Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Joewell911

lol

but the baraka migt win cuz he's got range, and stronger claws. his fighting is on par with worverine and he as the spark blast.

XImpossibruX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By XImpossibruX

@cw2323 said:

baraka:I will kill you mortal of earth realm

logan:what you say bub

5 seconds later

shang tsun: fatality wolverine wins

I wouldn't be surprised if this actually happened.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By Erik

Wolverine.

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Joewell911
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for super_soldierxii
Super_SoldierXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Super_SoldierXII

Logan should win.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By ShootingNova

@cw2323 said:

baraka:I will kill you mortal of earth realm

logan:what you say bub

5 seconds later

shang tsun: fatality wolverine wins

LOL this.

Avatar image for 7am_waking_up_in_the_morning
7am_Waking_Up_In_The_Morning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's to bad, Baraka doesn't have a healing factor.

KRGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By KRGL

Exactly how strong are Logan's bone claws? I was always under the impression that they could cut threw most stones and possibly some softer metals. Also without his adamantium, his healing factor is increases (technically working at normal levels) and he has so much training and fighting skill. I think he's too much for Baraka.

Duke_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Duke_Nasty

@joewell: No his HF is better w/o Adamantium.

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ImmortalOne

Wolverine. He's got the healing factor and better skill. Even without the healing factor, he'd still win.

uroborosphael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By uroborosphael

Well, i think Baraka has his chances here, can Baraka decapitate Logan, if yes, then he got a chance. I can't chose who would win in a majority though...

VenomousDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By VenomousDragon

@ImmortalOne said:

Wolverine. He's got the healing factor and better skill. Even without the healing factor, he'd still win.

No i dont think logan would win without his healing factor, almost everyone in MK has minor meta human abilities (without his HF logan looses his) baraka is also a skilled martial artist and has superior range, id say baraka takes this if logan doesnt have his healing factor but with it I would give it to logan.

KRGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By KRGL

@VenomousDragon said:

@ImmortalOne said:

No i dont think logan would win without his healing factor, almost everyone in MK has minor meta human abilities (with his HF logan looses his) baraka is also a skilled martial artist and has superior range, id say baraka takes this if logan doesnt have his healing factor but with it I would give it to logan.

There is a flip side to having a longer range as well and that is if Logan gets inside of that range it's in his favor. I bet Logan can find a way of getting inside of Baraka's range even during combat and dealing some damage.

ImmortalOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ImmortalOne

@VenomousDragon said:

@ImmortalOne said:

No i dont think logan would win without his healing factor, almost everyone in MK has minor meta human abilities (without his HF logan looses his) baraka is also a skilled martial artist and has superior range, id say baraka takes this if logan doesnt have his healing factor but with it I would give it to logan.

Doesn't matter. Wolverine is an immensely better fighter and tactician than Baraka, whose only advantage here is slightly greater strength and stamina. And even without the healing factor, Wolverine still has superhuman reflexes and agilitly.

Avatar image for jediassassin811
jediassassin811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jediassassin811

They are both good fighters. Logan obviously has a healing factor that serves him well. Without the healing factor Baraka would be a very big threat. They both can be ferocious as hell. I'd have to give this battle to Logan either way. I think Logan would outsmart Baraka and Logan just simply doesn't like to lose, he likes to dish out a can of whoop ass. Pardon me for my language. It would be a cool fight to see though, I would definitely bet money on Logan to win this fight.

VenomousDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By VenomousDragon

@ImmortalOne said:

@VenomousDragon said:

@ImmortalOne said:

Doesn't matter. Wolverine is an immensely better fighter and tactician than Baraka, whose only advantage here is slightly greater strength and stamina. And even without the healing factor, Wolverine's still a skilled acrobat and peak human.

Baraka is a general (of a horde of savages but still) so he is no stranger to tactics. immensely better fighter? i wouldnt say that if you go by the style systems from MK:D,MK:DA anad MK:A he is a master of at least two different martial arts forms (Hung gar and Silat), now in world of comics where people master 101 martial arts it doesnt sound super impressive (Funny logan is one of the few characters it actually makes sense for because of his extended life) but the point is Baraka is highly skilled in his own right.

Avatar image for jediassassin811
jediassassin811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jediassassin811

@VenomousDragon: I agree with you in this. Baraka is very skilled but I still think Logan would come out on top.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Baraka.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By nick_hero22

Wolverine takes this effortlessly. Wolverine has enhanced physical stats and he has beaten fighters such as Captain America, Iron Fist, and Shang Chi. I really don't see what Baraka could actually do here since he really doesn't have any note-worthy showings and he has been beaten by pretty poor fighters before i.e. Jax, and to make matters worse Wolverine would most likely draw first blood due to having superhuman senses and being very familiar with terrain like the Living Forest due to experience in the wild and in places like Savage Land.

DivineDamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Wolverine takes this effortlessly. Wolverine has enhanced physical stats and he has beaten fighters such as Captain America, Iron Fist, and Shang Chi. I really don't see what Baraka could actually do here, especially when Wolverine would most likely draw first blood due to having superhuman senses and being very familiar with terrain like the Living Forest due to experience in the wild and Savage Land.

Baraka also has enhanced senses. Being able to locate and tell the identity of a person by just smelling. And with the healing factor of Wolverine surpressed, Barake takes this imo. Baraka's healing factor is also pretty decent. When he was cut in half by Kung Lao, he held himself together, fought the battle and healed after. He also has the ranged advantage. Being able to shoot projectiles.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Anything Baraka has done to put him anywhere near Wolverine skill wise?

DivineDamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing really that impressive, mastered some martial arts, being a tactician, having a healing factor and enhaced senses. I think he's quite a good match against Boneclaw Woverine with surpressed healing.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08 said:

Nothing really that impressive, mastered some martial arts, being a tactician, having a healing factor and enhaced senses. I think he's quite a good match against Boneclaw Woverine with surpressed healing.

Heh, I think Wolverine can with this due to skill though the suppressed healing is going to make this harder.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator  Online

@scorpion2501 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

Wolverine takes this effortlessly. Wolverine has enhanced physical stats and he has beaten fighters such as Captain America, Iron Fist, and Shang Chi. I really don't see what Baraka could actually do here, especially when Wolverine would most likely draw first blood due to having superhuman senses and being very familiar with terrain like the Living Forest due to experience in the wild and Savage Land.

Baraka also has enhanced senses. Being able to locate and tell the identity of a person by just smelling. And with the healing factor of Wolverine surpressed, Barake takes this imo. Baraka's healing factor is also pretty decent. When he was cut in half by Kung Lao, he held himself together, fought the battle and healed after. He also has the ranged advantage. Being able to shoot projectiles.

That was from an unused bio in the strategy guide. He was never actually bisected in MK Triliogy which is what you're referring to.

DivineDamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpion2501 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

That was from an unused bio in the strategy guide. He was never actually bisected in MK Triliogy which is what you're referring to.

I know, but OP says all feats are allowed in any meduim. So this counts, doesn't it?

DivineDamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Heh, your username tells it all.

Just kidding Wolverine has a decent shot at this

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Wolverine008
nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By nick_hero22

@scorpion2501 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

1) Baraka has enhanced senses, but they have never been expanded on though, so I really don't see how we are suppose to accurately evaluate them.

2) Wolverine's doesn't need his healing factor here because his combat speed and reaction time is much more faster than Baraka's and with Wolverine's healing factor suppressed he will be much more inclined to utilize his physical stats and skills here to pull out a easy victory in my opinion. Baraka has some very poor skill showings lore-wise i.e. his fight with Jax.

3) Are you talking about the fight between Kung Lao and Baraka in the Mortal Kombat: Armageddon trailer? It was shown after the end of Armageddon that Baraka died from being cut in half from Kung Lao hat.

Baraka's corpse is shown at 0:33 on the video

Loading Video...

4) Baraka's ranged projectiles are a non-factor here because they have never afforded him a victory over anyone worth note and Wolverine is fast enough to react to them.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 juiceboks  Moderator  Online

@juiceboks said:

@scorpion2501 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

I know, but OP says all feats are allowed in any meduim. So this counts, doesn't it?

Ehhh..it was never shown how he survived it(because it didn't actually happen) so I don't think it's a good feat to base an argument off of.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpion2501 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

Baraka was cut in half by Kung Lao's hat at the end of Mortal Kombat: Armageddon.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rolling with a Nerf'd Wolvie.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Fighting game battles are hard to call. If I were Logan I'd get some ass that pins me in the corner and punches me to death. That's probably not gonna happen here though. No idea.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 juiceboks  Moderator  Online

@juiceboks said:

@scorpion2501 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

Baraka was cut in half by Kung Lao's hat at the end of Mortal Kombat: Armageddon.

Yea, I know. But that actually killed him did it not?

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22 said:

@juiceboks said:

@scorpion2501 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

Yea, I know. But that actually killed him did it not?

Yep, he died from it. I posted the video above in one of my earlier posts.

Beam3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Wolverine will win in a good fight. Mainly because of Wolverine being slightly a better fighter. Wolverine has lived a long time and seen a lot of combat, he is pretty experienced and defeated superior foes than Baraka has.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpion2501: I wouldn't use the Baraka cut in half story bit at all. I think that was a preproduction thing that wasn't finalized at the time, but was later confirmed not to be the case entirely when the game (MK Gold) officially came out. Instead look at Baraka in MK Shaolin Monks and how he was able to continue to fight even after being impaled through the abdomen...

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

...and take note that even after he was impaled through the head he was still very much alive and standing. It is a safe bet to say that to kill Baraka you have to completely dismember him, or other wise incapacitate him.

All in all he's pretty durable.

Loading Video...

Also, about Baraka's senses, as a Tarkatan his senses are much more attuned than a humans overall. Senses like his sense of smell, I would put on the same level as a dog, or some other animal who is beyond a human in those areas.

From MK Deception:

"[Baraka] knew by the scent of Tarkatan blood on her clothes that she had already killed the one he had sent to meet her. But her sense of smell was not as keen as a true Tarkata's. She was unaware of Baraka's presence. He barked her name and when she turned to face him... he tore her apart."

Another thing to keep in mind as well though, is that Baraka is superhuman in the strength category too. Though it hasn't been specified exactly how strong he is, it has been shown that he can throw an adult human well over 30ft with one arm.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

Baraka has also shown incredible agility by being able to jump dozens of feet into the air, and also that same distance from one point to another, all from a standing position. He is able to contort himself mid jump to perform mid air dodges as well.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beam3000 said:

I think Wolverine will win in a good fight. Mainly because of Wolverine being slightly a better fighter. Wolverine has lived a long time and seen a lot of combat, he is pretty experienced and defeated superior foes than Baraka has.

Wolverine is a significantly better fighter than Baraka. Baraka was soundly defeated by Jax, who got wrecked by two fodder Tarkatans.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By nick_hero22

@onilordasmodeus: What wrong with the evidence presented for Baraka being able to be mutilated by Kung Lao's hat? I'm presenting information from the lore while you are using non-canon trailers and gameplay mechanics to argue in the negative, and you don't see how information from the lore would have more validity than the sources you are using? Why do you assume that it was pre-production or not finalized? You're aware that Mortal Kombat Gold came out much later than Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, and I did a quick search and found this, "Baraka dying at the hands of Kung Lao and being revived, hence the scar and metal staples on his body. This was retconned as his surviving Kung Lao's attack, as stated in an unlockable photo of his and Mileena's Mortal Kombat Gold character renders in Mortal Kombat: Deception." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_Kombat_Gold

Baraka in the lore has never shown to have above human durability nor has he displayed anything akin to the speed and agility that is portrayed in comics. You trying to use gameplay mechanics and non-canon information doesn't change this fact because it will simply show a huge inconsistency in the characterization of characters in this thread, and someone could easily make a compelling case in the negative using information from the lore which is the more accurate characterization.

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@nick_hero22 said:

@onilordasmodeus: What wrong with the evidence presented for Baraka being able to be mutilated by Kung Lao's hat? I'm presenting information from the lore while you are using non-canon trailers and gameplay mechanics to argue in the negative, and you don't see how information from the lore would have more validity than the sources you are using? Why do you assume that it was pre-production or not finalized? You're aware that Mortal Kombat Gold came out much later than Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, and I did a quick search and found this, "Baraka dying at the hands of Kung Lao and being revived, hence the scar and metal staples on his body. This was retconned as his surviving Kung Lao's attack, as stated in an unlockable photo of his and Mileena's Mortal Kombat Gold character renders in Mortal Kombat: Deception." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_Kombat_Gold

Baraka in the lore has never shown to have above human durability nor has he displayed anything akin to the speed and agility that is portrayed in comics. You trying to use gameplay mechanics and non-canon information doesn't change this fact because it will simply see to huge inconsistencies in characterization in this thread, and someone could easily make a compelling case in the negative using information from the lore which is the more accurate characterization.

I'm not talking about MKA at all when I'm talking about Baraka being split in half, I was solely talking about MKG. I said to @scorpion2501 that I wouldn't use that retconned/recanted bit of lore as a basis of Baraka's durability, and I also said that this...

No Caption Provided

...CAN KILL BARAKA. I never said anything different. The only thing I did say was that he can take a lot of punishment, and that most likely anything short of dismemberment wouldn't work.

Also, THIS IS MY THREAD, AND THE RULES SAY ALL FEATS AND ABILITIES ARE ALLOWED FROM ANY MEDIUM. Your cries for "this isn't canon" don't apply here as the movies, games, comics, and everything else can be used.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By nick_hero22

@onilordasmodeus said:

@nick_hero22 said:

Baraka in the lore has never shown to have above human durability nor has he displayed anything akin to the speed and agility that is portrayed in comics. You trying to use gameplay mechanics and non-canon information doesn't change this fact because it will simply see to huge inconsistencies in characterization in this thread, and someone could easily make a compelling case in the negative using information from the lore which is the more accurate characterization.

I'm not talking about MKA at all when I'm talking about Baraka being split in half, I was solely talking about MKG. I said to @scorpion2501 that I wouldn't use that retconned/recanted bit of lore as a basis of Baraka's durability, and I also said that this...

No Caption Provided

...CAN KILL BARAKA. I never said anything different. The only thing I did say was that he can take a lot of punishment, and that most likely anything short of dismemberment wouldn't work.

Also, THIS IS MY THREAD, AND THE RULES SAY ALL FEATS AND ABILITIES ARE ALLOWED FROM ANY MEDIUM. Your cries for "this isn't canon" don't apply here as the movies, games, comics, and everything else can be used.

1) I haven't seen anything showing that Baraka can take out more punishment then your average human.

2) Whether everything is allowed is irrelevant to what I said, so I will quote myself again for you. "Baraka in the lore has never shown to have above human durability nor has he displayed anything akin to the speed and agility that is portrayed in comics. You trying to use gameplay mechanics and non-canon information doesn't change this fact because it will simply show a huge inconsistency in the characterization of characters in this thread, and someone could easily make a compelling case in the negative using information from the lore which is the more accurate characterization." Just because you allow all feats to be used, doesn't change the canon status of that said feat is what you are failing to realize. A canon interpretation has more priority and authority than a non-canon interpretation.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: No one is arguing against the rules, what I said is that once you allow everything to be permissible and don't establish a hierarchy of what feats are the most important you end up with Anarchy. For example, one user can adopt a positive position based off of feats that come from the lore (i.e. Wolverine wins because Baraka is X) while another user could adopt a negative position based off non-canon feats (Wolverine loses because Baraka is Y). And, since there is no definitive version of the character being used here in the thread the users would be continuously contradicting each by trying to 1up each other with two different interpretations based off a different set of feats (canon or non-canon). Once you make no distinction between non-canon and canon, and allow all things to be possible then the users start to create their own subjective characterization of the characters by choosing the feats they like most; which leads to insanity because how do you determine which interpretation is the most accurate if they all are subjective?