Batman and Captain America vs The Institute (Fallout 4)

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

VS
VS
No Caption Provided

Spoilers for Fallout 4 may be in this thread, watch out!

Situation:

Bruce and Steve have teamed up together to save the Commonwealth from the Institute menace. They'll basically be replaying the mission "The Nuclear Option", but with less backup. It can all be seen here:

They are both morals on, have no prep, and get all the knowledge the player would know at the time. Bruce has his standard gear that he always carries in his normal Batsuit, Steve is 616 and has his normal suit and shield. They will be no in fighting, but their teamwork is only as good as their morals allow.

In order to win, they must bust in through the sewers, fight their way to Father's Room, evacuate the scientists, and set off the nuclear reactor. They have to get past all the synths, coursers, and whatever else that attacks the player in the final mission.

Instead of talking to Father in his room, they must meet and defeat the Sole Survivor. He is maxed out with all perks and has the following gear-

• Armor-Fully Modded Heavy Synth Armor.
  • Melee-A Super Sledge with the Stun Pack mod.
  • Close Range-Laser Gun with the Automatic Barrel and Maximized Capacitor mods.
  • Long Range-Institute Laser with the Overcharged Capacitor, Improved Long Barrel, and Long Recon Scope mods.
  • x5 Plasma Grenades.
  • x10 Stimpacks

Before dealing the final blow, The Sole Survivor will escape and they can continue to the reactor. If they can fight their way there and taking out the forces that are normally there, they will meet the Sole Survivor again, with the following upgrades-

• Everything he had above.
  • X-01 MK VI Power Armor with all mods and an Institute paint job.
  • A Gatling Laser.
  • The X6-88 companion.
  • x10 Plasma Grenades.
  • x15 Stimpacks.

If Cap and Bats win again, they are allowed to set off the reactor and bring down the Institute, winning the match.

Can the superhero duo complete this mission, or will the Institute crush them with their synth army?

Avatar image for joey_destroyer_of_worlds
Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sole Survivor takes 'em. Like, all perks? That's ridiculous. He can restore himself to full health 10 times with 10 Stims.

Plus, not sure how much of VATS we're callin' game mechanics, but he also has the potential to one-shot both Cap and Batman with headshots. Unless of course they have feats of resisting lasers that have one shotted people. With the Sniper perks, all them Rifleman perks, etc.? Yeah. Don't see them having the durability to deal with it. Of course, the two could dodge... But I only see that going on for so long before they get smashed.

Especially in Round 2.

KingTPhil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SS with all perks one shots both of them.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SS with all perks one shots both of them.

Sole Survivor takes 'em. Like, all perks? That's ridiculous. He can restore himself to full health 10 times with 10 Stims.

Plus, not sure how much of VATS we're callin' game mechanics, but he also has the potential to one-shot both Cap and Batman with headshots. Unless of course they have feats of resisting lasers that have one shotted people. With the Sniper perks, all them Rifleman perks, etc.? Yeah. Don't see them having the durability to deal with it. Of course, the two could dodge... But I only see that going on for so long before they get smashed.

Especially in Round 2.

What perks do you guys think are too much?

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bookmarking now so I can come back to this after I get through FO with endings so I won't be spoiled.

Avatar image for joey_destroyer_of_worlds
Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: Hard to say, really, due to how widespread a lot of those perks are. I guess some of the 'main ones' would be Rifleman, Gunslinger, Concentrated Fire, Big Leagues, Ricochet, Critical Banker, anddddd Better Criticals.

Also, don't give him any stimpacks, or take away the Medic perk. Even then, maybe cut the amount of stimpacks to only 5.

After all that, frankly, I'm not too certain who'd win.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By zaied

Whether they can get far or not would depend on the same moral element the player is faced with throughout the game. If Batman and Cap treat the Synths as just killer robots, I think they could plow through them with high difficultly.

As for the rest, I don't really like discussing RPG characters since it's just impossible to combine the different perks, playstyles, mechanics, etc. into a single, coherent representation of the character. I think they can beat the Sole Survivor in the first fight, but maybe lose the last one.

BulletTimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Bookmarking now so I can come back to this after I get through FO with endings so I won't be spoiled.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edaa8b959055
deactivated-5edaa8b959055

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unfortunately I haven't beaten Fallout 4 yet, so I don't want to participate because of spoilers. Appreciate the tag though!

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84a212043e5
deactivated-5a84a212043e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Laser weapons in fallout lore are strong enough to cut people in half. That's several megajoules worth of energy, should be enough to drop either hero with a single direct hit.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else wanna comment?

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All perks? Damn, they're hard pressed to beat him the first time, they don't have a hope in the second. Also, would they kill the synth's or not? I don't think they would and that could be troublesome for them as well.