in this month, we'll go ahead and highlight a post that was made for the "too close to call" option, too.

Viner Argument of the Month for Too Close To Call is by Owie

This is one of those fights I keep changing my mind on. It's very hard to "prove" one is more skilled than the other.

Batman is stronger and smarter. He has a much wider range of non-lethal weapons. His basic armor is better.

Snake Eyes is possibly faster, more agile, and stealthier. He has a wider range of lethal weapons.

But who is more skilled? Hard to say. I would argue Snake Eyes, but not by a lot. I don't have anything that shows him being better in any concrete way, it's just my take on who he is. But I would also argue that there is little that proves Batman is definitely more skilled either. In other words, I don't think there are any scans of either of them dong anything in terms of skill that the other wouldn't be able to match.

How does this all go down? Assuming they see each other as real enemies, Snakes will probably start shooting. Batman will dodge. Batman will probably throw some batarangs, and Snake Eyes will throw throwing stars, and they'll both dodge. Snake Eyes does have some advantage from a distance, having automatic weapons, but probably not enough to win. They both have grenades of some sort and would toss them around. Having taken each other's measure, they would either go into the shadows and try to attack by stealth, or just go in and fight. Snake Eyes is probably stealthier, as I said, but I am guessing Batman has enough tech to find him. I'm going to say that kind of evens out and they end up just fighting head to head anyway. Close up, Snake Eyes does have a sword, and Batman doesn't, so again Snake Eyes has at least a basic weapons advantage. Is it enough? I dunno. Possibly. But Batman has his armor, can use his cape defensively, etc. I feel like this is essentially too close to call.

No Caption Provided

Check the homepage on March 31st for an all-new Batman Battle of the Month! Wait, a Batman Battle of the Month in APRIL? That's certain to be a serious and balanced one, right? There's no way we'd have Batman take on a dude who eats planets or anything. In the meantime, you're welcome to make suggestions right here in the comments, in the official thread, or via Twitter.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

snake eyes wins!! battle stands no chance man.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

This was a really good battle Katzman. Someday wish there is a live action battle to see how it goes down!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Well Batman.
He knows every martial art there is,and every teqnique to destroy any opponent he faces.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This one was very heated and intense, I loved it!!!

ClawFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

NOOOoooo... I missed this months battle?! D:

I wouldn't of been able to help either way, I would of voted "To close to call." but I love being able to chime in and write out my thoughts. Maaaaaaan. Epic battle right here too.

Wdc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't snake eyes just shoot him?

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By iaconpoint

Interesting. I actually put Snake over Bats because he is a soldier, which is the same reason I put Cap over Bats. But the first poster is correct: soldier or no, Snake hasn't seen the sh*t Bruce has seen. Cap has, but that's another topic. I guess the dark ninja beats out the silent ninja after all.

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By iaconpoint

@wdc: Many have tried. Those that have succeeded have awoken to broken bones and a horrible headache!

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

This fight could've gone either way, they are both evenly matched despite what some people seem to believe. Not surprised by the outcome though.

Wdc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wdc: Many have tried. Those that have succeeded have awoken to broken bones and a horrible headache!

That is a good point. He has fought those like Deathstroke who have better gun training and gotten out alive. But I'm not wholly convinced yet.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BATMAN REIGNS SUPREME!

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RustyRoy

Batman will win but it will be one hell of a fight.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think its sad that the Viner of the argument for Batman is really another way of saying, "Anything Not DC or Marvel is flat out weaker than Image, IDW, Dark Horse, ect....."

Great argument, and mindset.

Sorry Snake Eye fans :/ @lunacyde@owie You too definitely represent though.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love how @saren Viner Argument of the week is just quick and to the point :D

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 owie  Moderator

Sorry Snake Eye fans :/ @lunacyde@owie You too definitely represent though.

Thanks.

One of these days I'm going to have to try to get argument of the week for the winner of the darn fight! But since I usually like to argue for the underdog, that's probably not gonna happen. :)

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: Say that to Saren's face!

Its really not just Saren, it was most of the Batman argument. Am I to believe we cannot compare characters in a fight unless they come from the same Universe now? Thats a freaking lame Battle Forum to me :/

Snake Eyes may not beaten Clay Face, or whatever, but why does he have too? He has beaten Storm Shadow, if we count the IDW inter company crossovers then Decipticons, and more super human Joes. Why is he inferior to Batman who has losses to guys way lower than Clay Face? Batman has a hard time with guys like Madhatter, Riddler, ect. Doubt any of those cooky villains would last a day in the Joe verse.

Anyway, its sad. DC is "more establish" Universe, and for many people on the Vine that equals a auto win. Which is why we get nothing but the same lame crap Marvel vs DC matches all the time :/

Devil_Driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Devil_Driver

Batman skates by on his reputation once again, nobody is surprised at this result I imagine. Batman the peak human who performs at an often superhuman level was matched against an honest peak human and spite stomped, nothing new to see here.

Batman is not written within the proper parameters often enough to take this battle seriously, either he is a peak human and needs to be written in that manner, or he sneaks away from superhumans on a regular basis and "tags speedsters" sadly he gets away with a bit of both.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owie said:

Thanks.

One of these days I'm going to have to try to get argument of the week for the winner of the darn fight! But since I usually like to argue for the underdog, that's probably not gonna happen. :)

No problem, nothing rooting for the Underdog. its more rewarding to root for the underdog, and see the underdog win.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: It is true that snake eyes hasn't faced anything like batman has though. That isn't even debatable

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Pokergeist

@jayc1324 said:

@cadencev2: It is true that snake eyes hasn't faced anything like batman has though. That isn't even debatable

Does it matter? He has faced plenty of Comparable things that matter. Facing Clay Face means Batman has knowledge of beating a Mud Man. So what, is Snake Eye's a Mud Man? Is beating a Mud Man applicable to beating Snake Eyes? No, its not.

Meanwhile Snake Eyes face plenty of guys on Batman's level. With tech, stats, and skill near Bruces own. Snake Eyes beaten them. Is this applicable to beating Batman? Yes it is.

Thats why the whole argument of "Batman face Flash, Clay Face, Superman, yadda, yadda, yadda," means little when none of those characters power, abilities, or skill is the same as Snake Eyes. Snake Eyes feats and gear is close to many foes that nearly, or has beaten Batman.

That should be the argument. But it does not matter, people will vote on how they will.....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: But it does matter... Batman has proven he can use his mind in many different ways and he has dealt with threats much greater than snake eyes has. That matters. Snake eyes on the other hand has never dealt with anything like batman has. And if you are just gonna complain and want something specifically applicable to snake eyes then batman has beat guys like snake eyes before. In fact he has taken on numerous guys like snake eyes before all at once. Not to mention his much superior gear and all the other advantages batman has.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: I'm responding to your same universe comment : Unfortunatly It looks like it's coming to that

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: a comparable fight is the fight with Nobody. That type of experience is what will allow Batman to win.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Pokergeist
@jayc1324 said:

@cadencev2: But it does matter... Batman has proven he can use his mind in many different ways and he has dealt with threats much greater than snake eyes has. That matters. Snake eyes on the other hand has never dealt with anything like batman has. And if you are just gonna complain and want something specifically applicable to snake eyes then batman has beat guys like snake eyes before. In fact he has taken on numerous guys like snake eyes before all at once. Not to mention his much superior gear and all the other advantages batman has.

You obviously miss the point, which is why its not worth discussing. Beating Clay Face, Superman, ect does not mean a thing when Snake Eyes cannot be beaten or attacked the same way ;/

Thats the point. Would you fight a Shark the same way a Human? I did not think so >_> I killed a aligator once, can i kill a human now with same training as me?

See thats how dumb the arguments are.

Onkelkarlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iaconpoint: I actually put Snake over Bats because he is a soldier, which is the same reason I put Cap over Bats.

That is one of the dumbest arguments, i've ever heard.

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By medulaoblaganda
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Pokergeist

@timelordscience said:

@cadencev2: a comparable fight is the fight with Nobody. That type of experience is what will allow Batman to win.

True, but what feats does Nobody have to say he is on the same level as Snake Eye's. Lets put the other shoe on the other foot now. Snake Eyes has fought and beaten way more than nobody did, thus he must be better.

Thats the extent of arguments for Batman here.

Im just calling it how I see it. He have more feats in a well establish universe means he wins. Thats the arguments these days boil down to lol.

69ballzdeep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By PunyParker
Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Snake-Eyes was clearly the winner of this fight, but another solid wank for Batman.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n Gotta say, the "Does Batman Always Win" segment has gotten weaker since you incorporated it into Battles of the Month. I miss your breakdowns.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I must say, I'm really, really tired of seeing the QQ after the voting is said and done. There's a reason I leave the community voting segments open for so long, but apparently, no one seems to really get it. You want to know why? It's so you can spread the word, not just leave it for the regular crowd to debate longer. Spreading the word to friends and more is far more effective than making some petty post when the dust has settled. Why didn't people bring this to Snake Eyes fan pages and such? If you want to see someone win, work for it. Not to mention this will also bring new voices to the community.

Yes, popularity will always play some kind of role, but Batman isn't undefeatable. Hell, he lost to X-23 last month, didn't he? And before that he lost to Black Panther, Kraven, and Wolverine. And as long as you can prove it'll be a good fight, what else really matters? Start having fun instead of getting mad about a freaking segment on the internet about fictional characters fighting. Seriously, this exists so we can have a good time with fellow fans, spread knowledge and even learn. Leave the kindergarten crap out of it, please.

@dark_cloud_ said:

Snake-Eyes was clearly the winner of this fight, but another solid wank for Batman.

Yeah, because thinking Batman could beat Snake Eyes in a good fight is totally far fetched, right?

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By reaverlation

@k4tzm4n: So will there be a battle of the week next week?

Also agree with @wolverine08

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: Just keep doing your thing man. Sure some people will always whine and complain, but you do great stuff with your segments.

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@cadencev2: But Batman has fought Shiva, Deathatroke and recently Talons, so his peak human repertoire is fairly varied as well.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@k4tzm4n: Just keep doing your thing man. Sure some people will always whine and complain, but you do great stuff with your segments.

This.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: I don't think you understand why the argument of batman facing bigger threats than SE matters.

And by the way batman has fought many ninjas at once before and beat them. Same with soldiers

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: do you know snake eyes capabilities? i still believe snake eyes wins. so pass.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@reaverlation said:

@k4tzm4n: So will there be a battle of the week next week?

No, sorry. That has been replaced by "Favorite Comic Runs." The same "cheerlead and share if you want something to win" logic applies there :D

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hart7668 said:

@cadencev2: But Batman has fought Shiva, Deathatroke and recently Talons, so his peak human repertoire is fairly varied as well.

Thats a good argument, much better than Batman wins becuase he face Clay Face and Superman like some people say.

@jayc1324 said:

@cadencev2: I don't think you understand why the argument of batman facing bigger threats than SE matters.

And by the way batman has fought many ninjas at once before and beat them. Same with soldiers

Sorry, I live in the real world were beating something entirely different than another thing does not equal a win :/

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: do you know snake eyes capabilities? i still believe snake eyes wins. so pass.

As i said i don't know what particularly he is capable of,so i am no expert in this fight.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n: Oh OK I see.thanks for that :)

iceslick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

@k4tzm4n: I really don't see a point in typing all that Gregg to argue the internet. It's a battle, you can never win, hell not even Batman can defeat the internet, lol. People are gonna always B!tch about something. I think there's no way of stopping it sadly, even I try and I still lose, lol.

TheBlackHood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

I must say, I'm really, really tired of seeing the QQ after the voting is said and done. There's a reason I leave the community voting segments open for so long, but apparently, no one seems to really get it. You want to know why? It's so you can spread the word, not just leave it for the regular crowd to debate longer. Spreading the word to friends and more is far more effective than making some petty post when the dust has settled. Why didn't people bring this to Snake Eyes fan pages and such? If you want to see someone win, work for it. Batman isn't undefeatable. Hell, he lost to X-23 last month, didn't he?

And as long as you can prove it'll be a good fight, what else really matters? Start having fun instead of getting mad about a freaking segment on the internet about fictional characters fighting. Seriously, this exists so we can have a good time with fellow fans, spread knowledge and even learn. Leave the kindergarten crap out of it, please.

@dark_cloud_ said:

Yeah, because thinking Batman could beat Snake Eyes in a good fight is totally far fetched, right?

Well some of us appreciate and enjoy the fights. One of the weak arguments the always comes afterward is all the whiners talking about how people vote for Batman no matter what because he is popular. If you look at the posts, it becomes pretty clear that there are just as many people that will vote against Batman simply because they hate the character. Snake Eyes vs Batman was a good fight. But in the end it went to Batman because he has the edge in experience, intelligence, and gear. I would be willing to wager that if you put Batman against someone he could beat soundly, you would still have 30% or more go to that character simply out of Bat hate. So while there are some BatGod worshipers, there are just as many BatHaters.

medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2: Sorry, these characters are in a fictional world where real world logic doesn't apply.