Avatar image for deactivated-5bdcbb8da1d15
#101 Posted by deactivated-5bdcbb8da1d15 (5093 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan said:

Diana will win. Thanos had trouble keeping up with Spiderman. He also almost got killed by his daughter who fights with knives. Diana has the feats to cut or stab thanos. Thanos will be unable to one-shot or even kill her unless he constantly pounds her with punches.

First of all Thanos only struggled against Spider-Man due to the portals created by Doctor Strange which allows nigh instantaneous travel. Second, Diana has impressive reactions eped butlacks the combat speed to contend with Thanos, who speed blitzed Hulk, who in turn blitzed someone who can casually react to an RPG.

#102 Edited by Erkan12 (8435 posts) - - Show Bio
#103 Posted by deactivated-5bdcbb8da1d15 (5093 posts) - - Show Bio

@caesar16: I wouldn't underestimate IW Iron Man. He is clearly more powerful than the Hulkbuster which took out the Hulk and yet a full power IW Iron man punch only caused a mere scratch on Thanos.

#104 Posted by jashugan (6640 posts) - - Show Bio

@gearsecond659: "nigh instantaneous" don't use words you don't know what they mean.

"Speed blitz" I didn't know getting punched and regen use superior strength and skill is a speed blitz

How does any of this stop Diana from killing thanos when the inferior nebula almost did?

#105 Posted by Noone1996 (11865 posts) - - Show Bio
#106 Posted by TonyMartial (9806 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm confused how are people saying Thanos one shots when Diana smiled after a punch from Doomsday?

#107 Posted by Gracetrack (4682 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman beats a base Thanos 8-9/10. Primarily thanks to her sword and lasso, but she's also leagues faster than he is.

#108 Posted by KanyeCosby (7190 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos was total trash in that movie. His best feat is beating Hulk while he had the power gem. All of his other feats consist of struggling with some of the low level Avengers with multiple infinity stones.

#109 Edited by MoTM (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman one shots.

Avatar image for supermanforever
#110 Posted by Supermanforever (8541 posts) - - Show Bio

base thanos gets blitzed

Avatar image for supermanforever
#111 Posted by Supermanforever (8541 posts) - - Show Bio
#112 Posted by incursion2 (2101 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone help me with this...

Comicvine: Base Thanos stomps Steppenwolf

Also Comicvine: Diana blitzes and de-caps Base Thanos

But Diana couldn't beat Steppenwolf in JL

?????

#113 Posted by deactivated-5bdcbb8da1d15 (5093 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan said:

@gearsecond659: "nigh instantaneous" don't use words you don't know what they mean.

Thanks for the insults. Keep them coming... For your information I know what it means it allows for nigh instantaneous travel because you can literally travel across the world in the span of a second.

"Speed blitz" I didn't know getting punched and regen use superior strength and skill is a speed blitz

No, Thanos attacked Hulk so fast that he couldn't react. That is the definition of a speed blitz.

How does any of this stop Diana from killing thanos when the inferior nebula almost did?

Don't lowball Thanos like that... Thanos was literally just standing still while Nebula continued her onslaught before backhanding her. This exemplifies that he put in little to no effort because he knew that Nebula couldn't hurt him. I mean it doesn't make sense for Nebula to be able to blitz Thanos if Thanos blitzed the much faster Hulk.

#114 Posted by jashugan (6640 posts) - - Show Bio

@gearsecond659: I'm insulting you by saying you don't know what you're saying? What you described isn't "nigh instantaneous"

Thanos beat hulk by overpowering him. That's not a speed blitz.

Stop using the word blitz. Thanos said nebula almost killed him. Hulk isn't fast.

#115 Posted by deactivated-5bdcbb8da1d15 (5093 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan said:

@gearsecond659: I'm insulting you by saying you don't know what you're saying? What you described isn't "nigh instantaneous"

Then please enlighten me as to what "nigh instantaneous" is my friend

Thanos beat hulk by overpowering him. That's not a speed blitz

OMG. Thanos literally blitzed Hulk hitting him multiple times in rapid succession before Hulk could even react. That is a speed blitz.

Stop using the word blitz. Thanos said nebula almost killed him. Hulk isn't fast.

He said Nebula almost killed him, but we don't know the circumstances. Nebula could have snuck up on him. And Hulk is fast as he blitzed an opponent who could casually react to RPGs.

#116 Posted by jashugan (6640 posts) - - Show Bio

@gearsecond659: I'm not here to give you definitions on thing's you don't know.

So any time a boxer hits without getting hit, it's a blitz? Wow.

"Casually " wow, another buzzword. We know nebula fights with knives. She could've or couldn't

#117 Posted by deactivated-5bdcbb8da1d15 (5093 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan said:

@gearsecond659: I'm not here to give you definitions on thing's you don't know.

Sounds like someone doesn't know what "night instantaneous" means lol

So any time a boxer hits without getting hit, it's a blitz? Wow.

That is such a misquote.

"Casually " wow, another buzzword. We know nebula fights with knives. She could've or couldn't

Except if you had bothered to check the feat you would know that he pretty casually knocked away a RPG. And just because Nebula fights with knives doesn't mean we can assume that she didn't employ another tactic when attempting to assassinate someone leagues more powerful than her.

#118 Posted by Lunacyde (28253 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos has basically no feats without the gauntlet.

#119 Posted by Wakel (827 posts) - - Show Bio

People say Hulk beats WW. But Thanos, who stomped Hulk, can't beat her?

#120 Posted by MUVDCU (978 posts) - - Show Bio

@thunderprince: If he lands them it would definitely hurt her. The thing is he's still too slow and it's not like she's inferior to him in combat like Hulk was. She's as skilled at worst or more skilled at best and has gear to block and counter and hurt him all while he struggles to tag her. She's definitely got a speed advantage. At no point in time did Thanos operate at DD speed. Also hitting people crazy far is very indicative of how hard the hit was.

That means if you smack someone and hit them with the hardest hit ever the force isn't just gonna make them stay there they get thrown off crazy far.

Like with Juggernaut getting punched out of the country by Onslaught.

The distance at which you launch someone is definitely a huge indicator of striking as your single blow did that. Yes they don't always hit people thousands of feet away in comics but that's mostly because they don't want to draw that all the time. But realistically how hard Hulk and Thanos hit people in comics would put them through a generous portion of the earth's crust. Also sometimes they hit people so hard that the person throwing the punch would actually almost launch themselves into space.

They don't do actual physical action/reactions in comics. Otherwise it would just look silly.

#121 Posted by Lunacyde (28253 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos had the Power Gem when he fought the Hulk....context people.

#122 Posted by RR79 (6761 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos beating Hulk so bad Hulk was afraid to come out for the rest of the movie, in seconds, without using a single gem, is more than enough to say Thanos would beat Diana without any gems.

#123 Posted by MoTM (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

@wakel said:

No one says that.

#124 Posted by RR79 (6761 posts) - - Show Bio

@wakel said:

Should proabably ignore MotM. Yes, Hulk beats Diana and many people agree about it.

#125 Edited by jashugan (6640 posts) - - Show Bio

@gearsecond659: you're the one that thinks strange opening portals is "nigh instantaneous"

You said thanos hitting hulk in rapid succession when if you've seen the fight, isn't very fast. This isn't a speed blitz.

Loading Video...

You're assuming thanos with no gauntlet is leagues above nebula. If nebula came with all that other crap you think, thanos would've mentioned it

@lunacyde:the power gem didn't glow when thanos beat hulk. Every stone glows when being used.

#126 Posted by Lunacyde (28253 posts) - - Show Bio

@rr79: Thanos had the power Gem at that point. Hulk appeared downgraded in IW. His fights in Avengers, AoU, and Ragnarok for example he took a lot harder hits than he did against Thanos, but somehow he was given PTSD by the Thanos fight? It makes no sense.

#127 Posted by reikai (7477 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan: Thanos has no need to mention the little details of how Nebula tried to kill him, only that she got close to doing so. And considering that the Black Order are all off of Thanos' ship and doing their jobs, it's easy to see how she could've infiltrated without much effort. But it doesn't change the fact that she failed and Thanos wasn't even scratched.

Nebula is also someone else trained by Thanos and is 2nd only to Gamora in terms of lethal skill. Which makes her pretty damn dangerous. In the end it doesn't matter. Diana doesn't come close to being a threat to Thanos and she got tooled by Steppenwolf, who in turn, isn't even a threat to Thanos.

#128 Posted by RR79 (6761 posts) - - Show Bio

@lunacyde said:

@rr79: Thanos had the power Gem at that point. Hulk appeared downgraded in IW. His fights in Avengers, AoU, and Ragnarok for example he took a lot harder hits than he did against Thanos, but somehow he was given PTSD by the Thanos fight? It makes no sense.

Having the gem doesn't equate to using the gem. And the distance someone is sent flying isn't always the way to judge the strength of a punch. It is one way, but, especially when they are on a space ship, it would be a little crazy to have him sent flying that far. Has he taken hits that sent him flying much farther? Absolutely. But again, that isn't always the way to tell how powerful a hit is. Take the fact that he has taken those hits, and couple it with the fact that Thanos beat him so bad, in seconds, that he was afraid to come back out, and you see that Thanos is meant to be much more powerful than Hulk in the movie.

#129 Posted by ANTHP2000 (27943 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Diana.

#130 Posted by jashugan (6640 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: you don't know if thanos got scratched or even when nebula tried killing him. Thanos himself said she came close.

Are you implying that Gamora and nebula are better fighters than Diana? We've seen thanos fight without the gems, it's nothing that Diana couldn't handle.

#131 Posted by deactivated-5bdcbb8da1d15 (5093 posts) - - Show Bio
@jashugan said:

@gearsecond659: you're the one that thinks strange opening portals is "nigh instantaneous"

Do you enjoy misquoting people my dude? lol. I said that going through the portals has a nigh instantaneous travel speed. So if you move through the portal, you care essentially moving at nigh instantaneous speeds.

You said thanos hitting hulk in rapid succession when if you've seen the fight, isn't very fast. This isn't a speed blitz.

It doesn't change the fact that he was blitzing Hulk

Loading Video...

You're assuming thanos with no gauntlet is leagues above nebula. If nebula came with all that other crap you think, thanos would've mentioned it

Thanos is stronger than Hulk, and Hulk is stronger than Nebula.

@lunacyde:the power gem didn't glow when thanos beat hulk. Every stone glows when being used.

Your point?

#132 Posted by reikai (7477 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan: They are better fighters than Diana. You're going to imply the same ridiculous thought process as every other DC supporter; She's an Amazon so she's better trained. Blah blah blah, it never meant crap. What sounds better; strongest of the amazons or most dangerous woman in the galaxy? Cause I'll take the most dangerous woman in the galaxy.

Thanos also solidly beat Thor and the other Asgardians. And as the Maw said when Hulk attacked, Thanos was just having his fun. None of that hardly required effort for him. You have nothing to fall back on.

#133 Posted by jashugan (6640 posts) - - Show Bio

@gearsecond659: nebula came closer to killing thanos than hulk did. Nebula doesn't need the same physical strength as hulk.

Those portals don't have speed at all. What you're talking about is jumping through portals not speed at all.

That video is not blitzing at all. Just a superior skilled fighter winning a fight.

Thanos didn't beat hulk with the power gem, that was a response to lunacyde

#134 Edited by jashugan (6640 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: thanos required effort beating hulk. Having fun can also take effort.

Why are they better fighters than Diana? What can they do that Diana can't? Am I supposed to take that crap statement? What sounds more impressive, a god killer or thanos cyborg daughter? Cause ill take the god killer.

#135 Edited by Lunacyde (28253 posts) - - Show Bio

@rr79: For all we know it passively buffs the strength and durability of the wielder. That is how it worked for Ronan. It only glowed purple when Thanos was using it to project energy blasts, but we know that buffing strength and durability is one of it's main functions.

You can't hit something hard enough to send it flying without sending it flying, that is ridiculous. The distance moved by an object punched is a direct product of the energy put into the strike. Face it, Hulk was weakened because plot.

#136 Edited by reikai (7477 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan: Nowhere in the movie did to show that he was using much effort to deal with the Hulk. That is merely your assumption and nothing more.

And am I to take that crap statement that Diana is automatically better because reasons? Also, Thanos is a God-Killer too. He killed quite a few of them actually. Diana being a "god-killer" was literally just Plot and it didn't mean crap against Steppenwolf. Gamora, on the other hand, earned her title thanks to Thanos' tutelage, with Nebula not far behind her.

And that's the big difference there. Marvels characters have earned it while DC's are just yakked about. No world building. No substance at all.

#137 Edited by RR79 (6761 posts) - - Show Bio

@lunacyde said:

@rr79: For all we know it passively buffs the strength and durability of the wielder. That is how it worked for Ronan. It only glowed purple when Thanos was using it to project energy blasts, but we know that buffing strength and durability is one of it's main functions.

You can't hit something hard enough to send it flying without sending it flying, that is ridiculous. The distance moved by an object punched is a direct product of the energy put into the strike. Face it, Hulk was weakened because plot.

We very clearly see what happens when he uses the stones. There isn't even a hint that it passively does anything for Thanos. Remember, Ronan did not have the infinity gauntlet either.

And again, this is a movie. In movies and in comics, yes, you absolutely can hit people hard enough to send them flying without actually sending them flying. It's been done literally thousands of times in comics and many times in movies as well. There is zero evidence to support your idea that Hulk was weakened.

#138 Posted by Lunacyde (28253 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: So you're implying Gamora would beat Diana 1 v. 1?

#139 Edited by jashugan (6640 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: the grunting and facial expressions is a good enough example that he's using some effort. I even posted said video above. Why this matters, is beyond me. Both what hulk & Thanos showed in their fight wasn't even close to what Doomsday did, and diana fared very well against Doomsday.

Asgardians aren't gods. Steppenwolf is a new god or maybe an old god. And I'm sure you will show examples of why Nebula is a better fighter and/or more skilled than Diana.

I personally don't give a shit about world building or "substance" here, because we're arguing about base thanos vs Wonder Woman, not if MCU is better than DCEU. Lol, at using Nebula of all people as an example of earning something. A character with very few showings across 18 movies that has barely done anything.

@lunacyde said:

@reikai: So you're implying Gamora would beat Diana 1 v. 1?

I'm almost sure that's what he's implying but doesn't want to outright say it because of how nonesensical it sounds. Thanos himself says Nebula almost killed him, and Nebula hasn't showed anything to put her on Diana's level.

@rr79: "This is a movie", is a bad argument.

#140 Edited by Lunacyde (28253 posts) - - Show Bio

@rr79: There is no evidence to suggest that is his natural strength and durability without the gauntlet and stones. We know for sure that the power stone amps the durability and strength of the wearer, but it never shows the stone glowing simply to amp his strength or durability in the film. Therefore we can assume it passively amps the wielder. Exactly why a brilliant tactician like Thanos would go after it first, allowing him to overpower the Asgardians and subsequently the other heroes as he attained more stones.

None of this is particularly relevant though since we've seen that bladed weapons can hurt Thanos and Diana is just as skilled as Nebula/Gamora, as well as much faster and stronger. Diana isn't going to fight like Hulk fights.

There is no more evidence for your theory than mine.

#141 Posted by RR79 (6761 posts) - - Show Bio

@lunacyde said:

@rr79: There is no evidence to suggest that is his natural strength and durability without the gauntlet and stones. We know for sure that the power stone amps the durability and strength of the wearer, but it never shows the stone glowing simply to amp his strength or durability in the film. Therefore we can assume it passively amps the wielder. Exactly why a brilliant tactician like Thanos would go after it first, allowing him to overpower the Asgardians and subsequently the other heroes as he attained more stones.

There is no more evidence for your theory than mine.

Nothing you said in your first three sentences is true. We know when he uses the stones they glow. We know that even when Ronan used the power stone it was glowing. There is plenty of evidence to show he wasn't using the stone at all when fighting Hulk. There is absolutely zero evidence to support him using the stone when fighting Hulk. At this point we may have to agree to disagree because you are spouting nonsense and I am too tired to deal with it.

#142 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (4944 posts) - - Show Bio

In all honesty the guy who beat the piss out of Hulk and Thor would win.

#143 Posted by reikai (7477 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan: And what DD did doesn't measure up to Hulk slugging a Leviathan.

Loading Video...

You fail to understand that Collateral Damage =/= crap here. Hulk brought that thing to a stop. With one punch. Yet Hulk with all of his strength was completely overpowered by Thanos. The amount of collateral doesn't mean anything next to that fact. These things can all smash through and topple buildings likes Supes and Zod and Doomsday and Hulk. And Thanos still overpowered him easily and stone cold dropped him in a matter of seconds.

@lunacyde said:

@rr79: There is no evidence to suggest that is his natural strength and durability without the gauntlet and stones. We know for sure that the power stone amps the durability and strength of the wearer

Wrong. That's only true for the Comics. Not the movies. It's never been indicated to work that way in the MCU. The gems always need to be activated for their power to be used. It was shown that way every single time by Strange, Vision and even Thanos. They don't prove base amps.

#144 Posted by Gracetrack (4682 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_shazam0920: Except that Wonder Woman would probably also beat MCU Hulk and Thor handily based on feats.

#145 Posted by Lunacyde (28253 posts) - - Show Bio

@rr79: So you believe Thanos can thrash Hulk like he's never been thrashed before, but Captain America can hold him back for a few seconds, and characters like Spider-Man, Drax, Iron Man, and Star Lord can hold him back without getting ragdolled?

#146 Posted by jashugan (6640 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai:

Loading Video...

Let me guess, every single punch Hulk threw at Thanos in his fight, is the same punch he threw to stop the leviathan? It seems to be that you are one that lacks scrutiny. It's very obvious that I'm not arguing for collateral damage. You will very much have to prove that every punch Hulk threw at Thanos here was at the level of the punch he threw to stop the leviathan. Not only that, you'd have to prove why said punches didn't even destroy the space ship when Hulk started smashing Thanos into it.

You'll also need evidence that somehow, Nebula is a better fighter than Diana. So far you've been having some pretty bad points. First off, with the whole "gamora is the most dangerous woman in the universe" which means absolutely nothing in a battle.

#147 Posted by RR79 (6761 posts) - - Show Bio

@lunacyde said:

@rr79: So you believe Thanos can thrash Hulk like he's never been thrashed before, but Captain America can hold him back for a few seconds, and characters like Spider-Man, Drax, Iron Man, and Star Lord can hold him back without getting ragdolled?

If Thanos had actually been trying, Cap absolutely could not hold him back for a few seconds. You can clearly see Thanos isn't trying with Cap. The ONLY time they ever held him back was when Mantis had him in her empathic ability and he wasn't trying to break free because of that.

#148 Posted by The_Kidd (12195 posts) - - Show Bio

Diana either 1,2 shotted or she abuses her speed and cut Thanos apart. Almost no middle ground.

Someone help me with this...

Comicvine: Base Thanos stomps Steppenwolf

Also Comicvine: Diana blitzes and de-caps Base Thanos

But Diana couldn't beat Steppenwolf in JL

?????

Thanos not close to Steppenwolf in term of speed/reaction time also Steppenwolf Axe was a good counter to Diana's gear.

#149 Posted by RR79 (6761 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashugan said:

@rr79: "This is a movie", is a bad argument.

I guess it's a good thing that wasn't my argument. Reading comprehension really helps in debates. Try again:

And again, this is a movie. In movies and in comics, yes, you absolutely can hit people hard enough to send them flying without actually sending them flying. It's been done literally thousands of times in comics and many times in movies as well. There is zero evidence to support your idea that Hulk was weakened.

Notice, the argument is that it has been done literally thousands of times and once again here.

#150 Posted by Lunacyde (28253 posts) - - Show Bio

@rr79: Wrong, they were holding his arms before Mantis got onto him. She was the last one in the plan. She bought them a lot more time, but they held him before she was added in. With his level of strength you are implying he should have ragdolled them immediately.

And why exactly would he hold back against Cap? He was at the culmination of the goal he had been working on for years. It makes absolutely no sense for him to hold back.