#2 Edited by AzureAmaterasu (358 posts) - - Show Bio

Bit late but I'm way more confident that Barris would win.

#3 Posted by Discipulus (684 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Barriss in a close fight.

#4 Posted by RGR (403 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by AzureAmaterasu (358 posts) - - Show Bio
@rgr said:

@azureamaterasu, @discipulus: That might very well be the case, she did put up an impressive fight against Anakin.

Only thing which is ambiguous is the force where my gut feeling is telling me to go with Adi Gallia; I can't remember if Barriss used any force in her fight against Anakin. P.S Why is Adi Gallia so short compared to the movie version i'm totally confused by this.

#6 Posted by Discipulus (684 posts) - - Show Bio

@rgr: It's quite hard to compare Barriss and Adi Gallia's main combat feats: Anakin was holding back, whereas Savage was clearly out to kill. Savage probably could've made short work of Barriss, and Adi Gallia could give the impression of pressing Anakin if he was committed to not harming or killing her. I think it's more useful to use Barriss' feats against Ahsoka (when she was in disguise as Ventress), as it seemed to be a more conventional fight. I don't think Adi Gallia could press TCW-prime Ahsoka in the way that Barriss did, given Ahsoka's previous performances against the likes of Grievous and Pre Vizsla.

#7 Posted by mastercilghal (282 posts) - - Show Bio

Barris Is just better. Her fight with Anakin says it all.

#8 Posted by EmmaFrostXmen (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

Barris holding off Anakin is more impressive than Gallia’s feats

#9 Edited by AzureAmaterasu (358 posts) - - Show Bio

@discipulus: You might have a point about him holding back, still she showed a lot of aggression and manuevrebility while Adi Gallia perhaps isn't as physically strong.

#10 Posted by noah_ouellette (3655 posts) - - Show Bio

Anakin toyed with Barris let’s be real.

Galla.

#11 Posted by RGR (403 posts) - - Show Bio

@noah_ouellette: It's arguable he didn't have lethal intent, but it's not like he was having an easy time:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#12 Edited by Lord_Tenebrous (1997 posts) - - Show Bio

Gallia has greater hype and superior accolades. Moreover she has traded ground with General Grievous and stalemated him too. She was holding the edge over Savage Opress who by virtue of PIS can contend with TCW Kenobi + Anakin. This is more impressive than DS Barriss barely holding her own against a holding-back TCW Anakin who had her on the run.

#13 Posted by Lord_Tenebrous (1997 posts) - - Show Bio

@rgr:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Kgg1DgnDSPqvF4857

^^ Gallia forces back General Grievous. And there was more footage of their duel not included there, plus more that happened off-screen.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ueJVh1X6RX6DC6PRA

^^ Gallia stonewalls Grievous and lands a kick to his face. Also not including more footage of the duel.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cxUUs1HXb4oDDx7L7

^^ Gallia dodges a boatload of Savage's attacks, most of them in a row in fact, before landing a kick to his leg. This too is not including the rest of the duel wherein she manages to dodge another blow and also stonewall him again for a good amount of time.

#14 Posted by RGR (403 posts) - - Show Bio

Gallia has greater hype and superior accolades. Moreover she has traded ground with General Grievous and stalemated him too. She was holding the edge over Savage Opress who by virtue of PIS can contend with TCW Kenobi + Anakin. This is more impressive than DS Barriss barely holding her own against a holding-back TCW Anakin who had her on the run.

Interesting, so you think she was doing better than Opress? Tbf I wouldn't rule out that the kick she landed on him would've been effective against most less sturdy opponents.

#15 Posted by Lord_Tenebrous (1997 posts) - - Show Bio

@rgr:

I actually do. She was giving little if any ground to him in the first portion of the duel, and when she leapt for the lower ground, she dodged blows and slowed his advance twice. His managing to back her away can be attributed to overwhelming strength. Later on she dodges a plethora of other strikes and kicks him. He only breaks her guard when she is in the air. So really, she held the edge in that fight.