• 410 results
Avatar image for guardiandevil83
#201 Edited by Guardiandevil83 (9348 posts) - - Show Bio

@motm: Diana's sword was featless before her solo so...

Also he wasn't bloodied. That was a scratch.

#202 Edited by deltahuman (4985 posts) - - Show Bio

Diana blitz decaps if this is Base Thanos. He was unimpressive. Alternatively she could just cut his hands off and leave. Its that easy

Avatar image for supermanforever
#203 Edited by Supermanforever (8521 posts) - - Show Bio
@erkan12 said:
@supermanforever said:
@noone1996 said:
@erkan12 said:
@thunderprince said:

Thanos one-shots.

based on what?

Stronger (who can one-shot armored Leviathan, and can shook a giant Sakaar Coliseum) and faster than both Hulk and Ragnarok Thor. (Hulk can catch a super-sonic Aircraft, can blitz Chitauri army, Thor can deflect blaster bolts from Chitauri and as fast as Loki who can catch an arrow with bare hands)

Fast enough to catch Spiderman (he has super-speed) while fighting against Dr.Strange and Nano Stark.

One-shot from Thanos would be enough to put Diana, who get stomped by Supes's headbutt.

Thanos's pimp slap >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Supes's headbutt.

Stronger than hulk? maybe, he stomped hulk mostly due to speed. Hulk still has shown better physical stats by feats.

Also he had power gem when got to thor and everything happened of screen so you cant claim that he beat thor without speed.

he faster than thor and hulk? ok both of those are massively slower than wonder woman. they got 0 showing of bullet level combat speed, while wonder woman has shown mach 3 combat speed. Reaction to blasters? and wonder woman reacted to lightning from Ares? if we go that road then ww still stomps in terms of speed. Not to mention how is wonder woman not strong? She was matching doomsday in combat who would slaughter both hulk and thor the same time. Not saying ww is doomsday level, but her ability to fight him just shows that he can go against stronger opponents and do fine.

One-shot from Thanos would be enough to put Diana, who get stomped by Supes's headbutt.

Base thanos is not fast enough to even tag wonder woman, wonder woman has been hit multiple times from likes of doomsday who are even superior to dceu superman yet she had 0 problems tanking them.

She got stomped by supermans headbutt because superman is fast as hell and can catch her and destroy her in terms of speed. Thanos is not even close to have feats on par with superman to say he would catch her.

Thanos pimp slap couldnt even put down fodder level characters let alone match superman in strenght. Just casual heatbutt caused shockwavesm thanos even going against hulk didnt cause a single shockwave.

Now keep wanking somehwere else.

WW blitzes and decaps.

#204 Posted by Supermanforever (8521 posts) - - Show Bio

@motm: Diana's sword was featless before her solo so...

Also he wasn't bloodied. That was a scratch.

Dianas sword cut nuke level durability like butter. So now it was not featless until solo movie. Also in solo movie she had godkiller which was destroyed by Ares. Now she has sword of Athena which is counter part of her comic book sword. Thanos has now shown any durability on the level of doomsday and if her sword easly sliced doomsday, i dont see why it wouldnt cut thanos. Specially when just casual punches from iron man and literaly featless Stormbreaker cut him like piece of cake.

OT without stones, ww blitzes stabs in the head. even with stone he was getting tagged all over the place, from characters way below ww in terms of speed.. WW would have decent chance.

#205 Posted by GeorgeWBush (12182 posts) - - Show Bio

>Claims Thanos can’t tag Diana

>Ludendorff tagged Diana multiple times

flawless logic

#206 Posted by Erkan12 (8435 posts) - - Show Bio

WW blitzes and decaps.

Whenever you say this I am literally laughing, seriously.

#207 Posted by Supermanforever (8521 posts) - - Show Bio

@erkan12 said:
@supermanforever said:

WW blitzes and decaps.

He has no durbaility or speed withstand it. You could wank it all you want, fodder level characters were tagging thanos with 4 gems. Wonder woman will have 0 trouble and stabs in the head.

#208 Posted by Darksercate (893 posts) - - Show Bio

@motm: Spiderman has nowhere near the speed or reaction timing as Diana? Come off it now lol, she's not superman nowhere even close, like at all. Thanos will not be blitzed by her.

Also I meant her punches and kicks with physical attacks, i understand that her sword can cut him but again, we disagree on the impact her piercing will have on him.

You keep comparing thanos to doomsday but I honestly don't see the comparison. Doomsday was nearly featless, jobbed and had an inconsistent power level because he was constantly adapting. His strength level was unclear but Diana has no strength feats that would suggest that she could even remotely come close to standing toe to toe with thanos nor does she have the durability to say she could tank what he can dish out nor does she have the speed to claim a blitz when Thanos has already shown to be capable of dealing with fast opponents.

I do however admit that she could win, maybe, if she landed a few well placed strikes or stabs, but the likelihood of that happening are very very low in my opinion. I personally think that she would try a blitz, get caught, then thanos would proceede to trash her just like he did with everyone else.

#209 Posted by Szeth (110 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos stomps.

#210 Edited by Darksercate (893 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanforever: Thanos was obviously shown to be stronger than hulk when he broke the hulk's grip on him then proceeded to turn hulk's hands away from him. Thanos had full control over hulk physically, that much was clear. Diana has no strength feats to suggest that she is even remotely close to thanos physically.

"Casual punches from iron man"? How more dishonest could you be? For one, iron man's nano-tech suit was impressive and for two those punches were from a Tony giving it his all and he could only manage to produce a small cut and a smile from Thanos. Stop being dishonest.

#211 Posted by Mike_Fowler (5080 posts) - - Show Bio

@georgewbush: wonder if people will just ignore what you said when it’s true

#212 Posted by ThunderPrince (7079 posts) - - Show Bio

@muvdcu:

If he lands them it would definitely hurt her. The thing is he's still too slow and it's not like she's inferior to him in combat like Hulk was. She's as skilled at worst or more skilled at best and has gear to block and counter and hurt him all while he struggles to tag her. She's definitely got a speed advantage. At no point in time did Thanos operate at DD speed. Also hitting people crazy far is very indicative of how hard the hit was.

What skill feats does WW have? The best skill feats that I remember is her taking down a bunch of poorly trained German soldiers, with better stats and the element of surprise. Thanos actually dominated an opponent with massive strength, striking power, and durability. I agree that sending people crazy far is indicative of how hard a hit was but the damage the strikes causes is also important.

That means if you smack someone and hit them with the hardest hit ever the force isn't just gonna make them stay there they get thrown off crazy far.

Like with Juggernaut getting punched out of the country by Onslaught.

The distance at which you launch someone is definitely a huge indicator of striking as your single blow did that. Yes they don't always hit people thousands of feet away in comics but that's mostly because they don't want to draw that all the time. But realistically how hard Hulk and Thanos hit people in comics would put them through a generous portion of the earth's crust. Also sometimes they hit people so hard that the person throwing the punch would actually almost launch themselves into space.

They don't do actual physical action/reactions in comics. Otherwise it would just look silly.

I agree that how far a strike sends an opponent is good indicator of how powerful the strike is. But it is not the only indicator and I personally believe that the damage done by the strike to an opponent is the biggest indicator of how powerful the strike is. After all, it is quite common in comics, cartoons, and movies for powerful strikes to cause little damage to the environment and send the person struck by them sent a very small distance away. But the strikes usually cause massive damage to the person struck by them despite the fact that the person had tanked strikes that had sent them flying much further.

#213 Posted by Gracetrack (4678 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_shazam0920: Well I respect your opinion, but I personally just don't see that. She's every bit as durable and strong as they are based on the most current feats, but they still aren't anywhere near as fast as she is.

#214 Edited by Erkan12 (8435 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanforever said:
@erkan12 said:
@supermanforever said:

WW blitzes and decaps.

He has no durbaility or speed withstand it.

You know Base Thanos is stronger than Hulk right?

Joe Russo :''I mean it's like death comes to call for the Avengers. This is a nearly unbeatable force who is determined to destroy half the life in the universe to bring it to balance. He sees it as an overgrown garden that he needs to prune. As you mentioned, he is fairly invincible. He's a sort of genetic mutation who's the Genghis Khan of the universe. He's unbeatable on the battlefield, stronger than the Hulk, skin in invincible. So it's going to cost the Avengers something to defeat him.''

This description puts him above of any powerhouse in MCU in terms of durability and reaction speed, and don't get me started about how durable Hulk or Thor was.

@supermanforever said:
You could wank it all you want, fodder level characters were tagging thanos with 4 gems. Wonder woman will have 0 trouble and stabs in the head.

You mean like Aquaman tagging her? Or Steppenwolf?

She never demonstrated a better combat speed than deflecting bullets which is something Thor, Loki or even Bucky could do.

Stop talking about things that she never does, if she can't do a thing to Steppenwolf or Supes, she is nothing in front of Thanos.

#215 Posted by Supermanforever (8521 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanforever: Thanos was obviously shown to be stronger than hulk when he broke the hulk's grip on him then proceeded to turn hulk's hands away from him. Thanos had full control over hulk physically, that much was clear. Diana has no strength feats to suggest that she is even remotely close to thanos physically.

"Casual punches from iron man"? How more dishonest could you be? For one, iron man's nano-tech suit was impressive and for two those punches were from a Tony giving it his all and he could only manage to produce a small cut and a smile from Thanos. Stop being dishonest.

she doesnt need to have strenght to keep up, she didnt have doomsday strenght either. All she needs is blitz and stab thanos in the head.

Funny you say she has no strenght to keep up, but ignore that he has no speed to keep up with her.

#216 Posted by Supermanforever (8521 posts) - - Show Bio

@erkan12:

You know Base Thanos is stronger than Hulk right?

I never said he wasnt. I said i hated how they lowballed hulk though.

This description puts him above of any powerhouse in MCU in terms of durability and reaction speed, and don't get me started about how durable Hulk or Thor was.

Another thing i did not ignore. Although by feats atleast thor has better feats than thanos. Going by durability thors new star feat>>>>> anything thanos has tanked.

You mean like Aquaman tagging her? Or Steppenwolf?

She never demonstrated a better combat speed than deflecting bullets which is something Thor, Loki or even Bucky could do.

She demonstrated that she can move at speed of mach 3 bullets which somehting none of the characters you mentioned can do. Best feat they have is reacting to couple of stuff which on scale are not even mach 3.

Wonder woman easly outclasses when it comes to speed.

Stop talking about things that she never does, if she can't do a thing to Steppenwolf or Supes, she is nothing in front of Thanos.

Base thanos has barely any feats, aswell as no durability feat other than tanking couple casual hit from hulk, which even wonder woman would tank. Doomsday landed much harder punches on wonder woman than hulk landed on thanos yet she was completely fine.

she is nothing in front of Thanos.

Thats your opinion, feats say she will easly use her speed and decapitate or stab in the head. Thanos got stabbed by stormbreaker which has lower piercing capabilties than her sword confirming he wont survive her stab.

Doomsday has massively stronger durability than that of thanos and this is not opinion this is feats. Doomsday tanking nuke>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>anything thanos did in terms of durability. Dianas sword completely ignored DD was nuke proof and choped his arm, same result happens here. WW kills him.

#217 Posted by RL4 (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos doesn’t fight like doomsday, and Diana didn’t fight like quicksilver. Thanos just strangles Diana to death like he did to Loki, or he splits her skull open like he did to Vision. Lol.

#218 Edited by Darksercate (893 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanforever: What is funnier is how much you are overstating wonderwoman's speed. Yes she is fast but she is not superman fast. Her speed alone will not grant her the victory here seeing how thanos was capable of fighting a group of opponents, two of which could pierce him and he managed to overpower them without much use from the IG. Mantis was the only reason the team almost won. He was also able to tag spiderman several times.

Her speed is honestly not impressive enough to grant her an instant blitz win against an opponent like thanos who can react to her. Thanos is physically too dominate for her so much so that this fight should be labeled a stomp.

#219 Posted by Supermanforever (8521 posts) - - Show Bio

@darksercate:

Yes she is fast but she is not superman fast.

Never said she was faster, but surely faster than thanos. Even with 4 stones he was getting tagged by likes of spider man etc. Wonder woman has better speed feats than anything thanos has shown so far even with all stones.

Her speed alone will not grant her the victory here seeing how thanos was capable of fighting a group of opponents, two of which could pierce him and he managed to overpower them without much use from the IG

her speed alone wont, but her speed and sword will. dont get me wrong im not saying ww is giving thanos a beat or anything. Im saying she can use sword and speed to her advantage. If she goes for instantly speed slash stab thanos wont be able to resist. WW is slightly broken but still. If she fights cbm character that is nowhere near as fast as her the result will be inevitable. You think dceu supes would stand any chance on post resurection fight had he not been massively faster than her? dont think so, if they were equals in terms of speed it would be over quick.

Mantis was the only reason the team almost won. He was also able to tag spiderman several times.

Mantis came on the last part and they still managed to trap and hold him down for a while. Also he could escape because he has stones whcih is not present on this thread.

Her speed is honestly not impressive enough to grant her an instant blitz win against an opponent like thanos who can react to her.

Except he has no speed to counter her, she has shown mach 3 level combat speed not reaction but actual combat speed. Thanos has not shown anything even close to that level even with stones. You realise wonder woman has on panel twice as fast speed feats than mcu quicksilver right?

Thanos is physically too dominate for her so much so that this fight should be labeled a stomp.

This has no meaning. Doomsday was massively superior to her and doomsday is massively superior in terms of strenght to anyone thanos has fought. Doomsday is also faster and more durable than them and was dominant in every way against wonder woman, yet she still managed to tag him multiple times, choped of an arm from doomsday who has easly superior durability to anyone on infinity war movie.

Stomp? would be if thanos had atleast couple stones or if she was restricted to sword or speeblitz. With those allowed i dont see why she doesnt use her sword and stab him in the head.

#220 Posted by Transformaa (1078 posts) - - Show Bio

That Thanos fight with Hulk was weak as hell..When he knocked out hulk, Thanos was struggling to lift Hulk to body slam him..WW causully lift tanks easier than Thanos lifting Hulk..

#221 Posted by GXrevs06 (4773 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos got tagged by the likes of Tony, Quill and Spider Man. Diana blitzes and cuts his head off

#222 Posted by Darksercate (893 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanforever: While he was tagged multiple times it was because he was fighting multiple opponents. He was only pierced when distracted. I realize that wonderwoman is faster than the opponents he fought but he still was able to tag Peter pretty consistently.

I know wonderwoman is fast but my argument is that thanos has decent reaction timing. I'm not making the claim that thanos is anywhere close to her combat speed, but I do think he can react to her. I don't think she would be able to blitz thanos.

I also don't like the comparison between thanos and doomsday. Doomsday is near featless, he jobbed and his power levels are inconsistent due to the fact that he was constantly adapting. His strength levels are unknown and so are his speed levels seeing as how he was unable to catch Batman but was reacting to superman. For these reasons and mainly due to DD's short time on screen we don't know if he is as durable as thanos or strong as thanos. There should be no comparison between the two.

#223 Posted by MoTM (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

@motm: Spiderman has nowhere near the speed or reaction timing as Diana? Come off it now lol, she's not superman nowhere even close, like at all. Thanos will not be blitzed by her.

Then present his feats? Yes, he has nowhere close to reaction or speed feats. Diana is far faster lol.

Also I meant her punches and kicks with physical attacks, i understand that her sword can cut him but again, we disagree on the impact her piercing will have on him.

You keep comparing thanos to doomsday but I honestly don't see the comparison. Doomsday was nearly featless, jobbed and had an inconsistent power level because he was constantly adapting. His strength level was unclear but Diana has no strength feats that would suggest that she could even remotely come close to standing toe to toe with thanos nor does she have the durability to say she could tank what he can dish out nor does she have the speed to claim a blitz when Thanos has already shown to be capable of dealing with fast opponents.

Except he still has the best verifiable durability feat in cbms. He also soloed Wonder Woman and Superman. It was clear his strength was beyond BvS Superman who shifted a tectonic plate. She absolutely has the strength feats. She no sold DDs punch and is a casual 30 tonner. Again, she absolutely has the durability to assume she'd tank his punches since she's tanked DDs and Superman's. He was shown to be consistently tagged by fast opponents and he was embarrassed by Nebula who tagged him repeatedly.

I do however admit that she could win, maybe, if she landed a few well placed strikes or stabs, but the likelihood of that happening are very very low in my opinion. I personally think that she would try a blitz, get caught, then thanos would proceede to trash her just like he did with everyone else.

Her margin for error is greater than Thanos. She's faster and arguably as skilled if not more skilled so he won't get a clean hold or hit on her. And as soon as he overextends or makes a mistake, fight over. He gets he head popped off his shoulders or stabbed through the mouth, or the IG cut off his hand like she severed DDs.

I'm very confident Diana wins this.

#224 Posted by Darksercate (893 posts) - - Show Bio

@motm: Are you claiming that in the feat you presented of Diana in the alley could not be replicated by Spiderman? I think spiderman could replicate it to a T if he had her gauntlets.

Diana's speed is questionable due to these reasons, yes she has it but sometimes is reluctant to use It, she's been tagged before by much slower opponents and for the fact that her speed, while impressive, is not impressive enough to blitz thanos.

Wonderwoman being a casual 30 tonner is questionable. She still isn't enough to hang with thanos. Her no selling one DD punch still is not enough to suggest she has the durability to hang with thanos.

Again with nebula thanos was in a constant state of distraction due to the team he was fighting, Her tagging meant nothing to him. Thanos literally no sold an entire team of heroes.

#225 Posted by MoTM (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

@darksercate: Yes that's absolutely what I'm claiming. He wouldn't be able to deflect them, and even if he could do that it's not because of speed it'd be because of his spidey sense. Diana's is pure speed, and she also sees bullets in slow motion like Peter does not.

It's more than enough to blitz Thanos as people with better reaction feats have failed to react to her blitz.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

She's tanked punches from DD and Superman. She has more than enough to tank several punches.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Again, the same cannot be said for Thanos. His piercing resistance is laughable, I have no doubt Diana would cut him like butter, and she would cut him since she's also massively faster in combat.

Diana has better speed in all categories and enough ap to overwhelm his weak piercing resistance.

Wonder Woman blitzes and decapitates.

#226 Posted by Darksercate (893 posts) - - Show Bio

@motm: Are you saying you think spiderman could or couldn't?

Spiderman's spidey sense and agility did not save him from being tagged multiple times by thanos. Not only did spiderman get tagged, but thanos had no problem hitting Peter even while he was moving.

Thanos was unfazed by a whole team trying to kill/harm him. I don't think it would be as easy as you think.

#227 Posted by MoTM (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

@darksercate: I don't know since to my recollection he hasn't performed a feat like that. But if he did it would be through spidey sense and not speed so it's slightly different.

Again, Wonder Woman has better reaction and speed feats than Spider Man. It's not an accurate comparison.

Yes be he was tagged and outmaneuvered by Nebula in H2H. He was pierced by Drax, Nebula and bloodied by Iron Man. All that leads me to believe that someone with a superior weapon and superior speed to Nebula would make him look really bad.

I see Diana winning this clearly.

#228 Posted by Noone1996 (11857 posts) - - Show Bio
#229 Posted by Darksercate (893 posts) - - Show Bio

@motm: I gotcha well I think we'll have to just agree to disagree on this one.

You have made some fair points thanks for the debate

#230 Edited by phillip33 (4274 posts) - - Show Bio

@motm: neither nebula nor drax managed to even scratch thanos, unless you're referring to nebula almost assassinating thanos offscreen, which could mean anything. Diana's sword is not impressive at all honestly. she cut doomsdays arm off, doomsday has one mediocre piercing resistance feat. She couldn't even scratch Steppenwolf's armor, while Aquaman's trident was able to go through it easily.

OT thanos wins this with ease. He is far superior to Diana Physically, has feats of resisting anything that tried to cut/pierce him besides a skyfather level weapon, and has comparable fighting skills. It's not all that close.

#231 Posted by RBT (28528 posts) - - Show Bio

@phillip33: You are complaining about Doosmday's piercing feats being lackluster. What piercing feats do Thanos has that surpasses that of Doomsday's? Or does he not need one?

#232 Posted by MoTM (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

@phillip33: Drax did stab him. She cut into Steppenwolfs armor right before she shattered his axe. Doomsday has massively better durability by feats than Thanos so it's just incorrect to assume she wouldn't be able to cut him, again her sword is magical as well.

You are right it's not close at all though.

Diana makes purple ribbons while naked.

#233 Posted by jashugan (6635 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: thanos nearly got killed by his daughter. Scratched by iron man and stabbed by storm breaker. He really doesn't have better "piercing durability" than doomsday

#234 Edited by phillip33 (4274 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: no selling any piercing attack used against him not named stormbreaker?

in fact, Doomsday has not one feat of resisting a cutting weapon, only getting sliced through like butter.

#235 Edited by phillip33 (4274 posts) - - Show Bio

@motm: lol i guess we didn't watch the same movie, I saw the fight scene twice, and nowhere, did it show drax even scratching thanos with his blades. In fact it showed drax swinging his blades only to glance harmlessly off of thanos. The first time thanos even bled in that entire fight was when ironman BARELY scratched thanos with a full, unrestrained and uninhibited swing fromhis plasma sword. do you have a gif of her cutting through stepps armor? because I saw multiple uninhibited slices from her glancing harmlessly off his armor.

#236 Posted by RBT (28528 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan said:

@rbt: thanos nearly got killed by his daughter. Scratched by iron man and stabbed by storm breaker. He really doesn't have better "piercing durability" than doomsday

The Nebula thing happened off screen, so its unfair to use it against Thanos. For all we know, she could have tried to poison him or something.

Thanos does have some piercing feats like tanking 7.62x51mm rounds, but yeah, Doomsday has better piercing as well as blunt force durability feats.

#237 Posted by RBT (28528 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: no selling any piercing attack used against him not named stormbreaker?

And Doomsday no sold any piercing attack used against him that wasn't inflicted by Diana's sword..

#238 Edited by phillip33 (4274 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: doomsday has 1 Piercing damage feat, against bullets. He has 0 slicing durability feats. Cutting power =/= piercing power. It's the reason for inventions like chain mail and plate armor. And Stormbreaker is far more impressive than Diana's sword for 1. slcing through thanos, who has plenty of piercing/ cutting feats and 2. because of hype.

#239 Posted by buildhare (8714 posts) - - Show Bio

Diana has been tagged by a lot slower than Thanos and physically she is several tiers out of her league here.

Purple man stomps.

#241 Posted by RBT (28528 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: doomsday has 1 Piercing damage feat, against bullets. He has 0 slicing durability feats. It's the reason for inventions like chain mail and plate armor.

When talking about 30mm rounds, bullets barely do them justice.

Cutting power =/= piercing power.

It most certainly is.

#242 Posted by RBT (28528 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

You are complaining about Doosmday's piercing feats being lackluster. What piercing feats do Thanos has that surpasses that of Doomsday's? Or does he not need one?

Joe Russo said his skin is invincible but obviously not since Tony made him bleed. I guess he really scales to Hulk who he is solidly above.

Yeah, he is comfortably above Hulk.

#243 Posted by DanielDaRipper (5530 posts) - - Show Bio

As for the fight Thanos, Diana has never gone untouched and I don't think she can decapitate if we were to scale to Hulk.

#244 Posted by phillip33 (4274 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: it most certainly is not, once again, see my chain mail/plate armor comparison.

#245 Posted by phillip33 (4274 posts) - - Show Bio

it's not like thanos has bad reaction feats either, like reacting to ironman's repulsers, war machines bullets, and loki's point blank surprise stab casually.

#246 Posted by RBT (28528 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: it most certainly is not, once again, see my chain mail/plate armor comparison.

I read it. If you are saying that chain mail can stop a sword but can't stop a bullet and that proves they are different, then its not nearly as simple as that.

#247 Edited by phillip33 (4274 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: no, that's not what I'm saying. If someone were to try to cut at someone wearing chaing mail armor with a spear, it would glance harmlessly off of the chain mail. If that same person tried to thrust the same spear at the chain mail, it would pierce and damage the person inside of the chain mail. If you were to try to cut at plate mail armor with a pole axe, it would glance harmlessly off. If you were to try to trive the spike on the opposite side of the poleaxe into the same armor, it would have much higher chance of breaching and piercing the armor.

Kevlar is another example, but for the opposite. Kevlar will stop a bullet without tearing. A knife cut can at least cause surface level harm to Kevlar.

bottom line is thanos has more piercing and cutting durability feats, and the ones he has are more impressive., especially in the cutting area.

#248 Posted by MoTM (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

@phillip33: So Thanos has better piercing durability than Doomsday because why, you want him to?

Can't picture DD getting bloodied by Iron Man or stabbed by Drax that's for sure.

The fact is he was massively outclassed against Nebula in H2H. If that's Diana and her sword and superior speed, it's over.

Diana makes purple ribbons.

#249 Posted by RBT (28528 posts) - - Show Bio

@phillip33:

no, that's not what I'm saying. If someone were to try to cut at someone wearing chaing mail armor with a spear, it glance harmlessly off of the chain mail. If that same person tried to thrust the same spear at the chain mail, it would pierce and damage the person inside of the chain mail. If you were to try to cut at plate mail armor with a pole axe, it would glance harmlessly off. If you were to try to trive the spike on the opposite side of the poleaxe into the same armor, it would have much higher chance of breaching and piercing the armor.

That's because a spear glancing off of the chain mail would not create nearly as much pressure as a spear being trust with full force on one point. As for the metal plate, if a glace scratches the surface, a stab would most certainly do same.

Kevlar is another example, but for the opposite. Kevlar will stop a bullet without tearing. A knife cut can at least cause surface level harm to Kevlar.'

Kevlar is fabric. Knife slips between threads. Doesn't count.

bottom line is thanos has more piercing and cutting durability feats, and the ones he has are more impressive., especially in the cutting area.

Again, there is no difference between them if we are talking from real life perspective at least.

#250 Posted by phillip33 (4274 posts) - - Show Bio

@motm: No, He has about equal piercing durability, but his cutting resistance is leagues higher than doomsdays because he actually has multiple feats of cutting resistance, pretty impressive ones at that, while doomsday has a grand total of 0 cutting resistance feats. and cutting =/= piercing.

Once again drax never stabbed him, evinced by the fact that a full forced and uninhibited swing from ironman's plasma blade only manage to get a drop of blood from thanos. This is clear that this is the first drop of blood that came from thanos the entire fight, because he said "all of that for a drop of blood"

When was thanos massively outclassed in h2h against gamora? Thanos was actually pretty proficient in hand to hand combat, from casually outmaneuvering and outskilling hulk and ironman.

Diana gets turned into black and blue mulch and there's nothing your false narratives can change about that.