Barry Allen vs Wally West

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@yctatotb: Wally's not around "nowadays". Allen doesn't have the feats to match West. Wally's got faster reaction feats. He's got the speed steal. He's plain faster. Wally's the more impressive flash featwise. He circumnavigated the universe hunting down the Spectre, he beat instantaneous teleportation across the universe, he's stolen speed from sub atomic particles and entire planets. He's stolen speed from other Flashes. He's escaped black holes. Everything Barry can do, Wally can do better. Wally has done better. @Dredeuced has all the scans of Wally you could ever desire and he's 1 of the 2 resident Flash experts, (the other being @Zoom) both acknowledging Wally West is > Barry Allen feat wise.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/barry-allen-vs-bart-allen-vs-wally-west-563270/

http://www.comicvine.com/flash/4005-2354/forums/wally-west-vs-barry-allen-21832/

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/flash-wally-west-dcu-vs-flash-barry-allen-dcnu-639576/

Wally wins. He's both faster and more powerful than Barry. It's conclusive.

EDIT: you might be gettin Barry mixed up with Bart, who is the only Flash to my knowledge to create "speed force avatars" or clones as you call them. Barry has and can not (not that I've ever heard of). In any even. Wally's > Bart > Barry speed wise anyways, powerwise it's Wally > Barry > Bart.

He's simply the most powerful overall in every category.

batnorris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know much about either so I'll just say wally west because I like the name better.

Wally wally, is the best!

What's his name? Wally west!

Everyone else is just a test!

Runs a couple light years then needs his rest!

Spices his meat with lemon zest!!

Who is he? Wally west!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53 the_stegman  Moderator

I like Barry more, but Wally would win.

DeathSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

barry wins

*runs away after fanboy answer*

SuperTony101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't Barry AND Bart out run wally while trying to stop some destruction?

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Dredeuced

Didn't Barry AND Bart out run wally while trying to stop some destruction?

In the cartoon, yes. In the comics, Wally is significantly faster and more versatile than either of them.

gian_ibarra_52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By gian_ibarra_52

Barry Allen is the best flash both DC and marvel agree . Barry is the speedforce and with every step he takes it gets stronger and Wally west died as flash because he couldn't handle the speedforce. He should just stick to being kid flash . Before Bart out runs him

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

@gian_ibarra_52 said:

Barry Allen is the best flash both DC and marvel agree . Barry is the speedforce and with every step he takes it gets stronger and Wally west died as flash because he couldn't handle the speedforce. He should just stick to being kid flash . Before Bart out runs him

'Nuff said. Wally is the better Flash.

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Rijehu

Barry Allen is the fastest, Wally West has better feats..from what I have heard.

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu said:

Barry Allen is the fastest, Wally West has better feats..from what I have heard.

No, no, wally is the fastest, and has better feats.

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu said:

And there goes another claim wiping away my previous one lol

NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu said:

@nick31898 said:

@rijehu said:

Haha

Stupid_People

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu said:

...How does that even work?

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu said:

@nick31898 said:

@rijehu said:

Haha

Where do the Flash's rank in order? In the Young Justice series, Kid Flash was slower that Barry and the Younger flash.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wally

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Rijehu

@stupid_people said:

@rijehu said:

...How does that even work?

If it were true, apparently Barry Allen would accelerate at speeds that exceed those reached by Wally, but Wally has done more with the speed he uses I guess?

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wally

Stupid_People

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Stupid_People
NICK31898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By NICK31898

@rijehu said:

@nick31898 said:

@rijehu said:

@nick31898 said:

@rijehu said:

Haha

Where do the Flash's rank in order? In the Young Justice series, Kid Flash was slower that Barry and the Younger flash.

I'm just pretty sure Wally has shown better feats. over time.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu: Actually on paper Bart Allen is the fastest but by feats it's Wally

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Rijehu

@rijehu: What gives you that idea?

Nothing, it was something I heard, which is why I said "IF it were true" lol

Rijehu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Rijehu
Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Dratini1331

@gian_ibarra_52 said:

Not only is Wally better at using the speed force, but Barry outright admits Wally is faster. Bart is supposedly the fastest Flash, but Wally has the best feats of speed by massive, massive leaps. Wally is also the most skilled flash outside of intangibility.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rijehu said:

@nick31898 said:

@rijehu said:

@nick31898 said:

@rijehu said:

Haha

By statement:

1. Bart
  2. Wally
  3. Barry
  4. Jay

by feats:

1. Wally
  2. Barry
  3. Bart
  4. Jay

though I could make a case for Bart being second fastest considering he whooped Zolomon.

YJ had wally as slower, while the comics have him as equal or faster. Comics are the source material, so they gain priority.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Dredeuced

Bart was only the supposedly fastest Flash for a very, very short run. Then he lost his powers and died.

Bart had absorbed the speed of Barry, Wally, and Max Mercury when he went back to warn people about Prime, which is why he should've been the fastest. Never did anything with it, though. Even got decked by some slow ass Darkseid mook.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Flash wins

Avatar image for deactivated-5a6e810ada7dc
deactivated-5a6e810ada7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well isn't Barry the literally generator of the speed force? the other speedsters are conduits but Barry literally creates speed force. That's the only real difference between them considering whoever is the main flash is the fastest/best flash at the time and (theoretically or arguably or whatever) can do just about whatever any other flash can do. Ultimately the deciding factor would be that Barry basically is the source of the speed force and Wally is a conduit of it. This means that even if every flash can't do what another flash can (like i implied before) Barry can probably do anything another Flash can do even if he just hasn't tapped into that ability or had to preformed that feat because he is essentially the speed force. Therefore Barry could defeat Wally if they came at each other at 100%

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wally

KalelOfSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wally West

Thanosmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wally

HULKANGRY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wally West

konkaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry people but Barry Allen is the fastest flash alive based on the fact that he can run faster than thought which basically means the fastest thing alive

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HULKANGRY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wally West wins.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dreduced said so and Wally wins.

L. D.

Redblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You all saw Justice League and you say Wally is the fastest Flash but he s not.I see that nobody is pointing out that in young justice he was the slowest flash so stop being haters of Barry!!He is the true Flash.

Redblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

" Wally is the fastest of all the Flashes perhaps rivaled only by his mentor, Barry Allen."

lettsplay10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Bloodlusted as hell yeah the multiverse would be ruined

Redblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

" Barry Allen is the very source and creator of the Speed Force,and generates it with every step he takes. For this very reason, he is unaffected if any other speedster tries to steal or drain his speed."

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redblock said:

You all saw Justice League and you say Wally is the fastest Flash but he s not.I see that nobody is pointing out that in young justice he was the slowest flash so stop being haters of Barry!!He is the true Flash.

Young Justice is not an animated series and pretty much every character is nerfed. It also takes place in Earth-16, so who's faster there is irrelevant since they aren't the characters in this thread.

There's a large difference between Wally West as Flash an as Kid Flash. As KF, Comics Wally was only faster than light. As the actual Flash, Wally West was capable of pacing Zeta Beams, speed stealing, and basically made Flash the monster he is regarded as now. Barry is represented as on par with Thawne, who Wally repeatedly beats.

Pre52 adult Wally beats out Barry in every way. It's not about being haters, it's about actually knowing the characters and reading the comics. Animated shows are not even remotely relevant compared to the comic source materials.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Dredeuced

@redblock said:

" Barry Allen is the very source and creator of the Speed Force,and generates it with every step he takes. For this very reason, he is unaffected if any other speedster tries to steal or drain his speed."

Barry literally had his speed taken from him after Rebirth by Hot Pursuit. Cobalt Blue took away Barry's Speed during Chain Lightning. Thawne who, like Barry, generates his own Negative Speed Force had his speed taken from him by a machine. This point has outright been proven false twice. This idea you're purporting is a fiction born from ignorance.

Even if it were true, Wally is still a much more powerful user of the Speed Force. Barry lacks in anything resembling a comparative feat. Wally doesn't need speed steal to beat Barry, he is faster and punches harder. That's really all it comes down to since they otherwise match each other's versatility with the powers (ignoring a few weird powers that probably wouldn't be useful in this fight for Wally like speed lend and construct creation).

@redblock said:

This is a thread about the comics, not the cartoon. The Justice League cartoon was only Wally. Young Justice Wally is the slowest of the group, but A: He was Kid Flash, not The Flash yet and B: ...we're talking about the comics, not the cartoon.

This has nothing to do with people hating Barry.

@redblock said:

" Wally is the fastest of all the Flashes perhaps rivaled only by his mentor, Barry Allen."

"Perhaps" indeed. This isn't really a point, though. Barry never showed he was capable of the same things Wally was even if he has all the potential in the world for it.

Avatar image for mattydavehalpeo
MattyDaveHalPeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think a lot of us love both. I like Jay more than both, but that's besides the point. The question doesn't specify which age of comics, making the question more difficult. New 52 (basically) doesn't have a Wally, so presently you'd have to say Barry wins. I think 'classic' Wally had the psychological barrier for a long time meaning he couldn't match Barry. Then was the whole thing about him surpassing Barry.

I think it's like when Flash races Superman and holds back, Barry would've held back in other situations as to not shame Wally, as Barry IS the speed force. Any suggestion that Wally can better control the speed force says more about the pschology of the characters than their physical ability. Physically imho Barry wins in the scenario given.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think a lot of us love both. I like Jay more than both, but that's besides the point. The question doesn't specify which age of comics, making the question more difficult. New 52 (basically) doesn't have a Wally, so presently you'd have to say Barry wins. I think 'classic' Wally had the psychological barrier for a long time meaning he couldn't match Barry. Then was the whole thing about him surpassing Barry.

I think it's like when Flash races Superman and holds back, Barry would've held back in other situations as to not shame Wally, as Barry IS the speed force. Any suggestion that Wally can better control the speed force says more about the pschology of the characters than their physical ability. Physically imho Barry wins in the scenario given.

If there is no version specified, you use the most recent versions, i.e. Pre-52 for Wally at the time of this thread's creation.

Pre52 Wally held back for a little while as to not overshadow Barry, as he felt like that would then mean the true death of Barry Allen. Thawne said he would replace Barry, and Wally made Thawne eat pavement and surpassed Barry. Barry Later admits that Wally is faster while talking the GA and someone else (who escapes me at the moment) around 2000.

Barry can BE the speed force all he wants, it doesn't mean Wally doesn't punch his teeth down his throat. Wally is vastly superior in almost every regard and regularly whoops thawne. Wally has better feats across the board, and has had to help Barry manage the speed force on a few separate occasions. Just because you made your martial art doesn't mean you're the best at it either, why would barry making the speed force make him the best by default?

Save intangibility, Wally outclasses Barry in any power the two share. Wally is faster, tougher, arguably a better fighter, and hits harder. Wally has fought tougher foes than Barry and been through many of the feats barry has ad one upped him. Any statement that Barry is somehow better pre-52 is completely hollow. Bart is technically the overall fastest by statements, but no one is talking about that. Wally would kill Barry based on their compared feats. N52 Barry isn't even in the same dimension of speed as Wally.

Avatar image for mattydavehalpeo
MattyDaveHalPeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dratini1331: The speed force existed throughought time because didn't Max Mercury use it and that's why he was quicker than Jonny Quick and Jay Garrick? From how I understood it, Barry didn't create the speedforce, but become the embodiment of it. That'd mean Wally got his powers from Barry in a weird way, and therefore Barry would by default beat him.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Dredeuced

@mattydavehalpeo said:

@dratini1331: The speed force existed throughought time because didn't Max Mercury use it and that's why he was quicker than Jonny Quick and Jay Garrick? From how I understood it, Barry didn't create the speedforce, but become the embodiment of it. That'd mean Wally got his powers from Barry in a weird way, and therefore Barry would by default beat him.

No. That was a retcon. The original Max Mercury/Quicksilver never had the Speed Force mentioned until it was brought up in Wally's story. That'd be like saying Jay or Johnny "Always" had the Speed Force as an explanation for their powers. Johnny was as magic formula and Jay was just a dude who inhaled hard water fumes. It was all retconned at the same time with the post-Terminal Velocity Flash.

Barry did create the Speed Force, atleast for that 2 year period before Flashpoint. Wally did get his powers from Barry, but they established that before Rebirth, anyhow (during Born to Run). The concept isn't new.

Getting your powers from someone doesn't mean they would beat you. You could just be better with your powers than they are. Wally is better with his powers than Barry is.

The whole "Barry held back to not shame Wally" thing makes absolutely no sense. Barry and Wally barely had any interaction after Rebirth, and before Rebirth Barry didn't know he was the creator of the Speed Force. The fact that Wally can use the Speed Force better isn't a matter of psychology, it's a matter of experience. Wally had several years with knowledge that the Speed Force existed and that he could tap more into it. Barry had far less time so did far less with it. For most of Barry's career he just thought he had weird superspeed powers.

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By feats Wally is faster, but I find Barry potentially more faster(to the point he stomps every fight)and I just like Barry a little more.