BaT Tourny Round 1: thetruthiii vs tparks (wins)

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By tparks  Online

Buy a Team Tournament: Round 1 thetruthiii vs tparks

Teams

@thetruthiii

No Caption Provided
  • Joker
  • Deadpool
  • Bullseye
  • Kingpin

VS

@tparks

No Caption Provided
  • Leonardo
  • Donatello
  • Michelangelo
  • Raphael
  • Splinter
  • Shredder
  • 15 foot soldier ninjas

Rules

• Morals are on. In character
  • Standard Equipment
  • Teams will work together, regardless of histories
  • Debate respectfully (shouldn't have to say it, but I am), disrespectful debating can be grounds for disqualification. Play nice!

Location - thetruthiii is red, tparks is green (there are no bystanders)

No Caption Provided

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By tparks  Online

@thetruthiii

Before I get into my strategy, I'll give some basic info on my team. I'll keep this brief as I have a huge roster in this tourny.

Leo

No Caption Provided

Leo is the oldest brother of the Turtles and is considered the most skilled. He is a great fighter with his katanas and shurikens, and is a great leader that inspired his brothers to win fights against characters that should be out of their league.

Strength

Just a few scans on his strength, I'll post more if I need them. All of the turtles are low level superhuman. They have feats that put them usually around 5 tons but can hit feats of a 10 tonner on occasion.

• All of these scans show Leo's strength as capable of slicing through mousers. The mousers have been shown to be bulletproof as well, so this would require a large amount of strength to cut them with a sword, let alone demolish them like Leo does.
  • This feat shows Leo being piled on top of by a horde of foot ninjas. He as the strength and endurance to muscle his way out of it. He even is able to use his elbows and kicks to break 6x6 structural posts that carried the entire weight of the ceiling.

As you can see, Leo is going to pack some punch when he hits. He can land a KO on your team when he gets an opening.

Durability

All of the turtles have superhuman durability. I'll post a few feats to demonstrate.

• The mousers attack Leo, Don, and Splinter. During the attack, the brick ceiling collapses on them. Leo has the durability to tank the damage and keep fighting.
  • Leo can even tank shots from Slash. Slash has claws that cut through steel and is easily a 30 tonner if not more.

It's not going to be easy to put down Leo. His physicals alone surpass everyone on your team besides Kingpin. But Kingpin doesn't have near the strength Slash does, and Slash couldn't put down Leo. The only advantage your team has is guns, but Leo is an expert bullet dodger.

Bullet / Laser dodging

I'll put a few feats here to show Leo bullet and laser dodging. He can also deflect shots with his katanas. I'll put up those posts later though.

• Scan 1: Leo dodges laser fire from a giant mouser
  • Scan 2: Leo dodges a bullet from point blank range. He was so close that he could trip the guy who tried to shoot him immediately after his dodge without having to move closer.

Donny

No Caption Provided

Like the rest of the turtles, Donny is low level superhuman in all of his physicals.

Strength

• Scan 1 & 2: Donny and his brothers use teamwork to help jump up the side of a building and on to the roof. They also continue to make more superhuman jumps to the next roof
  • Scan 3: This might not have been Don, but it was one of the turtles. A foot soldier is thrown through a very tall window and it travels a very long distance before hitting Shredder. This would easily take a 10 tonner if not more.
  • Scan 4: Donny hits so hard with his Bo Staff that it shatters Shredder's mask.

Durability

• Scan 1: Donny is hit by the gravity gauntlet. This thing has the power to lift and throw cars like they weigh nothing, but Donny takes no real damage from it.
  • Scan 2: Another shot from the gravity gauntlet, but Don tanks it.
  • Scan 3: Donny uses the gravity gauntlet to escape. The height he flies should kill him when he hit's the ground, but he is seen next as uninjured.

Bullet / Laser Timing

All four of the turtles are very talented when t comes to dodging bullets and lasers.

• Scan 1: Dodging laser fire from the giant mouser
  • Scan 2: Dodging bullets being sprayed at Donny from a Stockgen Guard

Mikey

No Caption Provided

Everyone assumes Mikey is the weakest and least skilled brother of the four because of his sense of humor and the way he doesn't take everything so serious. This couldn't be further from the truth. I would argue that Mikey has shown the best physicals out of his bothers. If his brothers can hit 10 tons, then Mikey is closer to a 12. He is also faster then them.

Strength

• Scan 1: This may not be Mikey, but one of the turtles throws the body of a foot soldier through a very tall window acroos a large distance and into Shredder. This is easily a 10 tonner's feat if not more.
  • Scan 2: Check out the height of Mikey's jump as compared to even Leo.
  • Scan 3: Mikey's shot to Shredder is while Shredder is falling backwards. It stands him back up and propels him into Donny's swing.

Mikey swings his club with the force of a home run swing. I'll post more of his strength feats later. I'm saving one for later that will show why he can put down Kingpin like it's no big deal.

Durbaility

• Mikey is mauled by mousers. You can see one latched on to his arm, but it does no damage. Mousers were designed to chew there through IED's, yet this doesn't damage Mikey.
  • Shredder kicks Mikey with his armored boot and Mikey tanks it.

Just like the rest of the turtles, your team is going to have to do some serious damage to put down Mikey.

Bullet / Laser dodging

All of the turtles are able to dodge and deflect bullets, lasers, and arrows. Mikey is probably the most impressive of all of them. MIkey is able to spin his nunchuks at incredible high speeds that he can form a shield to block lasers with them. I'll post some more of these later.

• Mikey dodges bullets before taking a thief out with his nunchuck
  • Dodgin lasers from the giant mouser

It's not going to be easy to shoot any of the turtles, Mikey most of all.

Raph

No Caption Provided

Raph is the guy on my team you don't want to make mad. When he goes into his rage mode, there's no saying he won't resort to lethal blows with his sais.

Strength

• Scan 1: Raph grabs and tosses one of Old Hob's gang members like a rag doll.
  • Scan 2: Raph throws a person with one hand a long ways into three other gang members
  • Scan 3 & 4: Old Hob tries to tackle Raph from behind. Raph throws Old hob an amazingly long distance.

Those feats are from his street fighting days before his ingrained Ninja abilities from his previous life was recalled in training. He still is able to toss people around like rag dolls.

Durability

• Scan 1: Raph tanks a shot from a crowbar to the shell
  • Scan 2 & 3: Tanks a pistol whip to the back of the head from Old Hob and a massive kick. Old Hob has the same mutations as the turtles, so he hits with superhuman strength.
  • Scan 4: Alopex hits Raph with a swing from her claws. Her claws are able to dig into the sideof a brick wall. Raph takes no damage though.
  • Scan 5: Casey's dad tries to beat Raph while he's down, but only hurts himself on Raph's shell.
  • Scan 6 & 7: Alopex kicks Raph in the stomach but it does no damage. Scan 7 shows how hard she can kick.

Raph can take a beating, no doubt about it. The more your team hit's Raph, the angrier he gets. He's kind of like a mini Turtle version of Hulk.

Splinter

No Caption Provided

Splinter is by far the best martial artist in this match (arguably Shredder matches him). He is talented in a large number of martial arts and he changes them constantly while he fights. He is also superhuman in physicals. What really sets him apart from your team, is that he is on his second life time of being a master martial artist. He has more experience then your team could ever reach.

I'm only going to post a few feats here, because I'll save the bulk of Splinter's feats for the match. He is one of my two MVP's, so he will be involved a lot in my strategy.

• Scans 1 & 2: These show Splinter using his devastating palm thrusts. The first scan illustration shows the speed and power of his palm strikes. These are some of his signature moves that can one shot KO your team members.
  • Scan 3: Splinter uses his extreme strength to pummel Shredder to the ground with his staff
  • Scan 4: Splinter's kick is so powerful that it folds a foot soldier's body in half

Shredder

No Caption Provided

The only one that might be as talented as Splinter in this match is Shredder. Shredder is on his third lifetime of being the best martial artist on the planet (arguably Splinter matches him). Shredder has way more experience then anything your team could possibly have.

Just like wit Splinter, Shredder's feats will be limited here as I am saving my two MVP's for my strategy.

• These scans show Shredders incredible fighting speed. He shows Karai why he is in charge and not her. If you've been following the new series, you will know that Karai is no joke. She can hang with the best of any street levelers, but not Shredder. Shredder takes out Karai and a squad of foot soldiers in seconds.
  • This scene, Shredder is not even using his armor. He still manages to easily defeat Leonardo. To be fair to Leo, he did just fight his way through a horde of foot soldiers before this happened. Look at the flawless technique of Shredder though. He also has very high strength to hold Leo by the throat with one hand and casually toss him off of the roof.

Why my team wins.

My team has so many advantages in this. I'll start a list to help keep track.

1. NUMBERS

I have a total 21 highly trained ninjas on my team against your team of four. 5 of my characters (Turtles and Splinter) are low level super human, and 1 of them (Shredder) is flirting with low level superhuman. The foot clan are also no joke. I'm not going to lie and say they would be a huge threat to your team on their own, but when they are backed by the four turtles, Splinter, and Shredder; well that's just way too much for your team to handle.

2. SKILL

All of the turtles were trained to be ninjas a lifetime ago. Their lives were ended short, but they were reincarnated as turtles. All of their past lives training has been ingrained in them, so even before they started training as turtles, they were masters of their skill.

Splinter, is also on his second life time. In both of his life times, the only person who could match his skill was Shredder. He is by far more talented then anyone on your team. Here's a feat to show his ridiculous amounts of fighting styles and how easily he can switch between them. This also shows how he is an expert with nerve and pressure point strikes.

I'm not going to describe the scene as I encourage anyone who reads this to actually appreciate everyone one of these scans instead of just taking my word on it. This is one of my favorite scenes in comics, and you really just need to soak in the martial arts ability that is Splinter.

The only one who could possibly be more skilled then this is Shredder. He is on his third life time of being a master martial artist. Every life time the only one who could match him was Splinter. Here's a fun little feat of him in his first life time killing multiple legions of samurai warriors, ON HIS OWN!

Shredder is just a beast.

3. PHYSICALS

I've already shown scans above, but the turtles and Splinter are definitely the most physically gifted here. They can move faster, hit harder, and soak up more damge then your team (except for maybe Deadpool because of HF).

4. TEAMWORK

I know part of this tourny's rules is that all teams will work as a team regardless of differences, but there's no denying my advantage of having the turtles and Splinter working together. They know pretty much everything about each other and their tendencies in battle and how to compliment each other. This is probably my biggest advantage. I also have Shredder who has 15 Foot Soldiers that already see Shredder as a leader. Shredder knows exactly what his soldiers are capable of.

Strategy

I already listed my advantages, so now I'll say how I am applying them.

I'm sending Donny after the Joker with 5 foot soldiers with him. Donny is the smartest of the bunch, so he will know to avoid any of Joker's Venom. As a turtle, he also has the ability to hold his breath for very long periods of time. If Joker uses his venom on Donny, Donny will be fine as he can hold his breath long enough to get room to breathe. Donny also is more then capable of taking Joker one on one, but he also has a team of Ninjas backing him up.

I'm sending Raph, Shredder, and 5 foot soldiers at Deadpool. Deadpool is going to be the hardest to keep down because of his healing factor. It's a good thing I have two characters that hit like a ton of bricks and are armed to put some pain on Deadpool. These two are so skilled that they should be able to avoid anything Deadpool tries to dish out, while applying plenty of pain in Deapool's direction. The other good thing about these two is they will go straight for delivering pain. These guys have the worst anger issues, and won't be afraid to add some extra pain in their attacks.

I'm sending Leo and Splinter at Bullseye. Bullseye's range might is deadly, but both Splinter and Leo can deflect anything Bullseye throws their way. As soon as they close the distance, Bullseye will have no chance against two characters as incredibly skilled as them.

Here's some images of them deflecting arrows from Karai. Karai has shown to have some Green Arrow like feats as well with her bow.

• Here Splinter cuts down an arrow from Karai at close range.
No Caption Provided
  • 6 arrows are shot at the same time at Leo and Raph. Leo is able to cut all of them down and not let a single arrow hit him or his brother.

As you can see, Leo and Splinter will have no problem with Bullseye.

Last but not least, I'm sending the beast that is Mikey with 5 fot soldiers at Kingpin. Mikey's physicals are way too much for Kingpin to keep up with. I know Kingpin is fast, strong, and very durable, but so is Slash. Slash is a giant mutated snapping turtle that would tear through Kingpin with ease. Slash is just a tank and can soak up a ton of damage without feeling it. Check out these scans of Mikey having the strength to put down Slash. He was the only one of all the turtles to actually have any impact against slash with striking attacks. He can easily do this to Kingpin. He doesn't just put down Slash to save Leo, he actually hurts Slash too, which shows just how punishing Mikey hits.

Sorry to add a large image outside of the small one I already have, but I just love this scan soooo much! Mikey is awesome.
Sorry to add a large image outside of the small one I already have, but I just love this scan soooo much! Mikey is awesome.

Closing

In closing, My team has four distinct advantages over your team.

1. Numbers
  2. Skill
  3. Physicals
  4. Teamwork

With these four huge advantages, my team of ninjas should have no problem taking out your team quick.

TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Since I dislike scans(takes soooooo long), I will post the ones you want to see separately. First, however, I will counter your points.

Sorry for the late reply. Life is busy

Teamwork- I really don't have much on this one, except for the fact that my team, with Bullseyes long-range and Deadpool's close-combat skills, aren't completely outmatched in this area.

Skill-When you said that my team is hopelessly outmatched in this area, I don't believe that is true. Deadpool excels at hand-to-hand combat, and has taken on the likes of Sabertooth, Captain America, Wolverine, X-Men members, Rhino, Hulk, Deathstroke(that crossover was hilarious) and even Hercules, most of which far outclass your team. Plus, his healing factor will prove to be a huge challenge alone. Kingpin also possesses above-average strength, speed and skill. He has fought Spider-Man head-on, who is definitely above mere street level. Bullseye has defeated Daredevil in hand-to-hand fights, which is no joke in a street level tournament. Joker is kind of a fourth wheel, since he does not possess any superior combat skills. However, his strategic mind and his infamous poison should cover this.

Physicals-True, your team is gifted in this area. However, so is mine. Deadpool has chemically-enhanced strength, speed and stamina, which puts him above most, if not all, of your characters. However, most importantly, his HF has stood up to Mutants, superhumans and demigods alike, so your team is not getting through that. Bullseye has not only enhanced strength, speed and stamina, but he can also shoot with unrivaled accuracy. And, just for the count, deflecting arrows does NOT equal deflecting bullets. Kingpin is also physically superior to any normal human. Once again, Joker is left out in the cold. However, his poison and other tools should cover his weakness.

Numbers- This means nothing when I have two character with machine guns. Your normal soldiers will die very quickly. And since prep isn't allowed, a strategic mind doesn't move as fast as bullets.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tparks  Online

@thetruthiii: I get that with the scans, it can take a while and can get frustrating. Everything you said seems well thought out and is good stuff for debating, but just a heads-up, I've never seen people on here that use no scans at all to back up their claims get votes on this site. There will be people voting who do not have knowledge on your team as well as you do, so they will not have much to go on. They have no way of knowing if anything you are saying is true without something to help back up your claims. If you do not want to use scans, you can also just use links to sites that support your arguments or just copy and paste stuff out of a respect thread. I just wanted to give a friendly warning in case you want to edit your post or add something else before I respond with a rebuttal.

Here are some respect threads you can use if you need help finding scans: Joker, Deadpool, Bullseye, Daredevil

If you're fine the way you have it, that's ok too. Let me know either way though so I know if I should post my response now or wait.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By tparks  Online

@thetruthiii: If you edit your first post, it's cool, just let me know. I just wanted to make sure I got a reply in before tomorrow when this closes for voting.

As far as physicals go, I've proven in my first post how Splinter and the Turtles are all way above Deadpool in Physicals. He doesn't even come close. Deadpool is peak human, maybe low level Superhuman, but he is less then 5 tons at the most. The Turtles and Splinter are all 8-10 tons easy. I've also shown my team dodging and deflecting bullets. Even my Foot Clan ninjas are capable of deflecting bullets. See my scan below.

An random Foot Clan ninja is capable of deflecting four rapidly fired bullets
An random Foot Clan ninja is capable of deflecting four rapidly fired bullets

Shredder is able to push Leo out of the way from a bullet at near point blank range and close the distance to chop off the Savate Leaders hand before he can fire a second shot.

No Caption Provided

Donny dodging a laser by tucking his head in his shell. This also shows the other turtles just dodging lasers too.

No Caption Provided

Leo deflecting a laser with his sword and Mikey deflecting two lasers with his nunchucks. This also shows all of the turtles easily dodging lasers.

No Caption Provided

Here Raph deflects a laser with his Sai and dodges more to get a laser cannon.

No Caption Provided

As you can see, your guns and other ranged weapons mean very little to my team. Everyone on my team is a very talented bullet dodger / deflector including my foot ninjas. My team will close the distance and make short work of your team.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tparks  Online
tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tparks  Online
Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tparks  Online
_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tparks  Online

@gularte2000: Thanks for taking the time to read and vote!

TheTruthIII - 0

tparks - 2

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@tparks for me.

TheTruthIII kind of ruined his (1) post by not even includeing scans.

Was it even a post though? I don't know. Tparks might have autowon.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tparks  Online

@pr0metheus: Thanks for reading and voting!

The TruthIII - 0

tparks - 3

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is another reason why I don't enter tourneys on vine all they care about is scans and feats , which is not always what determines a battle but whatever just my 2 cents is all so to any user that reply's to my comment it better be a good one

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tparks  Online

@smxlr8: There's some truth to that. Sometimes tournaments can turn into nothing but a pile of scans without any strategy. I think there needs to be a good balance of feats and strategy, and only use scans that are really applicable to what needs to be part of an argument. I included quite a few scans because my characters are generally less known characters. It makes it easier for people to know what they are capable of.

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks: you right but wrong as well but again it was my 2 cents

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tparks  Online

@smxlr8: It's cool. I can see where your coming from.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tparks better argument and actually used scans.

desmond006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tparks  Online
tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tparks  Online

It's been three days, so I'm closing this round and moving the tourny to semi-finals.