• Win via Knock-out / Incapacitation.
  • Unarmed combat.
  • No prep time.
  • No venom.
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@k4tzm4n I need your opinion, as well.

Zeiss' feats:

- Stomped Catwoman badly (Not impressive).

- Stalemated Batman more than once (Impressive).

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#2 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@venomousbane: Okay, I'll give my thoughts later. It's new comic book day so there's a lot of work to do!

VenomousBane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By VenomousBane
jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure there is context to the cat woman fight? I think you should give zeiss a weapon though. Banes resume is more impressive from what I have seen.

VenomousBane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: True, Bane has more feats. Ok, I'll give him his weapons.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Stalemated Batman more than once

I was under the impression that was only the one time? He fought Batman three times; one fight was a stalemate, another fight ended in a loss for Zeiss after Cassandra Cain showed up to tilt the scales, and the third ended with Batman just straight up kicking Philo's teeth in.

That said I think Zeiss may have a decent chance of taking the majority, especially if it's pre-52 Bane. The way he demolished Catwoman and his fights with Batman suggest the key to handling his superhuman senses and reactions is advanced skill rather than greater agility.

VenomousBane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By VenomousBane

@saren: I need to check my sources on that. Sorry, if I am wrong.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@venomousbane: Okay, finally following-up on this. It's a tough one and for one big reason: Bane's ridiculously high level of pain tolerance. We know Zeiss is more skilled and he has better reflexes, but his damage output isn't that great. So while there's no doubt he's going to get a ton of hits against Bane, it takes a lot of blunt force to bring the big guy down. Zeiss' skill and reflexes means he should have the advantage, but I believe every now and then Bane may hang in there long enough to get his hands on Zeiss and end it -- kind of like how Bruce did in their last fight. Eventually, he could see that Zeiss can dance around all of his attacks, so given his own degree of intellect and tactics, he may let Zeiss get close and land a hit just so he can counter. Zeiss has the edge, but it should take awhile and the longer it goes on, the more Bane's odds increase, I believe. It's been awhile since I read his appearances, but I seem to remember Zeiss having a bit of an ego, too. Still, I guess Zeiss should take at least 6/10 thanks to him having the edge in both skill and reflexes.